Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,902 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. (978 Views)

Why I No Longer Ask For A Lady's Number. / I No Longer See Them Around / I No Fit Shout (18+pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Carolece(f): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2010
Ok, so I am going to fess up that I'm peeking on alot of the pictures that some of the members post here on their profiles. Some of yall are what I'd call not cute, very unique, or what some may just flatly call ugly grin

In my past, I'd never look at a guy who in my eyes is not a cutie, but as I got older, I learn that cuteness is very overated, hence, I learnt how to see someone from the inside and stop looking on the out. My most recent ex is one of those, as most of my friends would frequently question and compare both of us in looks and ask why I choose him.

Have you ever seen past someone's uniqueness and love them with all your heart because you no longer see what everyone else sees?
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Pweety4me(f): 4:59am On Jun 22, 2010
Is 'Uniqueness' a replacement for d word ugly/wowo? undecided grin tongue
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by topup: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2010
Yes, looks are uncertain and they change, you've seen those makeover shows, is it not the same man/woman, just with different clothes etc.

Yes there are some people who look pretty much the same before and after, but to be honest, if you pick a man with a good character, you won't be complaining of his looks 20 years into your marriage.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Carolece(f): 5:05am On Jun 22, 2010
topup:

Yes, looks are uncertain and they change, you've seen those makeover shows, is it not the same man/woman, just with different clothes etc.

Yes there are some people who look pretty much the same before and after, but to be honest, if you pick a man with a good character, you won't be complaining of his looks 20 years into your marriage.

Exactly what I am saying. You see them for who they are and not how they look. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. He's cute when you behold his heart and he behold yours. Nice uh?!
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Pweety4me(f): 5:09am On Jun 22, 2010
'Mi o le somo ti o fine' cool grin
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by femmy2010(m): 5:50am On Jun 22, 2010
I believe we should learn to appreciate the innermost being.Handsome and beautiful can be most deceptive.all the same,God help us.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by madlady(f): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2010
Pweety4me:

'Mi o le somo ti o fine' cool grin

What's this baby-sis

I must admit I do appreciated good looks in a guy but, good behaviour and a kind heart mean more to me.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Pweety4me(f): 6:55am On Jun 22, 2010
^It's a slang sayingg i can't date a person who no fine.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by madlady(f): 6:57am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^Cool runnings. grin cool kiss
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Acidosis(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

My most recent ex
This should be the body
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Onchedu(m): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2010
The girl I've been closest too was "off point" in looks from my dreamy fantasy girl. She had a pretty face and her proportions were ok for her height and weight. That was all. No nice round prominent bum, not dark and provocative colour; Eyes weren't slit cut, and she wasn't all that tall; but I thot she was perfect cos she was my friend before being my girl and we shared everything and had peace.

I've met other girls I wouldn't say were "Oh My Goodness" in looks, and have see that I could date them if things worked out, and I've met girls that were "ALL THAT" but never made it to the 'date-able' list cos they probably were grossly lacking in character or just were not looking for what I was in a relationship or just were not interesting enough to keep me in pursuit or outrightly didn't think of me as their kinda guy.

Point is, sometimes it's good to be flexible. The 'must have's' sometimes end up been guide lines to draw us to the niche where we myt find the best thing or the next best thing. Good to pay attention to our corporeal ideals that are temporal in substance while seeking the real.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Onchedu(m): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2010
With a the typos there I hope I still communicated effectively?
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Areaboy2(m): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2010
Onchedu:

With a the typos there I hope I still communicated effectively?

use the "modify" tab and edit them undecided. use spell correct function if u have any queries. or just yank out ur dictionary
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Onchedu(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2010
Thanks. Noticed that shortly after I had posted. wink
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by iice(f): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2010
Pweety4me:

Is 'Uniqueness' a replacement for d word ugly/wowo? undecided grin tongue

I tire ooo undecided

@Topic
I associate uniqueness with character not looks. I've always been a character person. Yes sometimes they are cute but that's just a bonus and not really necessarily. Nothing like a cute face with a wasteland behind the eyes.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2010
Goes both wayz. Same 4 ladies 2.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Faher(m): 2:26am On Jun 23, 2010
As they grow older, they get wiser cheesy
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Pweety4me(f): 2:35am On Jun 23, 2010
iice:

I tire ooo undecided

@Topic
I associate uniqueness with character not looks. I've always been a character person. Yes sometimes they are cute but that's just a bonus and not really necessarily. Nothing like a cute face with a wasteland behind the eyes.

Wat's dat? cheesy
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by omohwunmmy: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
Character takes all. Being cute is just a bonus. I love bonuses. Dont like pretty package with rotten content.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Moralistli(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
only one of it's kind, distinctive, exceptional, exclusive. Whatever; however u understand d word uniqueness, it shouldn't be a watchworld because of d singular fact dat ''they all look bright until they speak''

@ poster;
i'm well pleased with d fact that u look at it other-wise as u grow up.

The right attitude speaks for every other attrributes.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by Moralistli(m): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ y'all gals;

Don't embrace 100% compatibility if you cherish and crave what will survive the test of time.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by follypimpi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
I am sorry you just have to be above average in my books.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by chiogo(f): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
Looking unique?? Really don't know about that.  undecided

I have to find him attractive. And the good thing about that is that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". And yes, what some deem as beauty may be downright ugly to another. At the end of the day, it's the way YOU(who's actually gonna be in the relationship) feel about the person in question, that really matters. I don't think viewing him/her as 'unique' is a healthy way to start a relationship. That's like, "Oh you're really not up to my level but I'll manage". S(he) should be attractive to YOU, even if other people don't see their attractiveness.
Re: After A While I No Longer See His Uniqueness. by vivaladiva(f): 5:17am On Jun 25, 2010
can date monkey
but not having baby with monkey
my baby daddy fine
my own daddy well fine 2
but my daddy not very nice
hope baby not be like own daddy

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Equation, Solve This Question. / He Wants Her Back By Force. / Are Married Men Not Right To Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.