Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (41673 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Ebullience(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki is considering running against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Saraki, who had earlier hinted at running for the highest office in the land, told Bloomberg in an interview that he had been consulting widely.

In the last one week, the senate President has visited ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and former military President Ibrahim Babangida.

Saraki said he would need to win the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to actualise his objective of leading the country.

He defected to the PDP from the All Progressives Congress (APC) two weeks ago.

The senate president accused the APC of not managing its victory well, saying his new party could make a difference.

“I am consulting and actively considering it… I believe I can make the change,” he was quoted to have said.

“The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory.

“While negotiating with the PDP, we listed a number of issues. We talked about how to sustain and improve the fight against corruption; the issue of providing more powers to the states; inclusion and having a more nationalistic approach on things we do; to continue to improve the environment that will ensure investments. We listed a number of items during the discussions with the PDP, and there is a written agreement to that. We trust that we can hold them to that.

“We would ensure that the party is strong on security. The APC too have not done well on the issue of security. We have the opportunity with the right kind of presidential candidate and president to provide the leadership for the party. The party has a good opportunity to lead the country in the right direction.”

He also spoke of the Department of State Services (DSS) blockade of the national assembly, wondering what would happen during the elections.

“If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned… we should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections,” Saraki said.

“There has been a persistent disregard for due process and a lack of neutrality for some of these issues. For you to have credible elections, you must have safe elections. Security agencies are actively getting involved in the politics.

“The fundamentals of whatever we are going to develop is going to be based on sound democracy, credible elections, freedom of choice of Nigerians. If we don’t have that as a foundation, then everything else cannot happen.”

Saraki also alleged that investors have lost confidence in the Buhari government, criticising the current administration’s handling of fuel subsidy.

“Most of the inflows that have come in are merely hot money, and that is because the oil price has gone up,” he said.

“Investment in the real sector is not seen. The private sector, in my view, has probably taken a position that the confidence is not there in the government. The country requires a government that is truly pro-business, and a president that sees himself as a chief marketing officer.

“If we are going to have a subsidy, we should have a budget for subsidy. Because once we have a budget for it, the private sector can also play a role in the importation of petroleum products. And if the private sector plays a role, definitely the cost of the subsidy will go down and there will be more efficiency in the delivery of products. But in the environment we are in today, where it’s only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that’s doing that, it’s going to be inefficient, it’s not going to be transparent.”

https://www.thecable.ng/believe-can-make-change-saraki-considering-running-buhari/

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Butterflyleo: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
Somebody should please beg saraki to come and contest against PMB. grin

The way he will be beaten blue black, nobody will tell him

But of course the LMC (looters media crew) members would encourage him to contest since they love supporting fraudulent people and thieves.

394 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by RockHard: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
He's entitled to contest, just like any other qualified Nigerian. But winning the primaries and the election proper is a whole different kettle of fish. undecided

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by OAUTemitayo: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
You will lose woefully.

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
Run.
Just Run....

We anti-BuhariAPC are strongly behind u.

Sai ka yi...!

Sai Oloye II

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Shukuakukobambi: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Of course it's perfectly within his rights to contest.

Bukola, omo baba oloye, bo si gban gba ka jo jare cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Mystiquefia: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
This One Wey im Mouth Go Soon Quiet After PDP Primaries?

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Lawalatm: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
I'm sure you will disgrace them cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by WisdomFlakes: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Another 'Change' talk Una no dey tire? Hope it is not the kind of 'change' his home-state of Kwara has been experiencing under his grip.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by chriskosherbal(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
He reserved the right to vote and to be voted for

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by AtikuNetwork: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
Good luck to him. But let's hope he won't get booed when campaigning in the North like Kwankwaso has been experiencing, or even stoned.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Fariq: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
I seriously wish you clinch the PDP presidential ticket. Only then we will show you Nigeria is not Kwara State.

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by maestroferddi: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
No way.

It should be one of Tambuwal, Atiku, Lamido and Kwakwanso.

We want Buhari to be thoroughly beaten and therefore no point taking chances.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Drakkernoir: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dey deceive yourself for there...

Yimu *2

23 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
I wish PDP fill this man so that he can really knows his worth in this country. I am very sure he will hardly get 100, 000 votes. He thinks people that are pushing him don't know him thoroughly. A very cunny man with no integrity. Grounded societie general bank and trade Bank plc, now came like a camelion to start heritage bank. If it s a country that justice is not bought with dollars, people like him will be languishing in jail and all his properties associated with his family both extended and immediate will be seized.
Useless people. Just pray that PDP takes over , because if this bubu comes back to power , your jail term will be longer than your age.
You will see his true colours when PDP do primaries. He will manipulate every results and do them sege. Sebi he has fulfilled his defection tricks. By the time delegates number is less than the total vote cast, they will understand.
By that time, they won't be able to go back to apc again. No be saraki again?

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by YorubaAssasin: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
In a nation like Nigeria full of gullible individuals, you have a big chance indeed! angry

#ThisisNigeria

12 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Not northern enuf not south westerm enuf. Mr man u no fit win

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Ukalejohn(m): 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Okay...
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by emmyt2: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK
SAI BABA TILL 2023

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by adeshina86: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
@Saraki u are 2 over ambitious and dt makes u desperate 2 attain dat seat, off which u knw u cnt..

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by IPOBrep: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
Not northern enuf not south westerm enuf. Mr man u no fit win

shame no catch you.

is he not a Nigerian
is he not qualified

why should his region or tribe be the yardstick

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by ZeeBaba17(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
hmmmmm..... anyway it's within your right to contest but I know that Buhari will floor him hands down in a free and fair election

11 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Ay77(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Leave us with our government saraki!!!... thanks
You can't manage Nigeria

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Temptee101(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
wink

I prefer anything aside the tyrannical dullard. I'm with Kingsley Moghalu; that man got vision, but trust Nigerians to still vote in a devil

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by kirkwood: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
wdf
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by limeta(f): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
can you kick it yes you can
Saraki will beat bubu hands down
Buhari yr cab to duara is out side.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Ochiboy11: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Keep your change
Fulani Herdsmen Loaded With Sophisticated
Weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRyMHIaoQg
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by dazzlingd(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
That has always been his hidden agenda from day one

Saraki once said, I'm going to get you down someday, someday buhari I swear I'll get to you

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race / Troops Renovate Road Leading To Boko Haram Hideout In Borno / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.