Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' (30911 Views)

Shan George's Money Returned To Zenith Bank Account / Toolz: 'Don't Allow People Rush You Into Marriage' / Shan George Calls Teddy A’s Dick A 'Tiny Noodle' (BBNaija Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by hustla(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dongreat:

Apparently dude has a traveling history as he did his undergraduate in England then came back home for NYSC before heading to Scotland for Masters.

Why didn't he stay back in Scotland after?
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fhowe:
thats the reality most dont know ,your friend will tell you all sort of lies and entice you to come over ,you begin to sell valuables you eventually get there this same friend will be the first to start sharing bills with you and eventually kicks you out once the bta is finished .The reality sets in you result to crime to meet up and save face you get caught and the story is on nairaland front page and we will start commenting that is the bitter truth most dont want to swallow.I see many on a daily basis in the malls ,parks begging for alms once they see or notice you are naija ,even citizens of most of these countries we rush to are homeless and sleep on the street it is not childs play dont be deceived
"If its not paying , why don't you come back they ask?" Why should I come back , when you are in Nigeria expecting me to bring home a Gwagon, meanwhile I my entire paycheck go on bills.

Its a messed up situation. And Nigerians that want a glamorous life style without much work make it even more complicated.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by adegeye38(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Awon oloshi... Awon oloriburuku...atöle oshi... Agbaya... Olodo... Ole...òbun! angry

After traveling to the abroad and making money you are advising those who wants to leave this hell not to? Do you know what we go through in this shìt hole everyday?

A country without good educational system?

A country with criminals in government?

A country where you can't own a car as a young man without being tagged YAHOO BOY

A country where having a car (Toyota camry 2007) seems like an achievement and people look at you as a big man?

A country that has a currency (5 naira) that can never buy anything?

A country with the highest number of yahoo boys turn pastor?

A country where a graduate thanks God for earning 100k monthly? (Same amount people earn withing 20 hours in other counties)

A country that rather vote for specific political parties and tribes than personalities with the capability to lead it forward?

E no go better for una whey dey advice people to stay and die in poverty. You want to keep living in wealth why others suffer. Your kids will suffer same fate!

Yes, I know the grass is not always greener on the other side but isn't that better than a country (Nigeria) without no grass?

Even a country that literally has no grass (Dubia) is flourishing than this toilet seat (Nigeria).

Stop being a hypothetical simpleton.. If you wanna advise Nigerians, come back home and face the same things we do to survive everyday.
Our country is a reflection of who we are, 9ja is d most naturally blessed nation in the world, but we destroyed that
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
Seunnzy:

I'm on ma way to the park.mind if i come pick u up?

Yes oooooo
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Cotonou sef na oversea na... grin

Hehehheeh very funny
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Seunnzy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Yes oooooo
Pick some wears..straight to Jamaica
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
Seunnzy:

Pick some wears..straight to Jamaica

grin
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Seunnzy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
JamaicanLove:

grin
U dnt reply PMs?
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
Seunnzy:

U dnt reply PMs?

I do
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Seunnzy(m): 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
JamaicanLove:

I do
PMd u
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
HomeOfMe:
I won't agree with madame Shan George 100%,no! Even though the grass is not always greener at the other side and every country has their own peculiar problems. Compared to better opportunity if you're living in the country legally,it's far better than Nigeria. I don't just open my mouth gbaga because I want to talk. I visit those places,work for three to five months save money and return. And that is possible because my brother is a citizen. It'd only be a bit difficult if you do not have work permit. They have a working system,they're organized. So if you're a law abiding,responsible and disciplined person,you'd make it abroad.

Are you a law abiding citizen?
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dongreat:

Oh mehn that nah serious money true true. 10k daily nah 300k per month. I go tell am option 2 abeg. 300k per month for Nigeria nah serious cash. Thanks

I didn’t want to comment before.

He should of course stay to grow the hotel.

No discussion needed.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by shegie(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
shut up jor...u wan compare the living of abroad to my country Nigeria because u get money u com dey yarn rubbish here
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by riches4me(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
theoldpretender:
HMM

If you are going abroad, make sure you have a skill that the country needs.

All those Oyinbo countries that hate immigrants, many of them dont like unskilled immigrants, or skilled immigrants who are coming to compete with the skilled natives.

Examples...the UK needs doctors and nurses...so they are taking in those two cadres. Japan needs English teachers, so they are taking in English teachers. And so on.

If you want to emigrate, make sure you are skilled...and skilled in what the country needs. Not the chap who has no degree, and runs away on the Mediterrenean...and ends up being some hawker for nothing.

As for Nigeria, because we have an economy that is based on sharing national cake, not on being productive...that is why we dont have enough jobs.

I'M SKILLED IN HUSTLING

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by HomeOfMe(f): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Are you a law abiding citizen?
Absolutely!
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Absolutely!

So you have a work permit to work while you're "visiting" your brother?

"I visit those places,work for three to five months save money and return. And that is possible because my brother is a citizen. It'd only be a bit difficult if you do not have work permit."
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

Awon oloshi... Awon oloriburuku...atöle oshi... Agbaya... Olodo... Ole...òbun! angry

After traveling to the abroad and making money you are advising those who wants to leave this hell not to? Do you know what we go through in this shìt hole everyday?

A country where you can't own a car as a young man without being tagged YAHOO BOY

A country where having a car (Toyota camry 2007) seems like an achievement and people look at you as a big man?

A country where a graduate thanks God for earning 100k monthly? (Same amount people earn withing 20 hours in other counties)

A country that rather vote for specific political parties and tribes than personalities with the capability to lead it forward?

E no go better for una whey dey advice people to stay and die in poverty. You want to keep living in wealth why others suffer. Your kids will suffer same fate!

Yes, I know the grass is not always greener on the other side but isn't that better than a country (Nigeria) without no grass?

Even a country that literally has no grass (Dubia) is flourishing than this toilet seat (Nigeria).

Stop being a hypothetical simpleton.. If you wanna advise Nigerians, come back home and face the same things we do to survive everyday.
Sound it!! Bro
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by adewealth22(f): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
she did the video on the street of new York And the place "na die", what's she doing there, she should have come back to Nigeria and tell us she left because the place "na die" mtcheeeeeewwwww
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

EgunMogaji oya come educate this aunty...she thinks habroad is Iyana Ipaja. Living outside the shores of Nigeria is not as difficult as being portrayed by our hanty.
• Follow the rules
• Pay your taxes on time
• Declare any side hustle money
• Pay your bills and utilities on time
• Don't live a fake life...only spend what you can repay (Credit Cards especially)
• Of all the abroad nah NYC you see to go stay there must be a Nigeria god by your side...

Well, she used the word desperate though grin

Here's my opinion.

There's nothing fantastic about immigrating anymore, our fore fathers have been doing it for decades, one of my Uncles graduated from San Francisco State in the 60's.

All I ask is that people immigrate and travel legally and legitimately. When possible.

I would never tell anyone not to go to US or UK. A loosely translated Yoruba proverb, "We don't tell children not to get a disease by choice, as long as they can live in the forest alone".
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by adewealth22(f): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

Everybody be shouting abroad na die, abroad na die.. but none of them will choose Nigeria over the said abroad... Dem say make you chop meat, you dey complain say na bone... oya throway am na, you say no because small meat still remain inside.

Spare us the trash talk abeg... Make we sef go experience the die wey una dey talk, Nothing like "we die here" for Nigeria again.
loud it
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by adewealth22(f): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Firefire:
Then go back to Nigeria.
abi ooo, after all the place "na die"
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by BruncleZuma: 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Well, she used the word desperate though grin

Here's my opinion.

There's nothing fantastic about immigrating anymore, our fore fathers have been doing it for decades, one of my Uncles graduated from San Francisco State in the 60's.

All I ask is that people immigrate and travel legally and legitimately. When possible.

I would never tell anyone not to go to US or UK. A loosely translated Yoruba proverb, "We don't tell children not to get a disease by choice, as long as they can live in the forest alone".

I guess so...
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by HomeOfMe(f): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So you have a work permit to work while you're "visiting" your brother?

"I visit those places,work for three to five months save money and return. And that is possible because my brother is a citizen. It'd only be a bit difficult if you do not have work permit."
Since I'm not a permanent US resident,I do not have work permit. But I still work at old people's home,restaurant,factory,etc. I only visit like once in 2years,stay for btw 2,4 or 5months. Atleast,working 2-3 jobs help me save a reasonable amount of money. For those who don't have anyone over there,they might struggle a bit,but with determination,hardwork and sometimes luck,they'd be able to succeed.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by colestephan86: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
stane007:
Nollywood veteran actress, Shan George, who shared a new video on her Instagram page from the streets of New York, has advised Nigerians desperate to travel abroad, to think twice about their decision. 

According to Shan George, the hustle abroad 'na die' and people who owe rent abroad are locked out within 4 days. She concluded her video by telling Nigerians to never leave their country, unless they are sure of where they are going. 

The video from Shan George is coming shortly after Nigerian Comedian, Alibaba who shared the viral video of the American man who advised intelligent people to leave the country on his Instagram, supported the man's view with past happenings.

Click link to watch video;

https://lailasnews.com/abroad-na-die-dont-allow-people-to-exploit-your-desperation-shan-george/

Keep fooling yourself , I work as a trucker her , owner operator and I gross over 8k in a month, Dou I didn't start like this immidiatly I got here but trust me when I started I still earned way more than some bank mangers in Nigeria. Best believe all you need to survive her is skill and decipline. GBA be u go cash out
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Richwole: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
Madam my advice for you is to come back home.you wasted flight fee that can start up business here in Nigeria getting abroad you are lazy and cannot work and you know open your wide mouth to advice nigerians not to travel .no dry land anywhere... once you cannot work hard when the job is available means you cannot put food on your table.is everywhere.thank God always when you have good opportunity.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Richwole: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
Madam my advice for you is to come back home.you wasted flight fee that can start up business here in Nigeria getting abroad you are lazy and cannot work and you know open your wide mouth to advice nigerians not to travel .no dry land anywhere... once you cannot work hard when the job its available means you cannot put food on your table.is everywhere.thank God always when you have good opportunity.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Richwole: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
Madam my advice for you is to come back home.you wasted flight fee that can start up business here in Nigeria getting abroad you are lazy and cannot work and you know open your wide mouth to advice nigerians not to travel .no dry land anywhere... once you cannot work hard when the job its available means you cannot put food on your table.is everywhere.thank God always when you have good opportunity
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Fhowe: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
Netanyahu1:
"If its not paying , why don't you come back they ask?" Why should I come back , when you are in Nigeria expecting me to bring home a Gwagon, meanwhile I my entire paycheck go on bills.

Its a messed up situation. And Nigerians that want a glamorous life style without much work make it even more complicated.
they don’t know my brother that most just stay back to save face a trip to naija and back you need nothing less than $5000 to even save up that $5000 you will work your ass up I told a close colleague what I pay for house rent monthly he almost ran mad but the truth is that you don’t have a choice these days I just advice people to stay back

1 Like

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Since I'm not a permanent US resident,I do not have work permit. But I still work at old people's home,restaurant,factory,etc. I only visit like once in 2years,stay for btw 2,4 or 5months. Atleast,working 2-3 jobs help me save a reasonable amount of money. For those who don't have anyone over there,they might struggle a bit,but with determination,hardwork and sometimes luck,they'd be able to succeed.

So you're not law abiding.

You're misusing your visa.

I don't care personally but please don't preach that you're law abiding when you are obviously not.

"An individual on a visitor visa (B1/B2) is not permitted to accept employment or work in the United States."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fhowe:
they don’t know my brother that most just stay back to save face a trip to naija and back you need nothing less than $5000 to even save up that $5000 you will work your ass up I told a close colleague what I pay for house rent monthly he almost ran mad but the truth is that you don’t have a choice these days I just advice people to stay back
My brother they will never understand., if I hear somebody say they earn 300k and own their own house in Nigeria. They don't know how good they have.

They are basically rich than 50% Americans with so much debt to offset all their wealth.

1 Like

Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dongreat:

Oh mehn that nah serious money true true. 10k daily nah 300k per month. I go tell am option 2 abeg. 300k per month for Nigeria nah serious cash. Thanks
You are welcome.
Re: Shan George: 'Abroad Na Die, Don't Allow People To Exploit Your Desperation' by Niccoloimhotep: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
vizkiz:
You people are mad.

something tells me you are my long lost brother I've been looking for. Where u been dey all these while bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Most Popular People In Nigeria 2015 - TMTN / Oyindamola Olagunju Graduates With First Class From University Of Bedfordshire / Uche Jombo Reacts To Divorce Rumour, Tells Bloggers "Leave My Family Alone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.