Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! (5456 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election / Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Ibime(m): 1:23am On Jun 12, 2010
http://www.kickoff.com/news/16036/nff-sympathises-with-62-senators.php

[size=14pt]NFF sympathises with 62 Senators[/size]

NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi said on Friday that the Football Federation was grateful to God for sparing the lives of 62 Senators of the Federal Republic who were involved in a near mishap in Lagos on Thursday.

The lawmakers, according to reports, had chartered an aircraft from France for the flight to South Africa to support President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan at Friday’s opening ceremony in Johannesburg, to which the Nigeria leader was invited by President Jacob Zuma.

However, their aircraft developed landing gear fault just after take-off at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, and the pilot had to return quickly to base to avert disaster.

“We have the Almighty God to thank for this. What would we have been saying? God is great and it is important that we always give Him thanks anytime things like this happen,” said Lulu Abdullahi.

The Senators eventually arrived and joined a strong Nigeria reception team for President Jonathan who arrived in Johannesburg at about 6.30 pm South African time on Thursday morning.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Ibime(m): 1:24am On Jun 12, 2010
Are these fools going to South Africa to draft bills? Is senate on recess? How can 62 out of 108 senators leave at the same time to go and jolly with Goodluck Jonathan in South Africa?
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Beaf: 1:55am On Jun 12, 2010
Ibime:

Are these fools going to South Africa to draft bills? Is senate on recess? How can 62 out of 108 senators leave at the same time to go and jolly with Goodluck Jonathan in South Africa?

Na! They ain't there for you, me or Jonathan. . . SA babes have been welcoming teams by displaying the lovely pointies God blessed them with.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-460933.0.html grin
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by hatch: 2:14am On Jun 12, 2010
What a mishap,so the plane didn't crash!
We would have been atleast 62 thieves less by now.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 12, 2010
Yet millions are hungry&62 people are going to wasting millions of naira
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 12, 2010
ROTFLMAO!!!

@ The title! grin grin grin
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 12, 2010
I'm not suprised. Afterall, this is Naija.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 12, 2010

“We have the Almighty God to thank for this. What would we have been saying? God is great and it is important that we always give Him thanks anytime things like this happen,” said Lulu Abdullahi.
grin grin grin
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Osama10(m): 5:36am On Jun 12, 2010
Hopeless, Senseless, Useless senators.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Jeboy(m): 6:24am On Jun 12, 2010
Why u guys they beef like this? If u were a Senator or or relative and u were asked to join d parley wont u gladly do or are u saying their pakage as senators cannot take them to SA. Lets hammer them when they fail in their fundamental duties to the nation and not raining curses/blames because they went to SA. Are u aware Maradona invited d daughter and grandchild to join him in d mundial? Am sure if he were Nigerian coach U ll complain. If I have my money I would have loved to be there and so is the case with most of us. Consider the fact that they went to join d Nigerian delegation even shows some sense of patriotism as many other Nationals to their country teams or else they could have chosen to be in dubai or the bahamas doing shopping sprey. Be happy with with people when they progress by so doing u attract same to yourself.Please lets try and stop unneccesary hating and ill conceived criticism because u too can become a Senator tommorrow and maybe subject to the things u did to others,my piece.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 12, 2010
Jeboy:

Why u guys they beef like this? If u were a Senator or or relative and u were asked to join d parley wont u gladly do or are u saying their pakage as senators cannot take them to SA. Lets hammer them when they fail in their fundamental duties to the nation and not raining curses/blames because they went to SA. Are u aware Maradona invited d daughter and grandchild to join him in d mundial? Am sure if he were Nigerian coach U ll complain. If I have my money I would have loved to be there and so is the case with most of us. Consider the fact that they went to join d Nigerian delegation even shows some sense of patriotism as many other Nationals to their country teams or else they could have chosen to be in dubai or the bahamas doing shopping sprey. Be happy with with people when they progress by so doing u attract same to yourself.Please lets try and stop unneccesary hating and ill conceived criticism because u too can become a Senator tommorrow and maybe subject to the things u did to others,my piece.

True talk my brother. I agree with you. Hypocrisy is a 'virtue' in Nigeria.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Ibime(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2010
Jeboy:

Sharrap dia!!!!

Name a single country whose lawmakers decamp en masse to go enjoy festivities abroad.

Goodluck Jonathan was invited to South Africa, not the whole Nigerian Senate.

Since when did Senators become diplomats?

The kind of illiteracy you have displayed on here is exactly the problem with Naija. I hope you are not the new breed of Naija graduate with this your cunny cunny way of thinking.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by AjanleKoko: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2010
Jeboy:

What a totally stupid remark.
Are you aware that these monkeys are riding on our ticket, using our taxpayers money to joloff?
Beef? On top my taxpayers money?

Ibime:

The kind of illiteracy you have displayed on here is exactly the problem with Naija. I hope you are not the new breed of Naija graduate with this your cunny cunny way of thinking.

Dude is an absolute slowpoke.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by vigasimple(m): 9:10am On Jun 12, 2010
Osama10:

Hopeless, Senseless, Useless senators.

we need more adjectives to qualify those morons legislathieves. Even Jonathan has more important job to do in Nigeria rather than going to some football ceremony.

According to lagbaja , i am sorry for this country.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by safeact(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2010
God does not want d death of a sinner bt his repentance, i just hop they learn 4rm dis! Atleast vanity upon vanity all is vanity. THERE IS ALWAYS A GUDGEMENT DAY FOR EVERY ONE. Möney cannot buy them eternal life bt their good and godly legislation.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by jamace(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2010
They are chasing G-M-G bags, to collect their own share of the world cup largess. Selfishness is a diseases.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by ikengak: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2010
It is madness indeed, I do hope it is only nigerians that displayed such a huge dose of folly. We honestly in africa cannot afford towitness a proliferation of the aforementioned character which has significant magnitude over herre.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Cohomology: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2010
The average IQ of Nigeria's senators is 62.

Bunch of useless retards that occupy positions only because of the incomprehensible stupidity that has seized the average Nigerian.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Sagamite(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
God has failed in not making that plane crash!
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by ikengak: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
Mr sagamite, I honestly hope u don't mean what u jst said.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Ikomi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Topic

If the report is true, then Nigeria is truly a sick nation. Where would she start to cure this incredible disease.?  undecided
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by ikengak: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sorry what
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2010
ikengak:

Mr sagamite, I honestly hope u don't mean what u jst said.

If they are using taxpayers money, as I suspect, to go on leisure to watch WC despite heavy and generous salaries and allowances, whilst majority of Nigerians live in abject poverty, oppression and daily injustices, then I mean it 10734%.

And I wish I had a more public platform to scream it.

What an insult and affront to the people for thieves that do not do much say 62 of them are supporting President to go and VIEW a WC ceremony and matches.

Heartless, unprincipled, selfish baaaaastards that need to get to hell ASAP!
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by toideve(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
OMG! the pilot should have jumped from the plane and leave the thieving senators to crash land. *sobbing*
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by IbrahimB: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
62 Senators?

Lord! This country is just unbelievable.
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by cystein(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
All this is happening because the citizens seat and watch. You have the elections and by now you must have read  the signs and filled your score cards. In kenya one may never see the senate in life under such. In the first place you wonder why they chatter a french plane while you have local planes that can cover the trip with a stop over in Zambia at hand!!!!Ever asked yourselves why your economy remains poor despite having oil and other natural resources? The success of your country depends on your "Liberal Vote"
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by Acidosis(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
*Speechless*
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by 4tune1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
Hmm, another taxpayers money go down d drain.
Definitely travel allowance will not be less than #10million, infact am over sorry for naija. sad
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by seedord247(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
toideve:

OMG! the pilot should have jumped from the plane and leave the thieving senators to crash land. *sobbing*

90% of Nigerian Wish this should happen.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by PurestBoy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
Bad News, The plane should have crashed,
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by BadExample: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2010
They should have all died. I hope they are listening
Re: Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! by netbizzy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2010
This senators have the right to enjoy. The senate of this dispensation have been responsible, they restored hope for Nigerians by defending democracy.

I think we need to support the first world cup to be played on african soil especially when we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary. I am really happy for the grand support and would love every Nigerian to do the same as Africans and for brotherly sake. one love.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft / Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! / One Spouse Policy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.