Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) (9688 Views)

Forget BRICS, Kenya among Top 7 Best Emerging Economies In The World / Saudi Prince Sues Forbes For Underestimating His Wealth / FORBES LIST: The World's Richest ROYALS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by davidif: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2010
9jaganja:

Nigerians are just too incorrigible. Who has compared Ghana to Nigeria on this thread? apart from the guy who thinks size matters in economic development. Canada is only 32mil and has one of world's top economies. Don't get the idea of this thread wrong. It's not about comparing Ghana with Nigeria, it's about economic situations in West Africa. Some loons just want to sound intelligent by saying what they think is intelligent but saying peanut butter when dodging bullets doesn't make you intelligent does it? I'll advice you take critical thinking course in school that way you will know how not to betray an author's intention when analyzing his or her arguments. You don't sound intelligent at all, you sound stoopid to me. If you don't know the intention of an author, you shouldn't make any conclusion. All you have to do is ask. Dumb nuts Just read and talk about policies that betrayed Ghana's economies instead pointing accusing fingers.

Its amazing how people think that size have anything to do with development. What of the netherlands and the other European countries with there tiny populations, are they not developed countries? Just look at israel with a population of around 7.5 million, are they not also developed?
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by sulad82i(m): 6:42am On Jun 14, 2010
This says nothing about Ghana not doing good
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Travelista(f): 6:46am On Jun 14, 2010
davidif:

Its amazing how people think that size have anything to do with development. What of the netherlands and the other European countries with there tiny populations, are they not developed countries? Just look at israel with a population of around 7.5 million, are they not also developed?
s
Are you really comparing Africa to Europe?  undecided Europe has had CENTURIES to acquire wealth and power. Sub-Saharan Africa has just been opened up for investment and trade within the past 50-60 years; you can't expect much to have occurred in such a short time. In the case of Israel, they've been receiving billions upon billions of yearly no-strings-attached aid for decades; do you really think they're a good example of what a country can accomplish on their own merits?
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by bgees(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2010
And this deserves to be on the home page? NONSENSE!!
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by 190: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2010
190 yawns~!!

I need a Job
wetin concern me concern ghana!!
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by CarlosVent(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2010
Ghana is stil beter in organised govment and also development dan Nigeria.
this report is an old report 6yrs ago not now dat ghana is doing absolutely well.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by pappy2000: 9:04am On Jun 14, 2010
I have seen a lot of intelligent post here.Good.
Ghana is an emerging power in Africa.It has also laid a good foundation for democratic vaule which is required for posperity.The truth is that Ghana may still be poor today but the potential to grow is there,because of sound democratic value.One of the gains of democracy is that the people matter.
On the other hand,Nigeria have not started the first step needed for posperity.i.e democracy.if the vote of the people count that is when we can start this talk.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by wazobiang: 9:23am On Jun 14, 2010
they should employ igbo man and ijebu man to handle their economy
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Oba234: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2010
Honestly, this is not good news for nigerians or any africans. I don't think any Nigerians should be happy by this news. I am tired of african countries always at bottom of the barrel.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Travelista(f): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2010
CarlosVent:

Ghana is stil beter in organised govment and also development dan Nigeria.
this report is an old report 6yrs ago not now dat ghana is doing absolutely well.

Unless you're visiting from the future, this report is current as of last week Wednesday. smiley
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by seanet02: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2010
Its a big lie, dont trust this forbes people, was it not the same people that told us that otedola and dangote are worth billions of naira, only for sanusi to blow the rock that this people are living on other peoples money through bank debts they never wanted to say back. Forbes my foot.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by agabaI23(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2010
seanet02:

Its a big lie, dont trust this forbes people, was it not the same people that told us that otedola and dangote are worth billions of naira, only for sanusi to blow the rock that this people are living on other peoples money through bank debts they never wanted to say back. Forbes my foot.
There is no wealthy man that does not borrow.
Besides Dangote's loan was not due for repayment in as much as the terms of the loan seemed dodgy
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by dremoney(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2010
Gbawe:

Even as I agree with some of what you wrote , the part in bold is , frankly, impossible. No Country in West Africa has the innate potential to become the "economic powerhouse of West Africa" ahead of Nigeria. It is simply not possible because of the huge disparity in human and natural resources between Nigeria and other West African nations. Our population, labour Market (skilled and unskilled) , natural endowment and vast goods/services consumer market (that saw Nigeria become one of the fastest growing telecom market in the world) are serious economic considerations no West African nation has or can gain anytime soon !!!!

In fact if Nigeria continues to be misruled for the next 50 years and other nations , such as Ghana and CIV,  operate at optimum we will still not see any West African nation become an economic regional powerhouse above Nigeria. Other West African nations , and most African nations, simply do not have our diverse range of endowment we are currently seriously under-utilising while the likes of South Africa and Egypt are now essentially as developed as they will possibly ever be !!!!

South Africa cannot suddenly increase its population from 58 million to 120 million overnight and it will struggle to further diversify its already optimally diverse economy. Nigeria on the other hand has an economy that , worldwide, probably has the greatest potentials for diversification with the attendant opportunity for generating the type of new and economically transformational income others can only dream of !!!! It is inept leadership thats has kept Nigeria obtusely focused entirely on oil alone when there are myriads of non-oil potential income generators !!!!

We must operate within the realm of reality and not fantasies bandied about popularly. Do you , for example, know that of the top 50 companies in West Africa (2010) 42 are from Nigeria while 4 are from CIV and 3 from Ghana?

Do you know that many respected non-African (and therefore non-partisan) economic analyst have posited that the Nigerian economy may become the biggest in Africa (toppling South Africa) as early as 2011-2012?

there are too many other indices that show , even with abject mismanagement of its resources, just how economically far ahead Nigeria is in comparison with other West African nations . Suffice to say that if Nigeria , assisted by good leadership, operates optimally for the next 10 years it can become something few nahttp://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Finance/5580349-146/poor_infrastructure_takes_shine_off_cbn.csptions in Africa (and non in West Africa) can become - one of the top 20 economies of the World in the near future.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Finance/5580349-146/poor_infrastructure_takes_shine_off_cbn.csp
Well,we all learn from eachoda brova so pls,believe when i say some of your analysis are dead wrong.You cant possibly say no country can move ahead of Nigeria in West Africa.Nigeria is damned brov,trust me.GDP is arrived at from a combination of variables but when you have an economy where over 85% of her GDP figure is from oil,then,that is really, a serious problem.For Nigeria to get to where south africa is today will take nothing less than 15 - 20yrs abeg.That optimally diversified SA economy u confirmed no b yam o>where is Nigeria gon start from?If we move at the growth rate we operate presently and SA does same,it will take Nigeria 20 - 25yrs to move ahead of SA.Nigeria is on the brink of collapse,good we re all been optimistic but without uninterrupted power supply,Nigeria is moving no inch near development.For us then to generate the megawatt we require,it will definitely take more than 15yrs my brova.Infastucture is gone in Nigeria,i cant even use a VISA card on CIBN website(what a shame).We need massive investment in infastructure,serious capital market reform to stablise the forex market,consistent and progressive government policy to start with.The telecoms market you made reference of was a case of giving chocolate to a starved 3yr old kid.GSM was what Nigeria had lacked for years,NITEL was monopolistic and beyond the reach of the masses so when GSM came,it only takes common sense to know  if the people can afford it,it will be a good business because of the population.Yes,the market is there but without all other structural underlying economic development,its all gon be a waste!
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by K4: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2010
Pathetic, indeed very pathetic! H-u-r-r-a-y! Let's celebrate the fact that the Ghanaian economy is not doing so well after all. But I have a simple question for you. Is the Nigerian economy doing very well?

I was in Nigeria two weeks ago and arrived in Ghana about a week ago. I was struck by the vibrancy in the Ghanaian system. The statistics don't tell the true story.I can tell anyone who cares to listen that things are moving in the right direction here in Ghana. Brand new cars,new magnificent shopping malls,mansions,a boom in the real estate industry, descent salaries etc.It may not sound like a big deal but arriving from Nigeria I think the current atmosphere in Ghana is very, very positive.I have seen lots of oil companies making their presence felt in Ghana. Generally things are really looking up for Ghana at the moment. I also think the oil industry will significantly transform the Ghanaian economy. And nobody should under-rate the impact of oil and gas.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Gbawe: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2010
K4:

Pathetic, indeed very pathetic! H-u-r-r-a-y! Let's celebrate the fact that the Ghanaian economy is not doing so well after all. But I have a simple question for you. Is the Nigerian economy doing very well?

I was in Nigeria two weeks ago and arrived in Ghana about a week ago. I was struck by the vibrancy in the Ghanaian system. The statistics don't tell the true story.I can tell anyone who cares to listen that things are moving in the right direction here in Ghana. Brand new cars,new magnificent shopping malls,mansions,a boom in the real estate industry, descent salaries etc.It may not sound like a big deal but arriving from Nigeria I think the current atmosphere in Ghana is very, very positive.I have seen lots of oil companies making their presence felt in Ghana. Generally things are really looking up for Ghana at the moment. I also think the oil industry will significantly transform the Ghanaian economy. And nobody should under-rate the impact of oil and gas.

There you go again jumping to conclusions in speaking as if it is always competition time with Ghana and Nigeria. Do you realise that the author might just be attempting to produce factual balance since , lately , the news is always that Ghana is doing terribly well and that , conversely,  Nigeria is drowning while the actual truth is in the middle i.e Ghana is doing well but it still has significant challenges and Nigeria is under-performing but still making progress albeit slower than is acceptable to most Nigerians. 

I was struck by the vibrancy in the Ghanaian system.

Sorry to burst your bubble but "vibrancy" is the wrong word to use if the majority of new business entrants are not of Ghanaian origin. It is the "vibrancy" of foreigners , bouyed by a good investment enviroment, that is behind some of what you cite. You may be happy that "shiny" new Shoprite shopping mall (South Africa) is present in Ghana selling goods at prices only the rich can afford , such as charging Ghanaians £1200 for a TV that cost £250 in London,  but I will never be happy the same is happening in Lagos to Lagosians . Instead I will strive to find a way to challenge Shoprite (instead of gawk at their shiny shop) and attempt to deliver said TV for £400 so that more Lagosians can afford it . You need Ghanaian SME's , more Ghanaian participation and a true Ghanaian industrial input for "vibrancy" to be pertinent. Ghana and Ghanaians will still get a raw deal if majority of new businesses driving development are foreign-owned .

[b]Brand new cars,new magnificent shopping malls,mansions,a boom in the real estate industry, descent salaries etc.[/b]It may not sound like a big deal but arriving from Nigeria I think the current atmosphere in Ghana is very, very positive.

And you think all you have stated is not happening in Nigeria? Do you know that , in the banking sector for example, average salaries are higher in Nigeria than in Ghana ? Development and progress will always be less visibly obvious in a highly populated and overcrowded City than a small City with a manageable population. Just ask inhabitants of New York and Houston !!!!!

With Lagos home to 17 million people while Accra is home to 3 million it makes sense that problems such as overcrowding and infrastructural challenges will be more obvious in Lagos than in Accra. You might notice less magnificent cars in London than you would in a small district of Surrey yet does that indicate to you that Londoners possess less purchasing power or that London is poorer , its inhabitants unhappier and less bereft of hope than those who live in the small district in Surrey? Or is it that , even as folks in London are cumulatively far richer than folks in the Surrey district , the display of Wealth is far less obvious in London , with its 8 million population, than in an area with 250,000 folks?

Accra is certainly a nice City and Ghana is heading in the right direction but Ghanaians need to get less complacent and more involved , and thus command more clout and influence in the deliverance of more positive benefits of economic success to average Ghanaians than is the case right now. Doing this will ensure that Ghanaians are not left as envious onlookers and lesser beneficiaries in any economic boom taking place in their own domain.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by DisGuy: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
Princek12:

Why is this on NL, especially on front page? Who gives a hoot about Ghana's economy doing bad? We need to worry first about our own economy.

BECAUSE WE NEED TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELLF UNFORTUNATELY

the man in a ferrari doing 10mph comparing himself to a 504 how sad
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Ibime(m): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
davidif:

Oh boy! we have a communist on board.

Why does this piss me off?

(1.) Because your brains got scrambled and read "wealth distribution" as "wealth [b]re[/b]distribution"?

OR

(2.) because of your compulsive predilection to McCarthyism?

davidif:

All of you who know nothing about economics and who always say no to foreign companies or that we should "support our own" at the expense of foreign investment, well this is what happens. Ghana better open up its market as soon as possible and enough of this protectionism nonsense. This is one of the reasons i can't stand politicians who pander to popular sentiments at the expense of good economic policies.

Whilst you were typing this nonsense, Nigeria's manufacturing industry is busy relocating to Ghana.

paddy_lo:

In capitalist system wealth is usually skewed which forms the incentive for ppl to work and get to the top

P.S. .South Africa and Brazil. . are the 2 most unequal countries on earth. .
Nigeria is pretty much in the middle. . i'll find a chart for u

If wealth disparity is singularly attributable to racial disenfranchisement, then let Brazil and South Africa be our model.

If wealth disparity is mostly attributable to corruption, kleptocracy, rent-seeking and plutocracy, then let Nigeria be our model.

If wealth disparity is attributable to the spirit of entrepreneurship, then let Ghana be our model.

Again, if you look at any percentile analysis, the average Nigerian is no better off than the average Ghanian. Thats why the average Nigerian votes with his feet by moving to Ghana.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
Dis Guy:

BECAUSE WE NEED TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELLF UNFORTUNATELY
the man in a ferrari doing 10mph comparing himself to a 504 how sad

Not true at all. You should understand that some Nigerians actually understand that our challenges are totally different to those of Ghana. Our growth path will have to be different to Ghana's because we will have to find unique solutions to Nigerian problems. Sometimes some folks , not because of bad belle or the "need to feel good about ourselves" , may actually just be interested in showing that Ghana has its own real challenges also .We are only human and it must upset some Nigerians that Nigerians themselves only feel comfortable praising others falsely , without recourse to facts on the ground , to justify their completely negative view about their own nation.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Shytnis: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2010
Really, why do Nigerians always like these petty comparisons. Anybody in the know will tell you that Ghana has better and quality life than Nigeria.
Secondly, when you analyze a country's economy in terms of GDP, you have to consider how many people the nation has to feed. For instance, it's a fact that Nigeria's GDP is second in Africa but still about half the population lives in poverty.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Gbawe: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
Ibime:

Whilst you were typing this nonsense, Nigeria's manufacturing industry is busy relocating to Ghana.

Do you have proof that this is actually what is going on in Ghana or have you just swallowed , and are now propagating , another half-truth designed to make Ghana look good with the inverse desire to make Nigeria look bad? Mrs Hannah Tetteh is Ghana's trade Minister. When the assertion you make was put to her she denied the truth of It !!! Which source is more authoritative? You or Ghana's trade Minister? Those of us who know Ghana can also confirm that there is no wholesale relocation of Nigerian businesses to Ghana . Nigerian businesses are opening branches here while keeping their headquarters where it is !!!!

Is this not similar to how the Ghanaian Energy Minister bragged in Nigeria that Ghana had concluded plans to export electricity to Nigeria. Those of us who really know Ghana and its power challenges stated , on Nairaland, that he was being decietful to say the least. Back then it was Nigerians on Nairaland who concluded (as Disguy does below) that we were suffering from badbelle and talking because we need to feel good about ourselves.

Now Ghana is facing significant power outages. The Government has increased Tarriff massively to raise money to overhaul the sector to cope with Ghana's demand alone . The ECG (electricity Company of Ghana) Chairman was on Ghana radio giving an interview most Nigerian will never hear, last week providing a stark dose of reality about the real state of the Ghana power sector,  with its immediate need for intervention actions. If this is the real situation on the ground what , in your opinion, was responsible for the assertion that Ghana will provide be a major exporter of electricity to Nigeria?

If wealth disparity is attributable to the spirit of entrepreneurship, then let Ghana be our model.

Take it easy. Nigerian is actually , and by far , the country more demonstrative of entrepreneurship than Ghana if we inspect facts on the ground and not fiction . Majority of the Nigerian companies moving to Ghana are 100% Nigerian owned. They , and other foreign companies , are the ones giving Ghana its gloss of economic progress. Ghana can mainly be praised for its development of an enabling investment environment undepinned by good Governance.

Again, if you look at any percentile analysis, the average Nigerian is no better off than the average Ghanian. Thats why the average Nigerian votes with his feet by moving to Ghana.

I agree that the average Nigerian is not better off than the average Ghanaian but it is not the average Nigerian coming and remaining in Ghana . It is the investor with his own capital. Any Nigerian who comes to Ghana without investment funds or a gameplan will end up returning to Nigeria because , even as Ghana is improving , it is not a Mecca of wealth, employment and opportunity.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Ibime(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ Gbawe,

Nigerians are more entrepreneurial than Ghanaians, no doubt. . . . but entrepreneuralism is not responsible for wealth disparity in Naija, rather Kleptocracy. . . . I am yet to see by which Entrepreneurial spirit OBJ, IBB, Mohammed Abacha and Peter Odili elevated themselves to become the richest men in Nigeria. . . . these 4 men alone should be worth the equivalent of 20% of Nigerias GDP. . . .
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by IykeD1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2010

ghana as always been in debt- but they manage money well- I mean its like America looks good from the outside.

Nigeria is the BEST PLACE TO INVEST

I read somewhere that its good to invest where theres economic growth and less debt.

But it depends on how you look at it the most developed countries are in debt and the most underdeveloped countries arent but still maintain a growing economy.

Kindly share with us why that is the case? What facts do you have to back it up? Naija is best to invest in
relative to where? Any reason why this is still the most kept secret in the world?
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
I hate to even discuss with some people. Why jump at a conclusion not mine and blame me for the way you think? No one is comparing Ghana to Nigeria here. Stupid journalist using the phrase "resource rich" to further degrade anything African either intentionally or subconsciously. But no all you nuts buy into it not even knowing the reason such phrases are used. Have you heard anyone say resource rich USA in their reports? or resource rich Canada? Canada and the USA are both sitting on the largest oil reserves in the world but you don't here them saying resource rich in reports on them do you?

Now they resource rich nation for third world to further put the citizens into puzzles and grieve wondering why they haven't become "America" yet. Look it's not resources that build nations resources can only speed up building. It's brain work bruff. Although no one is comparing Nigeria to Ghana but the false pride and lack of intelligence in Nigerians makes them think Ghana shouldn't be compared to Nigeria or put in same category as Nigeria. Look Americans still battle Canadians for where best to live and Canada is just what? a British colony (Queen is still the head of state in Canada). Nigeria is not resource rich in any way except human resources. We have oil but what? Drill and degrade your environment and start importing food? All you illogical barboons trying to sound just or intelligent talking about don't compare Ghana to Nigeria blah blah we are happy Ghana is failing blah blah, Nigeria can do better than Ghana so we shouldn't compare blah blah. You all need to go back to school and study English and critical thinking/sentential logic. You all are so illiterate and unsophisticated trying to sound sophisticated. There is nothing wrong with comparing Ghana to Nigeria we are no better than them. But the reason of this thread is not to compare the two nations rather to talk about economic policies they have in Ghana that's betraying their once good economy and how Nigeria can learn from such policies.

Shytnis:

Really, why do Nigerians always like these petty comparisons. Anybody in the know will tell you that Ghana has better and quality life than Nigeria.
Secondly, when you analyze a country's economy in terms of GDP, you have to consider how many people the nation has to feed. For instance, it's a fact that Nigeria's GDP is second in Africa but still about half the population lives in poverty.
K4:

These guys need to go back to school for lack of simple comprehension.!!!
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by xterra2(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
People agitating that Ghana is good and better than us should be ashamed,by this report Ghana is no match to the Federal Republic Of Nigeria,
Months back,a thread here said Rivers state alone is richer than ghana(am i correct?**not so sure)
No matter what in Naija,Ghana wont be better than us economically,iinfrastructucally,militarically,educationally,(we have better students),man powerically,wealthically (pardoon my 'cally' pls)
The only way they can be better than us is in Sports
And Those that said Ghana powerhouse of W/Africa are damn wrong WE were,WE are and We will still be
And the beginning of the report said 1 gigawatt of power please let us have than in Naiija and our improvement of 7% will go have in double-digits it can be safe to assume than it would be at least double the 7% ,
Without power,security and so on our economy is damn improving we were said to be 33rd and South africa growth is 4% ours 7% without power,like i said (South africa isnt secure itself it has high crime rate)
Besides,if our government decides to diversify our economy,,tap into coal,goal,tin,e.t.c all of our MANY MANY natural resources + go into Agriculture in the north most especially with our high human manpower Ghana is Shit,it is still shit though,,,,,we could beat South afric ain no time and be into G-20
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Retardo.
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by agabaI23(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2010
xterra2:

People agitating that Ghana is good and better than us should be ashamed,by this report Ghana is no match to the Federal Republic Of Nigeria,
Months back,a thread here said Rivers state alone is richer than ghana(am i correct?**not so sure)
No matter what in Naija,Ghana wont be better than us economically,iinfrastructucally,militarically,educationally,(we have better students),man powerically,wealthically (pardoon my 'cally' pls)
And Those that said Ghana powerhouse of W/Africa are damn wrong WE were,WE are and We will still be
And the beginning of the report said 1 gigawatt of power please let us have than in Naiija and our improvement of 7% will go have in double-digits it can be safe to assume than it would be at least double the 7% ,
Without power,security and so on our economy is damn improving we were said to be 33rd and South africa growth is 4% ours 7% without power,like i said (South africa isnt secure itself it has high crime rate)
Besides,if our government decides to diversify our economy,,tap into coal,goal,tin,e.t.c all of our MANY MANY natural resources + go into Agriculture in the north most especially with our high human manpower Ghana is poo,it is still poo though,,,,,we could beat South afric ain no time and be into G-20

Mama Nkechi bute Nkwobi na pammy. Beer palour here we come wink
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by canuck(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
Sisi_Kill:
I guess since we've finished solving our own problems, it's time to look out for our Ghanian brothers.

Well done Nigerians!.

Well said, fellow Nigerian  wink
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by xterra2(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
@agbaI23 =STFU! we r debating here and if you wont take part in the argument GTFO, go to ur beer parlour anad dnt come back this is a debate not a beer parlour madness
@9jaganja- you smoke ganja i see if you wont debate STFU and GTFO! go smoke some more ganja retard
And you people at least i said something adding to the debate, (well xpext dis)
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
xterra2:

@agbaI23 =STFU! we r debating here and if you wont take part in the argument GTFO, go to your beer parlour anad dnt come back this is a debate not a beer parlour madness
@9jaganja- you smoke ganja i see if you wont debate STFU and GTFO! go smoke some more ganja retard
And you people at least i said something adding to the debate, (well xpext dis)

I opened this thread not for competitive but constructive debate. You are just blabbing about Nigeria is better than Ghana. And you really don't wanna take word o mouth with me. Just stop posting if you can't construct simple analysis with your brain. No one is debating you you. Do you have down syndrome or something?
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by agabaI23(m): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2010
9jaganja:

I opened this thread not for competitive but constructive debate. You are just blabbing about Nigeria is better than Ghana. And you really don't wanna take word o mouth with me. Just stop posting if you can't construct simple analysis with your brain. No one is debating you you. Do you have down syndrome or something?
No he does not otherwise he will be not able to say shut the bfuck up. He is one of the beer palour champions. let him carry on please.  grin
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by xterra2(m): 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
9jaganja:

Okay you mad ganja man in my post what did i say? i didnt neccessarily said We are better(not competiting -happy?) but higlighting our economic potential and some of the reasons why Ghanas economy cant be better than us and also some of the ways we can improve our economy but you smoked too much ganja you cant understand that,
I see you dont have common sense and btw, you damn dont know what down syndrome is so dont mention it again unless you bing it
Re: Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
xterra2:

Okay you mad ganja man in my post what did i say? i didnt neccessarily said We are better(not competiting -happy?) but higlighting our economic potential and some of the reasons why Ghanas economy cant be better than us and also some of the ways we can improve our economy but you smoked too much ganja you cant understand that,
I see you dont have common sense and btw, you damn dont know what down syndrome is so dont mention it again unless you bing it

xterra2:

Besides,if our government decides to diversify our economy,,tap into coal,goal,tin,e.t.c all of our MANY MANY natural resources + go into Agriculture in the north most especially with our high human manpower Ghana is poo,it is still poo though,,,,,we could beat South afric ain no time and be into G-20

I think your words betray your intention or should I say those were intentional. You've said Nigeria is better in every sense you can compare a person or nation with. I think you need to open your mind and shed some false pride. Calling me ganja man or whatever doesn't prove your point. I smoke my weed for reasons known to me and really don't give a s@$t what anyone thinks. I'll rather fry my brain cells than use it the way 90% of humans including you do!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama Or Romney- Who Would You Vote For? / Hitler Said True Jews Were Black / Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.