Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,569 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ (78873 Views)

Poll: Wut's The Most Fav. Thing U Like About The 60's,70's & 80's Era?

Hairstyle: 18% (14 votes)
Clothes: 24% (18 votes)
Music: 24% (18 votes)
Make-up: 0% (0 votes)
Shoes: 17% (13 votes)
Accessories: 14% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / Fashion Trends That Rocked 2014 / Weird Fashion Trends From History (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Love how the Chloe sock is worn. . The Hermes Sock Goes purrfect w/ the shoes. . .

~Averting my eyes from the socks to the Wedges!!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by ikamefa(f): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
nahh not a fan of these socks trends

looks juvvy to me  undecided
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Ha! Reminds of the dayz I use to sulk b/c my Mam still thought it was Cool to wear sock w/ my party Dresses & i hated it so much! Who wud have thunk!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by chika98: 3:40am On Jan 13, 2010
I rock socks with my booties or some military style boots. Tres cute! I so love that socks are coming back.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:48am On Jan 13, 2010
where was i when the rock chick ish was going on?

oh money come to me i need to spend you on some fuyyyne things i been seeing
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:49am On Jan 13, 2010
~Good Q! Where have you been hiding?

Amen!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:52am On Jan 13, 2010
my blog took over my life tongue
oh and assignments angry
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:57am On Jan 13, 2010
~Aah. . .You have to put in the graft. . .Good Luck w/ the assignments. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:58am On Jan 13, 2010
thanks, smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2010
bluespice:

where was i when the rock chick ish was going on?

@mohawkchic, I wonder if you can give me some styling tips. A page back we spoke about my mum's leather trousers, well I have found a trove of the leather stuff at her place, not sure i should call them treasure or trash. All very soft leather so I can alter if this leather rival thing is doable undecided undecided.

She's got a really long,almost floor length black skirt, a black leather basket weave effect fitted short jacket, I Iike these just for cas wear, but how would I wear, all together with black boots (mafia stylee undecided undecided) or what. They can all be made to fit me very tightly, which is what I want.
I can post them if you need to look kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
omg mad lady! pair the floor length leather skirt with platform boots (punk style) tongue
okay im kidding but if u alter the length and the size, the leather skirt is def going to be good
shoot if i wore skirts that were anything close to my knee i might have one or two leather skirts by now
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 12:22am On Jan 14, 2010
grin grin grin

@bluespice, just not feeling the knee length leather shirt.I saw a few in her wardrobe but discounted them. kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:05am On Jan 14, 2010
mini? tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 3:20am On Jan 14, 2010
bluespice:

mini? tongue

Me? tongue tongue tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 3:35am On Jan 14, 2010
with tights cheesy
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 7:11am On Jan 14, 2010
bluespice:

with tights cheesy

TOO TALL, I will be too obvious embarassed kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:48am On Jan 16, 2010
madlady:

@mohawkchic, I wonder if you can give me some styling tips. A page back we spoke about my mum's leather trousers, well I have found a trove of the leather stuff at her place, not sure i should call them treasure or trash. All very soft leather so I can alter if this leather rival thing is doable undecided undecided.

She's got a really long,almost floor length black skirt, a black leather basket weave effect fitted short jacket, I Iike these just for cas wear, but how would I wear, all together with black boots (mafia stylee undecided undecided) or what. They can all be made to fit me very tightly, which is what I want.
I can post them if you need to look kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

~Hey ML. . .Wud love to see pics. . .

~I've got a couple of suggestions & a question. . .You can dress down & Glam both items together or on their own depending on what you pair it with. . .

~BTW how wud you describe your Sense of Style? You'd forgive me if you find my suggestions SoOo-not-your-style. . . Usually all it takes regardless of one's personal style,is the right ensemble,accessories. . . .

~Having read how you feel about Midi,Knee length. . i'll suggest Calf Length High Waist A-line Pencil shape. . . that is if you are comfy in that style,i'm sure You'll Rock whatever alterations you make. . .

~You Cud Rock this look w/ White Tank top & Weave Effect fitted Jacket,Boots for Casual Chic Look. .

~Transform it w/ Quater length/Sleeveless Shirt/Top,Thin Spaggetti/"Abortion" Belt
[img]http://2.bp..com/_FplyOJ_CrsU/SWV1rILqK9I/AAAAAAAAGEE/QUI5OoVdfFw/s400/not_ciara.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_2J0zHNa4gDo/R2SITKWHE4I/AAAAAAAABzk/od-4QohQm0c/s400/32189_haydenpcelebutopia4_122_27lo.jpg[/img]

~Not digging the Metalic Top combo. . .but giving you an idea of how you cud work the glam look w/ leather skirt

~I'm sure you'll find something that goes w/ the Jacket. . might serve a better purpose on chilly summer nights out perhaps?. . .Seein how its too cold to wear on its own. . .Will toy w/ other ideas when you post pic. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@mohawkchic, a BIG THANK YOU.

One thing I will say, my mother's wardrobe really taught me a lesson, buying too many clothes is NEARLY A CRIME.

I love the 1st combination,  I have loads of tanks, so that means no spending needed to do that look.GREAT.

2nd combination,I did not even think about putting shirts with leather,that means i may even use one of her slim knee high skirts with my shirts,great for work.Fantastic,will save me bucks.

I love the almost on the floor shirt,  is the length wearable now with chunky long boots? ( cas for the day)

I have also found out that the real 80s stuff fit differently from the 80s inspired clothes, but I can alter all myself (spent half my 20s doing evening classes of one sort or the other)

I have shown the jacket with a silly belt, but that was all i could find (sold off all of mine on ebay) so if  the jacket is wearable i will need to make it small at the waist.

I have shown the pants with a side on view so that you can see that the shapes more rounded on the hips, and they are not tight enough,I will alter.

I have shown the skirt with the boots i would like to wear it with,or should I wear with a more fitted style of boot (i have a few pairs )the skirts too big but I will alter.

Can I wear the leather pants inside the heavy boots or will it be too much?

Ok my style's really paired down, I am large busted and narrow on the bottom half, so I prefer the simple look to the sexy,hate looking too glam, unless I really have to. kiss kiss kiss

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 9:02am On Jan 16, 2010
Madlady, please post photos of your find. It might help with suggestions. smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2010
@spikedcylinder, thanks smiley smiley. She's got loads more but I am at work now, I will post more if you need when I get back to her place.

I think you get the idea of the stuff, she's got floor length leather coats as well but not sure about those.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2010
http://culturecynic..com/

I love the way that girl mixes and matches with cheap clothes. You might want to check her out. smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by chika98: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2010
LOL that's my girl. My personal person right there. She's amazing
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:25am On Jan 17, 2010
madlady:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@mohawkchic, a BIG THANK YOU.

~No Woories. . . You've actually inspired me to want to try other  Leather apparels other than the Jacket! Dresses to be precise. . Now that wa son my list of "Things-I-Wont-Be-Caught-Wearing!" I've seen some really gorgeous ones while searching for pics for you. . .

madlady:

One thing I will say, my mother's wardrobe really taught me a lesson, buying too many clothes is NEARLY A CRIME.

~You can say that again!! I've had a few reflective moments. . but that's all it was "Moments". . very brief ones at that! I always say you only Live Once!!If all the top priorities are sorted & i can afford to spoil  myself silly Why Not!! At least you're able to revamped your finds. . I've got a son who wont be interested in all the junk i'm collecting!!

madlady:

I love the 1st combination,  I have loads of tanks, so that means no spending needed to do that look.GREAT.

2nd combination,I did not even think about putting shirts with leather,that means i may even use one of her slim knee high skirts with my shirts,great for work.Fantastic,will save me bucks.

I love the almost on the floor shirt,  is the length wearable now with chunky long boots? ( cas for the day)

~Glad you found some of the  pairing ideas helpful & will be doing your own combo's at no cost on the pocket!

~I think the cut of the skirt determines if you can get away w/ wearing long boots underneath. . if it's got a flare cut then yeah you can. . however if its more A-line fit. . there's a tendency for the boot to give an almost clumpy effect where it cuts off on the knee. . .Pic of the skirt seem to only load past the hanger so i cudnt tell the cut. . .  

madlady:

I have also found out that the real 80s stuff fit differently from the 80s inspired clothes, but I can alter all myself (spent half my 20s doing evening classes of one sort or the other)

I have shown the jacket with a silly belt, but that was all i could find (sold off all of mine on ebay) so if  the jacket is wearable i will need to make it small at the waist.

~You get to  rummage thro your Mam's stuff & make  the clothes hip again!! Lucky You! On picking up a few nips & tucks. . .

~I Love the Jacket!!Be sure to post pics after your alterations. . .

madlady:

Can I wear the leather pants inside the heavy boots or will it be too much?

~It wud be a shame to cover up the Croc boots. . but i aint too sure if it will be much. .you ought to try it & see how it works. . only way i think you'll pull it off is if you use a hip belt on it. . w/ a shirt tucked in. . The image of Riding a horse gear suddenly pops in my head. . . .

madlady:

Ok my style's really paired down, I am large busted and narrow on the bottom half, so I prefer the simple look to the sexy,hate looking too glam, unless I really have to. kiss kiss kiss

~Aaah. . .Plus of chics who only do the Glam once in a while is it's like a totally different person compared to having to slap on the glam on a daily basic. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:36am On Jan 17, 2010
wow!  i like i really like some of the things she sports
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 1:38am On Jan 17, 2010
^^^^ She's cool, yea?
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:40am On Jan 17, 2010
cool? i've just gone on google to search for thrift and vintage stores in london tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 1:47am On Jan 17, 2010
You'd surprised at what you'd find in some of those 5 pound stores.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:01am On Jan 17, 2010
i'll dedicate next weekend to do that
i'll probably go to camden lock tomorrow
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:04am On Jan 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I love the way that girl mixes and matches with cheap clothes. You might want to check her out. smiley

~Love how she accessorizes. . my 4 fav look so far will be the  80's intage Dress,Vintage Sweater Top,The Scarf & The Grace Element trousers i Love,got a few. .Love that it drags. . only down-side is,the cuff of the feet never gets cleaned properly. . .

~Will have a proper browse thro her other Lookbooks l8r. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:30am On Jan 17, 2010
~Kylie Monogue wearing a clinging leather dress.

~Kate Moss wearing a leather mini dressI fell in love with This!

~Victoria beckham. . Someone feed this woman Phuleeeze!!

~ Katy Perry expressed her love to leather. Wearing a dress with a leather bustier
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:39am On Jan 17, 2010
oh my i love katy perry's
ewww @ posh she's just a sack of bones and saline implants in gorgeous shoes
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:43am On Jan 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

oh my! i love her snood!
ahhh im cupping one for myself
see, the men's section is not bad to buy stuff from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Checkout What A Wedding Guest Wore For The Event Today (Pics/Video) / Photo: How Can She Put On This On Her Wedding Day Nitori Olorun!!! / Stephanie Agbasi's Miss Universe Costume Gets Her Slammed By Nigerians (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.