Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl (41402 Views)

Ex-Boyfriend Scatters Traditional Marriage Of Ex Lover In Akwa Ibom, Demands 22M / Zambian Slay Queen's Nude Photos Leaked Online After Sending To European Lover / Zambian Man Caught Having Sex With Married Pregnant Woman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by BoneBlogger(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
A community was shocked when officials swung into action to stop a marriage ceremony of a 15-year-old girl.

The wedding which was about to hold yesterday in Mumbwa district, Zambia, was stopped when World Vision officials and various stakeholders stormed the venue. 

According to world vision they say the named girl was too young for marriage adding that they are going to sponsor the girl to school.

World Vision Zambia is on crusade to protect young girls from early marriages in the country.

However the man who was scheduled to marry a the teenage girl complained that the organisation has put him in depression after stopping their marriage ceremony.

The 26 Year old said it was unfair for the organisation to treat him in such a way of humiliating him in public and bringing the police along as if he was a criminal.

The marriage ceremony has since been cancelled.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/officials-stop-marriage-ceremony-of-a-15-year-old-girl-in-zambia.html

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
Kudos, World Vision Zambia.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
this one now child abuse now... the kpetus never mature now, wtin the man want use open the kpetus?? engine oil abi groundnut oil... but some teens kpetus now ocean o, if you mumu u go just drown

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by dollytino4real(f): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
See level of poverty, see guest sitting on ground

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Custaqueen(f): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
I wonder if God would ever forgive us for what we have done to each other undecided undecided

Meanwhile I would really appreciate it if you all check my signature cry
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by exporters101: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
Very good! We need them in the North

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by naijaguy123456(m): 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
The husband to be must have gathered a gallon of vaseline for the wedding night, saying to himself tonight is the night, imust enjoy my 15 year old bride. I can't imagine the disappointment look on his face that night.

Child marriage is evil, no child deserve it.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Radicalface: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
Again it coming from Zambia..
our brothers with different father..
issit their marriage

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by EmekaBlue(m): 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
Village
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by kuntash: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thorhammer:
this one now child abuse now... the kpetus never mature now, wtin the man want use open the kpetus?? engine oil abi groundnut oil... but some teens kpetus now ocean o, if you mumu u go just drown

You made sense in the begining but lacked the capacity to follow it thru

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by MicheyJ1: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
sad
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by loomer: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
na beat them go beat the officials for North

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Sultty(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
There is still hope for Africa in stopping teenage and adolescent marriages to these paedophiles unlike some certain people in naija who still indulge in this practice angry

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Unbreakable007: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
Enemies of progress.
intruders.
Early marriage is the best.

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Rexnegro(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
hmmm different Tory everywhere
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Edu3Again: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by foolbuster: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
A president like buhari will be wondering what the hell is wrong with the government of that country, disrupting a peaceful marriage like that. grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Edu3Again: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2018
If na Nija now, one section of the country go dey rejoice.
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Macon1212: 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
World vision Nigeria should be established and put it capital in Kano, so that underage marriage girls should be stopped

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Walexz02(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
Custaqueen:
I wonder if God would ever forgive us for what we have done to each other undecided undecided

Meanwhile I would really appreciate it if you all check my signature cry
What can you offer?
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is the foundation of islam you know. The religion is against modern day rules. During the Abrahaimovic period, this is not wrong. Buh in our modern day.....

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by dPriv: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Funny people.

US used iPhone6 64gb
in Ilorin

Check signature below.
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by notoriousbabe: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
Useless people. They made invited guests to miss jollof rice
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
They put you in Depression for stopping your illegal marriage? eehn !

They should have put you in Detention.

so that your parents can die of Hypertension

nonsense!

Abi you have any point of Correction?

Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by ekaette1621: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin Bubu. must hear this
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nice move not NAIJA that anything goes
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by Pavore9: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
A good one.
Re: Zambian Officials Storm Wedding Ceremony To Stop Marriage Of 15-Year-Old Girl by lonelydora: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nigerians should learn, especially those Northern Alhajis.

Lady Who Refused To Forgive Ex-boyfriend Till He Died 'cos Of Pride Shares Story / I Always Frown & Squeeze My Face When I Go Out / Groom Cancels Wedding, Demands For Refund After Discovering Bride Has 2 Kids