Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? (4344 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

your point? we played badly and people have deliberately refused to see that and instead they are saying that they saw an improvement. we cant beat any team the way we played.

The problem i have with these people is that they know the truth but they just don't want to accept, let them keep living in their delusions.

dayokanu:

Tell me how Nigerians tolerated Berti Vogts and Philippe Troussier

I answered that already, stop sounding like a bot, why are you asking same questions again?

HNIC:

I never indicated that it was the handiwork of the coach, but you and your Amodu/Local coaches apologist kept talking about his fine form like he wasn't part of the team.
If my memory serves me well, he's been our number 1 goalie since 2002 and has saved us on countless occassions.
He's also a VITAL memeber of the teamGet some perspective, my guy.
Firstly,a Goalie,most times, is as good as the back four in front of him
That's why Cech is fantastic at the Chelsea,and average when with the national team.
The formation against Egypt was whack,
Players were unfit and there was no commitment to the cause.
This was different from what we saw yesterday.

Yes, he has been no 1 since and we all know that, you can't tell me that if not for what he did, we would have escaped with just 1 goal against us. HE IS VITAL but he was IN HIS OWN WORLD bro, HE WAS NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH THE TEAM that LARGERBACK PREPARED.

You think it was the backline that saved us from not conceding more goals? JESUS!!!, can you please count how many tackles the back 4 had against the Argentine attacks? did you see how many 1 on 1 Messi, Huguain had with Enyeama? where were the defenders when all these happened? the free header Heinze had against us, was it not in the 18? where were the defenders when that happened? Yes Yobo and Shittu were average that day but have you thought of what would have happened if they were not up to Average? even at being average, the Argentine still had 24 shots on TARGET. i just don't want to continue with your likes who prefers to ignore the glaring truth, but rather stick to a one liner.

HNIC:

You can't go all out attack against the Argies, they will KILL you.
Those players are some of the best they have ever had.
They had the luxury of dropping Cambiasso and Zanetti(both CL finalist) and Milito who had a brace in the CL finAL
was on the bench shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Let's be factual, we all expected a drubbing yesterday.
Forget statistics,bla,bla,bla.
Just imagine, if the chance that fell to Uche had fallen to Martins or Yak and the match ended 1-1
How useful will your stats of one shot at goal been.?
I have seen Arsenal had 24 shots on goal and 30 attempts and the match ended 0-0.
The scores are the most important.
Nevetheless, its foolish to judge Lars using one match
I will appraise him after the group matches.
But from what was displyed y'day,the tactical discipline was there and we saw the same players who under Amodu strolled around the pitch, ready to spill blood for fatherland.
That's what we require

You can't go against the Argentine says who? ask Bolivia, as Paraguay, ask Uruguay, ask Chile, ask even Ecuador, the back was as shaky as an old wall, yet we didn't do anything to it, sucks bro, too bad you just don't want to accept that we didn't perform and that there was no input from the coach. 1 SHOT ON TARGET IN 94MINS. sucks, they weren't even defensive, they weren't defensive, yet he only managed 1 shot on target and that shot came about 70mins into the game. sucks bro.

At least, test the goal keeper, how sure are you that if they had played more shots on target, we wouldn't have won?
how sure are you that if they had really taken the game out to the Argentine, we wouldn't have won?
how sure are you that if we had closed them down in the middle of the park, we wouldn't have won them?
how sure are you that if we had fought for every 50 50, we wouldn't have won?
how sure are you that if we had not given Messi and co free discount to roam about the field of play, we wouldn't have won?
How sure are you that if Largerbeer had chosen the right formation from the start, used the right 7 in the right position, we wouldn't have won?
How sure are you that if Largerbeer really had the technical input as a coach to read a match/see his opponent's weak points (Gutierrez and deminech), we wouldn't have been able to score and win?

Bro, this list goes on, but then i don't expect you to know all these because the coach is no black and he's no Amodu, anything apart from Amodu is the best that has ever happened to your likes.

Any Coach apart from a Nigerian is the best as long as it's not from Nigeria. By August, Largerbeer is going back to Sweden with $1.3m IN HIS ACCOUNT for the same service we would have gotten with just $2m per month instead of $30m.

Largerback has played 4 matches now, how many more do you expect to see from him before you start to see if he truly has the tactic and technical abilities that a coach being paid $30m should have?

So you didn't see Etuhu strolling around the middle? you didn't see Obasi/Obinna looking very immobile? you didn't see Kalu playing like someone learning Karate? you didn't see Osaze wasting chances he could have converted if he was Tshabalala?
Ride on bro.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by jalether(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
It is widely known that argentina has a relatively inbalance squad/team. great attackers coupled with a rather weak defence. as Honerico pointed out

many teams in recent times (some on the same level as Nigeria or even below us) have exploited this weakness to score and even beat the argies.

The million dollar question then is, what stops Nigeria fom capitalising on their weakness?.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
honeric, good to see there's someone else who notices this INFERORITY complex that exist not only amond Nigerians sef but other African countries

It's pathetic and of course the brainwashed will have excuses.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Mariory(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
Rubbish! Amodu was in charge for far longer, 2008-2010. Have you lot quickly forgotten the African nations cup? Throughout that competion we had no spark, no flair, no passion, no technical ability, nothing. Lost to 10 man Ghana. And then the world cup qualifiers, barely scrapped through not by our own doing but thanks to results from another game. These are Amodu's comments after the ACON

We have no excuse, we lost to a luckier side, a youthful team, but its not a bad side they worked hard to defend their one goal

It's astoundinly ridiculus to compare that kind of record with one loss against a star studded Argentina side. How many games has Lagerback managed that you are already comparing him to Amodu?
Amodu was poo! Pure and Simple. I don't know how anyone can try to defend him.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2010
They did, Nigerians were happy when they got him as coach as long as he was not black, they kept showing us his CVs, on tv, papers, radio, internet and all sort of places, HE WAS BEING PAID $60,000 per month, He was given a house and a car in ABUJA even though he was going to be spending just 10days in Nigeria out of 30 days in a month. He was being worshiped not until he proved to everyone that having a white skin does not make you a superhuman.

Thats the same enthusiasm that comes with anything new. Given Berti Vogts record of winning the Euro cup with Germany, then Nigerians were optimistic we can get a coach who was good enough to coach Germany. Unlike the 3rd grade foreign coaches we usually get

Our worse local SE coach was better than Vogts, yet he got all that HUGE money, Scotland laughed at us when her was recruited, yet Nigerians still allowed him until he flopped.

This Berti Vogts got Germany an Euro cup, This is a better record than any Nigerian born coach has. So based on pedigree, he is better than any Nigerian coach

There's no race-card here, the problem i have here is the way NIGERIANS degrade their own while being tolerant to foreigners, this kinda attitude has to stop.

When Siasia made mistakes in Egypt, ALOT of NL users quickly forgot about his exploits and were quick to condemn him.

When Berti Vogts made mistakes in Ghana everyone criticised him we all forgot what his achievement of winning Euro cup So the same thing that was used for Siasia was used for Vogts

Until we start to tolerate our own like the way we tolerate foreigners working in Nigeria, we won't progress in this country.

Until we start to treat our own equal like we treat the foreigners, a life of a Nigerian will not be respected.

Until we stop downgrading our own just like how we don't downgrade a man in a white skin, we won't been seen as a normal human by the outside world.

This still doesnt make sense. We sacked Philippe Trousiere who qualified us for the World cup who was also white skinned, So how did we tolerate him. Troussire had a better record than any local coach we have ever had in the National team.

He qualified us for the world cup with a game in hand. Yet he was sacked if we did that for a local coach you would have screamed racism but we did for a foreigner too

your point? we played badly and people have deliberately refused to see that and instead they are saying that they saw an improvement. we cant beat any team the way we played.

If England has a foreign coach, Switzerland has a foreign coach, Turker has, Russia had, Portugal had Can we say this countries too suffer from inferiority complex?

If you have a better person who could do it, then it doesnt count if he is white, black or green
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
double post
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
ThiefOfHearts:

honeric, good to see there's someone else who notices this INFERORITY complex that exist not only amond Nigerians sef but other African countries

Wetin u know say we dey discuss here ?

Abeg comot make I see road jare angry
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2010
push me away now.

I'd think you'd retire from this site by now

or they would have at least create a special forum for senior citizens
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2010
does that explain why u have been avoiding me ? undecided

can u define the phrase [i]SELF-HATER [/i]for me ?

I dont get it cool
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by tkb417(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2010
The same Egypt that Marcelo Lippi couldn't hold with the Italian team.

As for the Ghanians, we all knew it was the players that screwed that up, we had more short at goal than any other time in the tournament, go and check it very well.

As for the Zambians, we under-rated them and they taught us a lesson, but it wasn't like we still didn't win.

are you giving excuses for losing to a shambolic Zambia side? or how we lost to Ghana U-21?

but you want us to believe we shoudnt have lost to an Argentine side with Messi, Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain, Masherano?
are u for real?

Amodu struggled against Kenya, Mozambique, Tunisia, Zambia, Ghana U-21 and u want to make me believe he would have beaten Argentina shocked shocked

Did u say Maradona made Lagerback look like an apprentice?
maybe Pep of Barcelona too shouldnt have beaten SAF if the number of years in coaching is the determining factor in coaching

abeg, if u dont have stuffs to say, sharrap
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Thats the same enthusiasm that comes with anything new. Given Berti Vogts record of winning the Euro cup with Germany, then Nigerians were optimistic we can get a coach who was good enough to coach Germany. Unlike the 3rd grade foreign coaches we usually get

This Berti Vogts got Germany an Euro cup, This is a better record than any Nigerian born coach has. So based on pedigree, he is better than any Nigerian coach

When Berti Vogts made mistakes in Ghana everyone criticised him we all forgot what his achievement of winning Euro cup So the same thing that was used for Siasia was used for Vogts

This still doesnt make sense. We sacked Philippe Trousiere who qualified us for the World cup who was also white skinned, So how did we tolerate him. Troussire had a better record than any local coach we have ever had in the National team.

He qualified us for the world cup with a game in hand. Yet he was sacked if we did that for a local coach you would have screamed racism but we did for a foreigner too

If England has a foreign coach, Switzerland has a foreign coach, Turker has, Russia had, Portugal had Can we say this countries too suffer from inferiority complex?

If you have a better person who could do it, then it doesnt count if he is white, black or green
what have England and Portugal achieved with a foreign coach? have they won any trophy?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
tkb417:

are you giving excuses for losing to a shambolic Zambia side? or how we lost to Ghana U-21?

but you want us to believe we shoudnt have lost to an Argentine side with Messi, Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain, Masherano?
are u for real?

Amodu struggled against Kenya, Mozambique, Tunisia, Zambia, Ghana U-21 and u want to make me believe he would have beaten Argentina shocked shocked

Did u say Maradona made Lagerback look like an apprentice?
maybe Pep of Barcelona too shouldnt have beaten SAF if the number of years in coaching is the determining factor in coaching

abeg, if u dont have stuffs to say, sharrap

Of what use is losing 1 : 0 to a team with a coach that cost you 30 million naira a month and losing with same margin with a coach that would have cost you less than 2 million naira?

I don't have time to to really debate stuffs with you because you still wouldn't clean your mentality, we have argued since months ago, so i don't want to start with you again.

Yes, Maradona an (apprentice) with no coaching experience made Largerback look like a ball boy, the result and the stats is there to show, i can bet you, Largebeer earns more than Maradona as a coach yet he was shown the way to attack and score.

Pep is no Apprentice, if you know your history very well, you'd know that Pep's no apprentice and has been a coach (on a lower level) before he came up to the higher level unlike Maradona with no experience at all.

Like i said, you have already cemented what you want to believe in your heart so i won't try to convince you, the WHOLE world honesty know that we DIDNT AND NEVER struggled against the GHANIANS, they had an early goal and struggled to keep that lead, they went defensive all through the match and the likes of your average players ended up wasting all the chances that came their way, you can't deny the fact that we never struggled against the Ghanians and that match was one of our best in the tournament.

Yes, we played badly against the Zambians and i didn't excuse the players, they thought they could use name to play on the field and the Zambians reminded them that football is played with your legs and not your names.

We didn't struggle with Mozambique nor with the Tunisians because this same Moz narrowly lost to the STAR STUDDED CIV 1 0 in Cote' voire, this same moz beat Tunisia and we didn't lose to them.

Tunisia also beat France (the same squad in the WC now) and we didn't lose to Tunisia nor to France. Go and check the stats and stop following the crowd.

The Argentines we played against were no fantastic, they had a leaking defense and a tactical coach would have at least drawn that match or even beat them but what did we see? 1 SHOT AT GOAL!, you can continue hyping the performance, but those who really understand my point of view knows what is on ground.

Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain, Masherano? so what? were all these players not there when they lost 1 : 6 to Bolivia, were they not there when they lost to the likes of Paraguay, Chile, Ecuador and co? abeg, leave names joor, this same Argentina didn't perform more then Nigeria under Amodu and we even qualified for the worldcup before them.

jalether:

It is widely known that argentina has a relatively inbalance squad/team. great attackers coupled with a rather weak defence. as Honerico pointed out

many teams in recent times (some on the same level as Nigeria or even below us) have exploited this weakness to score and even beat the argies.

The million dollar question then is, what stops Nigeria fom capitalising on their weakness?.

You dey mind them? they won't see all these.

ThiefOfHearts:

My sister, i tire oo, INFERORITY COMPLEX dey popo them. sad

they love to make excuses for white coaches but not for a black one.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by honeric01(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2010
dayokanu:

When did he win that? how many years ago? have you forgotten about the saying that says a coach is as good as his last result? what was his performance with the Scottish team? they even made excuses for him that the Scottish people didn't have good players, that was why he couldn't perform, rubbish.

Which yeye achievement? 1996 abi is it even 1994? after that, what did he achieve? his last performance as a coach was worse than that of Gateway of OTA.

Nah, Vogts was no good even before he was hired, his last job was there to show that, but what did we do? we still employed him, Siasia only failed once unlike him who was already a failure before coming to Nigeria to work.

Wetin concern me with his record with Germany? we are talking about his record with Nigeria not with any silly old school record. his record was old school and that was the only thing he had to boast of.

dayokanu:

He was tolerated bro, he was not white skinned, he had issues with the authorities then, not with the fans, go and check your history, it wasn't the fans that bad mouthed him, it was with the Authorities.

You are missing the points here, MY POINT IS THAT WHY PAY A FOREIGN COACH #30M AND THIS CASE IS DELIVERY AT PER WITH A LOCAL COACH WHO WAS BEING PAID #2M?

Secondly, why tolerate a foreign coach who's also as "clueless" as a local coach that was sacked for him?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
When did he win that? how many years ago? have you forgotten about the saying that says a coach is as good as his last result? what was his performance with the Scottish team? they even made excuses for him that the Scottish people didn't have good players, that was why he couldn't perform, rubbish.

Which yeye achievement? 1996 abi is it even 1994? after that, what did he achieve? his last performance as a coach was worse than that of Gateway of OTA.

Nah, Vogts was no good even before he was hired, his last job was there to show that, but what did we do? we still employed him, Siasia only failed once unlike him who was already a failure before coming to Nigeria to work.

Wetin concern me with his record with Germany? we are talking about his record with Nigeria not with any silly old school record. his record was old school and that was the only thing he had to boast of.

This is a shocking statement from a follower of international football. A coach won the Euro cup in 1996 and you are aking how many years?

Guus Hindick last won the Champions League in 1988, The mighty Fabio Capello last won the CL in 1994, Louis Van Gaal last won the Champions league in 1995 This is a tournament thats played every year compared to national team that only play once every two years. When was the last time Arsene Wenger won a European trophy and why is he regarded as a top rated coach.

Nothing concern you about his record with Germany but you are concerned about his records with Scotland.

A coach is good as his last result must mean there is only one goog coach in EPL cos only one team won the league, There is only one good coach in the Bundesliga as well as other leagues too

You say Berti Vogts record is old school compare that to Amodu whose records shows BCC lions in 1991 and ELkanemi in 1992.

He was tolerated bro, he was not white skinned, he had issues with the authorities then, not with the fans, go and check your history, it wasn't the fans that bad mouthed him, it was with the Authorities.

You mean Phillipe troussiere is black skinned? I never knew I guess we know new things everyday grin

Secondly, why tolerate a foreign coach who's also as "clueless" as a local coach that was sacked for him?

I doubt if you watched Nigeria vs Zambia, Mozambique, Egypt and Ghana U21. No one can be worse than Amodu
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
dayokanu:

This is a shocking statement from a follower of international football. A coach won the Euro cup in 1996 and you are aking how many years?

It's a moronic statement. . . . .

Ask him the last time Nigeria won the Nations Cup?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Mariory(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
dayokanu stop wasting your time. When someone writes the quote below it becomes clear football knowlegde and experience is lacking.

Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain, Masherano? so what? were all these players not there when they lost 1 : 6 to Bolivia, were they not there when they lost to the likes of Paraguay, Chile, Ecuador and co? abeg, leave names joor, this same Argentina didn't perform more then Nigeria under Amodu and we even qualified for the worldcup before them.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by HNIC(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Honeric 01,
I was about answering some of the shocking statements you made, but i see justice has been done to it.
Ask yourself, we've had a legion of Naija coaches, . . . .
Our finest moments in footie has always been with foreign coaches.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2010
Pep is no Apprentice, if you know your history very well, you'd know that Pep's no apprentice and has been a coach (on a lower level) before he came up to the higher level unlike Maradona with no experience at all.
Pep is no apprentice?

lemme help you with simple english

what is the opposite of apprentice?

if you know the answer, respond and tell me how Pep fits into the opposite in the year he won 6 tophies
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu has never been good for the national team
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by deb(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
Why hasn't any country considered Amodu to take over their natonal team if he is such a superb coach?
Not even Tanzania?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by DrKitaun(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
I am surprised that Honeric thinks he knows footie better than any of Sauron, TKB, HNIC or DK . . .interesting !
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
If we give as much support and financial motivation to our local coaches as we do foreign coaches, they'll be world beaters. Westerhoff was given a huge pay package, direct access to the presidency and about 4-5 years to prepare the team and he did well. Which of our local coaches have been treated this way? Bonfre Jo won us the Olympic gold medal with a better talented team, a better pay package and better support. Siasia got us the silver medal despite not having all these Bonfre Jo had. Our local coaches have performed when given the chance. If we treat our local coaches the way we treat foreign coaches, they will perform exceptionally.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
Tell me what well Amodu has performed in his history of coaching Nigeria

If you dont know let me enlighten you

In 1995 despite having the most talented pool of footbalers Nigeria has ever had I can only remember winning vs Japan at the Riyadh cup.

In 2002, He lost in the Nations cup semi finals(Not on penalties) despite that the opponents played with 10 men for close to 90 minutes
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by mamagee3(f): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
Most Nigerians aren't Self-haters, they are only stating the truth about that country.

Some Nigerians are pissed off by the continous failure of its leaders especially when they leave Nigeria for Europe and other countries.

I know for a fact that Nigerian leaders are the ones who are hated by all Nigerians, that's a fact.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amodu qualified us for 2 world cups. guess u kno that already. Amodu didnt enjoy the priveleges Westerhof had.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
Just like Westerhof did.

Has any foreign coach failed to qualify us for the world cup?
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
a foreign coach has qualified us for the world cup so has the local coach. Besides, no foreign coach has qualified us for two world cups. Our worst nations cup appearance since 1982 has come under a foreign coach.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

If we give as much support and financial motivation to our local coaches as we do foreign coaches, they'll be world beaters. Westerhoff was given a huge pay package, direct access to the presidency and about 4-5 years to prepare the team and he did well. Which of our local coaches have been treated this way? Bonfre Jo won us the Olympic gold medal with a better talented team, a better pay package and better support. Siasia got us the silver medal despite not having all these Bonfre Jo had. Our local coaches have performed when given the chance. If we treat our local coaches the way we treat foreign coaches, they will perform exceptionally.

Completely agree but when when you have a country that always believes "white is right", why are you surprised

Bloody sheep.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

Amodu qualified us for 2 world cups. guess u kno that already. Amodu didnt enjoy the priveleges Westerhof had.

Clifford Orji will qualify us for 2 world cups in Africa. . . . .

How many teams represent Africa in the world cup? 5.
Are you saying Nigeria is not amongst the the top 5 teams in Africa?
You are not making any sense. Amodu had his chance to do something, he blew it.

He is a useless manager. . . . .End of!!!
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by medjai(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^^ Hassan Shehata couldnt qualify Egypt for the world cup. Humberto Coelho couldnt qualify Tunisia for the world cup. Westerhof was given 4-5 years, enough time to build a team coupled with a huge salary and direct access to the presidency. None of our local coaches have enjoyed these. Amodu with all the vituperations and villifications and 0 support from the FA and fans, qualified us twice for the world cup. A feat Hassan Shehata couldnt achieve in 2006 and 2010.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by Sauron1: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2010
medjai:

^^^ Hassan Shehata couldnt qualify Egypt for the world cup. Humberto Coelho couldnt qualify Tunisia for the world cup. Westerhof was given 4-5 years, enough time to build a team coupled with a huge salary and direct access to the presidency. None of our local coaches have enjoyed these. Amodu with all the vituperations and villifications and 0 support from the FA and fans, qualified us twice for the world cup. A feat Hassan Shehata couldnt achieve in 2006 and 2010.

Hassan Shehata has nothing to prove after winning Nations Cup back to back.
The same Shehata disgraced the world champions(Italy) in the Confed Cup.

Someone should please tell me what Amodu has achieved for the National Team.
Qualifying a team for the world cup in Africa is no achievement. Keshi achieved it with a country as useless as Togo.
Re: Why Are Some Nigerians Self-haters? by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2010
I ask what Amodu has achieved or what was his best result for Eagles in a competitive game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FIFA Unveils Shortlist Of 23 Candidates For This Year's Ballon D'or / SECRET Of How To Make Over N100,000 Naira Every Single Month Using My 2.0+ Odds / Sport Betting Companies Are Threatening To Sue Me For Revealing This SECRET...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.