Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? (4345 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
if just 2 teams had qualified for 2002 world cup what gave you the impression that Senegal would qualify.

You dont require Einstein to know that picking 2 from 52 is much more difficult than picking 5 from 52.

For you to be one of two qualifiers you must be better than 25 countries compare to picking 5 out of 52 where you need to be better than 10 countries. Thats basic statistics

It has to do with the expertize. Europeans have a better knowledge of the game.

In 2002 China's coach was bora Miltinovic, Japa- Phillipe Troussiere, Korea- Guus Hindick Are these countries African countries too?

In 2006 Iran had Branko Ivanković, Australia -Guus Hindick, Japan- Zico , Korea- manliness Advocaat

Can we say the Asians too suffer from self hate?

The Asians acknowledge that European/South Americans know the game better.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
I dont know how technically savvy Japan, Korea and those other Asian countries local coaches are but in Nigeria our local coaches are good and they would be world beaters if given the chance and necessary support. Besides, Seoul 88 Olympics was more of a youth tournament so that Zambian side beat a kindergaten Italian team
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2010
Seoul 88 Olympics was more of a youth tournament so that Zambian side beat a kindergaten Italian team

Its better you keep quiet if you dont know what to say,

In Seoul 1988, Italy fielded 13 players who were 23 years and above, Sam okwaraji, rashidi yekini SiaSia, henry nwosu who are part of our national team that played the Nations cup in maroc and they played at Seoul

Klinsmann, hassler who played Euro 88 played for germany.

Japan and korea are not technically savvy but Nigeria is? You are sounding more ridiculous by the minute. Do you know Korea has played a world cup Semi finals and no team from the African continent has managed that?

Before you come out to do any football argument, Do some research
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2010
I said i dont know how technically savvy Japan, Korea and other Asian countries local coaches are. My emphasis was on their local coaches. What i was tryin to say is that there may be a need for them to hire foreign coaches unlike Nigeria that I believe have good local coaches that if given the chance and the right support will perform. Seoul '88, ma bad, i wasnt even born then. But you said Italy fielded 13 players that were 23 years old. What matters is who those players are. Zambia with Bwalya and the likes were with their best legs. The squad Italy presented might just be a bunch of average players.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2010
I said i dont know how technically savvy Japan, Korea and other Asian countries local coaches are. My emphasis was on their local coaches. What i was tryin to say is that there may be a need for them to hire foreign coaches unlike Nigeria that I believe have good local coaches that if given the chance and the right support will perform.

Asian coaches are marginally better or at par with African coaches than explain why they also employ Europeans or South Americans.

Seoul '88, ma bad, i wasnt even born then. But you said Italy fielded 13 players that were 23 years old. What matters is who those players are. Zambia with Bwalya and the likes were with their best legs. The squad Italy presented might just be a bunch of average players.

Ok That explains it, We shouldnt be arguing for the sake of it then.

I couldnt watch most of Seoul 88 because it was in the morning Nigeria time school time, I took a transistor radio to school to listen to the commentary but my teacher seized it on the day yugoslavia beat us 3-1.
I was only able to watch the highlight at night and replay on Saturday.

Most teams provided their best players, Nigeria went with Yekini, Nwosu, Okwaraji etc, the same squad that went to the Nations cup, Germany fielded Klinsmann and Hassler
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 12:20am On Jun 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Most teams provided their best players, Nigeria went with Yekini, Nwosu, Okwaraji etc, the same squad that went to the Nations cup, Germany fielded Klinsmann and Hassler

Brazil had Romario, Bebeto and Careca
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2010
Oh ! U guys are arguing with someone that wasnt born when u guys were already defiling all those Empire and Unique club girls ? lmao . . .
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 4:15am On Jun 17, 2010
Dr Kitty,
Gbe enu re sohun. Dont let me expose you that while at Yabatech, your hostel was in empire.

I can remember Seoul 1988 very well those days I was very passionate about Nigerian football, When we lost to USSR in Canada 1987, I cried so much that everyone was consoling me. That was the last time I cried about Nigerian fooball.

I remember that Zambian team was poised to dominate football then if not for the fateful plane crash my favourite then was Chikabala
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by tkb417(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2010
Ok That explains it, We shouldnt be arguing for the sake of it then.

I couldnt watch most of Seoul 88 because it was in the morning Nigeria time school time, I took a transistor radio to school to listen to the commentary but my teacher seized it on the day yugoslavia beat us 3-1.
The 9ja vs Brasil game was played at night o
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2010
Tkb

how come u missed the 'most' part of his post ? . . .stewpid manc ! LOL

DK

who tell u say I go Yabatech ? I was just a year ahead of Omotola Jolade then but in the same class with Uche Odoputa (another actor). . .those days I BE ALTAR BOY !!!
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
ALTAR BOY shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Do you know what happen to Altar boys?

OP, Can you see what attacking Argentina brings? See Korea trailing 4-1, Was that what you wanted from Eagles
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria neither attacked nor defended. Korea played well, they were able to string together some passes and also mounted pressure on the Argentines and they also got a vital goal. They were not entirely hopeless like Nigeria. The difference in the scorelines is solely down to Enyeama
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2010
If we remove Enyeama agaist Argentina we would have lost by 6-0, If we remove the Korean Keeper vs Argentina they would have lost by 13-1
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
The self haters still do not want to accept that they truly hate themselves and that the silly largerbeer is as clueless as a cat trying to figure out why a it has a legs.

Amodu was never our problem and even with these set of players, he never failed to deliver when he was under pressure, he executed all the TASK given to him, yet these set of foolish people still never gave him a change, AZZlickers, i hope Largerbeer is as hairy as a gorilla so you can all go lick his hairy Afin assz. grin grin grin grin.

Amodu, nothing do you, after August when you must have been freed from the bondage called NFF contract, you shall find a job outside Nigeria, make your name well known and then come Bleep us over again. (you shall lead another team to come Bleep us over), i pray a good country in the same qualifying rounds with us for 2014 worldcup comes hiring you so you can prove to this silly and clueless country what they stupidly threw away.

OF WHAT USE HIS A COACH WITH LOSING IMPORTANT MATCHES WHETHER BEAUTIFUL OR UGLY?

why pay a failure $200,000 every month for what you could have gotten for $15,000 with better results?

KARMA, OH KARMA, KARMA IS A bleeping BICTCH, BITE THEM ALL IN THE AZZES grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2010
Nigeria was already out even before the tournament started. From the bad Plane, to bad hotel, to bad weather, to bad coach to bad selection. Silly plonkers.

Germany is playing Serbia with one man down, yet they are terrorizing the Serbian post, you'd think it's the Serbians that are 1 man down.

The pressure has paid off, now Serbia has given a penalty to Germany but they finally lost it.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
honeric01:

The self haters still do not want to accept that they truly hate themselves and that the silly largerbeer [/b]is as clueless as a cat trying to figure out [b]why a it has a legs.

Amodu was never our problem and even with these set of players, he never failed to deliver when he was under pressure, he executed all the TASK given to him, yet these set of foolish people still never gave him a change, AZZlickers, i hope Largerbeer is as hairy as a gorilla so you can all go lick his hairy Afin assz. grin grin grin grin.

Amodu, nothing do you, after August when you must have been freed from the bondage called NFF contract, you shall find a job outside Nigeria, make your name well known and then come bleep us over again. (you shall lead another team to come bleep us over), i pray a good country in the same qualifying rounds with us for 2014 worldcup comes hiring you so you can prove to this silly and clueless country what they stupidly threw away.

OF WHAT USE HIS [/b]A COACH [b]WITH LOSING IMPORTANT MATCHES WHETHER BEAUTIFUL OR UGLY?

why pay a failure $200,000 every month for what you could have gotten for $15,000 with better results?

KARMA, OH KARMA, KARMA IS A bleeping BICTCH, BITE THEM ALL IN THE AZZES grin grin grin grin

who made u a MOD in the 1st place ? are u Becomrich's brother ? undecided

Dude, you need to resign as a MOD . . .

U ARE SO PATHETIC, I ADVISE U TRY POST IN UR NATIVE LANGUAGE shocked grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by otokx(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sport Betting Companies Are Threatening To Sue Me For Revealing This SECRET... / 6 Nigerian Players At Euro 2016 / Federal High Court In Abuja Declares NFF And NFL Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.