Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? (6202 Views)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 12:40am On Mar 26, 2007
I would honestly want to believethat there are as many intelligent girls as there are guys, at least if for nothing, the likes of Ms Ezekwesili, Dora and Okonjo Iweala prove it.

Then why is that you hardly see female opinions on threads posted in the "politics" forum and other intellectually challenging forums like "computers", technology and so on? What's happening to our young ladies? shocked
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by BigB11(m): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2007
They are busy in the kitchen, cooking and taking care of the kids. What do you want from them? lol

Make no mistake about it, my Friend, ladies in general are special, intelligent, magnificent and foundation of all structures.

Believe me, without them we are all lost!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 2:33am On Mar 26, 2007
Awwww Hell NO! You didn't just say that @ Big B1. I do remember replying your nonsense thread on IBB. angry angry angry tongue Thanks for the compliment but we're not just good for cooking and cleaning. We actually have brains too.

@1one, you would see more of the females' posts if only the guys acknowledged it. I basically get tired of saying stuff and everyone else ignoring it because I believe I am as current as the next guy.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 2:38am On Mar 26, 2007
Big B1:

They are busy in the kitchen, cooking and taking care of the kids. What do you want from them? lol

Make no mistake about it, my Friend, ladies in general are special, intelligent, magnificent and foundation of all structures.

Believe me, without them we are all lost!
was dat supposed to be funny? who told you the females are in the kitchen or taking care of the kids? and please tell us what the men are doing? i guess "not being in the kitchen and NOT taking care of the kids" cus their MEN. don't be so stereotypical for crying out loud!!! **rolleyes**
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by OmoEko1(f): 2:39am On Mar 26, 2007
well we do ohhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin, i actually do comment cheesy cheesy
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 2:43am On Mar 26, 2007
@ JAY - GIRL, i think persistence on your side should come into play, if they are not responding to your posts, keep on posting and if it continues, i guess it would do you good to check the texture of your posts, maybe it has some over excessively vapid and "out of point" content, maybe its just too simple
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 2:46am On Mar 26, 2007
1one:

i  would honestly want to believethat there are as many intelligent girls as there are guys,  at least if for nothing, the likes of Ms Ezekwesili, Dora and Okonjo iweala prove it. then why is that you hardly see female opinions on threads posted in the "[b][/b]politics" forum and other intellectually challenging forums like "computers", technology and so on. what's happening to our young ladies shocked

nothing's happening to "our young ladies". if a topic is interesting to a person and the person would like to comment on it, then he/she will. besides, topics like "computers" and "politics" aint necessarily "intellectually challenging" . and posting in those topics don't necessarily mean you're intellegent either  wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 2:47am On Mar 26, 2007
1one:

@ JAY - GIRL, i think persistence on your side should come into play, if they are not responding to your posts, keep on posting and if it continues, i guess it would do you good to check the texture of your posts, maybe it has some over excessively vapid and "out of point" content, maybe its just too simple

embarassed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 2:47am On Mar 26, 2007
1one:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I don suffer. Well because you're a guy, I never expected you to blame the guys for it. Too simple? Out of Point? Why am i not surprised?
Well it's gotten to the point where I have learnt to read what is on NL, do my research and talk to other people outside of NL about it.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 3:57am On Mar 26, 2007
so the latest gist is now:

politics = intelligence.

Really??

well the honest truth is that i know nothing about politics, absolutely nothing. and not because i'm less intelligent than a guy but because i've never had interest in such

I've said this before and i'll say it again, i knew who Obasanjo was, last year for the first time when he appeared on a norwegian channel. My cousin was like, "hey, that's Obasanjo" and i was like "ooh, he's really as ugly as people claim lol" and i'm happy i don't know about politics, because i get bored listening to people talk about it angry

Commenting on a section you know nothing about, will just be another way of making a fool out of yourself, i for one know i'll feel stupid sad and that's uncalled for.

And that's just the same way the family section is female-dominated. I guess every sex has a favourite section cheesy

But that dosen't mean we won't drop by and give a comment or two if it was something we knew how to comment on wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 4:10am On Mar 26, 2007
most politicians are men, and most seem to be assholes too see:
Bush---duhhhhhhhh
donald rumsfeld----another "duhhhhh" that never knew his job
some of them ex-pres. in nigeria, i don't know there names but i heard they were terrible leaders, from what i've heard, it don't sound like there too intelligent to me
the list could go on if i knew the names of those "intelligent" men.

this thread is sexist and an insult to females. now the poster's concluded that J-girls thread was empty because her topics were more than likely "too simple" and "out of point". i guess this thread must be intellectual, it is in the politics section.hmmm
funny enuff, there dont seem to be too many posts by you in the politics and technology intellectual threads.
***leaving thread to go prove intelligence in the political threads.c'mon ladies, lets go we might start looking dumber*** *rolleyes**
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 4:22am On Mar 26, 2007
ghettochyk, you couldn't have said it any better. This is absolute crap.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 4:34am On Mar 26, 2007
now i'm starting to question his own integelligence for considering technology and political talk as "intelllectually challenging". undecided
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 4:40am On Mar 26, 2007
it's even true. Just because someone is not technologically oriented doesn't mean that the person is not intelligent and just because one doesn't care about politics doesn't mean that the person is not intelligent either. It just means that they have different orientations.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 4:42am On Mar 26, 2007
@ poster

visiting another thread some minutes ago, i saw[b] someone[/b] accuse you of jumping into conclussions, so i decided to find out for myself

and guess what? she was absolutely right, you jump into conclussions, i also found out that you just say what you think without back-up facts angry

from the other thread you posted in, it was very obvious that you just read the heading of the thread and without even viewing it you just made an irritating comment, that's not an "inelligent" character from where i'm standing

i'm sure if you looked around well, did some research before posting, you'll see that "girls" do post in the "politics" section

and if what gjettochyk said was true, then you're a pot calling kettle black. still not an "intelligent" move grin

and then i just noticed you had 22posts and yet yu've had the time to know j-girl's post's were "out of point", before i forget you also said, if they weren't respondiing she should keep on posting as if we don't have better things to do,

as if the air we breath was dependant of making them notice our posts

na wah ooh, what won't i hear on nairaland

BTW your signature says "intellectual maturity is not age dependant" well news flash

its not "political dependant" either wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Tobiegal(f): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2007
Wow,

Am dead curious as to knw wot brought this topic up,

Cos, realy, we may not have 2 many female posters in politics, bt dat dont mean dey aint dere!

anyways, as far as one female posts, she definately represents al odas. grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2007
@Ghettochyk

Condolezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi
What do you make of them
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2007
Girls commenting on politics?  You are having a laugh  grin

I see no reason for additions to be made to the already considerable pool of ignorant and inane comments which bestrides this forum
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2007
let me take on all of you one by one

@ cute ass -
cute-ass:

so the latest gist is now:

politics = intelligence.

Really??

well the honest truth is that i know nothing about politics, absolutely nothing. and not because i'm less intelligent than a guy but because i've never had interest in such

I've said this before and i'll say it again, i knew who Obasanjo was, last year for the first time when he appeared on a norwegian channel. My cousin was like, "hey, that's Obasanjo" and i was like "ooh, he's really as ugly as people claim lol" and i'm happy i don't know about politics, because i get bored listening to people talk about it angry

Commenting on a section you know nothing about, will just be another way of making a fool out of yourself, i for one know i'll feel stupid sad and that's uncalled for.

And that's just the same way the family section is female-dominated. I guess every sex has a favourite section cheesy

But that dosen't mean we won't drop by and give a comment or two if it was something we knew how to comment on wink

politics = intelligence, whoever said politics was equal to intelligence , if you become cold enough, you'll be collected to know that i used the word "intellectually challenging'- what ever is intellectualy challening can only become solvable by being privy to some certain forms of information and facts and you cannot talk about computers, technology or politics if you are not ready to comb through some facts and information that are in themselves intellectually challenging, information is the currency of the mordern world, and if you lack it you are just existing, you are not even ashamed to say you'v only recently just known who obj is, if you are a nigerian, you should be de - nigerianalized, that is just so awful, and you are proud to say it , blahh, blahh, and if you are not NIgerian, well what do i have to say, it is better imagined.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Mustay(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2007
Them no get time 4 all the arguments. I think they prefer gossips and d likes.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by lalaboi(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2007
jus few of dem are interested! and many out of d few end up being failures!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2007
McKren:

@Ghettochyk

Condolezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi
What do you make of them
j-girl:

it's even true. Just because someone is not technologically oriented doesn't mean that the person is not intelligent and just because one doesn't care about politics doesn't mean that the person is not intelligent either. It just means that they have different orientations.

if you care less about technology and politics , what else could you possibly care more about, perharps, fashion, cookery , pleeeeeese spare me that crap, i'v e gone through many other girly post and what i've drawn from them is that most girls dont even like hanging out with their girl fellows, giving the cliched response that girls dont talk about serious things, so tell me, what could be more serious and intellectually challenging as technology and politics, HELLO ! are you even living how can you possibly care less about technology in this era , i'm afraid for you, the PC you are using  -Technology, the Internet - Technology,  your cellphone (if you have one) - Technology - your Tv - technology, the list is endless, if you care so less about technology perharps you might not even know the meaning of "PC" shocked
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by LadyT(f): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2007
You will find many of my posts in the political section. But there are too many dumb guys on here who will tell you to go back to the romance section! angry

Its hilarious some of you guys believe you are superior because you discuss politics I hope you are proud that it is your sex that has run Nigeria into the gutter where it currently resides.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2007
LadyT:

You will find many of my posts in the political section. But there are too many dumb guys on here who will tell you to go back to the romance section! angry

Its hilarious some of you guys believe you are superior because you discuss politics I hope you are proud that it is your sex that has run Nigeria into the gutter where it currently resides.

that is so deep
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2007
ghettochyk:

most politicians are men, and most seem to be assholes too see:
Bush---duhhhhhhhh
donald rumsfeld----another "duhhhhh" that never knew his job
some of them ex-pres. in nigeria, i don't know there names but i heard they were terrible leaders, from what i've heard, it don't sound like there too intelligent to me
the list could go on if i knew the names of those "intelligent" men.

this thread is sexist and an insult to females. now the poster's concluded that J-girls thread was empty because her topics were more than likely "too simple" and "out of point". i guess this thread must be intellectual, it is in the politics section.hmmm
funny enough, there don't seem to be too many posts by you in the politics and technology intellectual threads.
***leaving thread to go prove intelligence in the political threads.c'mon ladies, lets go we might start looking dumber*** *rolleyes**

if you talk about politics, you just have to task your self intellectually, if you had any opportunity of watching any of those presidential debates in AMERICA, you would be suprised at how intellectually centered their responses to several questions were, even though they turn out to be different from what they proffessed, you can not but give kudos to how collected and informed they were when answering several thought provoking questions, politics is not equated to intelligence but it has a bearing to it, even though you claim bush is an asshole, he's obviously an intelligent one, how about rice, her job description is definitately not for myopic minded conformist
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2007
At least the men are doing something. What are you ladies doing? Hiding behind men and polishing your nails!

Behind every corrupt politician, there is a more corrupt and apathetic, greedy and shallow-minded woman!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by lalaboi(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2007
what?

gals are mor interested in romance its tru! why i she angry bout it! its a fact! d ratio of gals to boys in romance section is  3:1

ask urself dis question! can a woman av don a better job if she was in d position of d gender dat "run nigeria into d gutter it is"
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2007
@ 1one

i see you like looking for trouble where there is none,

If you get cold enough yourself, you'll see that i never said i was proud not to know who Obj was, but that does not make me in anyway less "intellectually challenged" than the person next door

what i did was to state the fact that i've never or will i ever be interested in politics and stuff, and if that's who i am, and its a pity you just have to accept me for me. How dare you tell me whether to be proud or not? don't even try angry

just like in the profession world, some are doctors and some are lawyers, some are not that "academically inclined", they're more "business inclined", hence they become business men.

If among many, some women decide not to be politically active, then isn't that just what life is all about.

Everybody cannot be at the same place at the same time , can we??
If you could tell my fellow girl that she was being ignored for making "out of point" comments, then why on earth would i ever want to learn from a group of people who instead of teaching me the facts(afterall nobody knows it all) they ignore me, and make me feel less important for not being as "politically active" as them

Here's a question for all you i-know-it-all-guys

Don't you think that the lack of partcipation from the females, might be from the fact that those who are willing to try are not given the chance??

most of these guys here don't even know the taxi to our "politics section" on this forum and yet they point an accusing finger to the females

puh-leeaaase, spare me angry angry

i am a proud nigerian and no one, not even you dearie can stop me. BTW politics is not all there is to a country wink , or is it??
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2007
ghettochyk:

now i'm starting to question his own integelligence for considering technology and political talk as "intelllectually challenging". undecided

sorry,  fashion and entertainment are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy intellectually centered and challenging abi ?, that's why pat utomi is a fashion designer think of better things to say, puweeese
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
I take a different view

Girls are less interested in politics not because they are any less intelligent but I think its because politics comes with intrigues, strategies, maneuvering and manipulation and these are characteristics girls generally are not into. They tend to follow their hearts and attach emotions in most of what they do and thats basically the difference.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2007
Mustay:

Them no get time 4 all the arguments. I think they prefer gossips and d likes.

WORD !
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by LadyT(f): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2007
Seun you just lost a hell of a lot of cool points for this stupid post.

Seun:

At least the men are doing something. What are you ladies doing? Hiding behind men and polishing your nails!

Behind every corrupt politician, there is a more corrupt and apathetic, greedy and shallow-minded woman!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Challenge Buhari Victory In Court / Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) / Ten African Leaders That Died In Bloody Coup (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.