Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (41695 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by raumdeuter: 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please contest and lets us see your disgrace

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by enemyofprogress: 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
That would be the end of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by jonnyjustcome22: 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
The surest way for PDP to loose this coming election is to present Bukola (senete president) or Atiku former VP as there presidential candidate. U think people has forgotten the way u looted Kwara treasury or how Atiku loot Nigeria treasury. Am not in support of buhari but I think a known devil is better than unknown angel. Don't forget that the past local government election last year in Kwara was won by the opposition but the sitting governor uses his power to twist the result to favour them. Let wait and see how this is going to play out in the coming general election.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by mike1994reds: 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Somebody should please beg saraki to come and contest against PMB. grin

The way he will be beaten blue black, nobody will tell him

But of course the LMC (looters media crew) members would encourage him to contest since they love supporting fraudulent people and thieves.
Buhari is fraudulent for promising us good health care sector. Only for him and his son to go abroad for treatment. That is fraud and hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by dracosith(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hahahahahahah
yeyerolling:
Not northern enuf not south westerm enuf. Mr man u no fit win
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by brightalo17: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Make Fayose catch you there for trying to take his Aso Rock seat.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by tech18: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
grin grin contest now..you are free to contest sir.

Abeg run a joint ticket with Dino lols

Baba PMB will finish you by 2pm with a very wide margin on that February !!

PMB till 2023!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Bimpe29: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hmn!
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by mu2sa2: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
dokkyelele:
Contest jaree
I will be your First Lady if I can be your vice and we will do winning ceremony inviting all the arm robbers and ritualistic to wear Aso ebi with us before we start war.

Your days are numbered sir
Lady, you sharp for mouth o. Thank God Saraki cannot send his thugs after you.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Butterflyleo: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
Amah70:

Pity yourself that you have a country where Buhari can beat Saraki in presidential elections.

No thanks to the rigged and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by northern Nigeria's military dictators loyal to the Sokoto and Kanem Borno Caliphates.

How did you come to know who are looters and fraudulent between Buhari and Saraki?

PMB SAK!!!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by greatman247(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
despite the fact that I like Saraki but I do think Buhari will win him eventually. I guess he can win if he had not run against Buhari.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by shevalync: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
adeshina86:
@Saraki u are 2 over ambitious and dt makes u desperate 2 attain dat seat, off which u knw u cnt..

Over ambitious? What more can he go for after attaining the no3 position?
If he's over ambitious what happens to Sowore,Durotoye,Ahmed Buhari and the likes. Hiper-ambitious?
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Amah70: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
magzey:
I JUST DEY LAFF , LET HIM BRING BACK THE PANAMA LOOT BEFORE THINKING ABOUT CONTESTING. grin grin

You swept overboard the $2.8 billion theft Buhari was accused of when he was Petroleum Minister under OBJ military administration.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Butterflyleo: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
mike1994reds:

Buhari is fraudulent for promising us good health care sector. Only for him and his son to go abroad for treatment. That is fraud and hypocrisy!

PMB SAK!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by RexTramadol1: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
magzey:
I JUST DEY LAFF , LET HIM BRING BACK THE PANAMA LOOT BEFORE THINKING ABOUT CONTESTING. grin grin

Headache is real

He has not even started campaigning oh

He's just speaking of problems in the country and probable solutions

People are already planning to hang themselves

He probably won't run yet, buh if he does

And he wins eventually, even your personal life will be better than it is at the moment

So far that evil in Aso rock did not set in.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by HomeOfMe(f): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ebullience:
Senate President Bukola Saraki is considering running against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Saraki, who had earlier hinted at running for the highest office in the land, told Bloomberg in an interview that he had been consulting widely.

In the last one week, the senate President has visited ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and former military President Ibrahim Babangida.

Saraki said he would need to win the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to actualise his objective of leading the country.

He defected to the PDP from the All Progressives Congress (APC) two weeks ago.

The senate president accused the APC of not managing its victory well, saying his new party could make a difference.

“I am consulting and actively considering it… I believe I can make the change,” he was quoted to have said.

“The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory.

“While negotiating with the PDP, we listed a number of issues. We talked about how to sustain and improve the fight against corruption; the issue of providing more powers to the states; inclusion and having a more nationalistic approach on things we do; to continue to improve the environment that will ensure investments. We listed a number of items during the discussions with the PDP, and there is a written agreement to that. We trust that we can hold them to that.

“We would ensure that the party is strong on security. The APC too have not done well on the issue of security. We have the opportunity with the right kind of presidential candidate and president to provide the leadership for the party. The party has a good opportunity to lead the country in the right direction.”

He also spoke of the Department of State Services (DSS) blockade of the national assembly, wondering what would happen during the elections.

“If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned… we should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections,” Saraki said.

“There has been a persistent disregard for due process and a lack of neutrality for some of these issues. For you to have credible elections, you must have safe elections. Security agencies are actively getting involved in the politics.

“The fundamentals of whatever we are going to develop is going to be based on sound democracy, credible elections, freedom of choice of Nigerians. If we don’t have that as a foundation, then everything else cannot happen.”

Saraki also alleged that investors have lost confidence in the Buhari government, criticising the current administration’s handling of fuel subsidy.

“Most of the inflows that have come in are merely hot money, and that is because the oil price has gone up,” he said.

“Investment in the real sector is not seen. The private sector, in my view, has probably taken a position that the confidence is not there in the government. The country requires a government that is truly pro-business, and a president that sees himself as a chief marketing officer.

“If we are going to have a subsidy, we should have a budget for subsidy. Because once we have a budget for it, the private sector can also play a role in the importation of petroleum products. And if the private sector plays a role, definitely the cost of the subsidy will go down and there will be more efficiency in the delivery of products. But in the environment we are in today, where it’s only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that’s doing that, it’s going to be inefficient, it’s not going to be transparent.”

https://www.thecable.ng/believe-can-make-change-saraki-considering-running-buhari/
Nigerians should not be discouraged by those saying that our votes won't count. Yes we know INEC is loyal to his paymaster buhari/apc. But we must satisfy our conscience by voting who we think is credible. For me,it's neither buhari nor saraki or atiku. If more reliable people don't come out to run,I'd rather stay home and watch movies that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by koladebrainiac(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
lol He has never lost an election. He has a good clean sheet.

He should leverage on that.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by mutvy: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Your calculation is wrong. If you divide 242 billion by 180 million,each person will have 1 344 naira.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Mankosi: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Is that what this decamping is all about? This man is funny I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki is part of Nigeria's problem. We cannot continue to go around in a circle, with the same set of people who've stolen from and destroyed this country. Saraki should run. It is his right to do so.

SOWORE HAS MY VOTE, notwithstanding, and here is why:

Sowore is an outsider. President Sowore would be the real change that Nigeria needs.
Sowore will be a radical departure from the status quo
Sowore is not experienced in government, which is a good thing. He's not experienced in stealing
Sowore is not perfect. He is human. But, he has sacrificed for our country. Exposing corruption, speaking truth to power, and escaping several assassination attempts shows his commitment to doing the right thing.
Sowore will fight for the poor. He will reposition our country, away from what the old dumbos have been doing.

Again, I WILL VOTE FOR SOWORE. I ALSO COMMIT TO CONVINCING ATLEAST 100 PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR SOWORE IN 2019.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
IPOBrep:

shame no catch you.

is he not a Nigeria
is he not qualified

why should his region or tribe be the yardstick
well apc nd pdp make use of zoning. Is anyone from sw ss in apc or pdp contesting

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by KDmafia: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Run.
Just Run....

We anti-BuhariAPC are strongly behind u.

Sai ka yi...!

Sai Oloye II
grin
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by spiritedtete: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Waste of money and waste of time... ! First I wish the best against Atiku... Even though either of you can never smell that position.

MR SARAKI YOU ARE NOT CREDIBLE FOR THAT OFFICE.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by otherway: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ebullience:
Senate President Bukola Saraki is considering running against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Saraki, who had earlier hinted at running for the highest office in the land, told Bloomberg in an interview that he had been consulting widely.

In the last one week, the senate President has visited ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and former military President Ibrahim Babangida.

Saraki said he would need to win the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to actualise his objective of leading the country.

He defected to the PDP from the All Progressives Congress (APC) two weeks ago.

The senate president accused the APC of not managing its victory well, saying his new party could make a difference.

“I am consulting and actively considering it… I believe I can make the change,” he was quoted to have said.

“The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory.

“While negotiating with the PDP, we listed a number of issues. We talked about how to sustain and improve the fight against corruption; the issue of providing more powers to the states; inclusion and having a more nationalistic approach on things we do; to continue to improve the environment that will ensure investments. We listed a number of items during the discussions with the PDP, and there is a written agreement to that. We trust that we can hold them to that.

“We would ensure that the party is strong on security. The APC too have not done well on the issue of security. We have the opportunity with the right kind of presidential candidate and president to provide the leadership for the party. The party has a good opportunity to lead the country in the right direction.”

He also spoke of the Department of State Services (DSS) blockade of the national assembly, wondering what would happen during the elections.

“If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned… we should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections,” Saraki said.

“There has been a persistent disregard for due process and a lack of neutrality for some of these issues. For you to have credible elections, you must have safe elections. Security agencies are actively getting involved in the politics.

“The fundamentals of whatever we are going to develop is going to be based on sound democracy, credible elections, freedom of choice of Nigerians. If we don’t have that as a foundation, then everything else cannot happen.”

Saraki also alleged that investors have lost confidence in the Buhari government, criticising the current administration’s handling of fuel subsidy.

“Most of the inflows that have come in are merely hot money, and that is because the oil price has gone up,” he said.

“Investment in the real sector is not seen. The private sector, in my view, has probably taken a position that the confidence is not there in the government. The country requires a government that is truly pro-business, and a president that sees himself as a chief marketing officer.

“If we are going to have a subsidy, we should have a budget for subsidy. Because once we have a budget for it, the private sector can also play a role in the importation of petroleum products. And if the private sector plays a role, definitely the cost of the subsidy will go down and there will be more efficiency in the delivery of products. But in the environment we are in today, where it’s only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that’s doing that, it’s going to be inefficient, it’s not going to be transparent.”

https://www.thecable.ng/believe-can-make-change-saraki-considering-running-buhari/

This man is super dumb.

A criminal like him whose anticident is gravely soiled with dented image from his time as head of the failed societe generalle bank to the panama loot and when he was the Governor of kwara state just to mention a few and ofcourse his lack of integrity in his zeal for power.

Only an idiot will vote for him..he is a damaged goods.

A comedian he is...lol!

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by basic23111: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
awon eleribu

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Akiika: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
That has been his ambition all the while. There is nothing wrong in having ambition, but don't be sneaky about it. Don't selfishly hold 200 million Nigerians hostage to your selfish ambition. Resign or be impeached! Your new party is in minority, there is no way you can preside over the majority. Saraki will now find out how unpopular he is.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by akdjr(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Jabioro: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm!
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Ndonu101: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki should fight for PDP ticket

It is not about who comes from Kano or North West
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Obeysco: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki, a traitor! treasury looter! a national robber! a legislooter! Never again will God permit another energy of Nigerians to rule us. Nothing good can ever come out of Saraki, Atiku and their likes. My prayer is that God almighty will in His infinite mercy choose His own leaders (God-fearing ones) for Nigeria. None of these useless people can take us to our promised land.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by otherway: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Akiika:
That has been his ambition all the while. There is nothing wrong in having ambition, but don't be sneaky about it. Don't selfishly hold 200 million Nigerians hostage to your selfish ambition. Resign or be impeached! Your new party is in minority, there is no way you can preside over the majority. Saraki will now find out how unpopular he is.

He is a mad man.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos) / Buhari Makes An APC Chieftain Laugh Out Loud (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.