Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,118 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Root Of A Cynosure - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Root Of A Cynosure (33425 Views)

Game Killer No Root Apk / Revisiting The Root Series #3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 12:38am On Aug 28, 2018
This is the first time I will be sharing our writing on this forum. We are working towards publishing some of our books, so we want to get feedback from the public before doing so.

A Bellan Fiction Books 2018. All rights reserved.

ONE

Immediately he set his eyes on her, he felt a bang in his heart and he began to shiver. He was wet after been under the rain for five minutes but he knew the shivering was not out of cold but the sight of this epitome of divine chef d'oeuvre.

Her beauty was ethereal, standing almost six feet tall with a statuesque and sculptured figure he called perfect. Her long magma-red hair crashed over her shoulder. Her honey sweet lips looked lilac soft and tickled his fancy .A pair of arched eyebrows placed above velvety eyelashes. She had sea-nymph ears, dainty nose and well set halo white teeth. She had her eyes on her i-phone7 and he noticed her varnished fingernails.

When she felt his movement and raised her enticing constellation-blue eyes at him, he felt his intestines cobble-wobbling. What was this? Was she real or just a dream ?

She wore a white body clinging, long sleeved top over blue denim pants making her decanter shaped waist prominent. Her ochrous hue complexion was impeccable. He guessed she was between nineteen and twenty-one.He felt like a victim of asphyxiation, She made him breathless, almost restless and he was sure he had never felt anything close to this. The intensity of the rain increased, and he guessed they were under the tent which was just a few yards away a tea shop for the same reason: avoiding the rain drops. He wondered why she chose to stand and not sit on the pew.

The only person with them under the tent was an elderly man who sat at the far end, obvious to the happenings around him as he seemed to put all his attention on the big bottle of Bloody Mary in front of him while a cancer stick burnt gradually in his hand.
He covered his head with a shabby flat cap, wore a heavy claret coloured rain coat and brown boots. But he was the least of his concerns now so he took his eyes off him.

" Hi. " He said " I hope I did not startle you."
" Hi, " she said. Oh no! Her voice was saccharine and sounded like a filtered sound with effects.

She said nothing after that but went back to her phone.
Her personality was elegant but he noticed her taciturnity. He moved closer, feigning to avoid the drops of water the breeze was spraying. She was chatting with someone on WhatsApp and she read something that made her produce a captivating smile which melted his heart. He felt jealous. Who wrote what made her smile? He wished that smile was his,and it came after telling her how much he loved her, missed her, and she smiled and said he was the best thing in her life,and they were holding hands, walking slowly to a posh,and driving off to sequestered cabin for the final phase of their honey moon.

" Hello", her saccharine voice brought him out of his daydream, but to his disappointment, she was answering a call and was not referring to him. She listened as someone spoke from the other end, crinkled her forehead then said," password?". She listened for another minute then said, " thank you" ended the call before going back to her WhatsApp.

He stole a glance at her chat, which he knew was unethical, and read her post where she said, she was eager to get home and have hot tea. She complained of feeling cold.

" The rain is reducing to a drizzle." He said. " Kinda freezing,right?"
" Hmm." She said lackadaisically without raising her face.

"Just a moment, please." He said, and dashed into the rain, ran to the tea shop. It was his chance to get her attention by playing a gregarious gentleman. He quickly ordered for two cups of cappuccino and ran back but paused : she was nowhere to be found. Where was she? What happened? He only spent about ten minutes at the tea shop.It was still drizzling, she could not have gone under the downpour. Then he looked at the old man drinking whom seemed not to bother about him or any other thing apart from his bottle. He moved to him ,aware that his heart was racing . Would that be the last time he would ever see her?

" Hi." He said .
He looked up, his blotchy red eyes watery .
" What you want, son ?"
" The girl I was standing with,where did she go ?"

He took a long sip, used the back of his hand to wipe the back of mouth and belched.
"What girl ,son?"
" The girl that stood here few minutes ago." He said impatiently.
" Oh, the little girl with lots of cash to throw, huh? She wanted my raincoat and I could not believe it when she offered me three grand for it. Can you beat that? It belonged to me not Frank Sinatra,or Niel Diamond,or Elvis Presley. How could she buy it for three? I get it..."he giggled, showing his tobacco stained teeth, " drugs. I could tell by her desperation. I did drugs in the sixties....."
" Which was did she go ?" He cut in ,realizing that he was not wearing the raincoat.
"That way." He pointed a finger. " I can sell my boots for two grand if you want. You going to need it for the quagmire, son."

He hesitated. What if he ran and caught up with her,what would be her reaction ? He looked at the spot she was standing a few minutes ago. He could picture her perfect body, captivating face on her phone.

Then he saw a little object on the floor .She must have dropped it unknowingly. A sweet sensation crawled up his spine. He now had a genuine reason to go after her. He went and picked it up. It was a flash drive. He was trembling. What was wrong with him? He put the flash drive in his pocket, and ran down the street. The old man had only pointed down the street so he had only intuition as a guide. It was still drizzling hard, and it was almost six o'clock in the evening. He spent the next ten minutes running around streets,hoping to see the mysterious ethereal beauty but he never saw her.

He was about to go back when he caught sight of her. It was strange seeing her stand under the drizzle,making a phone call. He paused near a caravan watching her as she stood, wrapped up in the raincoat, while water splashed on her. He wished he had a camera on him to catch her artistic pose and make a masterpiece painting. Now it was time to go and meet her. He began to rehearse his words, his pose and gesture when a red coloured Ferrari pulled up in front of her. She slid in and the car sped off without having a view of the person under the wheel. What was she looking for? A Ferrari! Curiosity now moved in. Who was this girl?

Feeling disappointed, he decided to leave the lonely street and get a cab back home'
Bang !
He heard a gunshot and cringed. What was that?
Bang! Bang !!
Two shots followed so he quickly hid behind a drum. He did not see anybody but registered the direction of the sound. He was still shivering but this time out of fear. It was at that time a man appeared from a corner, staggering, covering his stomach in a futile attempt to stop bleeding. He guessed he was the victim of the shot. Where was the shooter or shooters? He took two more steps then fell to the ground,bleeding profusely.

Like a spirit, a short stocky, broad shouldered man appeared. He was dressed in a stripped suit and wore sun shades. He was also wet but did not seem to give a hoot. He looked round, as if suspecting someone was watching. He nearly ran out of skin as the man in stripped suit spent a fraction of minute starring at his direction. Then a black SUV pulled up and he got in and they left.

The man bleeding lay still. Was he dead? He then moved his legs after the stocky man left. He was still alive.The young man brought out his phone and dialled 911.

He got up and ran towards the man. He should have been around forty years old with dark hair and tanned skin. He was also dressed in suit. He bent down ,knowing there was little or nothing he could do for him but hoped the police would arrive soon.The dying man looked at him with frail eyes. He bent down, telling him to calm down and stay with him until help arrived. The watery eyes showed no sign of hope and it seemed he was whispering something. The young man could barely hear him but with a last force, he whispered, " Jonh Terry ," and took a last breath.

The sound of sirens emerged and he knew the police were close. He did not know what the name meant. Even after everything, he knew he still had to look for Miss Mysterious . He had to tell the police what he saw. This incidence was the beginning of a saga.

tbc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:52am On Aug 29, 2018

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Sensitivity1254: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
You have wonderful stories going on here.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
Sensitivity1254:
You have wonderful stories going on here.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2018

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 3:12am On Sep 08, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 3:24am On Sep 08, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 6:28am On Sep 09, 2018

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 6:32am On Sep 09, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2018
I'm enjoying this, please come continue

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
SIX

The way Bug held the gun made it clear that the slightest attempt of an escape was tantamount to a slug or more into Damon’s back and men like this hardly missed. It was just him, the killer and the dead bodies.

" Please sit down." Bug said, trying to sound calm and polite but the dangerous note in his eyes made Damon cringe. Damon obeyed and sat precariously on a sofa.

" I like to thank you for leading me to Rita." He said." That bitch knew things and we thought she was just Pepe's lay. We found out years later and she vanished into thin air." He shrugged. " She had it coming. So, Damon, what is your problem? Why are you onto us? We have no truck with you but you are bent on waking the sleeping dog. It is bad, very bad for your health."

Damon said nothing.

" I don't know what Rita told you but it can't bite us. If she had a teeth, she could have bitten us long ago. But she is better dead. I Killed her immediately she left the club. When I saw you coming towards this house, I knew she said something about Bath. Bath tried when he was still of use and we let him live because he caused no trouble but discovering him is bad business. I got in before you. Fast, huh? It's my job, I am trained. I think you have to join them. You are getting yourself killed for nothing. The girl you are trying to impress belongs to another man, Mr Charming prince who is coming to save the princess."

Damon was now trembling. A few minutes ago, he thought dying was nothing but as he faced it now, he got a change of heart.

" Don't think I will shoot you now." He said. " I will only do that if you misbehave. Whatever you think you know is useless. Your word against mine, besides, you killed Rita and these guy and his family."

" What?"

" I have her phone. The police will check her log, your number will appear, you were seen with her in the club and we know how to fix such things. Again, it is my job. You were seen coming here. You are on police watch list, a suspected criminal and Bath was connected to the case file you have. Maybe you are seeking revenge for an uncle, father or something......."

Damon made a move that surprised him. With a striking speed, he flung a mug at him. It caught Bug across the face and he lost balance .
Damon made a rush, grabbed the gun but Bug sent a punch which landed on Damon’s jaw. It felt like a sledge hammer. Damon arbsorbed the pain, having been used to absorbing pains since stunting days.
Damon pulled the gun off his hand and quickly pointed it at him.

" I swear, I will shoot if you make the slightest move." Damon threatened, panting and gasping.

" Hmm..." Bug grunted. " I least expected that from an amateur. But don't think you will leave here alive."

" Gimme me the phone."

" What?"

Damon pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the floor very close to Bug’s leg. He was now sure Damon could use the rod.
Bug threw the phone at him. Damon did not waste time in throwing the phone into the fireplace and saw it burn.
Damon didn't know how Bug did it, but he sprang up with a terrifying rush and landed his fist on Damon’s jaw. Damon saw sparks, and could not tell if they were stars, fire flies or electric sparks. He dropped on the floor like a mill sack. Bug made another rush, kicked his ribs and he felt as if his ribs were fractured.

Bug now looked grim and pugnacious. He kept kicking Damon until he felt like passing out. Damon then made an effort and caught Bug’s leg, pulled it and swept the second leg with his strong foot. Bug went down. His gun was lying on the floor near a stool.
Damon tried to go for it, but Bug grabbed his leg. Damon sent a powerful kick which slammed into his neck. That could have sent an ordinary man to quietus but the dogged warrior stiffened his neck and reduced the impact. This time, Damon went for his eye. As he smacked him, he gave a short moan. The eye had no bone.
Bug was forced to let Damon’s leg go. Damon ran and picked the gun.

Bug was full of strength. He got up, jumped and bumped his shoulder unto Damon. They both crashed onto the floor. He punched Damon.
Damon felt an excruciating pain and smartly realised that he was no match for this pugnacious gangster. Damon dug his finger into Bug’s flesh and almost tore it. Bug hit his hand, but Damon used his head to hit his eye. He felt the impact. Damon then got up with alacrity and ran out.

He did not feel ashamed of running away. Instead, he felt proud of being smart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
I never expected such move from Damon tho.... grin
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2018

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by OlufemiWhit(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is nice........ grin grin
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
This is nice........ grin grin

Thank you cheesy
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Sensitivity1254: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wow.

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by nastynic(m): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Explicit!

It's an honor to read such a nice Piece for Free Tho
Jah Bless

3 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
nastynic:
Explicit!

It's an honor to read such a nice Piece for Free Tho
Jah Bless

Amen. Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
SokoDobo:
I am happy to announce that "The root of a Cynosure" is finally completed and is now available on okadabooks via https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_root_of_a_cynosure__adult_only_18/20362

Will soon be available on amazon too.
hope you won't stop posting on here sha.... sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Above The Shadows / Who Has An Idea What This Is About? / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.