Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,508 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Long? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long? (4746 Views)

How Long Should Good Sex Last(photos) / YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / How Long Did It Take You To Woo Your Woman/man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long? by adaybola(f): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
Am really tired of waiting for that special man. I've waited, prayed and fasted. Yet, it seems like i'm never going to find him. It's like there is a curse somewhere which is delaying my meeting the special one for me. Am good looking, educated, humble, independent, well behave and i still don't get it!! I've been in few relationships though but these relationships only lasted few months.It's either i found out he's cheating or they made me believe they don't want to marry a woman as goodlooking as i am cos they are scared of sharing her with someone else after marriage and i asked myself if they didn't see me before they courted me. I've been invited by some friends to visit some white garmet churches, alfas and stuff but i just couldn't go to such extent. Pls y'all i need your advices and words of encouragement, pls if yu know yu have nothing positive to say pls don't say anything, thanks.
Re: How Long? by jaybee3(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
hmmmmmmm
Re: How Long? by mishooo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
hmmmmmm X2
Re: How Long? by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
how old aur you?
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: How Long? by omega25red(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
Poster my advice is be patient If you keep believing in God he will give you the man you deserve. Dont let the pressures of the biological clock get to you.
Where have you been meeting men? what type of a man are you looking for? Everyone has a wish list as to what they want, can you compromise on some of those things?
Re: How Long? by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
adaybola:

My dear just keep praying, your man might just be near you and if you give up now, you may loose him and it will take you time to see him again.
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
Well, yu know we all have some qualities we expect to get in our partners. I want him tall, not deadly handsome but presentable and just a wonderful person inside. I work in the aviation industry and i met cool people. The guys I dated at first seemed to be responsible until i got closer to them. Unfortunately,I don't really go out, am a homely person and lastly, i pray alot, as in alot!
Re: How Long? by jaybee3(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ok lemme get serious,
What's your approach in the little relationships u've gotten involved with?
Are you the type that hammers all about marriage 24/7?
What kinda friends do you roll with?
What kinda places do you frequent?
Re: How Long? by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
That a girl is 30 and stil single is not the end of time! i have a co-worker who is 35 and yet still single but she dos not allow that to bother her.

listen, start living a nomal life, take your mind of marriage/age and you will see yourslf refreshed again becos WORRY WILL MAKE YOU VERY DESPERATE. and once a man sees that you are desperate, he uses it against you.

pls be calm becos so many women in marriage are wishing to be single again.

you never can tell what is benet what we call marriage.
Re: How Long? by jaybee3(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
What if he is short but posses all the other qualities you want in a man?
Flexibility should reign supreme as long as the person is right for you.
IMO, Limitations should be a No No dis days
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
I'm not the going out type. I love my home, listening to good classic music with a glass of wine, surfing the web, cleaning my apartment, watching romantic comedy movies (This is me!!!) If i have to go out then it will be "the Beach". Well, if he's short and possess all the other qualities then i will go for it. I want to be happy!! I want to be with someone who got my back! and @ LOVE.4BUG, Tenks alot for the advice. Appr8
Re: How Long? by LOVE4BUG(f): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
adaybola:

Well, yu know we all have some qualities we expect to get in our partners. I want him tall, not deadly handsome but presentable and just a wonderful person inside. I work in the aviation industry and i met cool people. The guys I dated at first seemed to be responsible until i got closer to them. Unfortunately,I don't really go out, am a homely person and lastly, i pray alot, as in alot!

that is despreration!

All this qualities might not be God's plan for you

You might be looking for your husband in the wrong place

As you are good looking, dnt expect your real rib to be handsom

pls be nutral be friends with everybody(men) don't look at oh he is too short for me cos THAT MIGHT JUST BE YOUR HUBBY
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
you think so?
Re: How Long? by omega25red(m): 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
poster
you said you pray a lot so why not joing the single women's group in your church that way you might meet someone with the religious background and life principles as you
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
i pray alot but the nature of my job does not really give me the time to go to church every now and then.
Re: How Long? by jaybee3(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
do you do hook-ups?
I have some eligible bachelors
some are even closer than you think tongue
Re: How Long? by adaybola(f): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
if yu are serious and there is the possibility of meeting someone who values true love and family then y not.
Re: How Long? by oolu(m): 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
is that you in your profile picture?
back to the post, methinks, as far as I am concerned, i beautiful woman should have no problem whatsoever attracting the right suitor except she has some nasty behaviours that chase the good men away or attract the wrong set of guys. check urself gal, it might just be YOU.
Re: How Long? by Akainzo(m): 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Well, being 30 and not married is not a big deal and should not cause you too much worries.

What I have noticed is that the anxiety ladies put themselves in causes the men to notice and start to wonder. Also some ladies put themselves outside the circle of the kind of guys that they desire. In your own case, being at home is not bad, but you don't get to meet so many people by being at your own apartment. You got to go out, make friends and place yourself where such eligible men would find you. Then and only then, can you start exercising your choosing rights.

Drop me a line at akbanks47@yahoo.com and we can talk more.
Re: How Long? by fifi09(f): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
When you stop thinking about finding love, it will happen. Guyz can see through any desperation, they don't like it.
Get out and do new things, meet new people, and it's always a possibility. Good luck!
Re: How Long? by queeneve: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
It could be your expectation exceed the reality,

God's time is different from mankind time, If you prayed and fasted, AND OBSESS WITH IT, you tellin God you don't trust him therefore it will not happen. Law of attraction is a powerful thing when you attract negative attention it is because your mind is thinking negatively. If you are saying "oh how long do I have to wait and oooh it been a long and I haven't got my husband yet, yadda yadda", you won't get him. You confusing the universe by saying you want one, but your acting as if you don't think you will get one.

Focus on you and live your life, HE WILL COME. PRAY , THANK GOD, AND REJOICE. I was living my life and focus on me when my fiance approached me and now we getting married next month.
Re: How Long? by dealordea(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
run for your dear life!!!!!!!!the world is turning into something else, run for lifaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,,,,,
Re: How Long? by Osama10(m): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
Have you heard of God's Time.
Re: How Long? by LOVE4BUG(f): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2010
are we still on this? abeg jump am pass grin
Re: How Long? by mexxyaaron(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2010
@poster,
on a more seriuos note u definately have the qualities of my dream girl except that am not that tall as u might desire (5'9) but i think i have other qualities u desire.U could send me a mail on mexxy3a@yahoo.com for proper introduction and familiarisation.
Re: How Long? by Rocktation(f): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
Trust me, it pays to be patient. God's probably weeding out all the thorns (bad hubbies) from your path. It doesn't even matter that you're 30 now, cos all it takes for you to meet that one special person is just a day. And that day will be all you'll need, to forget that you've been waiting 30 long years.
Re: How Long? by ITgurlie(f): 12:24am On Jun 12, 2010

when you cast your cares unto Jesus just leave it there lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but your constant whining about not finding the right man will slow the process sad sad

So trust in God and believe that the best is yet to come, cheers smiley smiley
Re: How Long? by femmy2010(m): 2:07am On Jun 12, 2010
Just be you and definitely what would be yours wont go pass you.Am sure it is beta for what wont always be to end now than an unanticipated end way into the future when you must invested to much emotions and very well need that relationship to work.
Re: How Long? by sugarpp: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2010
well for one all other women possess all the good qualities u hv listed the question is what sets u apart? also u dnt go out dnt u think thats ur problem right there? go find a hobby get outside the comfort of ur home potential guys r outside n nt in ur hse! lastly stop with d negativity who said u r cursed findn a guy is nt easy business n perhaps u dnt ask the right questions with a guy in the early stages of a relationship to know that he really isnt serious. Be urself n real with a guy n dnt overdo things n naturally the guy thats right will cum ur way
Re: How Long? by saintneo(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2010
adaybola:

Am really tired of waiting for that special man. I've waited, prayed and fasted. Yet, it seems like i'm never going to find him. It's like there is a curse somewhere which is delaying my meeting the special one for me. Am good looking, educated, humble, independent, well behave and i still don't get it!! I've been in few relationships though but these relationships only lasted few months.It's either i found out he's cheating or they made me believe they don't want to marry a woman as goodlooking as i am cos they are scared of sharing her with someone else after marriage and i asked myself if they didn't see me before they courted me. I've been invited by some friends to visit some white garmet churches, alfas and stuff but i just couldn't go to such extent. Pls y'all i need your advices and words of encouragement, pls if yu know yu have nothing positive to say pls don't say anything. thanks.
the special one is married with four kids, currently he is in madrid planning for the future. just kidding grin grin grin grin grin

now back to business, i think you should redefine your definition for the special one. work on you becoming the special one yourself and see them coming cool
Re: How Long? by kpolli(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
well, well, well,
thats all for now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caught On Camera: Couples Making Out In The Beach / Lets Do This For Fun:joy Soap Or Lux,which Do You Prefer? / My Friend's Wife Did A Secret Abortion And He Wants A Divorce..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.