Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Things You Should Never Share At Work - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things You Should Never Share At Work (24583 Views)

3 Key Uses Of Microsoft Excel At Work / 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People / Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by CTechHub(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2018
some people just don't understand work place ethics
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2018
I don't entirely agree with the Op on some points.
Step 1: Identify your enemies or beefers and their friends
Step 2: Get close to them on different planes
Step 3: Know the things they like to hear and what they gossip about you
Step 4: Feed them small small nuggets(differently) of how your life and ambition is taking shape.
Step 5: Sit back, grab your popcorn and watch how they 'go -to-town' with your story, inadvertently knocking themselves over with beef.
It has worked for me, time and again and it also gives keeps them busy and distracted while you pursue the greater goal. If you know how to play office politics, you would surely be a step ahead in the game, using them against themselves.
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by eaglez(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Never share your family issues with any of your CO workers,it will always be used against you in one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by openmine(m): 7:59am On Jul 19, 2018
thebossagain:
Never u share ur extra hustle with your colleagues, they may spoil ur small hustle... Village people are like cctv
grin
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Yinxies:

He was fired for inefficiency. He could not complete a task assigned to him on time so he was fired. At least he was not fired for complaining

Your first post gave a wrong reason u said for complaining. How ever I would do the same as your boss, I won't allow anyone affect productivity. To work is not by force but to be paid for not working isn't by force either
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2018
sydney110:
Become a certified professional!

Will we get free cake to taste? I don't bake but I love cake
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by openmine(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2018
eaglez:
Never share your family issues with any of your CO workers,it will always be used against you in one way or the other.
True!
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Mydazz(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Political and sports debate are unavoidable in any office bros, it's just to minimise it and not let it affect your tasks for the day
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by IghoOvie(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Op u forget to add, don't tell any of your colleague the number of female staff u don shine their kongo
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by tolexy007(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2018
israelmao:
Workplace is gossip centre for some public civil servants.Grapevine international.

NIHORT in ibadan, i did my nysc there, my brother that place is the center of gossip in the whole world

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by BrandSpurNG: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2018
ElRapido:

A great topic but a weak article, this shows the writer is one lazy person. You can always do better

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe you can assist us in this regard...
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Freeko4: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2018
nice one, thanks
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Pololomaster(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Nice one!
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Omobada(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Only1mi:
About sharing your career progression plans with your boss, I think it depends on the type of boss you have. I shared my plans with my boss, we found suitable roles together and the same boss helped prep me for the interview...
Your boss deserve some Accolades. more than 90% of Nigerian bosses can't do that.
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by BeraBera2(f): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Don't share your relationship problems and husband/wife issues with your office colleagues. There are chances that they may scandalize you, and the information you confided in them may spread as office gossip, with salt, pepper and maggi added to what you told them.
You may find out in the long run, that they don't care about you afterall.
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Septre: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Only1mi:
About sharing your career progression plans with your boss, I think it depends on the type of boss you have. I shared my plans with my boss, we found suitable roles together and the same boss helped prep me for the interview...
You stay in 9ja? This is the exception rather than the norm here.
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by PropertyDeals(f): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
I like that part "Boss Gossip" and "sharing your job search" smiley

Are you done with your market analysis of the next property/land you want to acquire? If Real Estate Investment or Land Banking is your choice, it's better you do it rightly with a reputable source. No matter where you need land or house/apartment property in Lagos and other states, we are capable. Our office is in Ikeja (off Medical Road), feel free to visit or call us via the details in my signature. Don't miss this ongoing 50% discount promo on Queens Court Shapati Lakowe.

Check or signature below!!!
Re: Things You Should Never Share At Work by Mankiso(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
The OP is correct. Gossip at workplace is traumatizing.

My Yoruba colleague has separated all of us with blackmailing gossip. My Igbo colleague whom I helped secure the job is a psychophant gossip, and I have marked all of them *bad*, so I dissociate myself from discussing with them, including with our dean who envies me so hard. My colleagues will badmouth our dean before me only to go and praise him or tell him the things I did not say. Our dean who also is a pastor is a terrible gossip. I paid them back by shaming all of them, at least none of them is capable of arranging my sack.

I now stay alone; I prefer it, because I do not at my age have anything to do with men gossiping out of envy. I keep my spare time with colleagues from other departments and my HOD, a mother who understands, and has separated herself from the evil gossips since they also talk about her.

Dear readers, gossip could be depressing. Our deputy vc once said to me: "do you know the things they have said about me? Pay no attention to rabble-rousers unless you have nothing important to do."

These people are just afraid that, like Socrates, I know virtually every area of our discipline and that students prefer to attend my class to theirs. So in order to categorize me, these lecturers who say they have written so many papers and that I am their junior colleague brand me "soft with the students".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In Nigeria / Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.