Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? (4346 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu won us two bronze medals in the nations cup despite the horrible working conditions he was subjected to, a bunch of average players and the worst FA in the world. No foreign coach could survive under these conditions. Berth Vogts gave us our worst nations cup outing since '82. Nigeria also achieved a ranking of 15 in the world under Amodu. Plus, we defeated France at home
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by deb(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2010
Quoting Etuhu after playing Argentina:

"For the first time in a long time, you could see that we had some sort of coaching."

my source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2010/june/14/sports-14-06-2010-004.htm

Another player just justified what Osaze said about Amodu being inept.
With the level of football Eagles are involved in their various clubs, they could tell whom a real coach is from a gambler
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

Amodu won us two bronze medals despite the horrible working conditions he was subjected to, a bunch of average players and the worst FA in the world. No foreign coach could survive under these conditions. Berth Vogts gave us our worst nations cup outing since '82. Nigeria also achieved a ranking of 15 in the world under Amodu

And under the same Amodu, Nigeria went as low as 27th in the world at a time.
Westerhof attained 5TH in the world. . . .
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu won us two bronze medals in the nations cup despite the horrible working conditions he was subjected to, a bunch of average players and the worst FA in the world. No foreign coach could survive under these conditions. Berth Vogts gave us our worst nations cup outing since '82. Nigeria also achieved a ranking of 15 in the world under Amodu. Plus, we defeated France at home

Amodu won Bronze despite having Okocha, kanu, Ikpeba, Oliseh, Aghahowa, ike Shorounmu, Yobo, Finidi in the team? He deserves tyo be shot

Did you watch Mali 2002? That was one of the worst Super Eagles performance at par with vs Zambia coincidentally both coached by Amodu
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
The same Westerhof that was given 5 years to build a team.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2010
First attempt of Westerhof he played the Nations cup final

What is Amodus best result in competitive games
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

Amodu's reign as a National team manager overall go don pass 5 years.
He is a monumental FAILURE. . . . .
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by deb(m): 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu's juju is really working on some Nigerians for them to think that he is something.
Siasia deserves more respect for me going by the short time he's had with our national teams and his performances
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu was not given a stretch of 5 years to work. There was no continuity. The Senegaleese team we lost to in Mali 02 defeated world champions France and made it to the WC quarter finals and we lost after extra time no thanks to an Ike Shorunmu howler. We even got a penalty that would have made us level up. That Senegal team were clearly the best in Africa during that time. Amodu wouldnt have lost to an Argentinian team that were average and even advertised their vulnerability but our dolt of a coach couldnt take advantage
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

Amodu was not given a stretch of 5 years to work. There was no continuity. The Senegaleese team we lost to in Mali 02 defeated world champions France and made it to the WC quarter finals and we lost after extra time no thanks to an Ike Shorunmu howler. We even got a penalty that would have made us level up. That Senegal team were clearly the best in Africa during that time. Amodu wouldnt have lost to an Argentinian team that were average and even advertised their vulnerability but our dolt of a coach couldnt take advantage

When have we ever beaten Argentina at the senior level?
Even Westerhof(with our best team) lost to Argentina in 94. . . . .
Argentina might look vulnerable but they have the best player in the world playing for them supported by Tevez, Milito and Higuain.

The Senegalese team we lost to in Mali 02 wasn't different to the one we thrashed in 2000.
Amodu made Senegal look good when his 11 players couldn't beat their 10 players.
It's a testament to Amodu's idiocy that Senegalese defeated us despite playing with a man down for almost one hour.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by deb(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

I now understand that you are related to Amodu but how much did he pay you for the PR?
He's the worst coach on planet earth and you cannot change that opinion of him from us.
Since his sack no country has made an attempt to hire him not even Tanzania? He was only good enough for azzholes in the Nigerian FA
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
That same Senegal side defeated France that had Henry, Trezeguet, Cisse and we only lost to them through Shorunmu's howler. The Senegal team we played in the 2000 nations cup didnt have Diouf and Metsu wasnt even the coach. Besides, the Senegal team of 2000 lost to us a.e.t. we struggled to beat them. We have never beaten Argentina? That was why we hired a foreign coach. To beat the likes of Argentina and make it to the semis and he has started to fail. We believed that Argentina would beat us with Amodu in charge, that was why we hired Lagerback and he has lost. Of what use is Lagerback if he cant do better than what we believe cant do?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

That same Senegal side defeated France that had Henry, Trezeguet, Cisse and we only lost to them through Shorunmu's howler.

France were a pile of w@nk in that tournament. . . . .They had no Zidane and they were generally tired.
They didn't win a single game in their group and i think they lost 0-2 to Denmark in the group too.
Senegal caught France in their weakest form and they won . . . . .no BIGGIE!!!

The Senegal team we played in the 2000 nations cup didnt have Diouf and Metsu wasnt even the coach.

So it was Diouf n Metsu that turned Senegal into an immovable object.
Conveniently forgetting Nigeria had to sweat to beat em in Lagos in the previous tournament?

We have never beaten Argentina? That was why we hired a foreign coach. To beat the likes of Argentina and make it to the semis and he has started to fail. We believed that Argentina would beat us with Amodu in charge, that was why we hired Lagerback and he has lost. Of what use is Lagerback if he cant do better than what we believe cant do?

Lagerback will beat Greece and South Korea - and ensure our qualification.
Amodu woulda lost all the 3 group games thus ensuring our ELIMINATION.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
I pray we beat Greece and Korea and eventually win the cup. I pray Lagerbacks game plan wont be to tell other players to sleep and resort to Enyeama's heroics.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu made Senegal look good when his 11 players couldn't beat their 10 players.
It's a testament to Amodu's idiocy that Senegalese defeated us despite playing with a man down for almost one hour.

1 hr kini? Senegal had a player dismissed around 34th minute, thats 10mins of fist half, 45 min of second half plus extra time,

Thats over 70mins vs Senegal

Find below some commentary on the game from BBC Nigeria 1 Senegal 2

9 mins: Nigeria seem to be on the defensive. The last four minutes have been in favour of Senegal.

11 mins: Pape Diop volleys a cross to Diouf. Diouf challenges to win the aerial crossing but fouls West. Senegal look much hungrier for the ball though.

13 mins: Henri Camara could not beat West. Nigeria try to wake up but there reaction looks slow.

Nigeria may have the edge at the moment based on the expulsion of Sarr. The numerical situation will be a blow to the Senegalese who were driving this match to their favour. It has been almost balanced, but it is Senegal who looked like the stronger team in the first-half. It means Senegal would have to play with one man short up front and possibly make a change to bring in a midfielder. Nigeria have shown signs that they could stand the Senegalese onslaught get the game their own way. Aghahowa has been tightly marked, but Kanu seems to be working very hard and he only needs to be a bit consistent to add punch to the attack.

71 mins: Senegal are unlucky not to make it 2-0. Camara latches on to a great ball over the top from Diouf and Shorunmu is forced to make a blocking save. At the other end Babangida was late to reach a long cross from midfield.

87 mins: GOAL Nigeria 1-1. Aghahowa saves the day for Nigeria again after a moment of indecision between Diatta and Sylva.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2010
"Usually when I play for my country it's not as organised as it was yesterday (Saturday).

"We didn't go out there to just play we actually had a game plan and we stuck together. For the first time in a long time you could see that we had some sort of coaching."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8737661.stm

Quote from Etuhu
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2010
The Senegal team we lost to in Mali also defeated Sweeden that had Henrik Larsson, Fredric Ljunberg, Marcus Allback and Zlatan Ibrahimovic and was coached by Lars Lagerback.
As for Etuhu, he is actully shameless. He was the worst player on the pitch and he still had the guts to talk. Apparently, the game plan was for him to leave the midfield open and leave everything to Enyeama. empty barrell!
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

The Senegal team we lost to in Mali also defeated Sweeden that had Henrik Larsson, Fredric Ljunberg, Marcus Allback and Zlatan Ibrahimovic and was coached by Lars Lagerback.
As for Etuhu, he is actully shameless. He was the worst player on the pitch and he still had the guts to talk. Apparently, the game plan was for him to leave the midfield open and leave everything to Enyeama. empty barrell!

The same Etuhu that was the heart n soul of the Fulham side that played in the Europa Final?
Etuhu has more credibility than Amodu in the world of football.
West London fans worship Dickson Etuhu.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2010
@medjai, Do you watch this game or just make deductions from scorelines?

Etuhu has definitely seen football at a higher level than Amodu.

Roy Hogson has assesed Etuhu and deemed it that he has a high footballing brain. As for Amodu I cant say.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2010
who dash Etuhu heart and soul of Fulham? what happened to Zamora, Dempsey, Zoltan Gera and Danny Murphy. If an Asian player were in Etuhu's shoes, he would have committed suicide.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

who dash Etuhu heart and soul of Fulham? what happened to Zamora, Dempsey, Zoltan Gera and Danny Murphy. If an Asian player were in Etuhu's shoes, he would have committed suicide.

This statement is as moronic as saying who dash Roy Keane heart n soul of Man U? What happened to Cole, Yorke, Beckham, Giggs and Scholes.
Without Etuhu's discipline in the midfield, Fulham are nothing.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
Etuhu was our worst player against Argentina and he is the one making noise. Yakubu that was decent is quiet, perhaps thinking of how he will improve in our next game. without Etuhu in Fulham there's a Jonathan Greening. Etuhu started just 21 games and made 5 substitute appearances for Fulham in a season where they played close to 50 games in both the EPL and Europa League. So much for an indispensable player
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2010
dayokanu:

This is a shocking statement from a follower of international football. A coach won the Euro cup in 1996 and you are aking how many years?

Guus Hindick last won the Champions League in 1988, The mighty Fabio Capello last won the CL in 1994, Louis Van Gaal last won the Champions league in 1995 This is a tournament thats played every year compared to national team that only play once every two years. When was the last time Arsene Wenger won a European trophy and why is he regarded as a top rated coach.

Nothing concern you about his record with Germany but you are concerned about his records with Scotland.

A coach is good as his last result must mean there is only one goog coach in EPL cos only one team won the league, There is only one good coach in the Bundesliga as well as other leagues too

Now remove 1996 from 2008, then do the math, how many years?
Tell me what else you remember Berti Vogts for.
After that we go continue with Berti Vogts issue okay?

Like i said before, a coach is as good as his last result, since 1996, he has been falling down the ladder and i hope you know where he coaches now after leaving Nigeria? Scotland was his last bus-stop before coming to Nigeria, so using that as a yardstick is as qualified as playing Borjan as an U-23 player.

That is what you get if you don't have any other thing to show to people apart from having a one hit one wonder trophy.

Arsene wenger won 5 years ago, but he has been performing, i mean, he has been staying in the top flight since then, he hasn't failed from going to every UCL, can you compare that to Berti Vogts? infact, how can you compare all these coaches with Berti vogts that can't even find a job with any football club nor football playing Nation?, Betti Vogts as it is now can only coach the likes of Reading/crystal palace e.t.c

Is this UCL the only tournament in the world and must every good coach win it? at least, these coaches you are naming won laurels of recent, compare that to your Berti Vogts, what has that man won since 1996? not even an emirate cup, bro, the more you type, the more i get tired with your logic.

A GOOD COACH SHOULDN'T BE FALLING DOWN THE LADDER AND BERTI VOGTS IS THE WORSE THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO NIGERIAN FOOTBALL.

dayokanu:

You say Berti Vogts record is old school compare that to Amodu whose records shows BCC lions in 1991 and ELkanemi in 1992.

You can do better bro, those are old school achievements, at least these are not the only laurels he has under his belt, as at 2010, he still won a bronze, better than your vogts bro, within 10 years, he has won 3 worldcup tickets, 2 bronzes. (1 WC ticket to beach WC).

HE has been improving and is not downward slopping like your Vogts.

dayokanu:

You mean Phillipe troussiere is black skinned? I never knew I guess we know new things everyday Grin

When i said he was not white "skinned", i meant he was not haunted and sacked for being white, the word "skinned" there meant he was not ill-treated for being white.

dayokanu:

I doubt if you watched Nigeria vs Zambia, Mozambique, Egypt and Ghana U21. No one can be worse than Amodu

Nah i didn't watch, i was playing poker when the matches were going on.
No one can be worse than Amodu, yet he's got all these?

2 FIFA world cup tickets
1 Beach World cup ticket.
AFCON bronze medal at Mali 2002 and Angola 2010.
Nigerian FA Cup titles with BCC Lions of Gboko and El Kanemi Warriors on multiple occasions.
In CAF Club Competitions, Amodu won the African Cup Winners' Cup with BCC Lions of Nigeria in 1990. Under Shaibu Amodu's guidance BCC Lions also finished as Runners Up of the African Cup Winners' Cup in 1991 losing in the final to Power Dynamos of Zambia.

Apart from the Nations cup Vogts won in 1996, what else do you remember him for?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:03am On Jun 15, 2010
HNIC:

I was about answering some of the shocking statements you made, but i see justice has been done to it.
Ask yourself, we've had a legion of Naija coaches,  . . . .
Our finest moments in footie has always been with foreign coaches.

What are the shocking statements i made that you feel are  wrong?

We have had Nigerian coaches likewise foreign coaches, the only coach that really did something for us than Amodu was Phillipe Troussie, Bonfre Jo, And Westerhof and these people were not given the hard treatments Amodu got, and they were also given time to perform.
All these coaches lost a lot of matches too and gave us bad results, didn't they? why is Amodu's own different? is it because he's black or you just HATE him?

The latter was given a whopping uninterrupted 5 years before he made any positive mark on the SE so always put that in mind.

All our local coaches, Amodu remains the best of them all because he has achieved more than any other Nigerian coaches so far with Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2010
tkb417:

lemme help you with simple english

what is the opposite of apprentice?

if you know the answer, respond and tell me how Pep fits into the opposite in the year he won 6 tophies

You do not know what Apprentice mean? check your dictionary and stop acting like you understand English.

If you call Pep an apprentice, then you shouldn't be here talking about football.

if Pep is considered an apprentice to you, then what is Maradona?

What's the difference between Pep and Maradona since you do not know what apprentice stands for.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Amodu has never been good for the national team

Tell me what well Amodu has performed in his history of coaching Nigeria

If you dont know let me enlighten you

In 1995 despite having the most talented pool of footbalers Nigeria has ever had I can only remember winning vs Japan at the Riyadh cup.

In 2002, He lost in the Nations cup semi finals(Not on penalties) despite that the opponents played with 10 men for close to 90 minutes

Now i know your likes, hate has belittle your sense of reasoning, i think i need to stop debating you because someone who could say something like this should be discarded. Did westaholf win all his games as a Nigerian coach? i hope you remembered some of the worse results we got as a Nigeria was under Westaholf? i hope you do, if not, then you're deceiving yourself and i should stop debating you.

deb:

Why hasn't any country considered Amodu to take over their natonal team if he is such a superb coach?
Not even Tanzania?

He cannot join any club or country now because he's still under contract with the NFF, you should know this. he can't sign any external contract until August.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:35am On Jun 15, 2010
~Sauron~:

And under the same Amodu, Nigeria went as low as 27th in the world at a time.
Westerhof attained 5TH in the world. . . .

Go and check where we were under Amodu, we were 15th in the world.

Under another Oyinbo Vogts, he almost took us way back to 87.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 7:39am On Jun 15, 2010
Nigeria lost to Algeria 5-1 under Westerhoff! Nigerians want Amodu to perform like Westerhoff leaving out the fact that Westerhoff was given 5 years to build a team, direct access to the presidency, huge fat salary and was never owed a dime and he enjoyed a huge support from Nigerians. Amodu with the little he was given has tried. If Amodu had everything Westerhoff had he would have won the world cup or at least got us to the semis.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:44am On Jun 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Amodu won Bronze despite having Okocha, kanu, Ikpeba, Oliseh, Aghahowa, ike Shorounmu, Yobo, Finidi in the team? He deserves tyo be shot

Did you watch Mali 2002? That was one of the worst Super Eagles performance at par with vs Zambia coincidentally both coached by Amodu

Didn't the Oyimbos before him have same access to these players too?

Philippe Troussier should be shot too right?
Monday Sinclar  should be shot too right?
And also Bora Milutinović?
How about Thijs Libregts?
Not forgeting Johannes Bonfrere, he left us dry in the sun after almost crashing us out from qualifying for 2002 worldcup and guess what? HE WAS WHITE TOO and till today, he's been celebrated as one of our best because he won us the Olympics.

And then Berti Vogts should be shot and beheaded for giving us the worse Nations cup performance in a decade.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2010
deb:

I now understand that you are related to Amodu but how much did he pay you for the PR?
He's the worst coach on planet earth and you cannot change that opinion of him from us.
Since his sack no country has made an attempt to hire him not even Tanzania? He was only good enough for azzholes in the Nigerian FA

Just because he doesn't think the way you think, he's automatically related to Amodu?

U need prayers. sad

And i hope you already know why Amodu can't seek a job outside the NFF for now? undecided

Next time, learn before typing.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 8:22am On Jun 15, 2010
medjai:

Etuhu was our worst player against Argentina and he is the one making noise. Yakubu that was decent is quiet, perhaps thinking of how he will improve in our next game. without Etuhu in Fulham there's a Jonathan Greening. Etuhu started just 21 games and made 5 substitute appearances for Fulham in a season where they played close to 50 games in both the EPL and Europa League. So much for an indispensable player

Imagine the player talking, the most sluggish 4 you can ever dream of, can't shoot, can't run, sucks when it comes to passing and lacks football sense. rubbish!

I no blame am, na because we no get vision, thats why his likes dey National team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Nigerian Players At Euro 2016 / Federal High Court In Abuja Declares NFF And NFL Illegal / Pool Late News Papers: Bigwin Soccer, Pool Telegraph: Fortunesoccer.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.