Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (47925 Views)

"20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank / Diamond Bank Is A Fraud!, My 80,000.00 Naira Was Stolen Since Feb. In My Account / Is The Ghana Cedi Stronger Than The Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

Look back at our interaction, you strted the insults by refering to me as a lazy youth. You have no right to complain because you are the one that owes an apology. I am not bothered, but if it bothers you then acknowledge you started it. If you cant stand the heat then dont go to the kitchen,

As for the rest i honestly didnt bother reading it. I have said all there is to say.

EDIT: I later read your piece and you are clearly a liar....YES I called you a liar!!!
By the time I left Ife in 1990 ALL the expatriates had left, even the 1st class Nigerians had started leaving/ so that's lie no1. Even though I did not stdudy Architecture I can tell you that the Italian in Architecture had left and he wasnt even a professor.

lie no 2 it doesnt matter where you are if you lived in Lagos you would have heard of metroline, it was in the news like Saraki is in the news today. It just shows you werent aroiund then, if you wanted to lie well you would have said you lived outside Lagos.

lie no 3 if you really were a sheltered youth you would have likely entered university at an earlier age, all this talk of living in Ikoyi/v/i is BS except you were ward of domestic staff living in that area. People who lived in Ikoyi/VI went to university aged 15-17, max 18. If you had a priviledged upbringing as you say and only got admitted to University at 19 you were likely a dullard or you are lying. either of which make sense considering what you have been posting.

I am above your pay grade my friend. I smell Bullshit a mile away!!!
#
I have not told you who I am, but you started by telling us who you are in the hope you can fool me into thinking you are above what you really are. instead you have exposed yourselve to be creating a false persona on the internet. let the strength of your argument speak for you and on that level you fail....anybody cam make claims on the internet in the hope of pyschologically convincing the other that he knows what he is talking about.

You dont have the IQ to take me on so just drop it.

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wizod(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
OneCorner:
Wetin dz one dey talk bayi
exactly dat truth u just heard
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:
83-85 the lifeless cow started destroying everything

Check very well, Buhari assumed office on the very last day of 1983, and if as of 1983 the Naira was already down to 0.73 from its initial 0.6+ range, then it means it happened under Shagari who reigned for 364 out of the 365 days in 1983.
In addition, the Naira fell by less than 25℅ throughout Buhari's tenure, and it is understood that Buhari's ban on importation caused it. But all his successors did not at any time really ban importation yet the Dollar Ironically rose by astronomical percentages. Taking IBB for example, if you work the mathematics based on the figures in the chart you'll arrive at 1,800℅. For OBJ, you'll get 450℅.
So your assertion above is not based on careful and deep consideration of the facts but based on emotions of personal hatred.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
ebig21:
please check 1983 to 1985, Buhari era.that was when naira had a free fall

Wrong! Buhari got to power on the very last day of 1983, hence he couldn't have been responsible for the free fall that started under the Shagari who ruled for 364 out of the 365 days in that year.
Mind you also that Buhari's regime recorded the least depreciation percentages of the Naira (i.e. by just 25℅) and it was understandably due to his ban on importation.
Ironically all those who came after him recorded astronomical percentages of Naira fall without any clear reason... IBB: by over 1,800℅
OBJ: by 450℅
etc.
based on these percentages, it is clear that Obasanjo and IBB killed this country.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by lexy2014: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ever8054:
nawaooo ...as in he is lying or what?.... he is very correct you could buy a whole lot of things with 5naira then....
leave d guy. Na during abacha time dem born d guy

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
AreaFada2:

Buhari's poor economic management was inherited by IBB. Life got much harder within Bubu's 20 months. IBB attempted to correct it with SAP. With advise of IMF & World Bank. Against advise of local economists who feared inflation. IBB used the wrong medicine to try to cure the economic ailment Buhari left behind. You must witnessed and lived it it to understand, not told.

The 1983 coup destroyed Nigeria's credibility. Trying to keep the Naira strong artificially was going to be hard economically anyway. Lots of people lost their jobs under Bubu. Political stability & rule of law/democracy had become important in maintaining as sustainable economy. With 1983 coup Nigeria lost both. Worst still, after 20 months, Buhari had not even a road map to return to democracy.

People yap about "Buhari was not involved in the coup, he was called to take over". A fat lie. Buhari wanted power since 1979. He was against OBJ's following Murtala Mohamed's 1979 return to democracy. I have explained all here over the years.

Buhari only inherited those poor economic indices from Shagari. For example you can see that as of Dec 30 1983 the Naira had already fallen from the 0.6 range to the 0.7+ range under Shagari. Buhari's ban on importation was supposed to be the very painful but sure way to economic prosperity. However, his regime was truncated by IBB who ended up putting SAP in place while leaving the borders wide open.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

Look back at our interaction, you strted the insults by refering to me as a lazy youth. You have no right to complain because you are the one that owes an apology. I am not bothered, but if it bothers you then acknowledge you started it. If you cant stand the heat then dont go to the kitchen,

As for the rest i honestly didnt bother reading it. I have said all there is to say.

So because I thought you were a "lazy youth", that made you so angry that you started using gutter language like bastard and other foul language. A third party cannot blame me for thinking you are a lazy youth.

Believe I hardly enter the kitchen, I am above the level of exchanging foul language with anyone. I simply ignore those that go down to that level.

EDIT: I later read your piece and you are clearly a liar....YES I called you a liar!!!
By the time I left Ife in 1990 ALL the expatriates had left, even the 1st class Nigerians had started leaving/ so that's lie no1. Even though I did not stdudy Architecture I can tell you that the Italian in Architecture had left and he wasnt even a professor.

You allow your arrogance to get the better of you. You are telling me that you know my department better than me. I entered Ife in 1986, there were two Italian lecturers left when I entered, one Mr. Montero and another one we call Papa ( can't remember his name now). Papa was from the building technology department (he taught us BLD 201 and 202 ( structures). I think they left around 1989 or 1990

lie no 2 it doesnt matter where you are if you lived in Lagos you would have heard of metroline, it was in the news like Saraki is in the news today. It just shows you werent aroiund then, if you wanted to lie well you would have said you lived outside Lagos.

Na was o. You seem to suffer delusions also. Which news were listening to between 1979 and 1983? You probably finished secondary school around 1983, and you mean to tell me you used to buy and read newspapers then, when you were barely 17 years old? In the alternative, did you wait for NTA news at 9 to hear the news?

lie no 3 if you really were a sheltered youth you would have likely entered university at an earlier age, all this talk of living in Ikoyi/v/i is BS except you were ward of domestic staff living in that area. People who lived in Ikoyi/VI went to university aged 15-17, max 18. If you had a priviledged upbringing as you say and only got admitted to University at 19 you were likely a dullard or you are lying. either of which make sense considering what you have been posting.

I am beginning to sense jealousy in your tone. It is not my fault that you lived a hard life in your youth. You should thank god that you got a good education.

Who told you privileged people enter university between 15 and 17? I knew lots of spoilt brats who were so unserious with their studies that they were taken abroad after many failed attempt at WAEC and JAMB, by the time they enter university, they are almost 20.

I finished from St. Gregory's College, Obalende at the age of 17, I then went for 2 years advanced level schooling at a federal school of arts and science, by the time I entered Ife, I was already 19.
So how does entering university at 19 become an issue of privilege or not?

You exhibit so much arrogance, yet you make little intellectual contribution to this thread or forum as a whole, no substance whatsoever.

I am above your pay grade my friend. I smell Bullshit a mile away!!!
#
I have not told you who I am, but you started by telling us who you are in the hope you can fool me into thinking you are above what you really are. instead you have exposed yourselve to be creating a false persona on the internet. let the strength of your argument speak for you and on that level you fail....anybody cam make claims on the internet in the hope of pyschologically convincing the other that he knows what he is talking about.

It is now about pay grade. So how do you want us to compare pay grades? Should we post our pay checks? The problem is that I do not receive pay checks, I give them.

Where did l tell you who I am, I am even afraid of revealing too much information, as many people might connect the dots. I might even have interacted with you as we were at Ife around the same period.

I was only trying to buttress my points by stating personal experiences, but it seems you feel intimidated, thus you screams of lies, lies lies. If believing all I said are lies makes you feel better about yourself, then by Jove fell free to scream louder. Its a good therapy.

You dont have the IQ to take me on so just drop it.
You feel you have shown anything related to IQ on this thread? Maybe we need a third party to judge based on our posts.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Tejiriseth(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
How wont he.. He stole the opportunity and made it unavailable to others...
Sirjamo:
He has achieved more in life than you can ever dream of in 300 life times, you and your likes are just wasting away online abusing someone who was your parents president and return again to be your president, maybe one day, his son will be your children president.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

1. I insulted you because if you went to Ife at it's peak, saw and experienced the splendour/excellence of Ife and then open your mouth and say Awolowo had no vision...then that is what we call in yorubaland omo ale alayinironu and I stand by it.

2. You clearly went to ask people about montero, hence it took you a while to respond. I have seen enough from your posts to know you were nowhere near Ife in the 1980s. Anyone who was around then who reads your posts can tell because there are too many give aways, you talk from hearsay not experience....only young ones will be fooled. You are trying to be what you are not

3. inthose days all we had was TV and newspapers, everybody listened to LTV news at 7 and /or NTA9'oclock news young and old, because news wasnt 24 hrs like today, there were very few channels on Tv...it was an event!!! you read the papers when your parents were finished with it.....that's all we had in those days, there was no internet, youtube or 24hr tv. You couldnt escape the news!! That you dont know this shows you werent around then. Again you of the internet generation will not understand this so you dont understand how things operated in those days even kids knew what was going on...again exposing your lies. There is nobody who was around at the time especially if he lived in Lagos that was not aware of metroline.

4. You dont know who I am and unlike you I dont need to create a false persona on the internet, like I said the strength of my argument speaks for itself. you are the one trying to claim what you are not and let me say something. You don't understand how the elite educate their children. Nobody of a certain pedigree goes to Gregs in those days and then does A levels at federal school of arts and science, even if you are a dullard. you are lying because you dont know how these things work. it just shows you dont understand the life of those you are trying to pretend to be.

stop digging, the more dig the deeper the hole you find yourself. The effort you are making to prove to a stranger on the internet that you are not lying itself shows you are lying.

I wont respond to you anymore, save it.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

I am beginning to sense jealousy in your tone. It is not my fault that you lived a hard life in your youth. You should thank god that you got a good education.

I finished from St. Gregory's College, Obalende at the age of 17, .

wirinet:

I only heard of Jakande's Metro line because I lived a very sheltered youth. I lived and school on the island (Ikoyi and V/I) until I entered Ife at about the age of 19. I never crossed Carter Bridge to go to the mainland (except when I travelled abroad once a year.) So there was no way I would have physically seen the infrastructure for the metro line.

Youve been exposed, The internet never forgets: I told you I'm above your pay grade and IQ, BTW, above your pay grade is an expression, it has nothing to do with money, it means something beyond your comprehension! I told you i can tell from your posts we were educated differently and you are not from my generation but you didn't stop. I didnt even have to dig far!!

I guess we wont be hearing from you again!

by wirinet(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2013

wirinet:
I lost my first bank ATM yesterday. I withdrew some amount at Alaba around 11 Am in the morning through eko bank's ATM. I then took a bus to mile 2 and then to obalende before taking BRT home to Ikrorodu. Just before I got home around 5 pm' I noticed a hole in my breast pocket and my first bank ATM must have dropped through it. I was not very worried, because I felt any body that found my ATM would not be able to access my account easily because the person will not know my PIN. But I was dead wrong, on getting to my branch this morning to report the loss, I was told that my account had been cleared out between yesterday evening and this morning' with the lat withdrawal being made at 7 Am this morning. I was shocked' because I had always felt that ATM pins has a certain level of security. The customer service officer said that there is nothing that they can do, that my N135,000 is gone

On further enquries, I learn the first 4 withdrawals were made from first bank's branch at federal secretariat ikoyi and the other withdrawals were made at first bank's branch at ebute meta this morning. So I want to know how the thieves were able to gain access to my PIN and what I can do to get my money back.

I can only paint scenerios in this case. The first is that the thieves peeped at my PIN while withdrawing at alaba, then followed me from alaba to obalende and then somehow cut my breast pocket to obtain my ATM and then went on to make withdrawals. I doubt this because in many instances' I was the only person that boarded the bus from bus stops. When going from costain to race course, I was the only person in the bus stop.

The second plausible explanation is that the ATM dropped at Obalende and somebody picked it up and took it to an insider in first bank who was able to obtain the PIN internally. This might account for the fact that all withdrawals were from first bank's ATM.

Another plausible explanation is that Nigeria's ATM are highly insecure and so there are cheap card readers that can easily read PINs from stolen cards. So loosing your card is as good as loosing your money.

Please I need explanation and advice from expert bankers.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

Youve been exposed, The internet never forgets: I told you I'm above your pay grade and IQ, I told you i can tell from your posts we were educated differently and you are not from my generation but you didn't stop. I didnt even have to dig far!!

I guess we wont be hearing from you again!

by wirinet(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2013

Thanks for bringing back the memories of that episode, I had already forgotten. People did not believe that money was withdrawn from my ATM card without giving them the PIN.

So what did the fact that I lost my ATM card inside a bus between Alaba and Obalende in 2013 have anything to do with what we are talking about?

You are above my pay grade because I entered a bus in 2013 or that I was living in Ikorodu in 2013?
Please what is your point? This is proof that I did not live a sheltered youth or I did not attend Gregs?
And you will come here and start talking about IQ.

If I tell you the privileges, I enjoyed in my youth, you will probably commit suicide.
Let me give some snippets;
I was at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. I attended the closing ceremony where Lionel Richie performed. I stayed at the Hilton Los Angeles (downtown).

I was at both Disney world (Orlando ) and Disneyland (Los Angeles ) in 1986.

I attended every Notting Hill Gate carnival from 1984 to 1990.

Oya. Commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

Thanks for bringing back the memories of that episode, I had already forgotten. People did not believe that money was withdrawn from my ATM card without giving them the PIN.

So what did the fact that I lost my ATM card inside a bus between Alaba and Obalende in 2013 have anything to do with what we are talking about?

You are above my pay grade because I entered a bus in 2013 or that I was living in Ikorodu in 2013?
Please what is your point? This is proof that I did not live a sheltered youth or I did not attend Gregs?
And you will come here and start talking about IQ.

If I tell you the privileges, I enjoyed in my youth, you will probably commit suicide.
Let me give some snippets;
I was at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. I attended the closing ceremony where Lionel Richie performed. I stayed at the Hilton Los Angeles (downtown).

I was at both Disney world (Orlando ) and Disneyland (Los Angeles ) in 1986.

I attended every Notting Hill Gate carnival from 1984 to 1990.

Oya. Commit suicide.

how long did it take you to google these things? You fake wannabe.

Anybody who reads your posts knows your education is not from the '80s, there are giveaways and you dont have the level of exposure or the pedigree you claim. anybody can make claims. you cant fake these things!!

You are a fraud! and I am putting it here so if anyone googles wirinet, it will come up.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

how long did it take you to google these things? You fake wannabe.

Anybody who reads your posts knows your education is not from the '80s. you cant fake these things!!

You must commit suicide today.
I will snap my international passport showing the four year visa I was issued in 1984 but I will blot out my name and picture. Don't worry I will snap it with the current CNN program as background.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

You must commit suicide today.
I will snap my international passport showing the four year visa I was issued in 1984 but I will blot out my name and picture. Don't worry I will snap it with the current CNN program as background.

Oponu, one of the greatest signs of a lie and insecurity is the efforts to cover up the lie and convince. Youve already messed yourself up. You cannot tell a story you did not experience, google cannot help you. that you care about a stranger on the internet just shows you are insecure. I told you earlier the more more you dig, the bigger your hole.

Youve told me i'm a poor under privileged person, do you see me trying to convince you of my pedigree? why does it bother you so much...this is how thieves are caught
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

Oponu, one of the greatest signs of a lie and insecurity is the efforts to cover up the lie and convince. Youve already messed yourself up. You cannot tell a story you did not experience, google cannot help you. that you care about a stranger on the internet just shows you are insecure. I told you earlier the more more you dig, the bigger your hole.

Youve told me i'm a poor under privileged person, do you see me trying to convince you of my pedigree? why does it bother you so much...this is how thieves are caught

Here is fatality.

I will be shocked if you are still alive after seeing this.

I even forgot when I was first issued a US visa. I got another one in 86 when this one expired.

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

Here is fatality.

I will be shocked if you are still alive after seeing this.

I even forgot when I was first issued a US visa. I got another one in 86 when this one expired.

my friend you have problems o! firstly what does that prove? it could be anyone's passport, why are you even trying to prove anything to a stranger on the internet? you have BIG problems o!!

all this just tells me you are lying and you are trying to cover up. Nothing changes!!!
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

my friend you have problems o! firstly what does that prove? it could be anyone's passport, why are you even trying to prove anything to a stranger on the internet? you have problems o!!

all this just tells me you are lying and you are trying to cover up. Nothing changes!!!

I am through. I do not want people connecting the dots and identify me, so I have removed the picture.

Our ( should I say childish ) session is over.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
wirinet:

I am through. I do not want people connecting the dots and identify me, so I have removed the picture.

Our ( should I say childish ) session is over.

ode Oponu, go and catch your danfo, Notting hill ko Los Angeles ni, iru e? na so? son of houseboy or driver coming here to make noise!
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by kingsmead: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:

some people 're so stupid that de can't statistically calculate the relevant of dollar increase to our economy. . and their dia shouting say baba say buhari..

grow up... Obj-buhari 're statistically irrelevant to our strong economy. .
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by stieyven(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Khayil(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2018
Macopol01:
Nigeria can not be better except we choose a God sent messager, who wi rule, govern accordingly.

The Question Now Is How Do You Know That The Someone Is God Sent? And even if he is what about the others like the senators, ministers etc.

This some one thinks that God can't punish Nigeria?
The British made this region a country not God at least he is not written in the history that he gave his consent.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Godfrey858(m): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2018
blackpanda:

Na wa o...kontinuu

I no blame u

indomie generation���
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by lastdon5: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Sirjamo:
He has achieved more in life than you can ever dream of in 300 life times, you and your likes are just wasting away online abusing someone who was your parents president and return again to be your president, maybe one day, his son will be your children president.

He should be ashamed that both times he came to power, he destroyed everything.
if you call that an achievement, then am sorry for you... I rather be the lowest Angel than be a satan, even if he's the god of this world and underworld.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
EmekaMD:
Who noticed that naira became weaker to dollar during Buhari's first coming?

And see how far he's taken naira in his second coming..

You're still wondering what his third coming would look like for the naira should he be re-elected again?

Your guess is as good as mine!!
Abeg shut up. Everyone knows Nigeria's economic problems can be easily attributed to the senseless actions of Babangida and Abacha

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by EmekaMD(m): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2018
Kyri:
Abeg shut up. Everyone knows Nigeria's economic problems can be easily attributed to the senseless actions of Babangida and Abacha
shut up and read your history ewu..

Buhari caused Nigeria lots of economic downfall through his hostile policies and self-righteousness..

Read mumu
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2018
EmekaMD:
shut up and read your history ewu..

Buhari caused Nigeria lots of economic downfall through his hostile policies and self-righteousness..

Read mumu
Read kpu ogu dia
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by EmekaMD(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Kyri:
Read kpu ogu dia
fake account.. u better show up as a man that you are.

You're one of those monikers that mask themselves as girls to be scamming people abi?

I'm gonna report this account ASAP. It's closed down already..
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
EmekaMD:
fake account.. u better show up as a man that you are.

You're one of those monikers that mask themselves as girls to be scamming people abi?

I'm gonna report this account ASAP. It's closed down already..
undecided undecided undecided
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by ibegeeee: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2018

again you are talking out of ignorance. import substitution is a step along the path to export. Dangote now exports but he started first by import substitution. There was nothing wrong with the implementation of the national development plans until they were truncated. many of the infrastructure we continue to enjoy today were from those plans. Many of the Nigerian doctors that are doing great things abroad are a result of the development plans, the question you should ask is why are Nigeria's doctors abroad. The problem was the military came in and halted everything.

My mothers driver bought a brand new 504 GL back in the day. teachers/civil servants bought brand new cars then. what is a security guard doing with a brand new car.

stop talking out of ignorance

My friend, you are a wicked man. So its okay for you to be able to afford a brand new car but not a security guard? Nigerians are struggling to get out of Nigeria to become security guards in other countries. And people like are condoning low salaries because according to you a security guard does not deserve to drive a brand new car. In the developed countries security guards and other artisans drive brand new cars and live in the houses they have been able to buy with a mortgage. Why can Nigerian society not aspire to this standard of living?

People like cannot see beyond the poverty that is facing you and your society.

Import substitution industries in many cases produce substandard products that cannot be exported. Hence export oriented industries should start from a position of excellence and price reductions in order to encourage overseas buyers.

Here's a teaser for you....would rather have a farm that produced enough garri to feed your family or a farm that produced only pineapples that you sell a juice factory and the money you use to buy garri and pay your childrens school fees?
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by nairamaniac: 7:32pm On Apr 21
Ever8054:
nawaooo ...as in he is lying or what?.... he is very correct you could buy a whole lot of things with 5naira then....
in 2002?
You are a major accomplice to a very big liar.
Pure water was 5naira in 2002. Cowbell milk 5naira per sachet in 2002.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / Best Forex Trading Platform In Nigeria / Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.