Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? (6206 Views)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 11:49am On Mar 27, 2007
Razorr:

Bla bla bla. . .

Like I said before, you guys should encourage women to participate in political discussions more. Respect the ones who do and don't make silly comments at women's post. We should be one big happy family after that.

I dont think the guys are being disrespectful, its just that sometimes its so sweet winding the sisters up. grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 11:50am On Mar 27, 2007
McKren:

ok lets get serious

girlz what I simply expect you to argue is the fact that interests do actually vary and that is why every individual is unique in the first place.
If awareness of politics is synonmous to being inteligent then people who go on IQ test or quiz competitions will not be required to choose area of interest. Questions about politics will simply be put to them.
I know guys who don't do politics and I don't think they are dumb, interests do differ. For some it is outright sports, others Food and cookery, some computers, or entertainment etc.

I said something very similar to that earlier. I am tired of talking on politics and everyone ignoring it.
It has gotten to the point where I just read what I see and talk to the men around me about it.
Besides, I think enough (NOT ALL) guys who talk in politics do so under the influence of drugs because they just say the dumbest things.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2007
McKren:

I don't think the guys are being disrespectful, its just that sometimes its so sweet winding the sisters up. grin grin grin grin

See how she took offence to the IQ scores grin I have seen someone on the politics section tell another that he deserves to be dead,they haven't seen nothing yet  grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2007
That was how Kellofish talked about "moving Nigeria forward", when I advised her not to move it over to Cameroun she took offence. I know am in her bad books now and hope to appologise somehow, someday.
But the truth is, that is what a forum like this is about, the argument, fun, wind ups etc grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2007
My favorite politician in the UK is Margaret Thatcher,I joined the Conservative party because of her so I have no problems with females participating in politics.

The question is not whether women should participate but why they don't.

That some of the comments are offensive should not dissuade women .The great women in society did not wither in the face of aggression,they stood up to it and prospered.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 12:10pm On Mar 27, 2007
Who says men are dominating women? shocked Young man, no man has ever dominated me since I stepped on this planet. It would never happen. Just ask those who know me.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by mukina2: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
Girls and women are more than interested in politics
the problem with Africans  is that .they think most Jobs are mailny for guys thats why we are backward angry
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2007
grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by BlackMamba(m): 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2007
I don't think Naija babes has a glaring disinterest in politics compared to the world average. The "land of the free" is still trying so hard to sell us their first woman president. Naija babes are just towing the line of the rest of women around the world in terms of politics. As they become socially and economically empowered, then they can influence more decisions in society.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2007
Please tell them sir! Empowerment is the key word here not yabbis! grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2007
Why must women sit down waiting for "empowerment" from men? Why can't they just rise and grab that "power"?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, I will rise now and grab your. . . lipsrsealed grin

Society needs to encourage us to be active in things like this. Don't forget that most women are still dominated by men! angry
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2007
Society needs to encourage us to be active in things like this.
Women make up 50% of "society". Why not work on that 50% first before shifting the blame to men?

Don't forget that most women are still dominated by men!
Whose fault? If women close their legs and refuse to submit to this "domination" they will not be dominated.
You can't eat your cake and have it: you can't expect a tyrant to back down without a prolonged fight!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Mustay(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2007
ok show's over. Am sure you guys all attended d girl power concert last weekend right? this will get messy.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2007
Thats not true. People have different interests in different things. Some girls are interested and some are not just like a lot of guys i know who are not interested in politics or sports for that matter. I feel its an issue of interest not gender. A m a girland am completely into politics.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2007
@ Seun No probs my dear. We are ready to close our legs and tell you guys to go f*ck yourselves. grin We are ready to forcefully empower ourselves.
I am doing it in my own little ways. So are countless other women! grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2007
I have a lot of respect for ladies who refuse to be confined to the home and the kitchen. Cheers! wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Sijien(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2007
texazzpete:

what are the women doing? Plenty! it's just that they get distracted what with the wave of romance centred stickies on the nairaland front page!
Besides, many gals are frequent contributors on the sports and technology sections.
also, i believe the 'politics' section is overrated, it's become an avenue for people to argue and rant about issues, for people to show off their 'stratospheric' IQs. IMHO, 70% of the posts in the politics section aren't what i'd call intelligent!
well said. r u d texazzpete dat chxta is lways yarning about on his blog?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2007
Nice post
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2007
[size=26pt]SEUN!!!!!![/size]

IS THERE ANY REASON WHY YOU DELETED 5 OF MY POSTS HERE?!!  angry
I DESERVE AND DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!!!!   angry  while you're answering, i'm just curious to know why you think i'm strange.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by OmoEko1(f): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2007

See how she took offence to the IQ scores I have seen someone on the politics section tell another that he deserves to be dead,they haven't seen nothing yet
4PLAY weting i do u angry angry angry angry and i wasn't wishing death on that guy.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 4Play(m): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2007
Omo Eko:

4PLAY weting i do u angry angry angry angry and i wasn't wishing death on that guy.
You think am talking about Yar'Adua? cheesy I was talking about a male NairaLander saying another Nairalander was better off dead.

Stay off the weed grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2007
4Play! shocked shocked shocked What are you doing here? shocked shocked Didn't my fetish incantations last night work? shocked shocked I guess I still have some work to do! grin grin
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by abbefemi: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2007
Kitchen politics is the most serious form of polititics. Who in this world could persuade Baba Awo to change his mind?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2007
LOL.Criosly we shld have a female president in Nigeria.Liberia jst opened d way.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by doubletree(f): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2007
I look at the politics forum, someone makes a comment and by the 3rd 4th response the forum has degenerated to name calling etc and you can see the different camps championing their heroes(obj,babangida,etc)

always seems to be the same arguement.gets too boring.it's like being in a beer parlour with men trying to sound like they know what they are talking about.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 8:47am On Mar 29, 2007
Okonji Iweala or Oby Ezekwelisi shld open d way oh.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 11:48am On Mar 29, 2007
Okonji Iweala shouldn't worry. I am blazing the trail! wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 3:43am On Apr 01, 2007
Really?What party?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by bobezey(m): 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2007
No way ! you got to be kidding. Actually most of our girls and or ladies are closet politicians. And guess what, they know more politicians than
the guys. Think about it. Our women grace every national political function, they attend every political rally and at the end of the day, come back home and do what they have to do to keep our politicians happy in the bedrooms. What ?

They are like king makers lurking in the background and calling the shots. Are you kidding !

So folks speak for yourselves. lol.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by BigB11(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2007
I don't know what it is, but Ms Razorr amazes me.
I think she has what it takes and 3 times a lady.

My point: Not all the girls are the same and it is unfair to put all of them in the same box.

Razorr is a different type; she's cool, intelligent and can take it to the next level at any time.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2007
Razorr sure ur head is swelling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend / Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Forcing Suspects To Drink Urine.. / No Money To Pay Pensions, Gratuities – Enugu Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.