Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (41696 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Emmafe(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
Mtcheeew. Naija politicians sha

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by goaldynboy: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki calm down! The Senate is your forte! We love the way you have been putting the Chief Terrorist and APC in check! We also love the way you have been causing Oshio -monkey to run mad of recent!

For now leave the PDP presidential ticket for a more youthful and sellable candidate who will send the Chief Terrorist back to Duara!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by goaldynboy: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
smiles grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Kingzd: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lol, He thinks Nigeria is Kwara State Abi. A state whom the indgenes chose to be under the bondage of the Sariki Family except the good people of Offa.
Let's see how he will win, however, he can only win in his dreams, lolzzzzzxxx

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Dee60: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
What has he done in the Senate in the last 3 years as leader?

What has he done in those other four years or eight years that he was a senator?

What lasting legacy did he leave after governing Kwara for eight years?

What has he done in other endeavours before venturing into government?

How does he convince us that he can change?

What will he do differently?

Nigeria needs serious hands, people with visionary agenda, and with strong leadership credentials.

In 2019, there should be no contesting for presidency as if it is the latest thing to acquire. It is not for the highest bidder. Neither is it another title to acquire to boost egos.

Dont contest if you are not ready for true change. If you do, the youths with defeat you squarely.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by sureheaven(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki pls come and contest against pmb.

U can form ur own political party to make things easy for u like sowore.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by MrJanuzaj: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmmn. No wonder he has been using crook means to get sympathy

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
I can humble Nigerians within my 100 days in office.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by easyfem(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
i just pray make village pple push this man to run for president.............the worst leader we ever had in diz country....

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by marv1: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nawaooo.
Saraki claiming he can make a change in Nigeria when he has several controversies surrounding him. I don't know why pdp has not learnt any lesson so far.

Saraki tge corrupt that bought luxurious armored range Rover sport latest in 2016 . The SUV was being transferred from his house in lagos to his residence in Abuja, only for the custom to discover that he didn't pay custom duty of the vehicle. Lo and behold the SP denied the ownership of the vehicle.
In another development the righteous Saraki kept #180M naira in his house in which one of his security stole part of which made everything become .pubic knowledge but Mr Saraki quickly said it is #18M naira and not #180M.

The righteous Saraki was still collecting his ex governor's salary from Kwara state as a SP until he was taken to court by SERAP before he could be stopped from taking the salary.
What a shameless man who still wants to ridicule himself the more that he wants to make a change

I wonder what change he wants to offer rather than corruption and looting.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Princedapace(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
AtikuNetwork:
Good luck to him. But let's hope he won't get booed when campaigning in the North like Kwankwaso has been experiencing, or even stoned.

Everything does not start and end in the north.. Buhari has always had good results in the north but it was never enough to win him the election until he partnered with south west and middle belt votes..
To win election as a president, if u can win east, south, get west and parts of middle belt, u don win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Deo1986(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
Who cares if Saraki, Atiku or Obasanjo runs? Buhari till 2023. cool

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
I pray � saraki wins the ticket so the Buhari will just go and sleep and wake up a day to election. He will be beaten blue nd black

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by ojobek: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
that is my president
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Orlatunday11(m): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
He also wants to make a change. Bloody fool

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by SadMemories(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
you gat my support sir let vote out tyrant buhari and awaken democracy once more.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Shukuakukobambi: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
Not northern enuf not south westerm enuf. Mr man u no fit win

You got it perfectly. He's the bat of Nigerian politics cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by mknigeriagreat: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please do and kiss your political career goodbye.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by EbolaParasite: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
AmiciLord:
242 billion Naira for election??.
Nigeria population is approximately 180 million.

We don't want election in 2019 again. Just share the money, 1.344million for each person through account and BVN, and continue your second tenure.
If you are with me pls Share. Copied !

Lazy YOUTH. 242 billion divided by 180 million is not 1.344 million. Do the needful and correct ya feck up.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Amah70: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ebullience:
Senate President Bukola Saraki is considering running against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Saraki, who had earlier hinted at running for the highest office in the land, told Bloomberg in an interview that he had been consulting widely.

In the last one week, the senate President has visited ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and former military President Ibrahim Babangida.

Saraki said he would need to win the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to actualise his objective of leading the country.

He defected to the PDP from the All Progressives Congress (APC) two weeks ago.

The senate president accused the APC of not managing its victory well, saying his new party could make a difference.

“I am consulting and actively considering it… I believe I can make the change,” he was quoted to have said.

“The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory.

“While negotiating with the PDP, we listed a number of issues. We talked about how to sustain and improve the fight against corruption; the issue of providing more powers to the states; inclusion and having a more nationalistic approach on things we do; to continue to improve the environment that will ensure investments. We listed a number of items during the discussions with the PDP, and there is a written agreement to that. We trust that we can hold them to that.

“We would ensure that the party is strong on security. The APC too have not done well on the issue of security. We have the opportunity with the right kind of presidential candidate and president to provide the leadership for the party. The party has a good opportunity to lead the country in the right direction.”

He also spoke of the Department of State Services (DSS) blockade of the national assembly, wondering what would happen during the elections.

“If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned… we should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections,” Saraki said.

“There has been a persistent disregard for due process and a lack of neutrality for some of these issues. For you to have credible elections, you must have safe elections. Security agencies are actively getting involved in the politics.

“The fundamentals of whatever we are going to develop is going to be based on sound democracy, credible elections, freedom of choice of Nigerians. If we don’t have that as a foundation, then everything else cannot happen.”

Saraki also alleged that investors have lost confidence in the Buhari government, criticising the current administration’s handling of fuel subsidy.

“Most of the inflows that have come in are merely hot money, and that is because the oil price has gone up,” he said.

“Investment in the real sector is not seen. The private sector, in my view, has probably taken a position that the confidence is not there in the government. The country requires a government that is truly pro-business, and a president that sees himself as a chief marketing officer.

“If we are going to have a subsidy, we should have a budget for subsidy. Because once we have a budget for it, the private sector can also play a role in the importation of petroleum products. And if the private sector plays a role, definitely the cost of the subsidy will go down and there will be more efficiency in the delivery of products. But in the environment we are in today, where it’s only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that’s doing that, it’s going to be inefficient, it’s not going to be transparent.”

https://www.thecable.ng/believe-can-make-change-saraki-considering-running-buhari/

In a normal country, Saraki /Ekweremadu are the pair to now rescue Nigeria from its present deep hole.

Buhari is lots of times away in hospital.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by ajisolasheu: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
The change you made to Kwara State between 2003 and 2007 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by damtan(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
He will definitely lose the primaries

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Saintp(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shut up saraki, both you and buhari are thieves and don't deserve to be anywhere near the corridors of power. Shame on two of you.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Beedude(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
AmiciLord:

We don't want election in 2019 again. Just share the money, 1.344million for each person through account and BVN, and continue your second tenure.
Do the maths again guy. Don't just copy and paste

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by mu2sa2: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
priceaction:
I wish PDP fill this man so that he can really knows his worth in this country. I am very sure he will hardly get 100, 000 votes. He thinks people that are pushing him don't know him thoroughly. A very cunny man with no integrity. Grounded societie general bank and trade Bank plc, now came like a camelion to start heritage bank. Useless people. Just pray that PDP takes over , because if this bubu come back to power , your jail term will be longer than your age.
Perfect! Saraki is under the illusion that he can buy everybody.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by dokkyelele(f): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Contest jaree
I will be your First Lady if I can be your vice and we will do winning ceremony inviting all the arm robbers and ritualistic to wear Aso ebi with us before we start war.

Your days are numbered sir

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by WilliamAlmas: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Oh my God! it very difficult process to comment here on your site. I was going to comment something other but now I want to suggest you some tips to make your site easy to use for the visitors. If you follow orthognathicsurgerydiploma then go to this site and try to learn that how he has made his site easy for the users. The font style, the way of writing and the interface is awesome and user want to visit it again and again. This is the reason that the site is growing up daily.
Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by magzey: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
I JUST DEY LAFF , LET HIM BRING BACK THE PANAMA LOOT BEFORE THINKING ABOUT CONTESTING. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by Amah70: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Somebody should please beg saraki to come and contest against PMB. grin

The way he will be beaten blue black, nobody will tell him

But of course the LMC (looters media crew) members would encourage him to contest since they love supporting fraudulent people and thieves.

Pity yourself that you have a country where Buhari can beat Saraki in presidential elections.

No thanks to the rigged and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by northern Nigeria's military dictators loyal to the Sokoto and Kanem Borno Caliphates.

How did you come to know who are looters and fraudulent between Buhari and Saraki?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ by lecowas: 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
AmiciLord:

I no agree with u cos the math is wrong grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos) / Buhari Makes An APC Chieftain Laugh Out Loud (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.