Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' (30913 Views)

Shan George's Money Returned To Zenith Bank Account / Toolz: 'Don't Allow People Rush You Into Marriage' / Shan George Calls Teddy A’s Dick A 'Tiny Noodle' (BBNaija Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by HomeOfMe(f): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2018
stane007:
Nollywood veteran actress, Shan George, who shared a new video on her Instagram page from the streets of New York, has advised Nigerians desperate to travel abroad, to think twice about their decision. 

According to Shan George, the hustle abroad 'na die' and people who owe rent abroad are locked out within 4 days. She concluded her video by telling Nigerians to never leave their country, unless they are sure of where they are going. 

The video from Shan George is coming shortly after Nigerian Comedian, Alibaba who shared the viral video of the American man who advised intelligent people to leave the country on his Instagram, supported the man's view with past happenings.

Click link to watch video;

https://lailasnews.com/abroad-na-die-dont-allow-people-to-exploit-your-desperation-shan-george/

I won't agree with madame Shan George 100%,no! Even though the grass is not always greener at the other side and every country has their own peculiar problems. Compared to better opportunity if you're living in the country legally,it's far better than Nigeria. I don't just open my mouth gbaga because I want to talk. I visit those places,work for three to five months save money and return. And that is possible because my brother is a citizen. It'd only be a bit difficult if you do not have work permit. They have a working system,they're organized. So if you're a law abiding,responsible and disciplined person,you'd make it abroad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Realname: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2018
Caseless:
Experience is the best teacher. Leave them to taste the Mediterranean first. No one gave those rescued and brought back what it feels like.

Don't be deceived because you where denied visa.

She is living in New York for over 10 years , she has refused to come back yet she is telling you not to relocate and you are buying it?

Funny you, first of all understand that all Nigerians have a crab mentality ,rather than help her relatives relocate I beet you this is the story she sells them so Everytime she comes back in December she gives them the second hand clothes she picked from the bargain bin in cosco and they jump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by emperorblog(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Awon oloshi... Awon oloriburuku...atöle oshi... Agbaya... Olodo... Ole...òbun! angry

After traveling to the abroad and making money you are advising those who wants to leave this hell not to? Do you know what we go through in this shìt hole everyday?

A country without good educational system?

A country with criminals in government?

A country where you can't own a car as a young man without being tagged YAHOO BOY

A country where having a car (Toyota camry 2007) seems like an achievement and people look at you as a big man?

A country that has a currency (5 naira) that can buy anything?

A country with the highest number of yahoo boys turn pastor?

A country where a graduate thanks God for earning 100k monthly? (Same amount people earn withing 20 hours in other counties)

A country that rather vote for specific political parties and tribes than personalities with the capability to lead it forward?

E no go better for una whey dey advice people to stay and die in poverty. You want to keep living in wealth why others suffer. Your kids will suffer same fate!

Yes, I know the grass is not always greener on the other side but isn't that better than a country (Nigeria) without no grass?

Even a country that literally has no grass (Dubia) is flourishing than this toilet seat (Nigeria).

Stop being a hypothetical simpleton.. If you wanna advise Nigerians, come back home and face the same things we do to survive everyday.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Realname: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2018
thesicilian:
They won't hear. They will adamantly claim that anywhere else is better than Nigeria, until they get they and find out that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

She is living in New York for over 10 years , she has refused to come back yet she is telling you not to relocate and you are buying it?

Funny you, first of all understand that all Nigerians have a cran mentality ,rather than help her relatives relocate I beet you this is the story she sells them so Everytime she comes back in December she gives them the second hand clothes she picked from the bargain bin in cosco and they jump

Be smart don't be deceived

Everywhere is better than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by jembalord: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Her opinion
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Realname: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Awon oloshi... Awon oloriburuku...atöle oshi... Agbaya... Olodo... Ole...òbun! angry

After traveling to the abroad and making money you are advising those who wants to leave this hell not to? Do you know what we go through in this shìt hole everyday?

A country where you can't own a car as a young man without being tagged YAHOO BOY

A country where having a car (Toyota camry 2007) seems like an achievement and people look at you as a big man?

A country that has a currency (5 naira) that can buy anything?

A country where a graduate thanks God for earning 100k monthly? (Same amount people earn withing 20 hours in other counties)

A country that rather vote for specific political parties and tribes than personalities with the capability to lead it forward?

E no go better for una whey dey advice people to stay and die in poverty. You want to keep living in wealth why others suffer. Your kids will suffer same fate!

Yes, I know the grass is not always greener on the other side but isn't that better than a country (Nigeria) without no grass?

Even a country that literally has no grass (Dubia) is flourishing than this toilet seat (Nigeria).

Stop being a hypothetical simpleton.. If you wanna advise Nigerians, come back home and face the same things we do to survive everyday.

You said the truth
This lady has been living in New york for over 10 years now

She has refused to come back

She tells this story to nnamdi and obi in her village Everytime they beg her to help them relocate instead she advises them to sell fanyogo in traffic in Lagos

Nigerians are wicked and have a crab mentality.

Have you noticed it's always those living abroad who tell their poor relatives this stroy about Nigeria being better?

Or those who have returned in old age after living their whole youth abroad ?

Forget them, Nigeria is the worst country to live in on this Earth !

I can't even wish on anyine I consider an enemy to be stuck in Nigeria for life

For you to understand how terrible Nigeria is, even terminally ill patients that have cancer are still better off abroad than their counterparts in Nigeria

Nigeria is hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by jembalord: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2018
her opinion
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2018
Pat081:
abi now her children re base dia ooooo she too base dia ooooo d fool is now giving useless advice to people If she want mi too blive her she too Shuld cum back home

The fool has not asked you not to go, she only advised that you're sure you'd be in safe hand. But since she's a fool, just follow Cameroon and go. But don't come back to tell us tales.

1 Like

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by CocoaOla: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2018
The leadership is the biggest Nigerian problem with rife corruption and lack of basic humanity.
The Nigerian people are suffering from a lack of leadership and too much religious dogma.
One of the main problems with Nigerians is that they are too tolerant of their politicians. No strikes or protest marches for justice. They have come to terms with the fact that they have to bribe a government official, customs officer, police officer, immigration officer just to progress in life.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Pat081: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2018
That is how one man who just cum back with his family and 4 cars is telling mi dat is nt easy over dia and d smallest car will go 4 six to 10 million naira oo

1 Like

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by thesicilian: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2018
Realname:

Lol. I haven't even applied once yet. And when I do, hopefully they'll have no reason to deny me.

Funny you, first of all understand that all Nigerians have a cran mentality ,rather than help her relatives relocate I beet you this is the story she sells them so Everytime she comes back in December she gives them the second hand clothes she picked from the bargain bin in cosco and they jump

Be smart don't be deceived
I guess you have some very interesting points there.

Everywhere is better than Nigeria

Hahaha
Can't be that bad, but I get the gist, though.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Pavarottii(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2018
Cumtroller:
Veteran Actress with flat breast!!!!
Who is this pervert rushing to front page to comment with his dick.

2 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Pavarottii(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

A country that has a currency (5 naira) that can never buy anything?

See frustration... who is holding ur leg from travelling?

2 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2018
HomeOfMe:
I won't agree with madame Shan George 100%,no! Even though the grass is not always greener at the other side and every country has their own peculiar problems. Compared to better opportunity if you're living in the country legally,it's far better than Nigeria. I don't just open my mouth gbaga because I want to talk. I visit those places,work for three to five months save money and return. And that is possible because my brother is a citizen. It'd only be a bit difficult if you do not have work permit. They have a working system,they're organized. So if you're a law abiding,responsible and disciplined person,you'd make it abroad.

Tell them

2 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by sammirano: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Racism is far better that tribalism. Yorubas hate igbos and vice versa, what other treatment are you talking about?

Mehn, you haven’t been outside the shores or Nigeria before, when you do you will know that Nigeria is a jungle

I don't need to, in order to know what i want to know. So racism is better imaginary tribalism to you. That's pathetic, how many people have been killed as a result of your imaginary tribalism in contrast to racism.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by odunayoesther(f): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2018
[God bless you my brother for this wonderful piece. quote author=vizkiz post=70384968]You people are mad.

[/quote]
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Bros, oil dey your head wella. You get sense pass Buhari and the Nollywood Hole low show babe wey dey advice people to stay 9ja. One love from the other side.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Dongreat(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2018
AmuEwu:

Your friend should chose option 2
First he should try to negotiate something above the 500 naira for every room booked. Maybe 800 to 1,000 would be fine. Or better still aside the job of the hotel manager, he should take another side job in the hotel and get paid for it.

Certainly and Stability are some of the most important things in life for me, that's why I'll choose the second option.
Finally, if he can coordinate himself in 2 years he should be able to visit the US well without any hassle

Your reasons are fantastic but about the negotiating part it seems to be too late as he already said it’s what he told his mother if he decide on choice 2. Thanks again.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by timay(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2018
CocoaOla:
The leadership is the biggest Nigerian problem with rife corruption and lack of basic humanity.
The Nigerian people are suffering from a lack of leadership and too much religious dogma.
One of the main problems with Nigerians is that they are too tolerant of their politicians. No strikes or protest marches for justice. They have come to terms with the fact that they have to bribe a government official, customs officer, police officer, immigration officer just to progress in life.

You are right bro, we are all literarily suffering from Stolcohm syndrome in this country. Instead for us to fight our oppressors(the ruling Class), some of us are now ass licking them and singing there praises. it's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Dongreat(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Option 2, never try breaking the immigration rules , if caught, you will never smell USA in your lifetime and might also affect your chances of goin to other countries.

Thanks loads
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2018
I have always been an advocate of this. Some call Nigeria shithole, zoos and all sort of names simply because they don't seem to see any good in-here. Ask them to send you ordinary 50 Dollar once they have the opportunity of traveling abroad and they won't pick your calls again. Whereas, shitt business is serious business and money made out of shitt hustle no dey smell grin . Nigeria is a land of opportunities where a nobody could be somebody and become recognised at the world stage. You were born in Nigeria and not elsewhere for a reason. Pray God shows you the potentials inherent in the land so you could tap into it. Had the late Kofi Anan been an American, instead of Ghanaian, he probably wouldn't have been the UN Secretary of state for 2 terms. God create people in various countries for a reason. God can never make mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Silensa(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Plz fellow Nairalanders, if you are giving the choice of either going to work in Dubai and studying while working in Cyprus, which one will you choose?

Give some reasons please
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by lereinter(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
if she had stayed in Nigeria

she would have been begging for food by now

idiot devil � fire u
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by TheAngry1: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Mumu, she is able to travel abroad because she worked hard in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dongreat:
Guys my friend is quite confused at the moment. He’s been given two choices which is (1) he will travel to the USA on a visitor visa and abscond, remaining there and working for his papers or (2) manage his mothers newly built 50 rooms hotel in Delta state where he’s entitled to N500 per any of the lounged rooms daily.

What do you think is best for him please.
Option 2, at least he will be making within the range of 10k-25k per day. That is a serious business, If I have such opportunity my life will change within few months.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by 10kbelow: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
Carry your PC go abroad many site go open for you.. Imagine 9ja wey no fit register paypal.

Plenty advantage de for person wey fit hustle well.

De any where de press nothing like sars or police wey go harass you
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by hustla(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dongreat:
Guys my friend is quite confused at the moment. He’s been given two choices which is (1) he will travel to the USA on a visitor visa and abscond, remaining there and working for his papers or (2) manage his mothers newly built 50 rooms hotel in Delta state where he’s entitled to N500 per any of the lounged rooms daily.

What do you think is best for him please.

Option 2
He can save up the money for 1 year (the visitor visa should be 2 years), then head to the US, spend 4 months and come back To Nigeria (Travel history)

.. Then make some more money in Nigeria, then arrange to travel to the US or Canada via legit means

Easy stuff
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fhowe:
Most are too ashamed to come home empty handed don’t be deceived a lot of people are wasting their lives abroad ,unless you want to go into crime and end up in jail many Nigerians are in jail over silly stuffs life is more than the fine pictures people post of Facebook
I wish I used my return ticket when I had the opportunity years ago. Even now that I make good money abroad taxman ,social security and student loan department dictate how you spend every dime.

Sometimes I feel like I'm working hard so I can pay the government for the life I live.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
Well it all depends on what you have, based on what I heard, you must have a degree or skills (especially ICT skills and other relevant skills) which are needed in that country you are going. Abroad can't work for everyone, some people are destined to make it in Nigeria.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Topmaike007(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

when dey enslave you their ur eye go clear,who tell you make you no go sebi people wey return from Libya dey cover face for TV...
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Cumtroller:
Veteran Actress with flat breast!!!!
how does her breast Co relate with the story? Typical osu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyindamola Olagunju Graduates With First Class From University Of Bedfordshire / Uche Jombo Reacts To Divorce Rumour, Tells Bloggers "Leave My Family Alone" / Goodluck Jonathan With Comedian Bovi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.