Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How (1228 Views)

Should I Confront Her Or Shut Up And Keep Bleeping Her / Should I Confront Him Or Walk Away Quietly? / How To Confront A Cheating Spouse - Tips And Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2010
Re: How by AyoAina: 10:15am On Jun 16, 2010
You dont need towalk him out. just invite him for a one on one talk and make him see resons why two drivers can not drive a car at thesame time. if he's an african man, he already knows the rules.
Re: How by Spyker: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2010
Present the case like it happened in your office, tell him indirectly and let him be the judge. Turn it the other way round like your wife's friend is making passes at you, you have warned her but she keeps coming. Make sure you buy him beer or what ever drink he likes, feed him well before bringing up the issue. When you are done, ask him what he expects the woman to do. If he acts like it doesn't bother him, then confront him with it. "A broken friendship is better than a broken marriage". Quote me any time.
Re: How by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2010
Just passing
Re: How by martin4ep(m): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
agree with poster @ Ayo Aina
Re: How by SkySpirit(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
Ayo Aina:

You dont need towalk him out. just invite him for a one on one talk and make him see resons why two drivers can not drive a car at thesame time. if he's an african man, he already knows the rules.

Spyker:

Present the case like it happened in your office, tell him indirectly and let him be the judge. Turn it the other way round like your wife's friend is making passes at you, you have warned her but she keeps coming. Make sure you buy him beer or what ever drink he likes, feed him well before bringing up the issue. When you are done, ask him what he expects the woman to do. If he acts like it doesn't bother him, then confront him with it. "A broken friendship is better than a broken marriage". Quote me any time.

On these I also stand!
Re: How by Godmother(f): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2010
Spyker:

This is a great advice and while you are on it, keep your fiancee far from this randy friend of yours
Re: How by Africanqueen2(f): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
Spyker:

Go wit this. . . If not dat u want a civilised settlement I would ve said punch him in the face and throw his dirty ass in the street. . . But then. . . Just stick to the above quote its like how the profet presented a case to david when he slept wit anothers mans wife. . . Its the best so far. . .
Re: How by Mudley313: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
with friends like these you dont need enemies

i'd have to disagree with the previous posters. this individual is not a friend. just cut him off from your lives if you're the nice type, and if you're the no-bullsh*tter, hand him a sever beating as a good bye parting gift for disrespecting you, your fiancee and your future marriage
Re: How by MissyB1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
Man!! What a creature!!!  sad

kamura:

It is obviously true that money and women can break up a childhood relationship,
True!!!

Spyker:

Give this a thought! Henceforth . . .  be very careful about this 'Friend' . . .Trust him not.
Re: How by bigfather(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'll make passes at his wife too ! Tit for tat
Re: How by chiozor: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2010
does it mean that Women have no reasoning of what they want? I mean without a man trying to shield her away, can she not say no, I am your friend's fiancee. undecided
Re: How by Onchedu(m): 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2010
chiozor:

does it mean that Women have no reasoning of what they want? I mean without a man trying to shield her away, can she not say no, I am your friend's fiancee. undecided

Even if she does say "No, I'm ur friends fiancee, " sometimes some of them girls end the sentence with unspoken words Ur expected to figure out, like

", but if U can convince me more I just myt get with U."

", but if anything happens between us can u keep it secret?"

", but who knows?"

When a girl is truly committed she hardly is ever nice about turning down another guy irrespective of who he is. It's so obvious with such ladies sometimes before U even say "hi" that U just know it before U even think of saying more. I'm not talking about being all over the guy. I mean even if the guy went outer space for a week, she'd still be evidently off the market.

Girls these days get as dem be sha. Most of them they behave like wicked boys. Makes me wonder why when a girl decides to behave like a boy she never chooses to behave like a good boy.
Re: How by Africanqueen2(f): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
chiozor:

Onchedu:

Even if she does say "No, I'm your friends fiancee, " sometimes some of them girls end the sentence with unspoken words your expected to figure out, like

", but who knows?"

When a girl is truly committed she hardly is ever nice about turning down another guy irrespective of who he is. It's so obvious with such ladies sometimes before U even say "hi" that U just know it before U even think of saying more. I'm not talking about being all over the guy. I mean even if the guy went outer space for a week, she'd still be evidently off the market.

Girls these days get as dem be sha. Most of them they behave like wicked boys. Makes me wonder why when a girl decides to behave like a boy she never chooses to behave like a good boy.
What re u guys trying to say? That she did wrong by telling her fiance? She should've just said no and let it be? Remember most guys don't take No for an answer. . . They won't stop till they get their way.
Re: How by Africanqueen2(f): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2010
chiozor:

Onchedu:

Even if she does say "No, I'm your friends fiancee, " sometimes some of them girls end the sentence with unspoken words your expected to figure out, like

", but who knows?"

What re u guys trying to say? That she did wrong by telling her fiance? She should've just said no and let it be? Remember most guys don't take No for an answer. . . They won't stop till they get their way.
Re: How by chiozor: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
what do you mean get their way so if a man continue to pester you, you will give the criteria is not what you want but how long the pestering has taken
Re: How by luap: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2010
Just tell him or let him know your the jealouse type and don't want him to make any moves on the fiance. Also make sure your fiance knows to never be caught alone with he friend.
Re: How by Onchedu(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
African_queen:

So who taught men not to stop when a girl says no f not another girl that he listend to when he said no only to hear later that she expected him to persist cos she didnt want to feel cheap and wanted to know that he really wanted her. Let me tell U ehn, sometimes us guys don't do more than lip service, funny thing is it pays off cos the girl eventually puts ideas into Ur head and wont stop till she's gotten what she wants.
Re: How by Onchedu(m): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
At least she told the dude. the friend has deniability. Some men would go after anything in skirts and wont stop till dey get what they are looking for. Good thing is she proved herself to be more than just something in a skirt.
Re: How by Africanqueen2(f): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2010
Onchedu:

So who taught men not to stop when a girl says no f not another girl that he listend to when he said no only to hear later that she expected him to persist cos she didnt want to feel cheap and wanted to know that he really wanted her. Let me tell U ehn, sometimes us guys don't do more than lip service, funny thing is it pays off cos the girl eventually puts ideas into your head and wont stop till she's gotten what she wants.
Not all girls are like that. . . Some No means No. . . But guys mistake it for playing hard. . . Atleast this girl proves that not all girls fall for a guys charm by telling her fiance. . . Keeping it a secret will make her look guilty when it finally blows. . .
Re: How by harakiri(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Post

I had a friend like that who i cut off from my life recently.He is someone i have known for almost a decade.We parted ways in 2006 due to something bad he did to me and got back as best buddies in 2008 due to my mom's death.At this time, i was already in a relationship with my woman at present and i saw the way the dude looked at her even in my presence.Even my woman complained so many times about his uncomfortable stares, unnecessary conversations and his relentless attempt to get "friendly" with her.It was so bad that i couldn't risk leaving him alone with her for more than 10 mins.It was really really tense. At some point, me and this dude i called my "friend" were out drinking and he started by telling me that i shouldn't be focused on anything long term with a woman right now, bla bla bla and concluded by telling me that i shouldn't be too concerned if my woman ends up sleeping with another man coz women come and go ! ! ! Imagine that.At this juncture, i knew he was indirectly trying to let me know his mind and i began the "cut off" process.

@Poster

Since he's an old friend yours, cut him off slowly.If he proves stubborn, then spell it out to him.Such people are nothing but bad news and someone who's mind is so wicked to the extent of desiring to sleep with the woman you are engaged to. . .can do anything.Watch out for whatever business transactions you have done with him and don't be surprised if he has cheated you on all corners.I know his type.They come a dime a dozen.

Good luck!
Re: How by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2010
harakiri:

@Post

I had a friend like that who i cut off from my life recently.He is someone i have known for almost a decade.We parted ways in 2006 due to something bad he did to me and got back as best buddies in 2008 due to my mom's death.At this time, i was already in a relationship with my woman at present and i saw the way the dude looked at her even in my presence.Even my woman complained so many times about his uncomfortable stares, unnecessary conversations and his relentless attempt to get "friendly" with her.It was so bad that i couldn't risk leaving him alone with her for more than 10 mins.It was really really tense. At some point, me and this dude i called my "friend" were out drinking and he started by telling me that i shouldn't be focused on anything long term with a woman right now, bla bla bla and concluded by telling me that i shouldn't be too concerned if my woman ends up sleeping with another man coz women come and go ! ! ! Imagine that.At this juncture, i knew he was indirectly trying to let me know his mind and i began the "cut off" process.

@Poster

Since he's an old friend yours, cut him off slowly.If he proves stubborn, then spell it out to him.Such people are nothing but bad news and someone who's mind is so wicked to the extent of desiring to sleep with the woman you are engaged to. . .can do anything.Watch out for whatever business transactions you have done with him and don't be surprised if he has cheated you on all corners.I know his type.They come a dime a dozen.

Good luck!

U need to see the way he stares at her when she walks by, even in my presence,

He does not even know that i am aware of what he did,

Just this morning, when i was driving down to my office, he made a comment, asking if my fiancee had complained to be about he bringing into the house, his business customers. That he notice my attitude has changed. That i go to bed early, with less conversation. ( I guess he is psyching me to open up, if i have been told)

For crying out loud, How could he be that stupid, to think that i wld tell him what my fiancee told me.

I told him, 'we shall have a chat when i get back home today'.

I think its the right time, to straighten issues with him,

Tell him,

1. That i have noticed the way he stares at my fiancee, and i don't like it.
2. That i could kill him, or anybody that makes advances or try to come in between.
3. That he should give her more respect that he ever accorded to me.
4. That our friendship would end, anytime, any day, he goes contrary to all this, that nobody/nothing comes close to her, not even my mum

What do y'all think?
Re: How by chiozor: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2010
my take is this, without the men, can the woman not know what to do if the man approaches the women, can she say no and that is NO. I fail to understand this each time, doest it mean women donot think or what undecided pifff
Re: How by Onchedu(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2010
African_queen:

Not all girls are like that. . . Some No means No. . . But guys mistake it for playing hard. . . Atleast this girl proves that not all girls fall for a guys charm by telling her fiance. . . Keeping it a secret will make her look guilty when it finally blows. . .

True; however when Ur saying no and Ur attitude is saying maybe then it can be concluded that within U somewhere, there is a yes.

There is no law, written or unwritten that says a girl must be polite in turning down a guy. There is a time for everything. Unless the guy has psychological issues, we generally are known to go where we are welcome when it's good we seek.

Guys sha need to start taking no for no and girls have to start meaning no when they mean no, by mind body and soul. If the three of U agree there can be no wrong message communicated to the world outside.
Re: How by 190: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2010
jeez some men!~
Re: How by fubiluv: 11:19am On Jun 17, 2010
You have said it all.
I think you should let him know that you cant share your wife in any way.
(By looking lustfully,touching, even unnecessary gisting etc )
Also such a person should not be your friend and needs to be cut off.
Be wise!!!
Re: How by Onchedu(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2010
Word
Re: How by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2010
ROTFLMAO grin

MEN!!!
Re: How by Africanqueen2(f): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2010
Onchedu:

True; however when your saying no and your attitude is saying maybe then it can be concluded that within U somewhere, there is a yes.

There is no law, written or unwritten that says a girl must be polite in turning down a guy. There is a time for everything. Unless the guy has psychological issues, we generally are known to go where we are welcome when it's good we seek.

Guys sha need to start taking no for no and girls have to start meaning no when they mean no, by mind body and soul. If the three of U agree there can be no wrong message communicated to the world outside.
True. . .
kamura:

U need to see the way he stares at her when she walks by, even in my presence,

He does not even know that i am aware of what he did,

Just this morning, when i was driving down to my office,  he made a comment, asking if my fiancee had complained to be about he bringing into the house, his business customers. That he notice my attitude has changed. That i go to bed early, with less conversation. ( I guess he is psyching me to open up, if i have been told)

For crying out loud, How could he be that silly, to think that i wld tell him what my fiancee told me.

I told him, 'we shall have a chat when i get back home today'.

I think its the right time, to straighten issues with him,

Tell him,

1.  That i have noticed the way he stares at my fiancee, and i don't like it.
2.  That i could kill him, or anybody that makes advances or try to come in between.
3.  That he should give her more respect that he ever accorded to me.
4.  That our friendship would end, anytime, any day, he goes contrary to all this, that nobody/nothing comes close to her, not even my mum

What do y'all think?

You've said it all. . .
Re: How by kpolli(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
let him know he has sisters
Re: How by 190: 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
kpolli is always rite

(1) (Reply)

How Do You End A Relationship That Has Gone Sour? / . / --

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.