Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? (8993 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Lift Super Eagles’ Spirit Wit $8000,Charges Them 2 Win In Egypt(pix / During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Can you point to me one claim made by a Christian or Muslim outside of faith that defies logic?

I don't understand.

Jesus walking on water is something that defies logic. Muhammed sleeping with a minor and his followers still doing the same defies logic don't you think?

Or maybe I am not understanding your point. undecided
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by redsun(m): 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
African religion is a practical religion,more real than christianity and isam,it is based on day to day interaction with the spirit and natural world,not waiting for the appointed time for hell and heaven.It a continious belief system that never stops as long as african families,communities and traditions exist.

It harmonizes,it sanitizes,it heals and it unifies communities,what it lacks like every other thing in africa right now is innovation.Religion or tradition is a way of life and life is not static,it's subject to changes
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ OP
So walking on water, turning water to turn wine and feeding five thousand with food sufficient only for five is in tandem with universal laws of physics abi ?
Seems to me like you are confused
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

I don't understand.

Jesus walking on water is something that defies logic. Muhammed sleeping with a minor and his followers still doing the same defies logic don't you think?

Or maybe I am not understanding your point. undecided

Jesus walking on water is an event recorded in the Holy Bible, a book Christians believe by faith. Christians do not try to explain how he did it, or show you some steps that can be taken to achieve this. This act, walking on water, is one of the many acts classified as "miracles" in Christian teachings. This belief is based on faith.

Mohammed sleeping with a minor may seem absurd today, however, it doesn't seem that it was an act outside those acceptable by the prevailing culture Mohammed was living in. There is historical evidence that such actions were not uncommon among the people of 6th century Arabia. This is not an issue of faith.

Let me give you an example, have you ever heard a Christian claim something like "If you fast for seven days and seven nights, and pray to God through Jesus Christ for N70,000, after the fasting period, you will see N70,000 in brown envelope under your bed."

That is, a formulaic way (of course with claimed guarantee) of achieving something specific.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
naijababe:

@ OP
So walking on water, turning water to turn wine and feeding five thousand with food sufficient only for five is in tandem with universal laws of physics abi ?

Well, you need to read before making very ignorant conclusions.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bgees(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
jesus dey use juju.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
redsun:

African religion is a practical religion,more real than christianity and isam,it is based on day to day interaction with the spirit and natural world,not waiting for the appointed time for hell and heaven.It a continious belief system that never stops as long as african families,communities and traditions exist.

It harmonizes,it sanitizes,it heals and it unifies communities,what it lacks like every other thing in africa right now is innovation.Religion or tradition is a way of life and life is not static,it's subject to changes

But we're not talking about "African religion", whatever that means (as if the Somalis and the Senegalese have the same traditional religions), we're talking about juju and the fraudulent claims attached to it.

[size=18pt]Why can't we use juju to win the world cup?[/size]
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

OMODE O MO OGUN O PE NI EFON ( A SMALL CHILD DOES NOT NOT JUJU HE CALLS IT MOSQUITOES).
AND ALSO YOU DONT BELIEVE THEIR IS GOD?

PLEASE BEFORE YOU SLEEP SAY IN YOU HEART I WANT TO KNOW IF THEIR IS GOD OR NOT.  
COME TO THIS TREAD AND TELL US WHAT YOU FEEL
YOU WILL SEE THEIR IS GOD.

PLEASE THEIR IS GOD.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bgees(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
naijababe:

@ OP
cheesy grin
RichyBlacK:

I dont want to read, pls tell me your own opinion about it.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bgees(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

But we're not talking about "African religion", whatever that means (as if the Somalis and the Senegalese have the same traditional religions), we're talking about juju and the fraudulent claims attached to it.

[size=18pt]Why can't we use juju to win the world cup?[/size]

[size=18pt]Because juju no dey work for oversea!![/size]
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
ActiveMan:

OMODE O MO OGUN O PE NI EFON ( A SMALL CHILD DOES NOT NOT JUJU HE CALLS IT MOSQUITOES).

Shataaaapppp! It is actually "Omode o mo ogun, ohun pe ni efo" (Efo as in vegetables, and not efon)

grin grin grin

While we are speaking of voodoo, can anyone confirm is "Touch and Bleep" actually works? Basically, it is a ring that is sold by voodoo men, and once a man puts it on, he will shag any woman he touches with it.

grin

Is this true?
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2010

Typical escapist response. I leave you to your delusions
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by kobikwelu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2010

Why can't we use juju to win the world cup?

Because juju no dey work for oversea!!

tell 'em again,

let it enter into their skul
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2010
ActiveMan:

PLEASE BEFORE YOU SLEEP SAY IN YOU HEART I WANT TO KNOW IF THEIR IS GOD OR NOT.  
COME TO THIS TREAD AND TELL US WHAT YOU FEEL
YOU WILL SEE THEIR IS GOD.

PLEASE THEIR IS GOD.

This is not about God. Countless Americans, Europeans and Asians believe in God but would die of laughter if you tell them some the claims made by juju proponents.

You can believe in God and still ask the question:

[size=18pt]Why can't we use this juju thing we claim can do anything win ordinary world cup?[/size]
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Dolemite(f): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2010
Thats because these things don't work, they don't exist, there is no God there is no Satan, it's all in your heads!! Juju couldn't save us from slavery it can't make you rich overnight no matter how many human heads you pluck, it's all ignorance!!
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
bgees:

[size=18pt]Because juju no dey work for oversea!![/size]

Okay, so does it mean that if Nigeria hosts the world cup then we will win it?
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by redsun(m): 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
How about magu?
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
naijababe:

Typical escapist response. I leave you to your delusions

The response of an intellectual vacuum!

I leave you to your idiocy!
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
redsun:

How about magu?

If it works, can we re-engineer it to make us win the world cup? Is there a babalawo skilled enough in the art of re-engineering juju that can do this for us?
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
OOOOOOH MY GOD! I never knew that PRIMITIVE believers such as ElRazur still exist in this modern day world. @ElRazur, with no doubt u must be d son of a pegan.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by chiogo(f): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
LMAO@ topic. Abi oo.

Nonsense!!! I still wonder(after watching all those naija movies with juju) why these juju men/Native Doctors still live in abject poverty with all their juju and still require money from their clients to perform the juju. Why couldn't they make money fall outta nowhere for themselves and be rich too? Or they only like making others rich?

I don't get it.  
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bgees(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

No.

but I believe Juju works.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by debosky(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

The juju didn't help us win the Nations Cup the last time we hosted, though it worked for the country for the All Africa Games.  grin

It has 90% efficacy. cheesy
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by kobikwelu(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2010

WHEN WE GET TO THAT BRIDGE, WE WILL CROSS IT,
TILL THEN, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by CarlosVent(m): 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
juju no dey wrk for white skin abeg
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
everything about juju is fraud.see this picture,i thought they said masquerades are spiritual being

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Sauron1: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Do Jazz to win the World Cup? grin cheesy grin

U still need the players to do their part and unfortunately, Nigeria have more pregnant cows than football players.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by redsun(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

If it works, can we re-engineer it to make us win the world cup? Is there a babalawo skilled enough in the art of re-engineering juju that can do this for us?

I am just laughing at you know,you seems to be the one that is taking it too seriously because in some ways that you choose to deny,you are deluded too as a christians.

Juju only works when potent herbs are use for one thing or the other,that is as far as it goes,every other thing is just faith and beliefs.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by harakiri(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
@RichyBlack

You and these your relentless juju threads. . .lol

I understand what you're getting at but trust me. . .most people would rather believe in unknown myths than use their brains. If a guy dies before the age of 40, that means "hand dey inside".If a guy loves a woman too much, that means "she don cook give am chop".If a guy is very successful in his job or business, that means "him dey use something". If an armed robber gets shot to death, that means "the police jazz pass him own".

It's pathetic but that's the way it is.People must always find something or someone to blame for their problems/incompetence.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by cystein(m): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
for juju to work, lets see juju man drive a Lexus and build a mansion. then that will be an indicator that it could win the premier league before the worldcup.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

everything about juju is fraud.see this picture,i thought they said masquerades are spiritual being

YOu don crase. The egun in lagos and around the cities are just fakes. Period.

In my Village, there is this thing called "Babanigbo" (Man in the bush), now that one na proper mystery I plan on solving. He dwells in the bushes, and when he is around, no one goes into these bushes. The weird thing is that when he screams, you can feel it reverberating all around.

Assuming, it is a man behind it, I am not sure how he can make such a noise that appears to fill the entire forest. I plan on going home and finding out at some point.

It may be worth knowing that those who apparently tried before died in mysterious circumstances, I for once cannot wait. Infra red cameras and surveillance camera should reveal who is behind it all.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by 190: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
hisses

useless thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Football Pools Fixtures || ukfootballpools.com / Your Nigerian Footballer Of The Year 2012 / HIFL 2019: UNIUYO, UNICAL, ABU And KUST Advance To Next Round, DELSU Eliminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.