Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? (9217 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Lift Super Eagles’ Spirit Wit $8000,Charges Them 2 Win In Egypt(pix / During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Sauron1: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

YOu don crase. The egun in lagos and around the cities are just fakes. Period.

In my Village, there is this thing called "Babanigbo" (Man in the bush), now that one na proper mystery I plan on solving. He dwells in the bushes, and when he is around, no one goes into these bushes. The weird thing is that when he screams, you can feel it reverberating all around.

Assuming, it is a man behind it, I am not sure how he can make such a noise that appears to fill the entire forest. I plan on going home and finding out at some point.

Bang & Olufsen speakers. wink
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
debosky:

The juju didn't help us win the Nations Cup the last time we hosted, though it worked for the country for the All Africa Games.  grin

It has 90% efficacy.  cheesy

debosky,

That's true. We hosted the Africa Nations Cup in 2000 and came 2nd. But in 1980 we hosted and won!

Can we still get hold of the babalawo we gave the juju contract in 1980? grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Lwkmd.

No jokes, but I very much doubt it. The village no fit afford tarred road back then sha lol.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by cold(m): 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2010
A lot of folks here bliv juju is fraud.Fine but i bet you if you were told in some remote part of Ijebu that 'cross this line maq i see weda you go wake up tomoro',nobody wld dare cross for fear of the unknown.My point;i don't take issues bordering on juju seriously but then again neither i nor anyone else here wld want to test the waters with both feet.

Same rzn you wldn't jump into a lion's lair lyk the proverbial Daniel based on your firm belief in God.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Do Jazz to win the World Cup? grin cheesy grin

U still need the players to do their part and unfortunately, Nigeria have more pregnant cows than football players.

Sauron,

But how can we organize a one-thousand strong juju committee to ensure that we win the 2014 world cup?

We can't be languishing in pity every four years when we have all these powerful juju men. We're seriously under-utilizing Nigeria's human resources.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

YOu don crase. The egun in lagos and around the cities are just fakes. Period.

In my Village, there is this thing called "Babanigbo" (Man in the bush), now that one na proper mystery I plan on solving. He dwells in the bushes, and when he is around, no one goes into these bushes. The weird thing is that when he screams, you can feel it reverberating all around.

Assuming, it is a man behind it, I am not sure how he can make such a noise that appears to fill the entire forest. I plan on going home and finding out at some point.

It may be worth knowing that those who apparently tried before died in mysterious circumstances, I for once cannot wait. Infra red cameras and surveillance camera should reveal who is behind it all.
i remember one baba elegun when i was growing up in lagos.he used to invoke this so-called spirit claiming it deters armed robbers.unfortunately for him,he was shot by one of the robbers during one robbery incident
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
harakiri:

@RichyBlack

You and these your relentless juju threads. . .lol

I understand what you're getting at but trust me. . .most people would rather believe in unknown myths than use their brains. If a guy dies before the age of 40, that means "hand dey inside".If a guy loves a woman too much, that means "she don cook give am chop".If a guy is very successful in his job or business, that means "him dey use something". If an armed robber gets shot to death, that means "the police jazz pass him own".

It's pathetic but that's the way it is.People must always find something or someone to blame for their problems/incompetence.

@harakiri,

I believe that the widespread belief in a fraudulent practice devised by profiteers of the slave-trade to psychological weaken the populace and would-be captors, has had its run and needs to be exposed for the mere fraud that it is.

A luta continua!
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
cold:

A lot of folks here bliv juju is fraud.Fine but i bet you if you were told in some remote part of Ijebu that 'cross this line maq i see weda you go wake up tomoro',nobody wld dare cross for fear of the unknown.My point;i don't take issues bordering on juju seriously but then again neither i nor anyone else here wld want to test the waters with both feet.

Same rzn you wldn't jump into a lion's lair lyk the proverbial Daniel based on your firm belief in God.

Omo speak for yourself.

I have fished from a rvier that is considered as sacred in my village.

I have kept Okete (Big white giant rats) as pets. Apparently, it can bring bad luck and untimely death etc.

I have put my feet on the stone representing God of Iron - and am still alive.

I have looked into and dance in front of the mirror when it is raining

ETC.

These so called "do not do this or this will happen to you" means poo to me.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Sauron1: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Sauron,

But how can we organize a one-thousand strong juju committee to ensure that we win the 2014 world cup?

We can't be languishing in pity every four years when we have all these powerful juju men. We're seriously under-utilizing Nigeria's human resources.

Naija jazz can only destroy. . . .

ElRazur:

Lwkmd.
No jokes, but I very much doubt it. The village no fit afford tarred road back then sha lol.

So you visit the village?
I hope you have not defiled all the maidens there. grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
El Raz is the man. grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by harakiri(m): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
cystein:

for juju to work, lets see juju man drive a Lexus and build a mansion. then that will be an indicator that it could win the premier league before the worldcup.

Abi ooo!

I have studied the life styles of a few of them and they are beyond wretched! There children are usually useless. . .the son's end up as thieves/arm robbers and their daughters become prostitutes or police women!

If juju works as they claim it does, why can't the powerful juju men of this country cast a spell on all the dubious politicians that loot billions on a daily basis? Why can't they cast a spell on PHCN to prevent them from cutting the power supply? Why can't they cast spells to grant us credible elections? If you ask the juju believers, their "logical" explanation is usually "dem power pass we own".

Imagine that! angry angry shocked
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by SapeleGuy: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

[size=18pt]Why can't we use juju to win the world cup?[/size]

What type of question is this? Do you not see that our players are virtually doing bible studies in that prayer circle at half time and the start of the game. Obviously they are born again and they clearly believe in miracles. Unfortunately the oppositions defence  and midfield refused to part like the red sea.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by harakiri(m): 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Nah,

I think it's either McIntosh floor standing speakers powered by marantz amps! cool cheesy grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
cold:

ElRazur:

Omo speak for yourself.

I have kept Okete (Big white giant rats) as pets. Apparently, it can bring bad luck and untimely death etc.

ETC.

Let me add to the list:

I have volunteered my footprints (the sand it was made on) to the old woman in a remote part of Western Nigeria who can kill anyone by having access to the sands the person's footprints were imprinted on.

May be I'm dead and my spirit is typing this. grin grin grin

[img]http://www.eportfolio.lagcc.cuny.edu/ePortfolios/capstone/amy_monte/images/footprints_in_the_sand_op_493x600.jpg[/img]
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
SapeleGuy:

What type of question is this? Do you not see that our players are virtually doing bible studies in that prayer circle at half time and the start of the game. Obviously they are born again and they clearly believe in miracles. Unfortunately the oppositions defence  and midfield refused to part like the red sea.
you don kolo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2010
SapeleGuy:

But I thought juju will work whether one (particularly an African) believes in it or not. so, the players have to believe in it for it to work? I'm learning every day.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by cystein(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2010
Well, better be a policewoman than love peddler.  But I still wonder if the owners of the oracle serving ogugu, ovgoko and amadiora will ever stop deceiving people.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by cold(m): 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

Omo speak for yourself.

ETC.

All these things you just mentioned is as petty as they come.On top of that it's easy to sit behind your pc lyk so many peeps here  & act all tough (thnx to the internet) when in all honesty,you're all hollow on the inside.

I'v never had any rzn to go fetish,i don't bliv in its efficacy,nonetheless,i wont be foolhardy & say to myself 'let me give it a try'.

Richy Black claims he is a firm xtian,& his siggy says somthin abt principalities & powers.What are these powers & wat are they capable of?Talk abt tongue in cheek argument.

Wish i cld stay up & follow up the rejoinders but alas i'v got bills to pay.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
cold:

All these things you just mentioned is as petty as they come.On top of that it's easy to sit behind your pc lyk so many peeps here  & act all tough (thnx to the internet) when in all honesty,you're all hollow on the inside.

I'v never had any rzn to go fetish,i don't bliv in its efficacy,nonetheless,i wont be foolhardy & say to myself 'let me give it a try'.

Richy Black claims he is a firm xtian,& his siggy says somthin abt principalities & powers.What are these powers & wat are they capable of?Talk abt tongue in cheek argument.

Wish i cld stay up & follow up the rejoinders but alas i'v got bills to pay.

So, you don't believe in its efficacy but you're comfortable defending it's efficacy?

I'm getting confused just thinking about this kind of confusion.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by AndreUweh(m): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nigeria can win the world cup with Otumokpu (juju). This can be achieved if they can keep some basic instructions the Dibia will give our players. Such as, they must not eat any food prepared by a woman throughout the the duration of the tournament. Second, they must not bath for 14 days prior to their first match. Third, the supporters club must bury a live cow at the middle of any stadium our boys are going to play.
If instructions as above will be kept, then the trophy will definitely be in Nigeria's kitty.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bamac(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
:PWe could av won yesterday`s match wit juju but d officials were at alert to have discoverd echiejile`s juju chain grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by harakiri(m): 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

So, you don't believe in its efficacy but you're comfortable defending it's efficacy?

I'm getting confused just thinking about this kind of confusion.

Why you dey stress ya sef? You already know what applies in this regard :

People fear what they do not understand and hate what they can't conquer.

Shikena!
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Nigeria can win the world cup with Otumokpu (juju). This can be achieved if they can keep some basic instructions the Dibia will give our players. Such as, they must not eat any food prepared by a woman throughout the the duration of the tournament. Second, they must not bath for 14 days prior to their first match. Third, the supporters club must bury a live cow at the middle of any stadium our boys are going to play.
If instructions as above will be kept, then the trophy will definitely be in Nigeria's kitty.

But these Dibias have a way of explaining their way out when things go wrong.

1. What color must the cow be?
2. How about the sex? I assume female because you typed "cow".
3. Can it be pregnant or not?
4. Must it be a virgin cow?
5. Hornless?
6 Size of horn?
7. How deep must it be buried?
8. When must it be burid - noon, midnight, etc?
9. Should it be wrapped in any cloth before being buried?
10. What color of cloth?

The Dibia must be clear about the instruction so that we don't miss the 2014 world cup.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by SapeleGuy: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

But I thought juju will work whether one (particularly an African) believes in it or not. so, the players have to believe in it for it to work? I'm learning every day.

LOL Apparently, these things are based on faith, (Wasn't it obvious from the way our players refused to tackle? - Their pastor promised them a Divine right to possesion)

It is also the same sort of faith the pastors are using to dupe our foolish players into believing that they would get the golden boot, via dry fasting and anointing oil.

My guy, religion defies logic, perhaps we can agree on that.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by sizzlers(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
SapeleGuy:

LOL Apparently, these things are based on faith, (Wasn't it obvious from the way our players refused to tackle? - Their pastor promised them a Divine right to possesion)

It is also the same sort of faith the pastors are using to dupe our foolish players into believing that they would get the golden boot, via dry fasting and anointing oil.

My guy, religion defies logic, perhaps we can agree on that.
true talk
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by bgees(m): 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Amadioha and Sango don't like football.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
bgees:

Amadioha and Sango don't like football.

U lie. . . . . .
Sango was a winger in his days.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by AjanleKoko: 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Well, the other nations have their own more advanced Juju. Y'all ain't just clued up to it, that's why you can't see it.

Messi is nothing short of a young wizard, a graduate from the Barca branch of Hogwarts.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by sizzlers(m): 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
wht abt INDIANS i heard that they use juju thats why they were ban is that true? If so how do FIFA noticed their  JUJu?
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by AjanleKoko: 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

Omo speak for yourself.

ETC.

Be patient. You know the gods are slow. They may get to you yet.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by mufasa(m): 11:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Well, the other nations have their own more advanced Juju. Y'all ain't just clued up to it, that's why you can't see it.

Messi is nothing short of a young wizard, a graduate from the Barca branch of Hogwarts.

Lol
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
sizzlers:

wht abt INDIANS i heard that they use juju thats why they were ban is that true? If so how do FIFA noticed their  JUJu?

Alas! The all too familiar India-is-the-greatest-in-football story. I heard this growing up in Naija. Wow! Mass deception is alive and well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Having Issues Withdrawing From My Bet9ja Account Please Help / Some Major Highlights Of NPFL 2015 Season / All African Games: Nigeria wins 7 Gold Medals On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.