Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. (1942 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Pictures Playboys Can Relate To When A Pretty Lady Moves Into Their Neighborhood / 10 Pictures Sex Starved Guys Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Struggles every naturalista can relate to:
1. Scared of going to a salon for fear of rough handling: cry

2. Being seen as stingy for making your hair yourself.
undecided
3. Being seen as a mad woman at home. angry

4. "When will you relax your hair?" Is a question you answer everyday. angry

5. Being confused on the protective style to wear once you loose your hair. embarassed

6. Being confused on what advice to choose out of the many information you see on natural hair groups and YouTube. embarassed

7.hand in hair syndrome: always want to touch your hair and know the length. cheesy

8. Never getting a diy properly like our sisters on YouTube and Instagram, always end up looking like a mad woman. grin

9.please feel free to add yours

Natural hair is bae still. kiss

Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by XhosaNostra(f): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
@ number 1, I stopped going to the salon after a girl I know lost her hair. She now has a Jet Li/Kung Fu looking hair due to hairloss. Apparently they used an infected comb while they were blow-drying her hair. Now I have a salon phobia. Would rather do my hair at home.
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:
@ number 1, I stopped going to the salon after a girl I know lost her hair. She now has a Jet Li/Kung Fu looking hair due to hairloss. Apparently they used an infected comb while they were blow-drying her hair. Now I have a salon phobia. Would rather do my hair at home.
embarassed same here I do my hair by myself.

1 Like

Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by folake4u(f): 12:51am On Jul 14, 2018
I'm all of the above cheesy
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 4:48am On Jul 14, 2018
folake4u:
I'm all of the above cheesy
cheesy
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by folake4u(f): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2018
Babybunny:

Struggles every naturalista can relate to:
1. Scared of going to a salon for fear of rough handling: cry

2. Being seen as stingy for making your hair yourself.
undecided
3. Being seen as a mad woman at home. angry

4. "When will you relax your hair?" Is a question you answer everyday. angry

5. Being confused on the protective style to wear once you loose your hair. embarassed

6. Being confused on what advice to choose out of the many information you see on natural hair groups and YouTube. embarassed

7.hand in hair syndrome: always want to touch your hair and know the length. cheesy

8. Never getting a diy properly like our sisters on YouTube and Instagram, always end up looking like a mad woman. grin

9.please feel free to add yours

Natural hair is bae still. kiss

babe pls do you have an idea on how to convert a relaxed hair to natural one cos I have tried abstaining from relaxing cream and it ain't working without cutting the hair off
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by labake1(f): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Experiencing this. My edges is now bald. I don't know what to do again. My hair breaks almost everyday. I am thinking of cutting it off and start my natural hair journey afresh.

1 Like

Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by XhosaNostra(f): 9:30am On Jul 14, 2018
labake1:

Experiencing this. My edges is now bald. I don't know what to do again. My hair breaks almost everyday. I am thinking of cutting it off and start my natural hair journey afresh.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about that. My friend told me that she was advised to try coconut oil. Have you tried that before? Cutting it off & starting afresh sounds like a good idea though. Good luck.
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
jessca048:
babe pls do you have an idea on how to convert a relaxed hair to natural one cos I have tried abstaining from relaxing cream and it ain't working without cutting the hair off
there are two options, either you cut your hair and start afresh, or you stop relaxing your hair for a period of time and after then you cut off the relaxed ends.
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
labake1:

don't cut it off.
Start by applying castor oil on it, and always massaging it,.
2. Avoid tight hair, don't pack your hair in buns too.
3. Stay off from Ghana braids.
4. Stay off gel.
5.be patient it'll grow.

But if its very bad then you can cut it sha.
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by labake1(f): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Babybunny:
don't cut it off.
Start by applying castor oil on it, and always massaging it,.
2. Avoid tight hair, don't pack your hair in buns too.
3. Stay off from Ghana braids.
4. Stay off gel.
5.be patient it'll grow.

But if its very bad then you can cut it sha.

Okay thanks
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by labake1(f): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about that. My friend told me that she was advised to try coconut oil. Have you tried that before? Cutting it off & starting afresh sounds like a good idea though. Good luck.

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
labake1:

Okay thanks
you're welcome
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by mikejj(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
grin angry see all of them up there..so ya all don't go too saloon.. yet you collect money for hair from ya boo.just suffering the youngman
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by MystiqueReine(f): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
developing biceps due to a lot of time spent braiding your strong kinky hair yourself
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by folake4u(f): 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
labake1:

Don't cut the hair, apply onion oil to your edges or Neem oil and watch it grow. Trust me, it works smiley.

When it works for you, I will send my account number for you to do the needfulgrin .
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
mikejj:
grin angry see all of them up there..so ya all don't go too saloon.. yet you collect money for hair from ya boo.just suffering the youngman
its not every girl that depends on her boyfriend for her upkeep.
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by Babybunny(f): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
MystiqueReine:
developing biceps due to a lot of time spent braiding your strong kinky hair yourself
Lol! So true
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by labake1(f): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
folake4u:

Don't cut the hair, apply onion oil to your edges or Neem oil and watch it grow. Trust me, it works smiley.

When it works for you, I will send my account number for you to do the needfulgrin .

Onion oil? Do they sell it or I will make it myself?

Don't worry I will do the needful grin
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by folake4u(f): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
labake1:

Onion oil? Do they sell it or I will make it myself?

Don't worry I will do the needful grin

They sell, you can make your own as DIY homemade.

Whatever works for you sha. Just remember that onion has a strong smell but if you don't mind the smell and use the oil, trust me, your edges will grow.
Neem oil is BAE too. I make it myself, I use and sell too and it makes hair grow faster than lightnening!

Of coursegrin wink
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by mikejj(m): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
Babybunny:
its not every girl that depends on her boyfriend for her upkeep.
...intresting,but only few
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by labake1(f): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
folake4u:

They sell, you can make your own as DIY homemade.

Whatever works for you sha. Just remember that onion has a strong smell but if you don't mind the smell and use the oil, trust me, your edges will grow.
Neem oil is BAE too. I make it myself, I use and sell too and it makes hair grow faster than lightnening!

Of coursegrin wink

Okay thanks I will check on it
Re: Struggles Only Naturalistas Can Relate To. by folake4u(f): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2018
labake1:

Okay thanks I will check on it

You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Relating With People / Chioma was a vargin / Is It Possible For A Girl You Always Fight With Eventually Fall In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.