Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" (38616 Views)

Timaya To Eedris Abdulkareem: Dirty Looking Igbo Smoker, Stop Blames, Go & Work / Timaya To Eghosa Agnonifo: 'Stop Beating Your Wife' / Marriage Doesn’t Work, Just Have A Child - Timaya Advises Phyno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by crafteck(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
mytime24:
See them baby papas undecided

Giving advice to fellow men to b like them embarassed

What a shame

U know he's right though
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Tundeobama(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
kmcutez:
Very good advice.
olosho spoted
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by pansophist(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
jbreezy:
Honestly, itz jst hard to find a naija woman who will love yu unconditionally for wu yu are...american/ british women av different mentality tho...for me, itz either foreign woman or no marriage

If you have actually lived in the countries you mentioned, you won't have uttered such. Women are same everywhere bro

2 Likes

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tundeobama:
olosho spoted

Everyone is an olosho to the simple minded. You have no imagination to think outside the box. Probably your mother was an Olosho.

1 Like

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by pansophist(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
yettymuse:
very sad and not enviable. The reason a lot of women are rooted to a SITUATIONSHIP in the name of marriage is because of the patriarchal society they've found themselves and a whole lot cannot leave their PROVIDERS.

Have you asked yourself why the rate of divorce amongst Nigerians living abroad is lower compared to Nigerians living in Nigeria The system resets their archaic cultural values and makes them sit tight! Changes their misogynist being and brings reality to their doorstep.

Truth is, it's quite hard in this mad clime to have a 'forever happy after' without the usual appearance keeping. Kudos to the few ones that are GENUINELY and HAPPILY married in this COUNTRY. to the rest, the Lord is una strength!

Of course, you can always, conveniently, blame it on patriarchy, typical knee-jerk reply from women that lack any sense of accountability.

undecided
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by sarcasticdude(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shortyy:
SMH look at what a so called respected celebrity is vomiting from his mouth? Marriage is not for everyone. Don't discourage people from getting married just cuz you are not mentally mature to get married.
I'll get married someday, when I'm ready and with someone who understands me. Not just love, love isn't enough.

I'm so disappointed in you Timaya.

sharrap for there na golddiggers like una naim make male celebs no dey marry again! Cos of divorce and the other rubbish,imagine a n!gga working all his life for something only for some useless b!tch to take half or in some cases everything away all in the name of divorce
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by rickyrex(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
stane007:
Few hours after Nigerian music star, Timaya disclosed he is done making babies, he was spotted in a video advising Phyno and others about marriage

In the viral video Phyno shared on his Insta-story, Timaya was spotted saying 'marriage doesn't work, just have babies.' Here is the video below; 

https://lailasnews.com/marriage-doesnt-work-just-have-a-child-timaya-advises-phyno/

yes unfaithful men will like this
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
savvytouch:
Wasn't he the one always panel beating her Nigerians sha smh
I no hear this one wey you talk o.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by XaviDayo(m): 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
To think that this ediort actually made nothing of people's daughters. He forgot he has female kids too. So, it will be nice to make his own children baby mamas abi. Innocent children with a lame father.

If wetin I talk pain u....just move comot for my comment.

2 Likes

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by tunjilana: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2018
yettymuse:
very sad and not enviable. The reason a lot of women are rooted to a SITUATIONSHIP in the name of marriage is because of the patriarchal society they've found themselves and a whole lot cannot leave their PROVIDERS.

Have you asked yourself why the rate of divorce amongst Nigerians living abroad is lower compared to Nigerians living in Nigeria The system resets their archaic cultural values and makes them sit tight! Changes their misogynist being and brings reality to their doorstep.

Truth is, it's quite hard in this mad clime to have a 'forever happy after' without the usual appearance keeping. Kudos to the few ones that are GENUINELY and HAPPILY married in this COUNTRY. to the rest, the Lord is una strength!
But what really stops a woman in Nigeria from becoming a provider and being with a man on her own terms rather than marry just anyone that can provide
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
Waakanda:
Very wrong advice bro undecided ... As for me, I'm enjoying my marriage like 'kilode' cheesy
wakanda post is this
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Lorenzop: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Junglebloke:

If you can stake high(30,000 and above) on a 100% sure game and pay after win
What'sapp ==> 090655-36-331
If the game cast nko?....new way of scamming, give different people different outcomes and then collect money from the fellow who is lucky with the predicted outcome then those who lost will just cry....chai....cheap scam...we know una....guys don't fall for this o
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by bibiking7(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Yeah I think he is right
The ravaging trend of feminism ingrained in the minds of today's women is something else
Ladies will tell u submission and loyalty that kept our mothers in marriage back then are all things of the past.
Ladies now want to grow balls and be equal to the make in every aspect.

I think I read somewhere online where he said he doesn't want a woman who would stay at the door at night shouting down on him for coming late at night.someone trying to monitor him 24/7 on his whereabouts and activities
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by MrCEO69(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
xtervaganza:
He's right. I wish I never got married and more than 70% of married men feel the same way
Maybe u and ur dad...are included not me, my brothers, and my dad grin grin grin

Sorry wai
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by GetCofOProperty: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
pansophist:

Of course, you can always, conveniently, blame it on patriarchy, typical knee-jerk reply from women that lack any sense of accountability.

undecided
cool
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Jamesayo: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
...says a man with a failed marriage...
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by kosi1: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Waakanda:
Very wrong advice bro undecided ... As for me, I'm enjoying my marriage like 'kilode' cheesy
who epp you, you be celeb, if your marriage no work na prayers you need
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Tundeobama(m): 6:41am On Aug 28, 2018
kmcutez:

Everyone is an olosho to the simple minded. You have no imagination to think outside the box. Probably your mother was an Olosho.
my mum marriage is intact so is mine,its only olosho who jump dicks and thinks marriage doest work.marriage doesn't work for people with several sex partner or people thier mother did that
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2018
Tundeobama:

my mum marriage is intact so is mine,its only olosho who jump dicks and thinks marriage doest work.marriage doesn't work for people with several sex partner or people thier mother did that

Since most marriages in Nigeria have one partner or the other jumping preek and t*t*. Why are they still married?

I'm sure your mum has jumped preek several times, so has your dad. Your wife is also jumping from one preek to the other, but codedly. Probably you are also jumping t*t*.

Abegi, spare me the sanctimonious bullshit. There is no difference between married and single olosho. Your mum, dad, wife and you are all oloshos.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Tundeobama(m): 8:22am On Aug 28, 2018
kmcutez:

Since most marriages in Nigeria have one partner or the other jumping preek and t*t*. Why are they still married?

I'm sure your mum has jumped preek several times, so has your dad. Your wife is also jumping from one preek to the other, but codedly. Probably you are also jumping t*t*.

Abegi, spare me the sanctimonious bullshit. There is no difference between married and single olosho. Your mum, dad, wife and you are all oloshos.
its like it's being a while you had sex so its affecting your brain i can help you hook up with single frnds.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Rozaytee: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
xtervaganza:
He's right. I wish I never got married and more than 70% of married men feel the same way
thats y most of u are unfortunate...
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by xtervaganza(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
Rozaytee:
thats y most of u are unfortunate...
abi ori e buru ni?

Mo da si e ni?

1 Like

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by mailemy(m): 4:39am On Sep 11, 2018
omooba969:

@anjilgreat - you have no moral compass to side with the idea of denying either of the parents rights over their kids.

People like you ride on emotions, which is sad! cool
In Igbo land any child born out of wedlock belongs to the girl's family. He or she will bear thier surname. He will have every right to land in the mother's house.
You think being a father is just having a dick to impregnate a woman.

1 Like

Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by mailemy(m): 4:52am On Sep 11, 2018
Newboss:
Oh, how dumb those your people are angry

Who is your father? The one that paid your mom's bride price or the one that fücked your mom, released his semen into her pussy, and a sperm succeeded in fertilizing an egg which finally metastasized into a foetus?

Oh, some people are so dumb. angry

Go ahead and deny the child access to the father and blame the father when shit gets real. angry

You are dealing with a human being, not some plastic baby. angry
It's obvious you are high on something. In Igbo land, any child born out of wedlock belongs to the girl's family. He or she will bear thier surname. He will have every right to land in the mother's house.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by omooba969(m): 7:58am On Sep 11, 2018
mailemy:

In Igbo land any child born out of wedlock belongs to the girl's family. He or she will bear thier surname. He will have every right to land in the mother's house.

That bolded text above is a misuse of word, I mean it's an inappropriate word to use which is self-destructive. One question you have failed to ask yourself is - 'Is tradition made for man or man is made for tradition'? If tradition is made for man(which I believe that you'll agree with) then it shouldn't be greater than man nor destroy man but serve a useful purpose.

My question is - 'Does this Igbo tradition promote internal cohesion or further breeds rancour in the society'? Does it serve Justice? Just as it serves as an instrument of identity, also behaving as law, need I say that it will be improper for that aspect of your tradition to serve as law coz the final product of such tradition doesn't serve justice to the father & is not in the child's best interest - it calls into question that aspect of your tradition.

Your last paragraph DOES NOT negate the fact that the one who impregnated the woman is the true father of the child. When the time comes, water will eventually find its level - if you know what I mean. grin

Have a good day. cool
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by Ugosample(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2018
mailemy:

that is not applicable where I come from

In my village, the man will come and collect his child later on, and must be responsible for that baby

I've seen that happen a lot in recent times.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by mailemy(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
omooba969:

That bolded text above is a misuse of word, I mean it's an inappropriate word to use which is self-destructive. One question you have failed to ask yourself is - 'Is tradition made for man or man is made for tradition'? If tradition is made for man(which I believe that you'll agree with) then it shouldn't be greater than man nor destroy man but serve a useful purpose.

My question is - 'Does this Igbo tradition promote internal cohesion or further breeds rancour in the society'? Does it serve Justice? Just as it serves as an instrument of identity, also behaving as law, need I say that it will be improper for that aspect of your tradition to serve as law coz the final product of such tradition doesn't serve justice to the father & is not in the child's best interest - it calls into question that aspect of your tradition.

Your last paragraph DOES NOT negate the fact that the one who impregnated the woman is the true father of the child. When the time comes, water will eventually find its level - if you know what I mean. grin

Have a good day. cool
Definitely the man is still the father of the child. That's the tradition but it can be settled amicable btw both irrespective of the laid down tradition. But in case where the woman's family are in need of a child,definately the child will be theirs and will benefit from the woman's land. That does not relegate the father of the child.
I have a female friend,who is not married but has 3 children from different men with the support of her parents because she is the only child of the parents. I do not support her,because her parents are being selfish here. All of those 3 kids are with her parents.
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by omooba969(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
mailemy:

Definitely the man is still the father of the child. That's the tradition but it can be settled amicable btw both irrespective of the laid down tradition. But in case where the woman's family are in need of a child,definately the child will be theirs and will benefit from the woman's land. That does not relegate the father of the child.
I have a female friend,who is not married but has 3 children from different men with the support of her parents because she is the only child of the parents. I do not support her,because her parents are being selfish here. All of those 3 kids are with her parents.

I have another question about that tradition but wanna know if you're Igbo...are you?
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by mailemy(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2018
omooba969:

I have another question about that tradition but wanna know if you're Igbo...are you?
Yes
Re: Timaya To Phyno: "Marriage Doesn’t Work. Just Have A Child" by omooba969(m): 7:12am On Sep 12, 2018
mailemy:

Yes

Thanks.

May I ask what happens in the case of an Igbo woman having a baby (outside wedlock) by a guy from another tribe e.g Hausa, Itsekiri, yorùbá et al.

Does the custody/ownership claim apply to outsiders too? What are the provisions of your tradition with regards to this situation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Ex Bbnaija Housemates With The Largest Followers On Instagram / Daddy Freeze Compares Hushpuppi & Biodun Fatoyinbo With Jesus / Khafi Kareem Visits Bisi Fayemi, First Lady Of Ekiti At The Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.