Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (17334 Views)

Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by rhid1: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
You're just a pathetic liar . But since youre a muslim, lying (Taqiya) is second nature to you so I won't hold it against you . I have lived in northern Nigeria all my life, and katsina is my second home . There is a place called Tenkiya(I'm sure you know this place ) in Katsina , do you know that that place has no church except in the barracks? The churches in Katsina are basically within barracks limits ; none are dispersed within the town, this is a fact . The only other institution to have a church is The Federal university Dutsin-ma,because it is a federal university.

Why is it so hard for someone to counter a point without resorting to insults? Any of such again and I won't reply you again.
There is no Tenkiya(random name, I guess) only Kankweia (where I pass through when going to Federal University Dutsinma - my Alma mater ). In Dutsinma alone, notable church structures are countless, same goes for Daura, Malumfashi (the hub of maguzawas), Funtua talk less of Katsina city which have the highest population of Christians out of all those places.
Furthermore, maybe you should tell us the name of the barracks in Dutsinma, Daura and Funtua that provides cover the churches there.
So the said schools in the post are local government Universities abi
Man, let's call a spade a spade........

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Born2Breed(f): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2018

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by alexmaye(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
appsdope:

How many do you want? Eh
lolz Ask Am

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by fergie001: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by timay(m): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
mdshell:
A FAT LIE!! Mention those universities!!!

No mind the guy, Most of those northerners he said were not admitted could not even make merit list or even score up to 50/100 in post utme to be considered for admission, except very few of them.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
agadez007:
I just noticed something about Muslims especially the Yoruba's ones
Whenever they are being called out for their crimes they try to rope Ndigbo into their madness
First it was Boko Haram,they created a "Mama boko" from Enugu Who speaks perfect Onitsha and dosent even know her own local government
Then an " Igbo man" was caught dressed as a Fulani herdsmen,no picture evidence whatsoever
Now one idiomatic expression is calling Michael Okpara University here, pls you guys should run your own race and leave Igbos to run theirs biko

The fulani in particular hate the Ibo with a passion. It's difficult to understand why.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Adebowale001(m): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
Why will the Bishop start saying this, let him give examples of schools, IN the south south and South east majority of schools don't v mosques for Muslims while the Christian have more churches in the school premises, example Micheal okpara university of agriculture,...even Rivers State University where the court have ruled that the schl shld give the Muslim students a place of worship up till now nothing v been done....

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Emperormartin(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
abd4jhd:

Likewise the same scenario in Eastern part of Nigeria. Abia is a good example as there are only two mosques in Umuahia
You have two mosques in umuahia and you're complaining...When u visited the city ask yourself how many muslims you saw on the street of umuahia
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by nnahernest(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
Close ur mouth,a portion of land was approved for u guys close to the post graduate hostel,becareful of what u post here about MOUAU because i work in the senate.

quote author=Agritech post=70339854]Also there are many Universities in the east and South south where there are no mosques for the Muslim students to pray. One of such is Michael Opara university of agricultural. In this universities lecture/exams hold during time for Muslim Friday prayers.[/quote]
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by henryobinna(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Agritech:
Also there are many Universities in the east and South south where there are no mosques for the Muslim students to pray. One of such is Michael Opara university of agricultural. In this universities lecture/exams hold during time for Muslim Friday prayers.
I don't think it's the school's job to build mosque or church for anybody. Moreover, the muslims I see in this school you mention pray in a space provided around IBB hostel, I can't sight a mosque there but they freely pray there without any issues..

Moreover in the East friday is a working day so why do you want them not to have test/exam/lectures around 12 O clock because a very handful of muslims. Most muslims I see here are traders and not even student.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by newjosboy: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do know why Muslims keep playing victims when I come to issues like this. In southern and eastern Nigeria, freedom of worship is given to each and every person (so long as it is within the confines of the norms of the people living there ). But you cannot see that in Northern Nigeria . An example is Katsina: You will hardly , I repeat , hardly see a church in Katsina . In fact , most churches are located within the barracks of soldiers or policemen . This evil trend should stop if we are to call ourselves "one Nigeria ".

Lie lie! I am a Christian and live in Layout in Katsina. Most Churches are found in Layout. About 20 of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by san316(m): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
VillagePipu:

Michael Okpara University of Agricultural grin grin

You better go back to tending your cattle and don't bother going to school. Education is not for everyone.

We the village people are not the ones doing you o, it's the Devil personally on your matter.

You should also ho back to whatever hole you came out from if u don't know that autocorrect can mess up somebody's writing. By the way, if you are truly educated, you should be looking at the point he's trying to make and not his spelling or language. Yeye

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by breakeven: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
Agritech:
Also there are many Universities in the east and South south where there are no mosques for the Muslim students to pray. One of such is Michael Opara university of agricultural. In this universities lecture/exams hold during time for Muslim Friday prayers.
Nobody in the east will deny Muslims a place to pray. Go and find out.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Bankyshinani(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
MRAKBEE:

How many minutes can a Muslim spend in the mosque on Friday?
I have been to some schools in the south south with almost all of them having religious centers for Muslims.
Dont come here and type bullshit
Bros, have u gone to Rivers State University of Science and technology, Port Harcourt, where muslims wey treated so bad... No mosque n if Muslims gather someone maybe for prayers or any other form of gathering, d school authority must scatter dat gathering..... So, always do ur findings well before u write....

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Grace001: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Religion is a tool for seperation.Nigeria being one of the most religious nation in the world will never be unite or develop. Religion will always create that problem of “we” and “them” Nigeria has lost a lot of lives because of religion more than countries that experience war.

Christians have their own criteria of who will go to heaven, Islam have their own criteria for who will go to Aljanah. In the real sense who will go to heaven among them? None of them will go to heaven, because according Islam criteria, Christian won’t make aljanah. And to the Christians, Muslim won’t make heaven.

Who is deceiving who. Africans lets be wise and free ourselves from this mental slavery that makes us a walking zombies.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by draggie(f): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
henrixx:
This is true

I schooled in the north and I experienced this. Christians are given lecture halls and sports pavillions to use for church with a time limit Despite there were many Christian professors in the school and despite the school had vast expanse of unused land. Even the Christian organisation applied for land but the university authority refused to approve it.
. I experienced the same in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Bankyshinani(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Corrinthians:
We Christians are just bent on making the world see us as victims.

When this happened in RSUST, not a word was heard on social media. No one cared. But once the favour is returned, the world goes gaga!

http://www.informationng.com/2012/02/injustice-reigns-in-rsust-as-management-razes-students-mosque-arrest-students.html

Bros, May God bless u... I was a student of RSUST back den n I was denied alot of tins from d school management just because I was a muslim... D discrimination too much... I was also locked up at d security post

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by velocity25(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
children of northern Nigeria are brainwashed on daily basis to hate their fellow Christians.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Positivepoint(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do know why Muslims keep playing victims when I come to issues like this. In southern and eastern Nigeria, freedom of worship is given to each and every person (so long as it is within the confines of the norms of the people living there ). But you cannot see that in Northern Nigeria . An example is Katsina: You will hardly , I repeat , hardly see a church in Katsina . In fact , most churches are located within the barracks of soldiers or policemen . This evil trend should stop if we are to call ourselves "one Nigeria ".

Pls can u provide a land in any eastern state I will buy and build mosque and Islamic school let test what u are saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Even government agencies and parastatals in the North are guilty of this. Go to CBN on Maiduguri road in Sokoto Metropolis, you will see a very big mosque right at the entrance, inside the compound. Go to the State and Federal Ministries in the same Sokoto, you see very big mosques.

In 2013, the brouhaha that happened after the subsidy removal led to the destruction of almost all the churches in Sokoto simply because a Christian president was at the helm of affairs.

I could remember vividly when Redeemed Christian Church of God members came to Achida town, Wurno LGA, Sokoto in 2015 to seek support and approval for the allocation of land or house which they can rent in order to set up a fellowship centre for Corp members, they left empty handed. It has been like this right from onset, and it will always be.

The CAC church, the only one in the town of Achida, was completely destroyed during the anti-subsidy protest. It took the intervention of the COP of Sokoto state who later deployed a new liberal DPO to the town to stop the Almajiris from stoning worshippers in the church in 2014.

You will never see a church built beside a house in the North, whereas there are so many mosques scattered all over. But is this same thing happening down South? Nay!

So many instances I can give. The bottom line is, there is zero-tolerance up North.

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by DreamersVille24(m): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
funnix:
Stupid Hippocrates! Everything must revolve around them. Muslims in the southeast/south never had the kind of freedom the Christians are having in the North. Different chapels and churches around. I wonder what the stupid bishop want to gain with his lies

Freedom?

When they live in clusters only?

When they are killed at the slightest riot by blood thirsty muslims?

Nawaa o.

Where has it ever been heard that religious violence against Muslims erupted in the south generally?

Keep deceiving yourselves.

The bishop knows what he's talking about but your people's hypocrisy will keep you all enslaved to religion.

Keep being blind wilfully.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by DreamersVille24(m): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
Witnes:

Thank u very much 4this just like u pass 2ru my heart. I don't ably know what is wrong with this insane man, Kukah inciting religion rift all time. If they are not tolerant would he b in sokoto as a Xtian leader? I can bet with my balls that Xtians enjoying northern part than d way Muslims enjoy staying in d south east. From inception this man never liked this admn. because no more free money as usual. D man should get a life biko

Oga shut your mouth.

What are Christians enjoying there?

He segregation where they have to live in designated areas?

Or the rampant religious vi9lence meted against them without any for of justice for decades?

Ostrich keep burying your head!
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/280422-christians-not-allowed-places-of-worship-in-some-northern-tertiary-institutions-bishop-kukah.html
Catholic diocese of Sokoto. Nothing like Roman catholic diocese of Sokoto.

In fact there is nothing like Roman catholic it is an aberration.
The church has always identified herself as Catholic church.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Danni2: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
Bishop Kukah is very very right...FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES should be places where religious and ethnic biases shouldn’t be allowed. Kukah is talking about Federal Universities in the north and he is right. All the universities he mentioned are federal universities. There should be churches and mosques in all federal universities.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Turantula(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
trapQ:
Can a northerner beat the cut off mark for southern schools?

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by CodeTemplar: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
ollah2:

The logic in Nairaland is, portray Islam or Muslims in a bad light and expect them to come in full ammos to attack anything and everything about the faith. The same people would never say a word when theirs are called on. The bigotry in the North is the same in the East but it's okay if they do so whilst it's wrong to be done in the North
Stop that.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Religion of peace!

They only preach peace when they are few in number or new to a territory. But when they are majority they kill any opposing religion and oppress innocent christans. This technique was learnt from Satan the devil...

If you give them a taste of their own medicine they would start crying...

Why I'm sharing this country with some set of people is something I can't quite understand...

SHOW US YOUR OWN

UNITED NATIONS AND OTHERS HAVE COMFIRMED ISLAM AS THE MOST PEACEFUL RELIGION, EVEN OBAMA SAID SO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by VillagePipu: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
san316:

You should also ho back to whatever hole you came out from if u don't know that autocorrect can mess up somebody's writing. By the way, if you are truly educated, you should be looking at the point he's trying to make and not his spelling or language. Yeye

Stop defending stupidity. Oh, maybe that's actually what binds you together with that idiot.

1 Like

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by mujaya1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
Phagyrhe:
Even government agencies and parastatals in the North are guilty of this. Go to CBN on Maiduguri road in Sokoto Metropolis, you will see a very big mosque right at the entrance, inside the compound. Go to the State and Federal Ministries in the same Sokoto, you see very big mosques.

In 2013, the brouhaha that happened after the subsidy removal led to the destruction of almost all the churches in Sokoto simply because a Christian president was at the helm of affairs.

I could remember vividly when Redeemed Christian Church of God members came to Achida town, Wurno LGA, Sokoto in 2015 to seek support and approval for the allocation of land or house which they can rent in order to set up a fellowship centre for Corp members, they left empty handed. It has been like this right from onset, and it will always be.

The CAC church, the only one in the town of Achida, was completely destroyed during the anti-subsidy protest. It took the intervention of the COP of Sokoto state who later deployed a new liberal DPO to the town to stop the Almajiris from stoning worshippers in the church in 2014.

You will never see a church built beside a house in the North, whereas there are so many mosques scattered all over. But is this same thing happening down South? Nay!

So many instances I can give. The bottom line is, there is zero-tolerance up North.
what you can said about many church in old airport, bello way, j alien, kwannawa, trade fair.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by abdulkayus(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
MrExcel:

Do they have a Chapel ? Tell me about it

Christians in Bayero University, Kano do have chapel. There is chapel of victory (Hausa and English) section and there is also Catholic. I do agree that there is no building as a church but theatres, lecture halls and pavilion are used as Church and fellowship centers. ABU Zaria do have buildings as church but I don't know of some other northern universities.
But this same scenarios also played out in the south also, especially south east and south south. When I did my NYSC in Anambra state, there is no mosque in Unizik, we even applied for a certificate of occupancy for us to build a mosque at Abagana secretariat but we were denied. So this issue is all round and it is not something to be happy about. This religion bigotry and sentiments is really killing us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by dlondonbadboy: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
SistasRule:

SHOW US YOUR OWN

UNITED NATIONS AND OTHERS HAVE COMFIRMED ISLAM AS THE MOST PEACEFUL RELIGION, EVEN OBAMA SAID SO

Lol. Deep down your heart don't you know what your religion entails? Haha
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by abdulkayus(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Johnson5258:
Is there church in Al-Hikmah University?

Is there a mosque in covenant, landmark, babcock, redeemers and Bingham universities?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Greatest Atheist Quotes / Which Of The Following Do Not Give Offering In Church? (PHOTOS) / Things You Never Thought God Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.