Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (17324 Views)

Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
Islam is a dangerous cult. it is an outdated religion.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Fariq: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
ladiesreject:

There's no church in BUK, not even one.
They only have two worship centers (one for Catholics and the other for other denominations) all situated in one place where they worship on Sundays and after that, back to zero point.

As for the muslims, I know of 3 mosques in the old site (there could be more) and another two in the new site (again, there could be more).

BUK is a perfect example of an Islamic school. Very boring school!

Have a nice day.

And there will never be a church in BUK. Deal with it. Who even ask u to seek admission in the school.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by abdulkayus(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
Fariq:

And there will never be a church in BUK. Deal with it. Who even ask u to seek admission in the school.

Guy, don't showcase your bigotry here. It is people like you that give Islam that intolerant looks whereby you are the one who is intolerant.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
mujaya1:
what you can said about many church in old airport, bello way, j alien, kwannawa, trade fair.

All these places you mentioned are almost in the same neighbourhood, merged up to one "location". Do you know the reason it is so?
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Fariq: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
abdulkayus:

Guy, don't showcase your bigotry here. It is people like you that give Islam that intolerant looks whereby you are the one who is intolerant.

Say whatever you want to say there won't be church in BUK. The church at Sabon gari and other places in Kano are more than the church in some states.

Carry your preaching head somewhere.

Ado Bayero reject the idea of BUK Church. And I am sure the position of Emirate does not change.

Sai kaje Kai tayin political correctness dinka.

They never tolerate you to build mosque in their land and you're here typing trash. Islam preaches tolerance when people tolerate you. It's reciprocal.

In portharcourt Muslim have to rent shops to pray inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
newjosboy:

Lie lie! I am a Christian and live in Layout in Katsina. Most Churches are found in Layout. About 20 of them.
Thank God you used the word "most " , but what about other places ?
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Caseless: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018

He accused Nigerian scholars of fuelling crisis by their views and teachings.
Unfortunately, he's part of the problem.

He hasn't told us institutions in the SE or SS that gives land to Muslims to build mosques.

A man who's aggrieved that Jonathan is not here to pay him through CAN.

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
abd4jhd:

Likewise the same scenario in Eastern part of Nigeria. Abia is a good example as there are only two mosques in Umuahia
There mosque in Umahia, and if you want , you can go and establish a mosque in any part of the state without fear of being antagonised. But that is not so in Katsina.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by abdulkayus(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
Fariq:

Say whatever you want to say there won't be church in BUK. The church at Sabon gari and other places in Kano are more than the church in some states.

Ado Bayero reject the idea of BUK Church. And I am sure the position of Emirate does not change.

They never tolerate you to build mosque in their land and you're here typing trash. Islam preaches tolerance when people tolerate you. It's reciprocal.

Don't let your bigotry be cloud your sense of reasoning. Two wrongs can never make a right and for your information, I served in the east and there is a central mosque we use in Federal polytechnic, Oko in Anambra state, there is also a big mosque in University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom and these are mosques are large enough that we even use them for Jumaat prayers. If they have had the same backward reasoning like you, we wouldn't have had any mosque in these institutions I called to you. And this is ain't political correctness but stating facts.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by abdulkayus(m): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
Caseless:

Unfortunately, he's part of the problem.

He hasn't told us institutions in the SE or SS that gives land to Muslims to build mosques.

A man who's aggrieved that Jonathan is not here to pay him through CAN.

There is a mosque in federal poly Oko, Anambra and university of Uyo, Akwa Ibom.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Kingspin(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
The Imams and co. teaches hates against Christians to their followers which is why any crises in that part of the world Christians are always the main target and victim. Mr. Bishop Kukah just prove me 100percent right.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Caseless: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
abdulkayus:

There is a mosque in federal poly Oko, Anambra and university of Uyo, Akwa Ibom.
well, just like "some" universities in the north do not allow that, some institutions in the south do not allow mosques too. What's now the issue? He should preach for those in the south, too.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Mujtahida: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
agadez007:
I just noticed something about Muslims especially the Yoruba's ones
Whenever they are being called out for their crimes they try to rope Ndigbo into their madness
First it was Boko Haram,they created a "Mama boko" from Enugu Who speaks perfect Onitsha and dosent even know her own local government
Then an " Igbo man" was caught dressed as a Fulani herdsmen,no picture evidence whatsoever
Now one idiomatic expression is calling Michael Okpara University here, pls you guys should run your own race and leave Igbos to run theirs biko
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
Positivepoint:

Pls can u provide a land in any eastern state I will buy and build mosque and Islamic school let test what u are saying
Have you gone to the east to ask ?
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
If i say islam is a nightmare admin will block me.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Mujtahida: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Moukandjo:

Na now e dey pain you? No too cry o! grin
The Igbos, whom you personally share the same political bias with, actually don't have as much problem with the northern Muslims as they do with you Yoruba Muslims! Don't fool yourself!
Checkout Nairaland properly & you'll see!
If being opposed to Buhari means sharing political Bias with the Igbos good and fine. My opposition to his candidacy has nothing to do with which ethnic or tribal bloc stands for or against him. I voted Buhari in 2015. He's been weighed in the balances and I find him seriously lacking.

I don't do ethnic politics even though I recognise or rather perceive that the Hausa Fulani bloc is holding this country back. That is my sincere perception. I have nothing against any tribe or people. It's time for us to make progress. Shikena
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Emnyte(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
Fariq:

imagine, but I think as a supposed religion of peace that chant peace as its major mantra, this kind of mindset is just a contradiction to what the religion preaches. I mean, if you preach something you are meant to practice in other to paint the religion in that light regardless of whether you are being reciprocated accordingly or not since judgement and rewards belongs to God.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Positivepoint(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
Have you gone to the east to ask ?

They don't sell land to northerners it's a local law across the east
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Fariq: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
abdulkayus:

Don't let your bigotry be cloud your sense of reasoning. Two wrongs can never make a right and for your information, I served in the east and there is a central mosque we use in Federal polytechnic, Oko in Anambra state, there is also a big mosque in University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom and these are mosques are large enough that we even use them for Jumaat prayers. If they have had the same backward reasoning like you, we wouldn't have had any mosque in these institutions I called to you. And this is ain't political correctness but stating facts.

Nope. There are stil church in Abu and other institution. Just the way they don't allow mosque in all their institution. Same way it won't be allowed here.

If they decide we won't have any mosque in any of their institution. Same thing will happen here, the ones that exist in some of the northern institution will be eliminated either. Nothing hard to understand.

They are large number of churches in Kano also even more than the mosque you see in the entire east. And you know that only that if you're hypocrite you won't see that.

Tolerance has to be equal. As it stands now there won't be Church in Abdullahi Bayero University Kano.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Positivepoint:

They don't sell land to northerners it's a local law across the east
Have you tried purchasing federal government land ?Do that and see if people will stop you from building your mosque .
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
williamsdon:
If i say islam is a nightmare admin will block me.
That is what I am afraid of o
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Fariq:

It is people like you who end up being suicide bombers for boko-haram.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Positivepoint(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
Have you tried purchasing federal government land ?Do that and see if people will stop you from building your mosque .

U just admitted my statement as correct. The owner of land are the people or state government after paying compensation.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
MRAKBEE:

How many minutes can a Muslim spend in the mosque on Friday?
I have been to some schools in the south south with almost all of them having religious centers for Muslims.
Dont come here and type bullshit
Please mention the name of university on north without church.Just one.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
Positivepoint:

U just admitted my statement as correct. The owner of land are the people or state government after paying compensation.
I admitted nothing there . Land can be acquired through two ways : through the government(local , state and federal ) and individuals. Individuals will hardly sell land to you except you're an indigene (this practice is quite common everywhere in Nigeria ). But when you purchase land from the government ( even if it is in the Eze's palace but has been bought by federal government )you can build whatever you please (so long as it does not go against the norms of the people there ).
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Kakamorufu(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Agritech:
Also there are many Universities in the east and South south where there are no mosques for the Muslim students to pray. One of such is Michael Opara university of agricultural. In this universities lecture/exams hold during time for Muslim Friday prayers.
same thing I wanted to comment.
They didn't allow the Muslims to hold jumat prayer as well.
I remember we had to go to umuahia to pray jumat every Friday.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Positivepoint(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
I admitted nothing there . Land can be acquired through two ways : through the government(local , state and federal ) and individuals. Individuals will hardly sell land to you except you're an indigene (this practice is quite common everywhere in Nigeria ). But when you purchase land from the government ( even if it is in the Eze's palace but has been bought by federal government )you can build whatever you please (so long as it does not go against the norms of the people there ).

May be u ve not been to the north. Igbo own land and properties sold to them by individuals even in villages. We are aware of that policy of not selling land to northerners in igbo states.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Agritech:
Also there are many Universities in the east and South south where there are no mosques for the Muslim students to pray. One of such is Michael Opara university of agricultural. In this universities lecture/exams hold during time for Muslim Friday prayers.
There are 4 Muslims in the school n they haven't requested for space.

So exams n lectures shouldn't hold on Fridays
U need a Muslim nation.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Shelumiel: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
Positivepoint:

May be u ve not been to the north. Igbo own land and properties sold to them by individuals even in villages. We are aware of that policy of not selling land to northerners in igbo states.
Is it northerns or northern muslims. ..which one ?
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
funnix:
Stupid Hippocrates! Everything must revolve around them. Muslims in the southeast/south never had the kind of freedom the Christians are having in the North. Different chapels and churches around. I wonder what the stupid bishop want to gain with his lies

Quite true indeed.
Nigerian Christian are especially most intolerant and the biggest hypocrites of the lot - I know for sure that Christian students in Bayero University do have a place to worship and their association is freely and fully functional - the Bishop is clearly lying in this particular case.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by mujaya1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
Phagyrhe:

All these places you mentioned are almost in the same neighbourhood, merged up to one "location". Do you know the reason it is so?
you are liar, i want to know the reason ??
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Ilaje44(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
ozo13:
Hmmm.I don't wanna believe ds cos ds same factors he is highlighting if same thing wr to be applied to Muslims in the southern(southsouth and southeastern) part of the country same thing are not in favour of the Muslims either.unless if am wrong by ds my assertion WC I can delete from my mind if someone is about to convince me with statistics

How many times have you heard that children coming back from Sunday School in the South East/ South South go by the houses inhabited by Moslems, and start to throw stones at the house/window?

And don’t come with the argument that Moslems don’t live in these two regions. If you go to Shoprite Enugu you find a lot of Hausa children, well dressed and having fun without molestation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday / Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience / Greatest Atheist Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.