Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi (2397 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President / Uduaghan Congratulates Fayemi Amidst Defection Rumour / President Buhari Congratulates Fayemi On Winning Ekiti Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Antipob777(f): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2018
Governor Ayodele Fayose Sunday accepted the results of the Saturdays Governorship elect in which Mr John Kayode Fayemi of the All progressive Congress was declared winner

“Yesterday, Ekiti State decided. Following the gubernatorial elections held in the land of honour, Ekiti State, Nigeria, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has officially returned the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) as the winner of the election.

If indeed this is the will of the Ekiti People, I stand in deference to your will. If the result of the elections is an expression of the voice of our people, we must all heed your voice.

I have just spoken with my brother, Mr. John Kayode Fayemi congratulating him on his victory. In a few hours from now, I would be meeting the Governor-elect to discuss the future of our dear state and how we would work together to institute a smooth transition programme.

It has been a hard fought election. As expected, in the course of the campaigns, there were unsavory episodes as the candidates toured the nooks and crannies of the state to sell ourselves to the people. Elections tend to be highly divisive affairs that often see brother rising against brother. Despite our diverse party affiliations, and regardless of which way we voted on Saturday, we must remember that we are all sons and daughters of Ekiti State. Ekiti is ours to build together.

On our part, over the course of the campaigns, we presented our scorecards before the people of Ekiti State. We never at any point took your support for granted. We campaigned, we canvassed and we traversed the nooks and crannies of this State. Our performance and achievements in office will remain the backdrop against which the next government and indeed future governments will be assessed. We are proud that with the support of Ekiti people, we have raised the bar of excellence in governance. In all, we gave our best, for conscience and for posterity.

Indeed a new sociology of the Ekiti people may have evolved. However, the task of understanding how the outcome of this election has defined us as a people will be that of scholars. For us as an administration and a cadre of political leaders in Ekiti State, we have fought a good fight, we have kept faith.

To members of our party, our campaign team and indeed all Ekiti people who defied the siege on our state to cast their votes for our party, I salute your exemplary courage and doggedness in the face of harassment. Thank you for staying the course. The incidences of brazen harassment, intimidation and allied infractions on fundamental human rights, which many of you suffered in the hands of agents of the state, would be documented and communicated to the appropriate authorities, for the records.

To those I might have offended in one way or the other during the course of our campaign, I hereby tender my unreserved apology as all were mere campaign strategies.

I thank you all for listening.

May God bless the land of honour, Ekiti State, Nigeria.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Gov. Peter Ayodele Fayose
Executive Governor
Ekiti State

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2018
Fayose has finally joined the infamous list of those destroyed by ipob pigs.

See List.

Goodluck Jonathan.

Jimi Agbaje.

Oliseh Metuh.

Nnamdi Cownu.

Shehu Sani.

Dino Melaye.

Enyinnaya Abaribe.

Mimiko.

Pastor Inyamu of Edo PDP.

And finally waiting to welcome Nyesom Wike next year.

Lesson: Avoid these useless set of empty chest cheating pigs from the east like plague, if you really want to be successful in life..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Sirjamo: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Good, he's just reciprocating what fayemi did in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by cosby02(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by yarimo(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Water Don pass garri

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2018
Reality is now downinin on fayose.
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2018
wink
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by QuotaSystem: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2018
Frankly, it would have been a shame if all Ekiti could throw up a was the dummy puppet of a failed ponmo-cutting tout undecided

This is further proof that LIKES and Online POLLS do not translate to VOTES cool, your herdsmen scaremongering is DEAD ON ARRIVAL because it is an evil that has always existed and will continue to be fought by the FG despite the opposition PDP & IPOB's joy in milking the killings and promoting dangerous propaganda for petty political advantage.

Sai Fayemi, Sai Jagaban, Sai Baba till '23... cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by luvmijeje(f): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2018
So sweet. PDP supporters should follow their leader and stop their bad belleism. There is still more elections. And APC supporters should be gracious in winning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by midolian(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin grin

Loser!

I just watched his interview with Seun on channels TV where he boasted like a clown which he is. The funniest part of the interview is the part where he was asked what he has done for Ekiti people to deserve their vote, .. he said "I just fried garri with market women, APC should try same" to test popularity.

Lunatic! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2018
To those I might have offended in one way or the other during the course of our campaign, I hereby tender my unreserved apology as all were mere campaign strategies.
Okay but go and remove that thing on all neck, it is all over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Baawaa(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2018
I have just spoken with my brother, Mr. John Kayode Fayemi congratulating him on his victory. In a few hours from now, I would be meeting the Governor-elect to discuss the future of our dear state and how we would work together to institute a smooth transition programme.

Fayose confirmed guy man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
While some mumus are jumping up and down, Fayose is the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by destinychildolu(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2018
That is a big lie. That was 2014 fayemi speech when he accepted defeat.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2018
Baawaa:

Fayose confirmed guy man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
While some mumus are jumping up and down, Fayose is the man

Has he spoken to his brothers across the Niger before accepting defeat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by iluvdonjazzy: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Fayemi right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by destinychildolu(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Antipob777:
Governor Ayodele Fayose Sunday accepted the results of the Saturdays Governorship elect in which Mr John Kayode Fayemi of the All progressive Congress was declared winner

“Yesterday, Ekiti State decided. Following the gubernatorial elections held in the land of honour, Ekiti State, Nigeria, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has officially returned the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) as the winner of the election.

If indeed this is the will of the Ekiti People, I stand in deference to your will. If the result of the elections is an expression of the voice of our people, we must all heed your voice.

It has been a hard fought election. As expected, in the course of the campaigns, there were unsavory episodes as the candidates toured the nooks and crannies of the state to sell ourselves to the people. Elections tend to be highly divisive affairs that often see brother rising against brother. Despite our diverse party affiliations, and regardless of which way we voted on Saturday, we must remember that we are all sons and daughters of Ekiti State. Ekiti is ours to build together.

On our part, over the course of the campaigns, we presented our scorecards before the people of Ekiti State. We never at any point took your support for granted. We campaigned, we canvassed and we traversed the nooks and crannies of this State. Our performance and achievements in office will remain the backdrop against which the next government and indeed future governments will be assessed. We are proud that with the support of Ekiti people, we have raised the bar of excellence in governance. In all, we gave our best, for conscience and for posterity.

Indeed a new sociology of the Ekiti people may have evolved. However, the task of understanding how the outcome of this election has defined us as a people will be that of scholars. For us as an administration and a cadre of political leaders in Ekiti State, we have fought a good fight, we have kept faith.

To members of our party, our campaign team and indeed all Ekiti people who defied the siege on our state to cast their votes for our party, I salute your exemplary courage and doggedness in the face of harassment. Thank you for staying the course. The incidences of brazen harassment, intimidation and allied infractions on fundamental human rights, which many of you suffered in the hands of agents of the state, would be documented and communicated to the appropriate authorities, for the records.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Gov. Peter Ayodele Fayose
Executive Governor
Ekiti State

Ekiti Gubernatorial Election: Governor Fayemi Concedes Defeat
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUN 22, 2014

Governor Kayode Fayemi has conceded defeat in Saturday’s gubernatorial election in Ekiti State and offered congratulations to the winner, Ayo Fayose.

The candidate of the the All Progressive Congress (APC) released a statement outlining the reasons he will accept the verdict of voters in Ekiti state.

See full text of statement below:
"If This Is the Will of the People" Concession Speech By His Excellency Dr. Kayode FAYEMIGovernor, Ekiti State, Nigeria Following the 2014 Gubernatorial Elections Government House, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria Sunday, June 22, 2014

Protocols : In o kun o Ekiti kete.

Yesterday, Ekiti State decided. Following the gubernatorial elections held in the land of honour, Ekiti State, Nigeria, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has officially returned the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) as the winner of the election.

I have just spoken with my brother, Mr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, congratulating him on his victory. In a few hours from now, I would be meeting the Governor-elect to discuss the future of our dear state and how we would work together to institute a smooth transition programme.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Dr. Kayode Fayemi
Governor, Ekiti State
Sunday, June 22, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by bender79: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2018
2014 speech made by fayemi!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by iluvdonjazzy: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Fayose has finally joined the infamous list of those destroyed by ipob pigs.

See List.

Goodluck Jonathan.

Jimi Agbaje.

Oliseh Metuh.

Nnamdi Cownu.

Shehu Sani.

Dino Melaye.

Enyinnaya Abaribe.

Mimiko.

Pastor Inyamu of Edo PDP.

And finally waiting to welcome Nyesom Wike next year.

Lesson: Avoid these useless set of empty chest cheating pigs from the east like plague, if you really want to be successful in life..

Ngenekwenu wea you dey since, I don look for you tire, at last we win
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by LordIsaac(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2018
I only pity people who die for these people. Marx class structure of society cannot be more true. They only have their interests to protect !
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2018
Fayemi we want Buhari we DONT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgyFv6N93c
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by iluvdonjazzy: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2018
Fayose right now, so na so life be
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by HelpMeJesus(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2018
If truly Fayose accepted defeat so easily, it there means he failed Ekiti people otherwise I would have expected he approach the court to challenge the charades that took place in Ekiti yesterday.

Nigeria is in trouble
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by mamapidgin: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2018
lie
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by badjack(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2018
We tend to miss it. This guy failed because he was after third tenure period. He was just pushing his deputy for ceremonial purposes.
Thank God he failed. Ekiti people are aware of this.
Re: Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi by Mynd44: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2018
Fake News

8. Don't post false information on nairaland

1 Like

(1)

. / State By State Breakdown Of The Collection Rate Of The PVC / FG To Shut Down, Downgrade Enugu International Airport to local airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.