Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Hijab In The United States - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In The United States (17718 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ejiné: Creation Date: Jun 13, 2010
Frontpage Date: Mar 07, 2013

Damn... History has been made, ladies and gentlemen.

"The Longest Time Interval Between A Thread's Creation And Its Frontpaging"

Over 2 phucking years! Wow!

Lmkmfh!!! grin grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ishilove:
Thank God you said HEAD gear. These women you have listed aren't covered up like Japanese ninjas, or MK's 'Scorpion' and 'Nobe Cybot'. undecided

Bigoted you are but you made me laugh hard. Maybe you are used to Muslim women who are poor. If I introduce you to the Prince of Dubai and he is dying to marry you, I am darn sure you will jump at the burkha when you see pampering. Proper ladies used a veil when Europeans still had decency, forget all that talk of hijab being oppression. Oppression is when women are put in skimpy clothes and made to pose or dance in demeaning positions to promote everything and anything from a car to the latest Music video.

Step up your game madam.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ishilove:
I can recommend a very good optician, if the above is what you are seeing.
ok! let me start 4rm here,you see,apart being born as a muslim,i also make research and learn more about other religions.i can tell u dat i knw alot about ur religion dan u do(am not fumbling),and so,my question is wat do u know about islam?is it wat u here 4rm western media propaganda dat u are relaying upon?so,let us start 4rm there...thank GOD we have electric current 2 9yte cos am ready...
Re: Hijab In The United States by paris10: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
naptu2: Niqab

No, Ninja
Re: Hijab In The United States by paulohski: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Muslims here really need to calm down and stop being defensive. All these "To avoid being banned..." don't make sense, seriously. If u can't tolerate second opinions on your threads, then hide it somewhere where only you guys can find it.
On this story, I see it as another demonstration of the fact that western nations which Muslims do wrongly called Christian nations are welcoming and allow true freedom. I recently read a Wikipedia article on Christianity in Saudi Arabia and another in UAE. These Islamic countries don't allow churches to be built, yet there big mosques in London, New York and elsewhere. Who is deceiving who? But I know even u guys will find something to say. But think like a rational person and you'll agree that religious tolerance is still very far from Islam.
I luv u guys though, even my best friend is a Moslem. He's one of the very few that know the truth and are not too loyal to be too foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by karpentar: 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
zayhal: May Allah reward these women (and the like of them) abundantly and make this life easy for them, and above all, grant them al-jannah firdaus.

What of women wearing jeans in Saudi Arabia? Is it allowed?

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
paulohski: I recently read a Wikipedia article on Christianity in Saudi Arabia and another in UAE. These Islamic countries don't allow churches to be built, yet there big mosques in London, New York and elsewhere. Who is deceiving who? But I know even u guys will find something to say. But think like a rational person and you'll agree that religious tolerance is still very far from Islam.

On point.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
jamst: the fastest increasing religion in d world is islam,both in d east & west(there are thousands of new convert 2 islam)buh, here in 9ja most xtians are 2 sentimental 2 understand islam...alas! there's a way out,just get a copy of english quran & read it 4 urself & find a good learned muslim 2 answer any area u dont understand,b4 it is too late(death is on everybody side)...peace2all

That's how you brainwash innocent unsuspecting people to their very dire end.

Religion of peace indeed. Look around you and tell me what you see. Switch on your cable, or better yet visit any News website on your Pc, 95% of the crisis going on around the world are arising from the middle east, right?

And what is the dominant religion in that region? Oh yes! Islam.

*scoffs*
Religion of peace, Indeed.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Bigoted you are but you made me laugh hard. Maybe you are used to Muslim women who are poor. If I introduce you to the Prince of Dubai and he is dying to marry you, I am darn sure you will jump at the burkha when you see pampering. Proper ladies used a veil when Europeans still had decency, forget all that talk of hijab being oppression. Oppression is when women are put in skimpy clothes and made to pose or dance in demeaning positions to promote everything and anything from a car to the latest Music video.

Step up your game madam.
*Coughs*
I disagree with your comments oo.

First and foremost, Wearing a hijab is not Islamic. It's more of Arabia culture that is assimilated into the religion as time went by.

Secondly, their is nothing oppressive about someone wearing a bikini at the beach or putting on a tank top and shorts for a commercial. It's what is known as freedom.

Something that is really in short supply for the female folks in Islam of today.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
it so unfortunate,there suppose 2 be a kind of special trend 4 intellect muslims & xtians 2 share knowledge & addressing issues(which i can be part of) witout any abuses & harsh words...@owner mr seun & the modds should do something.
Re: Hijab In The United States by naptu2: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
With regards to the "avoid getting banned" notice, according to Seun:

Seun: The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/1195331/avoid-being-banned-please-ensure#14308179
Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
@dan de numerouno,wat is the different between a religion & a culture?let us start 4rm there...
Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
jamst: @dan de numerouno,wat is the different between a religion & a culture?let us start 4rm there...

A religion is defined as belief in and worship of a God or other superhuman agency, while culture is defined as all the ways of life including arts, beliefs, and institutions of a population that are passed down from generation to generation.

Which actually makes a lot of sense and rent credibility to my earlier comments. You see, Islam is an Arabia/Arabic religion and according to culture definition, it's also automatically their culture as well.

As Islam spread across the globe, people like you joined in promoting Arabia cultures such as wearing of hijab, thinking it's God will. But it's not. Technically, it's a separate issue and not of Islam at all.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
*Coughs*
I disagree with your comments oo.

First and foremost, Wearing a hijab is not Islamic. It's more of Arabia culture that is assimilated into the religion as time went by.

Secondly, their is nothing oppressive about someone wearing a bikini at the beach or putting on a tank top and shorts for a commercial. It's what is known as [color=#00099]freedom.[/color]

Something that is really in short supply for the female folks in Islam of today.

Wearing of hijab is expressly stated in the Qur'an. It is not freedom to wear hijab abi? I guess nuns who also wear hijab are more liberated than Muslim women who wear hijab. Anyway, stay in your lane, I wasn't addressing you.
Re: Hijab In The United States by jude33084(m): 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Wearing of hijab is expressly stated in the Qur'an. It is not freedom to wear hijab abi? I guess nuns who also wear hijab are more liberated than Muslim women who wear hijab. Anyway, stay in your lane, I wasn't addressing you.

Τhis is what i dont like about you; becoming insecure and aggressive when it comes to Islam religious matter.

"Shaking my head for you"
Re: Hijab In The United States by schorlbone(m): 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Step up your game madam.
Classics cool
Re: Hijab In The United States by hammedkola(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ejiné: Creation Date: Jun 13, 2010
Frontpage Date: Mar 07, 2013

Damn... History has been made, ladies and gentlemen.

"The Longest Time Interval Between A Thread's Creation And Its Frontpaging"

Over 2 phucking years! Wow!

That's called Politics
Re: Hijab In The United States by DandeNumeruno(m): 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Nuns don't wear hijabs, please. They wear what is known as habits. And in the Christian community they are the only ones required by their church to dress as such. Christian women on the other hand dress as they deemed fit, unlike their Muslim counterpart that is required by law to wear hijab everywhere they go.

How is that not oppressive?

P.S; You don't have to address me for to reply to your comments. We are in a forum for crying out loud. It's what we call interaction.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
Say : " O PEOPLE OF THE SCRIPTURES(jews and christians)! WHY DO YOU REJECT THE MANIFEST(proofs,evidences,verses,lessons,signs,revelation) WHILE ALLAH (ur creator) IS A WITNESS TO WHAT U DO?". Say : O PEOPLE OF THE SCRIPTURES(jews and christains)! WHY DO YOU STOP THOSE WHO HAVE BELIEVED,FROM THE RIGHT PATH,SEEKING TO MAKE IT SEEM CROOCKED,WHILE U(yourself) ARE WITNESSES( to Muhammad as a Messenger and Islam as a Religion to worship ONLY ONE TRUE GOD)? AND ALLAH IS NOT UNAWARE OF WHAT YOU DO." ---- Quran 3 vs 98-99

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nuns don't wear hijabs, please. They wear what is known as habits. And in the Christian community they are the only ones required by their church to dress as such. Christian women on the other hand dress as they deemed fit, unlike their Muslim counterpart that is required by law to wear hijab everywhere they go.

P.S; You don't have to address me for to reply to your comments. We are in a forum for crying out loud. It's what we call interaction.

You see how you have been conditioned to throw rational thought away. 'Nuns don't wear hijab, they wear habits', what a joker. #LOL
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
"O YOU WHO BELIEVE! IF YOU OBEY A GROUP OF THOSE WHO WERE GIVEN THE SCRIPTURES(jews and christains), THEY WOULD (indeed) RENDER YOU DISBELIEVERS AFTER YOU HAVE BELIEVED." ---Q 3 vs 100.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
Say: ‘O People of the Scripture!, Jews and Christians, come now to a word agreed upon between us and you, and it is, that we worship none but God (Allāh) and that we do not associate anything with Him, and do not take each other for lords, beside God’, as you have taken rabbis and monks; and if they turn their backs, in rejection of God’s Oneness, say, you to them: ‘Bear witness that we have submitted’, [that we are of] those who affirm the Oneness of God" --- Q 3 vs 64.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
" Verily( Oh jews and christains!), You are those who dispute about what you know, concerning the affair of Moses and Jesus, and your claim to be adhering to their religions: why do you then dispute concerning that of which you have no knowledge? It is ALLAH Who knows, and you do not know." --- Q 3 vs 66.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 12:03am On Mar 08, 2013
A party of the People of the Scripture(jews and christain) wish to make you go astray; but they shall not lead astray anyone, except themselves, but they are not aware of this. --- Q 3 vs 69.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2013
O People of the Scripture( jews and christains)! Why do you mix truth with falsehood, by distorting and falsifying [scripture], and conceal the truth, while you know? --- Q 3 vs 71

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 12:09am On Mar 08, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

only if the blessed virgin Mary(mother of your god) didnt wear hijab smiley

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 12:14am On Mar 08, 2013
And a party of the People of the Scripture say, ‘Believe in the morning in that which is revealed to the believers,and reject it at the end of the day, so that they may turn back. --- Q 3 vs 72.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 12:23am On Mar 08, 2013
@dan de numero,it took u 23mins 2 respond *smiling* infact,i dont ask u 2 define but only 2 differentiate.u try sha, okey! religion=belief & culture=way of life...and so,the next question,is there any similarity btw religion=belief and culture=way of life.if yes/no,pls give ur reasons.
Re: Hijab In The United States by omorttee4u(m): 12:33am On Mar 08, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: And a party of the People of the Scripture say, ‘Believe in the morning in that which is revealed to the believers,and reject it at the end of the day, so that they may turn back. --- Q 3 vs 72.

You still haven't tell us in the Quran where any woman puting on Hijab,nikab or burka is more closer to God..God his self says,he's closer to us than the vain in our neck.I still sopport the fact that,nikab or burka is being forced religion from culture..only hijab I can say is really imporant for muslim women,because Angels don't like seeing their hairs..
Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 12:59am On Mar 08, 2013
omorttee4u:

You still haven't tell us in the Quran where any woman puting on Hijab,nikab or burka is more closer to God..God his self says,he's closer to us than the vain in our neck.I still sopport the fact that,nikab or burka is being forced religion from culture..only hijab I can say is really imporant for muslim women,because Angels don't like seeing their hairs..
and so,wat ar ur questions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Dreams And Its Interpretation? / Early Marriage In Islam / Keeping A Low Profile Saves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.