Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (65968 Views)

NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Chukwuka16: 5:12am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:
KEMI ADEOSUN'S ALLEGED NYSC CERTIFICATE SCANDAL : A BIGGER PICTURE TO IT.

Kemi Adeosun was born, bred and brought up in the United Kingdom. She spent the first 30years of her life there. She equally had all her education in the U.K and hatched her career there, also. For clarity purposes, I understand and fully support the general opinion that she must face the law - she should never have forged it, that's criminal and totally unacceptable (albeit if the facts provided by Premium Times are totally correct).

Pelumi Olugbenga
7th of July,2018.

Dear OP, this is a very useless and 'unobjective' write-up. It is a pile of crap and a heap of dung. It is bullshit! It is reasoning like this that continues to lend credence to the popular belief that Nigerians are fraudulent and condone fraud.

You start by sounding like someone who wants to be objective but you veer off rather shamelessly.

Kemi isn't the first Nigerian to be born and raised abroad, neither will she be the last. Her being born in the UK should have instilled in her a higher degree of responsibility considering the places she has claimed to work and the fact that laws do work in the west.

Being born abroad does not make one 'intelligent'. Location is never a determining factor of one's prowess. I must concede that location does offer early advantages especially in speeding up processes and exposure, however, with time, diligence and a bit of luck (call it goodwill), the so-called disadvantaged person gets to level up and even surpass the so-called foreign expert. Aware of naysayers and detractors, let me reiterate that the essence of foreign scholarships to deserving Nigerians is supposed to be the 'goodwill' that ensures our best and brightest get the necessary exposure to drive development back home. That such system has crumbled is simply because we started compromising from the beginning by allowing frauds (Tinubu, Stella Oduah, Oshiomohle, Buhari, Ndi Okereke and a host of others) occupy exalted offices that they do not qualify for and simply failed to convict them. Think of the recent Chinese scholarship saga. Infact, during my MSc I was shocked to discover that PTDF scholarship had both politician list and 'merit' list. One folk who got the scholarship was grossly unqualified. I didn't mince words in informing him that he was a shame to humanity, himself and his creator. We never talked since then. I saw folks who were undeserving of the sponsorship they received from their universities to come for PG studies. It became apparent to me why Nigeria was a failed state. I detest mediocrity and incompetence. I detest a scenario where you have incompetent people as leaders. The obvious implication is nepotism and mediocrity. How do you expect Tinubu or Buhari to recruit best brains. What has become of the so-called best brains from them - Fashola (resounding failure), Fowler (compounded failure) and the likes!

By all standards, Kemi was never qualified for the job of a finance minister. We never argued about Ngozi Iweala's pedigree or competence for the job. She was widely known and respected in international circles. She has a clout and that spoke well for us during her stint as a minister. Look at the people she surrounded herself with - Oteh (first class UNN), Onyeama (NSE DG, a brain) and the likes. Look at her restructuring of the MOF and all her ideas. Agreed that she superintended over a government that was beset with corruption and she could have resigned, however, her stint speaks for itself.

The issue on ground is not about restructuring NYSC. That is a detraction from the problem - someone allegedly forged her NYSC exemption certificate. In saner climes she would have resigned and be under investigation. Someone calls the forgery trivial sine it isn't a bachelors degree. In the stone age, such a person would have been quickly identified and 'removed' from humanity. Little little compromises are what have led to the failure called Nigeria.

I concede that we need our brains to drive the country. However, we cannot cut our heads to spite our noise (usually the other way round). It doesn't mean there are no local talents, they abound, however, for a system to work, laws must be followed and justice applied irrespective of whose ox is gored. First, Buhari has repeatedly refused to present his certificate which he claimed was being held by the military board. Attempts at court were frustrated by threats to the lawyer and an avalanche of SANS. Nigerians allowing Buhari to continue to lead and even indicate interest for a second term shows that we have lost it. It starts from Buhari! Nigerians need to sustain the narrative and discuss on his qualifications. How can we not know if a candidate is qualified to run? Haba!

Kemi is a greater picture of the abroad syndrome! The so-called people who think that their foreign pedigree gives them privilege over resident Nigerians. I have been privileged to school outside Nigeria for my advanced degree and I have no regard for a lot of them. We (resident Nigerians) still best them in interviews despite being termed 'local'. They are quick to speak cockney (apologies to FFK) English asking me why I should have a jacket on during autumn. Is it you that the cold is doing? I no form say I be yankee when cold no dey do, na book carry me come here! Once in a while you do get to meet decent ones though, and it is always warming having deep and enlightening conversations with them. That they are abroad based doesn't confer on them special privileges.

Please do not feel offended that I have come out hard against you. I have to because your write up has failed to be objective. I appreciate radical stands myself, however, the issue on ground should be the strengthening of our justice and legal system. If Kemi is found to be guilty, then she should face the music. Likewise, Nigerians need to re-visit the issue of Buhari's certificate to settle the issue once and for all. Let's get something right at least!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Celsony: 5:41am On Jul 08, 2018
cho cho cho
na so so talk and their pockets them sabi, no them screen her, why they no talk since. anyways make them investigate both the Senate that screen her and minister, those found guilty shud face d law. but for this country I no say nothing like that go happen.
This is Nigeria.

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by blackgold90(m): 5:44am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

The article as seen above totally condemned the alleged forgery by Mrs Kemi Adeosun. The article also posited that the Minister must face the law. Nevertheless, the article opined that young bright minds of Nigerian ancestry who were unfortunately born and brought up abroad but are desirous of working for a better Nigeria should not be alienated from contributing to our national development due to their lack of participation in NYSC.

We should seek to integrate our administrative and technological wiz kids the same way we brought Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme and co to our fold.

Nigeria needs its best brains to return to the country now. We've suffered a lot from brain drain.

These footballers you guys have mentioned how did they fair in World Cup?
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by blackgold90(m): 5:46am On Jul 08, 2018
IamPatriotic:
One unique thing about Yoruba that is lacking among other tribes, especially people from oriental part of the Niger, is that we don't openly condone criminality. Rarely will you hear us making unnecessary and untenable excuses to why Kemi shouldn't resign from the Government, but can the same thing be said for Stella Odua or Ike Ekweremadu?

Focus on issues

Stella and Ike didn't forget muscling certificate
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Daejoyoung: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2018
osazeeblue01:
They feel or think NYSC is not important.
ls it important??
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Seun360(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2018
osazeeblue01:
They feel or think NYSC is not important.

Something that ought to be scrapped long ago.

Iranu.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 08, 2018
LZAA:

grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii iceberg3
APC is the party of dullards with forged certificates

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nistevea(m): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] well constructed but no conclusion. are you saying nysc certificate requirement in nigeria should be waved for nigeria in diasporal while it will be compulsory for those who are breed in naija. it would have been better to say SCRAB NYSC
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by otokx(m): 7:10am On Jul 08, 2018
blackgold90:

These footballers you guys have mentioned how did they fair in World Cup?

Thank you for this.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by princeade86(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2018
Ziggylady:
Blablablabla!!...epistle for zombies undecided

The question is..must she forge a NYSC certificate?..What is it with Nigerians forging and doctoring documents?...its an epidemic indeed.
u don't get d writer sir. she tried to let federal government know that nysc must not be compulsory before u can get a job in Nigeria. I think she is right. if not that nysc is important before u can get job, she wunt bother to forge certificate.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by ohduz1988(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2018
Blackmail her with a sex tape please. I get Hot anytime i see the woman
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by adaweezy(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

The NYSC act stipulates that only those that graduated after the age of 30 are eligible for exemption letter.

How did he achieve his?

Used her masters degree....
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by muffyt05: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2018
selemempe:
I knew a fool was going to say this. Read ur ppls nonsense talk wen tinubu was facing cct trial.

Liars u all are

I'll really implore you to read one more time the various comments you posted to malign the commenters.
Not even one of them called him a saint,they all said he should be made to face justice which is demanded of a civil person. Their only agitation was the timing,which is a crucial factor during election periods.
You're still never gonna see us defend a proven and convicted criminal, it's not in our blood,never. If indeed she's found guilty by a competent court of law,then she should carry her cross but if you all expect us to fold our hands while you all convict her on social media due to your incurrable hatered,sorry is your case then
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Bentila(m): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2018
Chukwuka16:

Dear OP, this is a very useless and 'unobjective' write-up. It is a pile of crap and a heap of dung. It is bullshit! It is reasoning like this that continues to lend credence to the popular belief that Nigerians are fraudulent and condone fraud.

You start by sounding like someone who wants to be objective but you veer off rather shamelessly.

Kemi isn't the first Nigerian to be born and raised abroad, neither will she be the last. Her being born in the UK should have instilled in her a higher degree of responsibility considering the places she has claimed to work and the fact that laws do work in the west.

Being born abroad does not make one 'intelligent'. Location is never a determining factor of one's prowess. I must concede that location does offer early advantages especially in speeding up processes and exposure, however, with time, diligence and a bit of luck (call it goodwill), the so-called disadvantaged person gets to level up and even surpass the so-called foreign expert. Aware of naysayers and detractors, let me reiterate that the essence of foreign scholarships to deserving Nigerians is supposed to be the 'goodwill' that ensures our best and brightest get the necessary exposure to drive development back home. That such system has crumbled is simply because we started compromising from the beginning by allowing frauds (Tinubu, Stella Oduah, Oshiomohle, Buhari, Ndi Okereke and a host of others) occupy exalted offices that they do not qualify for and simply failed to convict them. Think of the recent Chinese scholarship saga. Infact, during my MSc I was shocked to discover that PTDF scholarship had both politician list and 'merit' list. One folk who got the scholarship was grossly unqualified. I didn't mince words in informing him that he was a shame to humanity, himself and his creator. We never talked since then. I saw folks who were undeserving of the sponsorship they received from their universities to come for PG studies. It became apparent to me why Nigeria was a failed state. I detest mediocrity and incompetence. I detest a scenario where you have incompetent people as leaders. The obvious implication is nepotism and mediocrity. How do you expect Tinubu or Buhari to recruit best brains. What has become of the so-called best brains from them - Fashola (resounding failure), Fowler (compounded failure) and the likes!

By all standards, Kemi was never qualified for the job of a finance minister. We never argued about Ngozi Iweala's pedigree or competence for the job. She was widely known and respected in international circles. She has a clout and that spoke well for us during her stint as a minister. Look at the people she surrounded herself with - Oteh (first class UNN), Onyeama (NSE DG, a brain) and the likes. Look at her restructuring of the MOF and all her ideas. Agreed that she superintended over a government that was beset with corruption and she could have resigned, however, her stint speaks for itself.

The issue on ground is not about restructuring NYSC. That is a detraction from the problem - someone allegedly forged her NYSC exemption certificate. In saner climes she would have resigned and be under investigation. Someone calls the forgery trivial sine it isn't a bachelors degree. In the stone age, such a person would have been quickly identified and 'removed' from humanity. Little little compromises are what have led to the failure called Nigeria.

I concede that we need our brains to drive the country. However, we cannot cut our heads to spite our noise (usually the other way round). It doesn't mean there are no local talents, they abound, however, for a system to work, laws must be followed and justice applied irrespective of whose ox is gored. First, Buhari has repeatedly refused to present his certificate which he claimed was being held by the military board. Attempts at court were frustrated by threats to the lawyer and an avalanche of SANS. Nigerians allowing Buhari to continue to lead and even indicate interest for a second term shows that we have lost it. It starts from Buhari! Nigerians need to sustain the narrative and discuss on his qualifications. How can we not know if a candidate is qualified to run? Haba!

Kemi is a greater picture of the abroad syndrome! The so-called people who think that their foreign pedigree gives them privilege over resident Nigerians. I have been privileged to school outside Nigeria for my advanced degree and I have no regard for a lot of them. We (resident Nigerians) still best them in interviews despite being termed 'local'. They are quick to speak cockney (apologies to FFK) English asking me why I should have a jacket on during autumn. Is it you that the cold is doing? I no form say I be yankee when cold no dey do, na book carry me come here! Once in a while you do get to meet decent ones though, and it is always warming having deep and enlightening conversations with them. That they are abroad based doesn't confer on them special privileges.

Please do not feel offended that I have come out hard against you. I have to because your write up has failed to be objective. I appreciate radical stands myself, however, the issue on ground should be the strengthening of our justice and legal system. If Kemi is found to be guilty, then she should face the music. Likewise, Nigerians need to re-visit the issue of Buhari's certificate to settle the issue once and for all. Let's get something right at least!
One of d best write ups. No insults, no tribalistic statements yet you corrected d op big time. Which all Nairalanders could dis mature. Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Flexy2009(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

The Senators, if the news report by PT is true, are all accomplices.

On the other hand, most children of Nigerian political class don't take really take part in NYSC. All our Governors and Senators children largely school abroad and they don't ever fully take part in NYSC.

NYSC is mostly felt by the poor and not too influential Nigerians.
You are guilty of generalisation as your ascertion may not be true entirely. From my own experience children of the political elites often times partake in the compulsory national service but they some times skip the two weeks orientation plus they don't usually report to their places of national assignment until the date for passing out parade due to their connection they simply come and collect their certificate.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by cosfrac: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

I'm definitely not making any excuse. I'm only being objective and fair - especially to our fellow brothers and sisters abroad. If the Minister is found guilty, she must be prosecuted.

Nevertheless, NYSC somewhat alienate Nigeria from some of its best brains in the diaspora.
haven't you heard of exemption certification for those who which not to serve for some reason or above 30 yrs, she could've done that instead of cutting conner and for our brothers and sisters in diaspora who has positive things to offer this nation they can do so unless Nig government choose to scrap the scheme entirely
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Jokerman(m): 8:19am On Jul 08, 2018
babaolofin:

Ordinarily, I should not have wasted my time with you because some of us overrated Buhari before he became president. That has been our cross.

In 2007, Obj left $50 billion in reserve. In 2008, oil rose to over $100 / barrel. We have steady high oil price for 6 yrs at steady oil output. Nigeria spent everything saving no kobo, borrowing money & depleted the reserve Obj left by almost $25 billion. Oil was $45 / barrel when Obj paid debt. In 1999, Obj inherited $5.5 billion from Abdul-Salam with debt burden when oil sold around $10 / barel. The two PhD holders made the highest revenue in Africa history, spent everything, saving nothing, borrowed & spent the reserve another government left.

Till date, nobody is talking about this monumental corruption.This is a corruption against humanity. The god of Nigeria cannot forgive them. GEJ on a national network news said nobody should probe him except they start from 1960, the Igbo's use Biafra agitation to overshadow Commonwealth robbery of national treasury. Is FFK or Dino Melaye or Fayose Ibo?

For the woman at the Finance, the National Assembly cannot blackmail her to release money to them. They should go to Court to prove she forged the Certificate of Exemption. She has never worked in Nigeria before she was 30. When she was invited to Nigeria by Ogun State governor to become the Commissioner of Finance, she was already above 30. She never said she served. They should go to Court to proof the certificate of exemption is forged.

Age is not the only condition for exemption. Those already in national service are also exempted.

Then why did she forge??
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by okwabayi(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2018
Abeg wake me up when Nairaland rants and epistles become the genesis of a new law being passed in the Nigerian senate. Until then all of you politics section members will remain arm chair political analysts with nothing glorious to write about your lives.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by XaviDayo(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2018
Why did she forge the certificate I'm the first place? That is if she did
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by sodeide2013: 9:11am On Jul 08, 2018
Stupid write up. You cant defend the indefensible!
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Sweetliver(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2018
One can also apply for exemption letter.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by BluntBoy(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2018
They should find something to do about the NYSC.

I am not even sure if Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie served too or even has a cert. exempting her.

The NYSC should be made optional. It is not like it has helped unite us in the country. There is still tribalism.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by abimic(m): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2018
The article or write up is useless, no one Bred and brought up abroad had being disenfranchised from either getting discharged or exemption certificate as the case maybe respectively but forging is outrightly unacceptable. So stop making issues where there are none.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Richie77: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2018
NYSC OR NO NYSC , I THINK THIS IS JUST WITCH HUNT.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by JakeII(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

The article as seen above totally condemned the alleged forgery by Mrs Kemi Adeosun. The article also posited that the Minister must face the law. Nevertheless, the article opined that young bright minds of Nigerian ancestry who were unfortunately born and brought up abroad but are desirous of working for a better Nigeria should not be alienated from contributing to our national development due to their lack of participation in NYSC.

We should seek to integrate our administrative and technological wiz kids the same way we brought Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme and co to our fold.

Nigeria needs its best brains to return to the country now. We've suffered a lot from brain drain.

You are one of the Nigerians giving us hope that there people who still with their brains. Thanks for your sensible comment.....I was baffled with the comment you quoted and felt like crying. Some people just like to TALK!
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by abimic(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2018
Bentila:

One of d best write ups. No insults, no tribalistic statements yet you corrected d op big time. Which all Nairalanders could dis mature. Nice one
He's no different from the op that he castigated but raised the bar a bit, he was sentimental in name calling, esp the PTDF, while I was in school, one of the top bosses of PTDF is from UNIBEN, Chemical Engineering, painting it like the rot in most spheres of Nigeria started from buhari's era is lie taken to the devil, of course he would be happy. Most Offers from government are tainted with cronies which didn't Just start, it has always been like that, And the Same people who ran aground the nation before Now still held sway. If we truly scrutinize our public holders and carry out complete forensic audits, you would be amazed at impending discoveries which dates back to even obj era. Saga, blackmail forgery and scandal are part of Nigerian politics. It didn't start Now, we can only nip it in the bud but people well connected would break the system and find their way in getting top government Jobs.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 08, 2018
Silvermoney:

This argument is incoherent and even insulting. It's neither here nor there. So what you're saying is that those who lived and schooled abroad should be automatically exempted from NYSC, while those who had the misfortune of schooling here in Nigeria should suffer the inconvenience and misery of NYSC. Yet, in spite of this huge sacrifice of the latter, the 'abroad schooled' ones should later be allowed to enjoy the spoils of public office over and ahead of those who paid their dues locally by 'serving' their fatherland via NYSC?

It's a ridiculous argument.

You shouldn't even imply that the so called 'abroad people' are more competent than those who studied here in Nigeria and suffered to do NYSC. That's a pathetic fallacy. I imagine the only advantage Kemi Adeosun has over any typical sound economics graduate from a Nigerian higher institution is her cockney accent.

It's better to call for the total scrapping of NYSC, rather than try to rationalise or excuse these so-called abroad folks.

It is obvious from what you have written here that better oyel dey ya head
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

You are not getting the point. I never expressly claimed those abroad should be automatically exempted. Rather, there must be a reform that will ensure they are integrated and not alienated in the scheme of things.

He not only got ur point, he twisted it with both hands and disposed of it carefully, straight into the bin. Your article is self-serving at best. And is a call to those who have systematically denigrated Nigerian education to go ahead and save themselves any inconveniences of the result better. It is why our president, vice-president and Senate President all have kids who graduated last year in UK universities but none of them have been seen wearing nysc uniform, whereas children of masses who attended the broken universities are transferred to borno, yobe and Adamawa as sport for their BH foot soldiers

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2018
AmbodOfLASU:

Lol. Did you go through the article at all? I clearly posited that she must face the law and prosecuted if found guilty.

I'm only making a case for our brothers and sisters abroad. For instance, I had a Fellowship program at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania last year.
I met a Nigerian American(born and brought up in USA) who has worked with NASA and Microsoft. He has only been to Nigeria once but I can tell you he is passionate about the country like everyone of us here.

Now, he finished university at the age of 20 and he got a top job immediately as he graduated cum laude.
He has worked for over 10years in U.S and he plans moving to Nigeria soon to help push the frontiers of sustainable engineering.
Imagine this scenario now, he is in his 30s but wants to move to Nigeria(not for the money but the desire to make impact). What if at the age of 36, there is an opening for a staff in the Ministry of Science and Technology, then, he decides to apply but he is strucked out due to the fact that he did not participate in NYSC?

Is that fair on him?

I equally don't want Nigeria to experience more brain drain. It's affecting us. I have no business with the Minister - I'm more concerned about Nigeria and its growth.

If he's so passionate about Nigeria, then he should come and serve in NYSC. Abi na only govt chop chop work service dey?
You make it sound like its those who studied in Nigeria that destroyed this country and only those who studied abroad can repair it. Newsflash: Tinubu, Saraki, FFK, NOI etc etc all studied abroad and came back to passionately destroy Nigeria!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2018
Chukwuka16:

You are not coherent & your posting publicly displayed lack of intellectual capacity or reasoning on logical issues. In an attempt to display your incivility & ignorance, you mentioned Madam Ndi Okereke as a misfit as a past DG of Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE). You are not qualified to comment on this type of issue. Ndi Okereke tenure as DG of NSE remained the best till date. Arumah Otteh, the SEC DG under GEJ was cleverly saved by GEJ from facing trial by removing her as DG few days to handing over power to Buhari. The House of Reps earlier recommended her sack but GEJ refused which made the National Assembly to refuse to make appropriation for SEC in 2015 budget, but she continued to spend money without approved budget (zero budget) which is another grave offence.

In 2007, Obj left $50 billion in reserve. In 2008, oil rose to over $100 / barrel. We have steady high oil price for 6 yrs at steady oil output. Nigeria spent everything saving no kobo, borrowing money & depleted the reserve Obj left by almost $25 billion. Oil was $45 / barrel when Obj paid debt. In 1999, Obj inherited $5.5 billion from Abdul-Salam with debt burden when oil sold around $10 / barel. The two PhD holders made the highest revenue in Africa history, spent everything, saving nothing, borrowed & spent the reserve another government left.

Till date, nobody is talking about this monumental corruption.This is a corruption against humanity. The god of Nigeria cannot forgive them. GEJ on a national network news said nobody should probe him except they start from 1960, the Igbo's use Biafra agitation to overshadow Commonwealth robbery of national treasury. Is FFK or Dino Melaye or Fayose Ibo?

For the woman at the Finance, the National Assembly cannot blackmail her to release money to them. They should go to Court to prove she forged the Certificate of Exemption. She has never worked in Nigeria before she was 30. When she was invited to Nigeria by Ogun State governor to become the Commissioner of Finance, she was already above 30. She never said she served. They should go to Court to with a proof that the certificate of exemption is forged. NYSC has not said anything. You or the Senate should approach NYSC for clarification or go to Court.

Age is not the only condition for exemption. Those already in national service are also exempted. Anybody with genuine case can apply to NYSC for exemption.

You have failed to give a technical reason why she is not qualified to be a Minster . A woman that oversee the economy with her team under serious economic recession & depression when oil sold less than $40 / barrel with population estimated at 180 million & oil production output less than 2.5million barrel / day
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by umurphy: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Let mrs Kemi Adeosun resign her position and clarify Nigerians on the allegations.
That is how it is done in UK where she spent her early 30years.
Re: Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
umurphy:
Let mrs Kemi Adeosun resign her position and clarify Nigerians on the allegations.
That is how it is done in UK where she spent her early 30years.

Resign based on online news or social media indictment? That is not done in UK or in any developed nation. Until NYSC speaks. Let anybody that has a case go to Court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures And Video From Hannan Buhari's Wedding In Abuja / Diezani To Visit Prophet T. B Joshua As Condition Worsens - Daily Post / Tinubu, Akande At Atiku's Son & Nuhu Ribadu's Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.