Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Trinity And Identity Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity And Identity Of God (11636 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
What you wrote is exactly the same as Jehovah's witnesses false doctrine.

What don't you understand? I can as well accuse you of holding Catholic false Trinity doctrine as well. Show me where you have problem with my post? And by the grace of God I will explain.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel
Yes Jesus is YAHWEH and the Jews wanted to stone Him for making this claim . Hear His words:"

Jesus did not say he is Yahweh the father, easy with the false accusation of Jesus Oga!
You are not different from the Jews who misunderstood him.

Just before that very John 10:30 you quoted
Jesus said in John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and the Father are one.”

May be this verse will make you understand what he meant by 'one' with the father.

John 17:21-23
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one ; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

I believe these verses are not in anyway saying that Jesus disciples and his followers are the same as the person of Yahweh?

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

It is clear that the Jews misunderstood Jesus which was the reason for them to want to stone Him. He only said he is the Son of God the father, and you should notice him use the word 'father' in replying them. The Jews don't believe in God to beget, it's like a heresy to them. It's new and strange to them. So for someone to be Son of God to them meant the person claimed to be God.

From this scripture ,it clear that Jesus is God .And anyone who does not agree with this , does not agree with what Jesus said about Himself. Period

Your misconception is still the same through out.

Is Jesus God? Yes
Is Jesus God the father? No
Does Jesus have a God above him? Yes

Yahweh the father is all in all, Greater than all and God to all. There is none like him.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:
Shelumiel

Jesus did not say he is Yahweh the father, easy with the false accusation of Jesus Oga!

Jesus said in John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

May be this verse will make you understand what he meant by 'one' with the father.

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one ; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

I believe these verses are not in anyway saying that Jesus disciples and his followers are the same as the person of Yahweh?

It is clear that the Jews misunderstood Jesus which was the reason for them to want to stone Him. He only said he is the Son of God the father, and you should notice him use the word 'father' in replying them. The Jews don't believe in God to beget, it's like a heresy to them. It's new and strange to them. So for someone to be Son of God to them meant the person claimed to be God.

Is Jesus God? Yes

Yahweh the father is all in all, Greater than all and God to all. There is none like him.

Bros, the Jews did not misinterpreted anything , why? Because they were very, very monotheistic ; and Jesus who claimed to be one with their God was violating that monotheistic belief of one God. And secondly , why would Jesus make such a provocative statement if He wasn't sure about Himself ? If Jesus was not God , he would not have uttered such ; He would have apologized immediately or corrected the notion that He was not God . But as it is, He did not hold His words back .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:
Shelumiel

Is Jesus God? Yes

Throughout the four gospels ( Matthew, Mark , Luke and John ), Jesus keeps talking about His Father . He talks so much about His Father , that one of His disciples (Philip ) is bold enough to to ask Jesus to show him the Father of whom He has spoken so much of . But what did Jesus say to him? Let us hear from the lips of Jesus : " Have I been with you so long , and yet you have not known Me , Philip? He who has seen me has SEEN the Father ; so how can you say ,' Show us the Father '?" (John 14:9). Now a question for you : if Jesus is not the Father(according to you ) , then why didn't He present the Father to the disciples ?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Bros, the Jews did not misinterpreted anything , why? Because they were very, very monotheistic ; and Jesus who claimed to be one with their God was violating that monotheistic belief of one God. And secondly , why would Jesus make such a provocative statement if He wasn't sure about Himself ? If Jesus was not God , he would not have uttered such ; He would have apologized immediately or corrected the notion that He was not God . But as it is, He did not hold His words back .

You are still in the same misconception.

Kindly replace "God" with "Yahweh" wherever it appears in your comment above and you will see your misconception.

You don't seem to apply the Word God correctly to it through meaning when parallel verses are drawn concerning God the father and Jesus the Son.

The Jewish creed or Shema as popularly called remains Dec. 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"

Or better yet "Hear O Israel: Yahweh our God is one Yahweh"

So the Jews were very well conversant with their monotheistic believe that hearing Jesus say "i and my Father are one" sounds strange and heretic to them. But this is what Jesus said again:

John 10:34:36
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

So you can see that Jesus is the Son of God the father. Just like it was revealed to Peter by the father in heaven that Jesus is the Son of God.

John the Baptist, bear this witness saying John 1:32-34

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Nathanael bears witness again John 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Matthew 17:5 "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

I can go on and on..

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Throughout the four gospels ( Matthew, Mark , Luke and John ), Jesus keeps talking about His Father . He talks so much about His Father , that one of His disciples (Philip ) is bold enough to to ask Jesus to show him the Father of whom He has spoken so much of . But what did Jesus say to him? Let us hear from the lips of Jesus : " Have I been with you so long , and yet you have not known Me , Philip? He who has seen me has SEEN the Father ; so how can you say ,' Show us the Father '?" (John 14:9). Now a question for you : if Jesus is not the Father(according to you ) , then why didn't He present the Father to the disciples ?

Yours is even worse, why ?

Since you believe Jesus is the Father, who said " this is my Son " when he was baptized , another Jesus ? grin
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
According to you(not me or the bible ) , the word "Godhead " means divine nature, abi Puhahaha...please reply .

Shut up there and cover your face.

Ignorance grin

Question: "What is the Godhead?"

Answer: The term Godhead is found three times in the King James Version: Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; and Colossians 2:9. In each of the three verses, a slightly different Greek word is used, but the definition of each is the same: “deity” or “divine nature.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Godhead.html
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

You are still in the same misconception.

Kindly replace "God" with "Yahweh" wherever it appears in your comment above and you will see your misconception.

You don't seem to apply the Word God correctly to it through meaning when parallel verses are drawn concerning God the father and Jesus the Son.

The Jewish creed or Shema as popularly called remains Dec. 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"

Or better yet "Hear O Israel: Yahweh our God is one Yahweh"

So the Jews were very well conversant with their monotheistic believe that hearing Jesus say "i and my Father are one" sounds strange and heretic to them. But this is what Jesus said again:

John 10:34:36
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

So you can see that Jesus is the Son of God the father. Just like it was revealed to Peter by the father in heaven that Jesus is the Son of God.

John the Baptist, bear this witness saying John 1:32-34

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Nathanael bears witness again John 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Matthew 17:5 "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

I can go on and on..
I asked you a question and you throwing answers that has no link to the question asked . This is laughable , as it shows that you are willing to delude yourself in your own illusions . Now , you are quoting a reported speech that did not come from Jesus Himself , but from those who gave their narrative from what they felt ( at that time ) was who Jesus was. The verse I quoted (John 14:9) are the explicit words of Jesus(because Jesus knew Himself better than anyone else ). That is , Him explaining Himself plainly to His disciples . It is only through the words of Jesus that we can establish who He really is .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2018
johnw47:

Father did, how am i exposed oh confused one?

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

life eternal is knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ, not just the only true God
Jesus was speaking while flesh, the Son of God,
the Word became flesh, but before he became flesh He was God
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

you lot are sure confused

If your mind has processed the bolded and realize the only true God is not Jesus . We won't have talk this much
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sorry to ask , but how did you pass your examinations in school? Let me guess : you read one page from your lecture note and went to write , abi? Mtchww... Daniel 2:46-47 "

Coming from an ignorant person who doesnt know what Godhead is. Is this not how you brag the other time ?

Let's examine what you are saying

46.Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him.47.
The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.” So you can see, that Daniel had a God ;

The point is Daniel accept worship. So get your facts right next time before you use worship as evidence.

Now the bold is extremely funny grin grin , And Jesus didn't have A God ?

Answer that please .

and this Babylonnian king could discern that. But why can't just like you discern that ?

Have you discern that Jesus have A God ?

Plus ,Revelation 3:9 is referring to a church not a disciple or individual like you so blantantly lie about . Reply

Ignorance

Church means people NOT building grin grin

Did they accept worship according to Rev 3 vs 9 or not ?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
Peacefullove:

Shut up there and cover your face.

Ignorance grin

Question: "What is the Godhead?"

Answer: The term Godhead is found three times in the King James Version: Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; and Colossians 2:9. In each of the three verses, a slightly different Greek word is used, but the definition of each is the same: “deity” or “divine nature.

The word Godhead is synonymous to divine nature,abi ?? Hahaha... your foolishness is deeper than I thought . Please me the name of the dictionary that define that rubbish to you ? Puhahaha...
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
The word Godhead is synonymous to divine nature,abi ?? Hahaha... your foolishness is deeper than I thought . Please me the name of the dictionary that define that rubbish to you ? Puhahaha...

Ignorant boy, I gave a link ... Check it . grin grin

A little Google search would have saved you this embarrassment. U keep making noise and am giving you evidences

Definition of godhead

1 : divine nature or essence

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/godhead
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
From what I've noticed, the problem is not that we have problem with English language. The problem is that, it is English language that have problem with us.

Follow me.

col 1:15; Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature
Look into your mirror. What do you see? Your image I guess. The above verse tells us that Christ is the image of the invisible God.
Now you're still looking at your image in the mirror, try performing any action like raising your hands, turning your back etc. How does your image react? It does exactly the same action you carried out right? That's what the Bible is trying to explain but we've all too understand English that we can't comprehend simply English. Anything that Go do is what Christ does. He is the image of God. God is invisible Christ is the image of this invisible Divine Being. Doesn't that tells you that Christ is God. The next verse will explain things clearer.

Heb 1:3; The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Here it says Christ is the exact representation of His being (exactly as God both in character and power) carrying all His (God's) glory (power)
If we remember clearly, the Bible says God will never share his glory with anybody. But here it says Christ carries God's glory. How is that possible if Christ isn't God.

The most powerful verse I can show to support my claim is;

1 Tim 3:16; And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Christ is God manifested in the flesh... seen of angels.
For the first time since their creation angels saw this invisible God when Christ was born. They've only felt his presence and seen his glory. They've never seen Him in person. That's why there were great multitude of angels to behold His birth in the manger . They came to witness the presence of God and they rejoiced greatly..
The angels, who beheld this amazing scene of God manifest in the flesh, were the first publishers to man the most important event they've ever witnessed.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
Peacefullove:

A little Google search would have saved you this embarrassment. U keep making noise and am giving you evidences

So one link , that has a religious bias , is proof of the word Godhead ,abi? Puhahahaha.... a fool you are indeed ! See , any idiot can post rubbish and display it on the net as truth. So my advice to you is this: come up with a definition that is universally accepted . grin
Peacefullove:

So one link , that has a religious bias , is proof of the word Godhead ,abi? Puhahahaha.... a fool you are indeed ! See , any idiot can post rubbish and display it on the net as truth. So my advice to you is this: come up with a definition that is universally accepted .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:
From what I've noticed, the problem is not that we have problem with English language. The problem is that, it is English language that have problem with us.

Follow me.

col 1:15; Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature
Look into your mirror. What do you see? Your image I guess. The above verse tells us that Christ is the image of the invisible God.
Now you're still looking at your image in the mirror, try performing any action like raising your hands, turning your back etc. How does your image react? It does exactly the same action you carried out right? That's what the Bible is trying to explain but we've all too understand English that we can't comprehend simply English. Anything that Go do is what Christ does. He is the image of God. God is invisible Christ is the image of this invisible Divine Being. Doesn't that tells you that Christ is God. The next verse will explain things clearer.

Heb 1:3; The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Here it says Christ is the exact representation of His being (exactly as God both in character and power) carrying all His (God's) glory (power)
If we remember clearly, the Bible says God will never share his glory with anybody. But here it says Christ carries God's glory. How is that possible if Christ isn't God.

1 Tim 3:16; And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
For the first time since their creation angels saw this invisible God when Christ was born. They've only felt his presence and seen his glory. They've never seen Him in person. That's why there were great multitude of angels to behold His birth in the manger . They came to witness the presence of God and they rejoiced greatly..
The angels, who beheld this amazing scene of God manifest in the flesh, were the first publishers to man the most important event they've ever witnessed.

Nice
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:

Nice question. We are beginning to head somewhere.

The bible has made us to understand that No one has in anytime seen God the father:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Hebrew 1:2-3
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"

2 Cor 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

What you should understand is that one of the main purpose of christ coming was to make the father known to us, that is to declare him unto man. Jesus took all what is of his father and showed or made it known to us. Everything is of the father. The proceeding verse of that John 14:9 you quoted even explained it more better and clearly by saying "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works 'sake." John 14:10-11

The bible also said that it pleased God the father to dwell in Christ fully

Col 1:19 "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"

Seeing Jesus is seeing God the father, this is the reason why Jesus said "He who has seen me has SEEN the Father"

Remember the father sent the son, Jesus did not send himself. He did nothing of his own accord but the will of the father who sent him.

Now let's go by your notion that says Jesus is the same person as the Father Yahweh...
can you kindly answer the question you asked earlier about who were the "us" in Genesis 1?

If in fact Jesus is Yahweh the father then your trinity doctrine will be left with one party missing out of the three as one logic. It will be Jesus or Yahweh and the Holy Spirit.

So who are the "Us" in Genesis 1?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
Peacefullove:

Yours is even worse, why ?

Since you believe Jesus is the Father, who said " this is my Son " when he was baptized , another Jesus ? grin
Answer the question first. Simple
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
So one link , that has a religious bias , is proof of the word Godhead ,abi? Puhahahaha.... a fool you are indeed ! See , any idiot can post rubbish and display it on the net as truth. So my advice to you is this: come up with a definition that is universally accepted . ;DSo one link , that has a religious bias , is proof of the word Godhead ,abi? Puhahahaha.... a fool you are indeed ! See , any idiot can post rubbish and display it on the net as truth. So my advice to you is this: come up with a definition that is universally accepted .

Na your type I like. Ignorant grin grin grin

Definition of godhead

1 : divine nature or essence

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/godhead
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
John 10:27 & 28; My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

In verse 29, Christ then said something about God. let's see what he said. 29. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all
; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

And then in verse 30 he cleared the doubts of the Pharisee and some on us here. Here's what He said. 30. I and my father are one.

After he said that the Pharisees picked up stones to stone him. They clearly understand what he meant. They even said it in verse 33. "we're not stoning you for any of these.. but for blasphemy. And they went ahead to say what the blasphemy was in the same verse 33. "because you a mere man, claim to be God.
If Jesus wasn't God, he would have rebuked them and explained what he meant but he said in verse 38... that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am I the Father.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Peacefullove: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:
John 10:27 & 28; My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

In verse 29, Christ then said something about God. let's see what he said. 29. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all

And then in verse 30 he cleared the doubts of the Pharisee and some on us here. Here's what He said. 30. I and my father are one.

After he said that the Pharisees picked up stones to stone him. They clearly understand what he meant. They even said it in verse 33. "we're not stoning you for any of these.. but for blasphemy. And they went ahead to say what the blasphemy was in the same verse 33. "because you a mere man, claim to be God.
If Jesus wasn't God, he would have rebuked them and explained what he meant but he said in verse 38... that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am I the Father.
Calm down

Ye are GODS, do you believe humans are GODS ?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Nice question. We are beginning to head somewhere.

The bible has made us to understand that No one has in anytime seen God the father:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Hebrew 1:2-3
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"

2 Cor 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

What you should understand is that one of the main purpose of christ coming was to make the father known to us, that is to declare him unto man. Jesus took all what is of his father and showed or made it known to us. Everything is of the father. The proceeding verse of that John 14:9 you quoted even explained it more better and clearly by saying "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works 'sake." John 14:10-11

The bible also said that it pleased God the father to dwell in Christ fully

Col 1:19 "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"

Seeing Jesus is seeing God the father, this is the reason why Jesus said "He who has seen me has SEEN the Father"

Remember the father sent the son, Jesus did not send himself. He did nothing of his own accord but the will of the father who sent him.

Now let's go by your notion that says Jesus is the same person as the Father Yahweh...
can you kindly answer the question you asked earlier about who were the "us" in Genesis 1?

If in fact Jesus is Yahweh the father then your trinity doctrine will be left with one party missing out of the three as one logic. It will be Jesus or Yahweh and the Holy Spirit.

So who are the "Us" in Genesis 1?

Great write up. But I must ask you my question too. Who created the world?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I asked you a question and you throwing answers that has no link to the question asked . This is laughable , as it shows that you are willing to delude yourself in your own illusions . Now , you are quoting a reported speech that did not come from Jesus Himself , but from those who gave their narrative from what they felt ( at that time ) was who Jesus was. The verse I quoted (John 14:9) are the explicit words of Jesus(because Jesus knew Himself better than anyone else ). That is , Him explaining Himself plainly to His disciples . It is only through the words of Jesus that we can establish who He really is .

Do you really listen to yourself and see how hypocritical you sound right now. You have been misquoting the bible since to support your false trinity doctrine. And all of a sudden the same bible verses I am quoting for you have lost their credence because it's not direct word from Jesus? Wow!

Can you show me where Jesus directly or explicitly said he is God the father?

If John 14:9 is Jesus explicit words how about John 14:10-11 I quoted to explain it?

How about John 10:36 where Jesus himself confirms to the Jews that he is the Son of God?

I ask you again, show me any explicit verse from Jesus saying he is God the father?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
God is an invisible being made manifest physically in Jesus Christ. In heaven you won't see God and the see Jesus Christ sitting at his side. What you will see is Jesus Christ only on the throne.

It pleases the invisible and blessed Father to dwell wholly in Christ Jesus who is his Word made flesh.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Great write up. But I must ask you my question too. Who created the world?

God the father created the World through the Son.

Hebrew 1:1-2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Here are more reference
1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

All is 'of' the father and all is 'by' the son

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It is not space science.

Shalom!
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
God is an invisible being made manifest physically in Jesus Christ. In heaven you won't see God and the see Jesus Christ sitting at his side. What you will see is Jesus Christ only on the throne.

It pleases the invisible and blessed Father to dwell wholly in Christ Jesus who is his Word made flesh.

You right, But the bible also said Christ is sitting at the right hand of power/God.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
Peacefullove:

Calm down

Ye are GODS, do you believe humans are GODS ?

Sir,
in verse 33, for you a mere man, claim to be God. Letter G was in capital letter. the translator uses capital G to signify Yahweh

34. is it not written in your law, i have said are you not gods. Here letter G is in lower case. It doesn't signify Yahweh.
thank you.

And to the person that said God should be replaced with Yahweh, I want to replace God with Yahweh in verse, 33. You a mere man claim to be Yahweh..
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

God the father created the World through the Son.

Hebrew 1:1-2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Here are more reference
1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

All is 'of' the father and all is 'by' the son

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It is not space science.

Shalom!

I want you to give me a definite answer. Who created the world?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

You right, But the bible also said Christ is sitting at the right hand of power/God.

Right hand means the place of authority and power.

The Father is not a physical Being that someone can sit at his right hand. Like I said, we will only see JESUS CHRIST. In Him the Father dwells and will dwell forever.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Follow me.

Nice analogy with the mirror and image. Now if I use a hammer to smash the image in the mirror what will happen? The image in the mirror crumbles down to the ground but the real person stand perfectly ok because he is the real thing.

Also don't forget the Trinity doctrine says father is separate person from the Son and son is separate person from the holy spirit, same way the holy spirit is separate person from the Father and the Son .

The conversation has been about the identity of the father and son since. Triniterians are yet to incorporate the holy spirit in their 3 in one doctrine.

May be you can help out.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Nice analogy with the mirror and image. Now if I use a hammer to smash the image in the mirror what will happen? The image in the mirror crumbles down to the ground but the real person stand perfectly ok because he is the real thing.

Also don't forget the Trinity doctrine says father is separate person from the Son and son is separate person from the holy spirit, same way the holy spirit is separate person from the Father and the Son .

The conversation has been about the identity of the father and son since. Triniterians are yet to incorporate the holy spirit in their 3 in one doctrine.

May be you can help out.

Great.

I wouldn't call myself a trinitarian per say. I'm a believer of Christ. And that's what I know..

And your illustration with using hammer to smash to mirror is flawed cos Christ cannot be separated from God.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Well done, but I see that you choose to jump verse 36 where he exclusively said "because I said I am the Son of God" and not "because I said I am God the father"

Stop misinterpreting Christ words like the Jews.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

I think one major problem we Christian have is that we don't know the difference between a figurative statement and a literal statement.

Christ sitting on the right hand of God is a figurative statement and not a literal one. There's no chair in heaven that God or Christ is sitting on. Just like when you say President buhari is sitting in Aso Rock. It doesn't mean he's is literally sitting in Aso rock. It means he's sitting in a place of authority as the president of Nigeria. Christ on he right hand of God that Christ sits on a place of authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Life Is More Meaningless With God / 2019 election: Archbishop of Lagos tells Nigerians candidates to vote / Presidency: Primate Ayodele Warns PDP Against Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.