Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Root Of A Cynosure - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Root Of A Cynosure (33478 Views)

Game Killer No Root Apk / Revisiting The Root Series #3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by MhizFavour: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2018
Real Trouble! grin Thanks SokoDobo
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by olukuewu(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
I sent a mail pls check.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
The "Cynosure"? Suspense 70%.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
Immediately she saw the onions, she put her hands on her head, eyes wide opened then exclaimed

" Oh my God! My cutie, what's this?"

" I chopped it for you." Fahad said innocently.

She then burst into laughter.

" You just slice onions into six parts and expect me to cook with it." She kept laughing.

" This is how we do it." She said, collected the knife and started slicing like a machine. Damn!

" Okay. Let me try." He said.

" I don't want you to cut your hand, Cutie." She said with a soft tone, like a five year old baby. He loved it when she talked or behaved like that.

" I will try. It is imperative I learn this now because of the days when you won't be able to do it."

He said and collected the knife and started, improved but not nearly as good as she was.

" I don't get the part of not being able to do it." She said suspiciously.

" When you fall sick which might be very soon." He said and chuckled.

" Look at this man. Are you praying I fall sick?"

" In as much as I don't want you to but facing the fact that such sickness is inexorable if it comes, yes, I pray you fall sick."

She hit him slightly and chuckled.

" You got a mouth."

He laughed, then hugged her. She relaxed,. He could not resist those lips. He kissed her, felt her soft body against his, and they spent two minutes in silence, except the sounds of their cuddling and kissing.

Tshhhhh!
Sound from pot.

" Oh my God! " She quickly broke off from him, took off the cover of the pot. " See what you caused. If my food should get burnt, hmmmm. Now seasoning. You are my student and you have to show some respect."

" Yes, Ma'am." He said and started unwrapping the seasoning while she crushed them inside the pot.

She stirred for a while then holding the spoon with her left hand, she took a little scoop and poured on her right palm and then tasted it, before washed her hand.

" I need to have a taste too." He said like a child. She did not remonstrate like he anticipated.

" Let me have your palm." She said. He spread his palm and she poured some on his palm.

" Ouchhh!!" He squeaked and quickly licked it.

She laughed .

" Savage." He laughed. " How could I let this happen to me again. Mum did this to me when I was a kid."

She hugged him, " I'm sorry cutie."

" No! Don't even touch me."

She giggled. " Hmm...you are saying I should not touch but you keep pushing your body towards mine."

" Can't you see that I'm angry." He said frowning playfully

" I can see, Sir. Come on, it's time to for doing the dishes."

" I want to help."

" Hell no. It's just five plates. A small family."

" Yeah, small but as soon as you start getting sick, the number of plates will increase."

She chuckled.

" If you talk about it again, you won't eat this food."

" Noo! That's a great punishment but ....not as great as stopping me from cleaning cobwebs."

She laughed louder.

" Cutie ,you are trying to corrupt me"

He insisted on washing the plates with her. They moved to the big sink, she washed while he rinsed. He knew if an ignorant person should see this, he would call him a hen-pecked husband. That was a gross misconception.
It was sunnah (tradition of the prophet) to help your wife. It increased love, affection, bond and fun. Like right now, he was having fun with her.

This was what they wanted. They had maids and servants, but rarely allowed them come into the main house. She wanted to be that wife, who cooked for her husband and took care of little choirs.
They could come in and clean, get the clothes to laundry but they needed that carte blanche, space where we could have complete privacy.
Like yesterday, she wore lingerie throughout, except when it was time for prayers. They moved unclad from the swimming pool to their rooms.
And they made love anywhere they found suitable....at least before the arrival of children.

Children.

Oh, Ya Allah, bless us with wonderful kids.

He didn't care about their sexes, all he wanted was blessed children. They washed the plates, and he helped her as she fried the waina.
He loved the taste of her cuisines. He now understood why men loved women who could cook and not these noodles girls.

When a girl grew up doing nothing because they had maids and cooks, and knew just make up and chatting, then cooking noodles without knowing how to make omelette, and she got married......phew!

After the food was ready, he did not help her with the packing because his favourite part was sitting at the dinning while she served him food..
Then he would wait for her to sit close to him and they would eat together.

She served food and they ate. Waina, miyan taushe, drops of man shanu, fleshy kashi , naman kaza, kunun aya and chilled zobo.
It tasted good. After the meal they had squashed orange then moved to the TV. Halima was so in love with Korean dramas. And she would sit on his laps or between his legs while watching and explaining what was going .

He wasn't too much into such dramas but for her, he watched it. He preferred brain racking sagas, with complicated plots, and a lot of technicalities.
She sat between his legs and he wound his hands round her.

" Hey, don't touch that part. Just hold and don't move." She said.

" You should trust me."

"Tabdi jam!" She shook her head. "I don't have a scintilla of trust for you in that aspect. You clean cobwebs and it seems you will kill all the spiders in Abuja."

" Kachakum!" He said and laughed.

" I talked to Salim today." She said, raised her hand back and played with his side burns. He moved his hand to her bosom and she hit him.

" I told you not to go there."

" Not to go there? They are mine?"

" Hin'in ! Yours? " She chuckled. " They are mine, sir."

" They are mine my lady. I have been given licence from above to own them....."

" Hey, remember what Adnan told us fa. Don't intimidate me."

"Don’t mind him." He chuckled.

" My cutie" she whispered.

" Uhun..."

" We have been together for a while. Not for once have you ever gotten angry with me. I'm not perfect. Hope the day you would do, it won't be fatal."

He grinned.

" I may get angry with you but what matters is how to handle it. When a man gets angry with his wife, he should calm down at that moment, leave the house if you find it difficult to, then come back later and talk to her. Now we eat together, bath together and do many things together.
If you get me very angry, I would never insult you and beating is out of the way. That is beastly and cowardly. I will give you a call and tell you that you can eat alone. I got no appetite, or have your bath, I'm not ready now, or sneak into the bathroom have my bath alone and leave."

" That is savage. I already feel the pain already."

" Most ladies would be like, who cares, if you like, don't eat, I will eat it up.....but it's all crap. It hurts more . The same goes with you. I feel we could live our lives without a third party intervening."

" Awwwwwwnn, I love you."

" I love you more, pretty."

A few minutes of silence.

." Your visa is ready." He said as they lay on the centre rug. " I hope we should be in Dubai by next week. Spend just a week then cross over to Saudi for Ummurah then move to United States. I don't know what is going on with Damon and his wife. We lost contact completely. Can't reach them on phone. It's been over a year."

" I just hope it's all good with them."

" Sure." He said, thinking about what happened a few days ago. After his report on how he was shot at, the police raided the so called chemical company there and found nothing illegal. They denied any knowledge of the incidence.

But he knew there was something strange going on there. Halima told him about the strange collection of substances, and the fact that Bug was connected to them made it stink. He wished he would see Damon.

" Let's go in," she whispered. " I can't walk."

“At Your Majesty Service?" he stood up, carried her carefully and went upstairs.

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
It was not as bad as Damon portrayed it. The Cabin was well built and neat. Yes, the materials were cheap but the design was intriguing. The living room was poorly furnished but it had a functional TV, refrigerator, and the laundry had a washing machine.
The location was suitable for the purpose. They had a lot of privacy with no close neighbour and the trees and greens made it serene.

Alicia was in the kitchen and for the first time, she was cooking without the aid of a cooking book. She had grown without having any knowledge in domestic activities. Everything was done by the servants. She never thought there would be need for it until she got married.
While she served food and put the rest in the oven, she wondered why Damon had not been picking her calls. She hoped it was not another gut-wrenching saga.

She heard Damon Jnr cry and quickly carried the food out, hoping to eat since Damon was not around. She was breastfeeding and that meant she had to be well-nourished herself.
But the sharp cry of the child got her nervous. Simon Jnr. was asleep in his cot in the room. Taking care of these boys was the most difficult task she had ever faced. There was this chemistry between them. When one did something, then it took just a little while before the other did the same thing.

Immediately she got into the living room, the niggling feeling turned into a farrago of fear, confusion, anger and agitation. What on Earth was this fink doing here? How did he find them? What did he want?

He was holding her baby, acting like he was calming him, dabbing him, telling him not to cry while he stared at her.

" Hello, Alicia." Steve said calmly, wearing a smile,

" he needs his mama, I guess."

" Why are you here, Steve?" She asked, dropped the food on the table, went and collected the child and began to breastfeed him.

" Why? Did you just say why?" He smirked. " I thought you would be happy to see me. You were kidnapped, and the kidnappers turned out to be robbers, and you got missing and I found you. Shouldn't you be happy?"

" Do I look like I'm been held captive?"

He moved and sat down comfortably on a sofa. He looked round in disgust.

"I came into this rat hole just for you Alicia." He crossed his leg ." You don't look like you are in captivity but you look like one who is hypnotized. Come on, Alicia, you are in a trance. How could you condescend to this level? Look at you, your clothes look the one Maria Sanchez used in that Mexican opera. Maria, the house help, remember?"

He flashed his gold wristwatch.

" I have known you for like all your life. You have always been classic. You made me a star because you were my girlfriend. Having you was elusive. That was how elegant you were. You had a bright life but just one night..."He raised a finger to gesticulate ," just one night you spoilt everything. You meet this street thug, and he sweeps your life down the drain."

Damon Jnr. was back to sleep.

" You abandoned me on our engagement night and eloped, got married to him and left. He got you pregnant and brought you back to be dumped. I forgave you and took you back. How many men are like me in the world?

I was ready to take the kids as mine, claiming to own what was not mine. I still wanted to marry you but.....you connived with him and got your parents robbed and almost killed them. He now came and dumped you in this trash can. If you had married me, none of this would have happen."

He redressed his necktie.

" Why have you come here?" She asked him calmly.

" To take you home." He said. " Alicia, no man can ever love you like I do. Do you know I am willing to take you back? We have come a long way and it means a lot to me."

" Why? You could have any girl you want. You are cute, rich and powerful. Why not get a fresh girl?"

He giggled.

"You find me cute, huh? That's good news. I am cute, rich and powerful but it's you I want, Alicia."

" But I don't love you...."

"Don't you ever say that!" He shouted and she cringed. She had never seen Steve behave or shout like that. His eyes were fierce and his lips tight. She saw something dangerous about him. It was like an accumulated nuclear power about to explode .

God! How did he find us?

" You are scaring me Steve."

"Really? Oh. I'm sorry, please forgive me." He was calm again but those eyes, she could see the darkness behind them. " I just want you to know that you love me but you could not see it."

Damn!

" You and I are destined to be together. All that has happened was just to make it a thriller. Like a movie plot or novel kind of stuff. Yeah. It's like they fell in love as kids, grew happily together and about to get married then something happens. Yeah, it could not just be happy, happy all the way. So, this jerk comes in and hypnotizes her and rapes her but I come back and save her. And he comes and kidnaps her and I save her and we finally get married and lived happily ever after."

" Steve are you okay, I mean would you like to share?"

" Now she thinks I'm not alright" he smiled ." If there is anyone here who is out of his mind then it's you. I am still Steve, I am still a Bleep**g billionaire but you got out of your mind and you turn yourself into a cheap tool. I will not let you get yourself destroyed. I will save you."

" I don't want to be saved. I have never fallen in love with you." She said impatiently . " You were my childhood friend and I just knew it was not love but because I never found love, you happened to be the best option...then love came and I jumped at it. I don't love you and I will never love you."

" I don't care how I live or dress so far I am with him. My heart is made to love one person and that person is Damon and I am happily married to him and have his children. Please go get yourself another girl and completely forget about me. I can never be yours."

He gave her a blank glare. There was something about him that was just not right. He looked calm but deadly.

" You are wrong Alicia. It is not your call. I have watched you for ages. I used to daydream, see myself making love to you. I was patient because I thought you were mine. If I had known, it would have since been settled. Okay, let us settle it this way......"

He gave her that blank stare again.

" Let's make love once and I will never bother you again. I will not tell your parents I know where you are."

What?

She showed him her ring.

" I am married, Steve and I have never cheated on him and will never. He is the only man I have ever slept with and I want it to remain like that."

" You cheated on me !" He vituperated. " You kissed him while we were going out! You kissed him on our engagement night!!!"

" I am sorry about that Steve but.....I can't even kiss you."

He stood up and went for the door, his eyes had turned into a thin vicious line.

" You know what? All those times we went to the beach, I did nothing but look at your as* and fantasize. I always watched your body, you are so voluptuous I can't resist you. Your babies are like four months old, right. I'm sure you and Damon are back to bed. I must fulfill my long life dream.....even if it means the last thing I would do."

She was now very scared. Her teeth chattered, she was shivering and felt tears in her eyes. This could not be happening. Where was Damon? Somebody help! They had no nearby neighbours. God!

" This is not who you are Steve." She said in a shaky voice. " You are better than this. You can't do this to me."

"Shut up! Shut the fu*k up!" He shouted. " This is me, Steve. The same old me but I can't be a fool anymore."

He locked the door then pulled off his jacket.

Oh my God. Damon!

" Somebody help!"She screamed loud.

He smiled.

" You can shout for as long as you want. No one is coming to save you. I have been watching you for three days. You always forget that it is hard to run from us."

He attacked her, slapped her, forcefully collected her child and dropped him carelessly on the sofa.

She tried to fight back but he was too strong. She made a move to run, screaming but he caught her, slapped her again and she fell to the ground.
She could not believe this was happening to her. She kept struggling but he overpowered her. He pinned her, ripped off her clothes and unzipped his trouser.

She kicked him but he was too desperate to bother. He lowered his body but her finger scratched his eyes. He was forced to let her go.
She got up, both of the babies were now crying hysterically. He came after her. She flung a glass at him, he docked and then she ran into the bedroom.

He followed her but paused as he saw the gun in her hand. She pointed it at him.

" Stop Steve!" She warned, gasping and her eyes wide opened.

" I have a gun too." He said with a smirk. " And I know you cannot shoot me."

" I said don't move, Steve!"

He still wore that smile, then he began moving to her.

" Stop!" She shouted but he stretched his hand and ....

Pow!

She sent a bullet into his stomach. He paused, gaped at her in disbelieve, looked at the blood that disgorged from his stomach then looked at her again.

" Y-you?" He muttered.

Pow ! Pow!!

She sent two more bullets into him and he dropped dead.

She dropped the gun, ran and carried Simon Jnr. and went out of bedroom leaving his body there Thinking of his body lying in the room, she burst into tears.

2 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Forkim: 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
wow I've been following your stories for sometime now and I can't help but say u are an amazing writer, keep up and u will reap the fruits of ur labour
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2018
Thanks for d update
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
TWENTY-THREE

The old man’s chest heaved laboriously, his protruding eyes apoplectically transformed into a sputtering source of raging emission. He was in the deepest fit of pique, the same old man who described the removal of two fingers as a little touch.

Damon become more jittery.
I was in the same hall with him.
I was his prey.
I was the cause of his travails.
I was in an abyss of despair.

Richard was busy calling for thugs, making sure the perimeter, as the law man called it was sealed. Damon could understand their level of desperation and agitation.
This little chip he had with him was a channel to extorting twelve trillion dollars in six years. A route to a daily income of over two billion dollars.

“ Who on Earth knew about the chip?” The old man asked rhetorically. “ Are you sure you know nothing about this, Ted?”

“ How could you even think of that?” Richard replied angrily, tugging his long silk gown.

“ Yeah. It can’t be you. I am the only one who knows about the technicalities of this machine. You don’t even know how to operate it.” He said thoughtfully, then with shaky hands lit a cigarette.

“ Only me…….and Pliers.” His words seemed to have pricked him. “ Pliers? No, he is dead. But who could have known about it and how to remove it without triggering alarm? It is not possible.”

He puffed out a thick cloud of smoke. “ Pliers is alive.” He said assertively.

“ That is not possible. I made sure he was killed. He was buried and found.”

“ Found after completely decayed.” Said the quick-witted old man. “ And you never saw Benedict since then.”

Richard seemed to have been pricked with a needle. He was silent for a while.

“ But we got the thumb. The thumb was definitely his, how else could we have gotten the money?”

Alex dragged smoke, walked to the dispenser and replenished his glass without waiting for the automated machine.

“ Yes, the thumb was his but did you see Benedict bring it?”

“ No.”

“ Because we were blinded with the money and chip, we did not think deeper. Hasn’t it occurred to you that Pliers knowing his life was in danger could have sacrificed his thumb? I’m beginning to think the man that was found buried was Benedict and not Pliers.”

“ But the body was found with a cut thumb.”

“ That’s because Pliers was no fool. He was not a daft professor.”

“ Dad, you think only you professors are smart and every other person a fool.”

“ No, I don’t in most cases. Mack, the founder of Facebook and one of the known six richest people in the world is a school dropout. I think Bill Gate is one too. But in this case, you can’t prove me otherwise. If I was Pliers, I would kill Benedict, cut off his thumb, bury him and cut off mine, give out what they want and stay dead.”

“ Shit!”

The old man replenished his glass again.

“ I have been dead for almost fifty years, wearing skirt and make up. I am not transgender like you. Nobody expects to see an old woman with protruding boobs, and it seems I am not the only living-dead man.”

“ What do we do?”

“ The chip is still around here and we will definitely get It back.”

Those words pierced through Damon like a sword. Cutting off two fingers was little touch. Damn!

Richard received a call.

“ Very good.” He said and looked at his father. “ The place is sealed.

“ I have just been thinking what to do with who ever Pliers is using to do this. Have you seen this movie SAW?”

They began to walk out of the hall.

“ I love that movie!” Richard said.

Why would he not love it? Bunch of perverts!

They walked out of the hall. Jack was a professional. He was so still Damon almost forgot he was there.

“ Come on, we got to hit the road.” Jack said immediately .
They quickly got up, ran out of the hall and retraced their steps, climbed out through the hole they had come through. They got out of the planetarium safely but that was the safest part of it. Immediately they landed , bullets were fired at them.

If Damon had not pushed Jack abruptly, his body would have been riddled with barrages of bullets. Jack had barely reached the ground when he expertly removed his gun and shot back.
He got two people down.

Damon also got his gun out and fired shots. He did not hit anyone but at least they got the chance to run. He doubted if it was possible to escape from these people.
They were now hiding behind an old van.

“ Where is the chip?” Jack asked.

“In my pocket.”

“ Let’s destroy it now.”

“ I got it under control.”

“ What do you mean?”

“ I removed the panel buttons and it’s completely impotent.” Damon nodded.“ I got a wife and kids waiting for me. I got to leave here breathing, dude.”

“ Yeah. I got it.”

They spent the next one hour exchanging bullets fiercely until Agent Matt dropped like alien from space. He looked exhilarated, his round face beamed, a big smoky pistol in his hands.

“ Here comes the exigency and coup de grace.” Matt said with a giggle. “ Now you guys gotta leave.”

Damon did not comprehend him but it seemed Jack did.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jack asked. Now Damon knew there was a plan he was not aware of.

“Oh, come off it Jack. This is my big chance. Damn sure Moma will be proud of me. Damn national honours.”

They saw a group of armed men converging and it was obvious they were planning a final attack. The old man was bravely behind them, saying they must not escape and the chip was with them.
Could they rebuild the chip? It had to be totally destroyed.

“ Get me the chip!” Matt said assertively, “ pronto!”

“ Give it to him.” Jack said. “ It must be completely destroyed.”

Damon did not really get what they meant but he just passed it on to him. Jack tapped Matt on his shoulder. Matt’s face still beamed with a smile.

The gunmen were still pushing forward.

“ We must leave.” Jack said to Damon. How? With all these blood thirsty gunmen around them?

“ Now go!” Matt suddenly yelled and they all began to fire shots at the gunmen. They took cover while Jack and Damon escaped. Matt came into the open and covered them.

This was suicide. He did not plan to leave alive. Why? What plan did they have?

As they ran, Damon could not help turning back and he saw it. Matt detonated a bomb which was fixed to his body.

Boom!

The place was set ablaze. Fire, dust, smoke, sparks and dead bodies formed a carnage, and made sanguinary scene that made Damon’s intestines crumple.
They ran into the waiting car with Vic behind the wheel. The car was set in motion with an incredible acceleration. Damon heaved a deep sigh but the image of Matt kept resonating with him. He could see his last move, before bursting like an overblown balloon, and turned into pieces of debris. Damn!

“ Why did he do it? You guys had it planned, right?”

Jack opened the pigeon hole, brought out a bottle of gin and gulped. Damon needed it too so he collected the bottle and gulped.

“ Matt had severe brain cancer and he was dying. Stage four.” Jack said. “ He did not want to go like that. This was his chance to leave as a hero, even if only a few of us know. He did not care about his name been made public, but his heart is fulfilled that he did something remarkable before he left. He did it.

He had about three months to live. He gave up these months because it was not everyday you got a chance to save the world.”

Damn!

Damon saw the joy on his face as he was about to die. He saw the fulfilment and determination. He saw guts and gallantry. Yes, he died a hero, saved their lives and completely destroyed the chip.

But he felt emotional. It was pathetic.

The chip was gone. That was something. The world did not know what they just did, instead, they could rot in jail for this. What mattered most was the motive, the driving force and result weather esoteric or vivid.

“ Good job, folks.” Vic said and extended his hand for the bottle of gin.

“ You are a federal agent, buddy.” Jack said. “ DUI.”

They laughed but Damon did not. He was not in the mood. The chip had been destroyed but they suspected that Pliers was alive. You could not tell with these people. He had to inform Pliers at once.
And they knew his father. What was his connection with all this? What was it that he still had? Simon and mysteries surrounding his life!

They called him Stone. Then whatever it was , it may be connected to his military life. Alex may be old but he seemed to be more dangerous and smarter than his son.
Damon understood why he was the mastermind of the whole saga. Well, he wanted to go home, have a shower and a good rest. It had been a day and the chip that just got destroyed made it a successful day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by MhizFavour: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2018
Damon is not even aware of what he is gon' meet at home. Thanks for this SokoDobo.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
She sat on the floor, with hands wound round her legs and her head resting on her knees, letting her hair sprawl and fall freely like Victoria Falls.
Damon could see tears cascading while she stared blankly at her twins as they lay in the cot close to her. She was lost in her thoughts, and he felt a swell in his head.
She saw him.
She got up, ran, hugged him, and then released the accumulated tears . He said nothing, just held her body so close to his. They just held on to each other. It was a healing. No matter what it was, entangled with each other brought that peace, and relaxed nerves. She relaxed but the tears still flowed.

“ Steve.” She said, now shivering as she mentioned the name. “ Steve.”

“ What about him?”

“ He-he was here.”

“ What!”

“ I don’t know how he found us but he has been stalking on us. He came in, and knowing we were alone here, he wanted to rape me.”

His teeth chattered, lips tightened and he felt his bile rising.

“ I tried to talk to him, stop him but he seemed to be out of his mind. He slapped me, and when I got the chance, I ran in and picked your gun. I shot him. I killed Steve.” She burst into tears again.

He did not succeed: bottom line.
She killed him: justifiable homicide.

But Steve was not the kind of guy you killed and felt it’s was all hunky-dory. They were talking about a billionaire’s son, one who the president would personally visit his father for condolence.

“ It’s okay, honey.” he said, knowing it was not okay. “ You did the right thing.”

“ We grew up together, he was my friend. How could I ever have imagined I will be the one to kill him.”

“ Did you ever imagine he would attempt to rape you even with a ring on your finger? Life is full of twists. You did the right thing. You grew up around people you thought you knew but knew not. Think about Kim, you also grew up together. It’s okay darling.”

She lay her head on his chest as she sobbed. He ran his hands through her hair, “ think of what he would have done to us if he had succeeded. People who rape don’t deserve to live. A rapist kills his victim even if she still breaths.” He said and she heaved a deep sigh.
He wiped off her tears, gave her a smile and a deep healing kiss.

“ Now, I have to leave.” He said.

Her eyes widened in fear.

“ Leave? Where?”

“ I’m going to look for that smile of yours and will never return until I find it because it’s life to me. Now I can’t find it. To moon, perhaps or….Pluto.”

She smiled.

“ Oh, it’s here.” He grinned. “ I’m back to life. You just saved me a zillion mile voyage, darling.”

They kissed again and he saw her relax completely.

“ Hmmm….you just know how to heal me, Damon.” She whispered. “ I now understand why some women commit suicide when raped. How could I have faced you?”

“ That is why you are an amazon and not a puny.” He said. “Where is the body?”

She pointed at the door.

“ It’s in there.”

“ We got to dispose it and leave this place at once.” He said moving towards the door.” I need to do that before rigor mortis.”

He opened the door to find him lying in his pool of blood. His white immaculate shirt was soaked in blood, his handsome face in a blank stare.

Now you got yourself in a mess?
You are gone and never will come back.
Say high to Bug in hell.
And you also put me in a mess because I had hoped to come back, eat, drink, bath and sleep after the fierce fire fracas.
But now, I am left to clean a bloody mess and who knew what was going to happen in disposing your body?

He got the big thick blanket off the bed and spread it on the floor. He went round and got a big polyethylene sack.
This was not a good thing to do. He searched his pockets, saw his car keys, a bundle of dollar bills, ID card, credit card, phone, a wallet, and Viagra .

He returned everything back except the dollar bills and phone. Something in his head told him it was purloin while another said it was a necessity. He opted for necessity.
He squeezed him into the bag, wiped the blood from the floor and dumped the rags inside the bag. He got antiseptic fluids and mopped the place thoroughly though he knew if for any reason forensic experts came there, they would find blood trace. He hoped there would never be such a reason.

The purlieus was remote and there were no CCTV cameras. A felicitous location for fugitives. It was a few minutes to 11:00PM.
He wrapped the body in a the blanket, rushed outside and began searching. Steve must have come in a car. It took just a few minutes to find a custom-made Ferrari.

That must be his car. He went and used the key to unlock the door. He was not surprised when he heard a click and door was opened .
He rushed back and carried the body, then took him back and put him in the booth. Steve had come under the wheel and was now leaving inside the booth, lifeless and worthless.

As he locked the the booth, he felt someone behind him. He quickly turned with a gun in hand.

“ Damon.” Alicia quickly said.

“ Hey, what’s up?”

“I’m scared. I can’t be left alone with the kids.”

“ But I have to dispose him and that has to be done in the bush. I guess it’s going to be a long walk back home.”

“ I don’t care! I can’t be alone with the kids! I will come with you.”

“ Okay. Let’s go get them.”

They went inside and got the kids. He gave the room a last check and felt satisfied that no ordinary eye would detect anything. They went back to the Ferrari. He remembered the gas he had kept in the garage and then went back and carried it.
He got under the wheel, Alicia was sitting beside him holding both kids.

“Don’t you think we need the stroller?” He said, “we are in for a long walk.”

“ I guess we can hold them.”

“ Okay.”

“ I don’t even think it is save to come back.” She said and it made a lot of sense. We did not know how he found us. Who else knows we are here?

“You are right.”

He reversed the car until he got close to the front door, went inside and quickly moved a few things that would last for the night. They were now living the life of fugitives like Richard and Maria did but for different reasons.

He got some baby stuff, and provisions. He got back to the car and drove off. He had barely gone far when he saw bright light from afar.
Fortunately, he had not put on the car headlights. He swayed out of the road with a reverse, stopped the car beneath a tree and waited, with his gun in hand.

It took just a few seconds to see a car drive past and stopped before the cabin. Who the hell were these?
He alighted the car and asked to Alicia to stay calm. She wanted to remonstrate but he let her understood that they had no option. She could not alight the car with the kids. They could wake up and cry at any time and that was tantamount to exposing them.

He snuck and hid behind a tree, saw the silhouette of a big and broad shouldered man in what looked like a suit.

Another man joined him, leaving the driver behind the wheel. The big man raised his phone and dialled a number.
The phone in Damon’s pocket chimed. He was calling Steve. Damon was befuddled, and became punch-drunk at once.
He refused to pick the call, sent it to silent mode before he sent a message at once: I am not to be disturbed now.

We just want to be sure you are okay, he replied.
Yes, I am. I am in Down Town, in a hotel.
We are at the cabin you told us about.
The cabin issue is a hoax. They were not there. I caught her else where and if you don’t mind, I need to go.
Yes, sir.

The big man shrugged, said something and they got into the car.
They drove away with a high velocity. The sound of their car engine receded into distance and the brake lights disappeared.

Alicia was right about not coming back. Damon now took a decision. It was not a good one but they had no option. He was not a pyromaniac but with the quagmire savaging them, he had to derail from conventional ethics.
He ran back to the cabin, poured some gas and put fire to it. He remembered the owner saying it was insured. He ran back to the car and got under the wheel, saw the house burning then drove off.

A few minutes later, they were at a lonely bushy part . This was about an hour walk away from the city. He opened the boot and was glad to see a spare tyre close to the body.
He put the tyre on his body and poured gas on it, making sure it was soaked. With the gas and tyre, He anticipated a swell burn. He poured gas on the whole car then the phone rang again.

This time, it was Kim.

He quickly ran to Alicia, whispered something to her and she got it. He picked the call but said nothing.

Alicia began to moan, saying, “ please stop , please, I can’t take it anymore…..”

Damon heard Kim laugh hysterically from the other end.

“ You bum, you won’t even talk because you are fuc**ng a slot. “ She said and ended the call.

He removed the SIM card and put it in his pocket. He knew he was meant to throw it away but felt it was going to be useful.

Satisfied, he set the car ablaze. He was burning a one million dollars Ferrari. He asked Alicia to look away because he wanted to be sure the car and the body were burnt down completely. It did burn down. That was the end of Steve.

As they were about to leave, his phone rang. It was Pliers.

“ How did it go?” He asked sounding desperate.

“ We destroyed it.” He replied.

“ I think I will die in peace now. Thank you.”

“ We should thank you.”

“ You don’t know how it feels to invent something for positive use and it is hijacked for evil. Alfred Nobel died unhappy because of the way dynamite, which he invented was used.”

“ I understand.”

“ And it seems they know I am alive.”

“ I was about telling you that.”

“ You did not have to tell me. The moment the chip is removed, he would know I am alive. Only I know how it could be removed and then they would start detecting their flaws.”

“ So, we got to get you out of there.”

“ No, my boy…..they are here already. That is how it works. Thank you.” He switched off the line.

Oh my God!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
Omg....Pliers will be killed cry

Thanks for d update
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Chumzypinky(f): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
this is da bomb!!!
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by IAmkingoludav(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2018
My God!
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Teajay665(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
banger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve don die saaraah die
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ann2012:
Omg....Pliers will be killed cry

Yes ooo,,

OP tanks for the update
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by amodua: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2018
thanks sokodobo. Hod bless you
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Halima stood on the balcony of Flamingos Ocean View, a five star modern hotel in New-York. It was their second day in America.
Holding the rail, she watched the magnificent skyscrapers that made a scintillating and jaw dropping sight across the river.
She remembered a few days ago when they first arrived Dubai, she was dumbfounded, mesmerized and lost in astonishment as she saw sophistication. She tried to hide her feelings, not to make her humble background from the village obvious but not every urban girl would not be taken aback.
And they had a lot of fun, visited recreation centres, resorts, lunch in a yacht , shopping in the most exclusive shops and eating most exotic delicacies.

She found it hard to believe it was real. Fahad promised to give her life a lift, show her the world, and take her out of misery. What more could he do when she felt he had fulfilled this promise in quintuple folds?
Yet he kept saying he had done nothing. He never felt he was doing anything big for her. What a man! He had turned their family compound, which was a colony of mud houses, into a modern estate with blocks of duplexes.

Baffa lived like a king and the governor was their guardian now. He was like a father to her and the villagers were pulsate with life the day he came to their house.
Her uncles now saw her as the golden girl, the go-to girl. A month ago, a delegation was sent to her in Abuja by the king to help talk to the governor about some developmental projects which had been delayed for long. She did that and there were plans to start execution. This was the irony of life. They were the renascence of the moment after their long forgotten glory which left with her father.

She used to wonder what it felt like to be in a plane when she saw the big bird flying while she was in the hummocks grazing. Here she was, travelling in private jets. After a humdinger of trips in Dubai, they went to Saudi Arabia. She shed tears as she caught sight of the Holy Ka’ab.

They visited Madina, saw the historical monuments, then performed Ummurah. Their next port of visit was Brazil, Rio de Janero, enjoyed the beauty of nature before they spent one week in France.
They visited India, which was her dream place, because she used to watch Indian movies then. They spent one week in India before coming down to America.

Fahad insisted that they spent sometime in Washington DC before they flew down to New-York. She was elated to see the statue of liberty live. Her cousin, Rahine had the picture of the statue on her bowl which she used in hawking nono.

She insisted that she was not interested in shopping any more. She had everything she wanted and if she stopped wearing a clothe more than once, she would spend years without a need for a new one. She did not want to be rapacious.

She posted some pictures on social media and saw a lot of comments from her friends.
She did not actually check some profiles while she was accepting friends. It was while she was reading some comments she saw a language she recognised.

She checked the profile of the commentor.

Name: Hande Crem Debis.
School: Unibersity of Lagos, London.
Occupation: Self-employed at Federal Minister of President, Jalingo.
Relationship: Celebrated( celebrity)
Family members: President Muhammadu Buhari, uncle; Hajiya Aisha Buhari, Aunty; Rotimi Ameachi, niece; Whiz Kid , college(colleague) .

Damn!

She had quickly called Fahad that day to see Hande. They checked his mobile uploads and saw the best of Hande.
There was a picture of him in front of a popular hotel in Jalingo which he tagged: Chill am for home( chilling at home).
There was another where he stood behind an SUV with FGN number, Hande said, cruising papa car (Cruising my papa’s car).

She nearly dropped the phone with laughter when in one of the pictures, which he obviously had taken in front of a church because there were band instruments and a choir at the background.
He was wearing a singlet and held a microphone and tagged: After a show in Lagos, life of celebrated( life of a celebrity) .

But he had a lot of fans on Facebook. His pictures and posts always went viral maybe for persiflage.
He sometimes posted words of wisdom(from his perspective). Some examples were: Life is not into accident but he who is go is round.

That post received one thousand six hundred likes and over three thousand comments with lots of shares.
In another, he said, never be in season because the season is not seasonate;

On Independence Day, he twitted: Nigeria is concocaton, so let everybody magnet and interview the arial of epidemy. I am twilight for my country in the for ever.

The last one she read was a love aphorism: Love strangulation is hearted in the legs of a mechanic of life, so be internet and convocation because love is dodomant.

The reason he got so many likes was simple: they were only making a jest of him.

That was the topic of fun between her and Fahad that day and seeing Hande’s Facebook page made their day.

She felt Fahad’s strong arms from behind as he came and held her, feeling his cologne, his warm body and sweet lips on her neck.
She closed her eyes and found herself breathing harder. Come on, Leema, pull yourself together. She told herself but she could not. He was a magnet, so attractive, tempting, irresistible, hypnotizing and sweet.

She bent her head a little and turned sideways to let his lips gum hers.

“ I hope you are enjoying yourself.” He said softly, a warm smile planted on his ravishing face.

“ I’m having the best time of my life with the best person in my life. I have the best husband in the world.”

He kissed her lightly .

“ Shall we?” He said and held her by her waist. He led her into the room, she carried her bag and they went out. They used the lift and got down to a waiting Limousine. This time, it was a Rolls Royce .

The chauffer opened the door, they got in, before he closed the door, and then went under the wheel. Fahad had a thing with these long cars. She had gradually and subconsciously transformed into a lady of substance, class and opulence.
They enjoyed fruits and non-alcoholic expensive wine as they were driven.

A few minutes later, they arrived an auditorium where many posh cars were parked and highly secured. She did not know which part of New-york was this.
The door was opened for them, they alighted and went in. Immediately they went in, there was a spray of confetti, claps and cheers.
She was shocked. Sputtering sounds of fireworks made the place full of life. There was a lot of well dressed people there of different races. Some were dressed in Nigerian traditional attires. But majority were Americans.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,
happy birthday Halima, happy birthday to you

She was shocked and speechless. There was a gargantuan cake, decorated and mouthwatering set aside.
It was her birthday! How could she had forgotten? She told him her birth date once, while they just started dating and he registered it in his head. She had never celebrated her birthday. Nobody did that in her village except Hande.

It was one of his imported acts from Lagos. He called it bad day. There was a year he celebrated twice.

Her first birthday celebration was being celebrated in America, with her husband and his acquaintances.
Fahad held her and gave her a light kiss.
She felt ashamed getting kissed in presence of people. That was like a taboo in the village. They cut the cake. It was her first time of doing that but Fahad was there to assist.

She had never seen a cake that big. She discovered that most of the guests were his friends and business associates. Fahad was taking over as the CEO of one of his father’s multi-billion dollars companies.

They were officially going to be based in USA now but he said they would travel home frequently .
The headquarters was in New-york but he wanted them to visit their country home in Miami after the celebration.
She knew there was something missing in his life: his best friend, Damon. She guessed it was part of the reasons he wanted to go to Miami.

She had never met Damon and his wife but Salim did and he talked passionately about them.
The celebration was grand. A lot of money was spent, plenty to drink and eat and meeting of new friends. She never dreamt of been in a place like this.

While the celebration was going on, she and Fahad were standing with a couple chatting. Someone came in but he looked different. He covered his head with a hood, and not corporately dressed. Fahad saw him.

The man quickly went out again and she saw shock on Fahad’s face. He then held her hand, excused himself and took her along with him. They followed the odd man.

They saw the man outside. He and Fahad hugged each other at once.

“ Where the hell have you been Damon?”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hande's Cream Dabis part got me grin

I'm so happy that Fahad and Damon has reunited
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ann2012:

I'm so happy that Fahad and Damon has reunited

Same here

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2018
TWENTY-FOUR

The sun smiled down at them with a warm friendly breath that diffused the cruel frosty radiation from the cold water of the ocean. The air felt like a motherly embrace and a service of masseuse, making the evening serene, pacific and terrific. The yacht was jumbo, posh and displayed a rare pulchritude. It belonged to the new CEO of Yarads Incorporated, Fahad Yar'adua.

They sat round a table which was cramped with varieties of food, deserts, drinks and snacks.
The normal life Damon had always dreamt of. A simple, happy life with family and friends.

It was six months since they got back together. Fahad had been shown on TV as the new CEO of Yarads Incorporated where he promised to take the company to another level and continue to contribute to the American economy by provision of employment, payment of taxes and community services.

This was like a dream to Damon. He discovered that there was going to be a party so he snuck in hours before the event begun.
On that day, they spent the whole night talking, telling each other what had happened after they parted. When Damon told him that they were homeless and stayed in a cheap hotel which he paid for with the money he found on Steve and that he was sure they would be kicked out of the hotel in the next three days because the money was finished, Fahad made sure they were flown from Miami to New-York the next morning and moved into his newly acquired mansion which was well secured.

Two weeks later, he invited Damon and his wife for a lunch in his private jet. It was during the lunch a toast was made where Alicia said, " to the unborn child".

Fahad and Damon were surprised, but Halima covered her face with her palms and produced a smile. They got it. Ladies! Alicia never told Damon about it. Alicia and Halima had become so close and found solicitude in each other.

She was two months pregnant then. That was six months ago.

Two days later, Fahad said to Damon, " I have been thinking, Damon. You got diapers to buy," he chuckled, " I have been thinking about this. You need to start something, I mean making money."
That had been a nagging thought that had been resonating with Damon. He was sick of living on Fahad, feeding and taking care of his family needs.

He wanted to earn, no matter how little and be the breadwinner that he was meant to be.

" But you know I have not ......"

" Damn result. It's not about looking for a job. I am now the official CEO and I have the power to change somethings or bring new things. I can make you a major marketer, cover Europe."

" You are talking about big business with big capital."

" I'm talking about big shut up and listen big slowpoke."

They laughed.

" Yeah , I know it's big business. I got a licence which I can give up for you. Saves time and money. I can lend you start up capital. You don't need much. With just five million dollars you are in business, that includes all paraphernalia and logistics like office, staff, official vehicles and all that. I got a document ready for you and my solicitor will be of help. "

Damon could not sleep that night out of joy. The level of joy Alicia expressed marvelled him. This was not going to turn him into a millionaire over night and start driving Ferraris so why was she so excited? She was a billionaire so all these was not meant to be a big deal to her.

" It means everything to me." she had said. " You are going to earn clean money, legit and that is most important. Do you think I regret parting with all the luxury? Why do you think I don't bother? I felt free without them, knowing the kind of things my parents do. But you, you are going to get us legit and that makes me proud of you."

" The us part is the best part of all. I love you and that love grows every second."

" I love you more, and.....we need to celebrate."

So he got into business. Fahad only did this to help. He practically organized everything for him, used his connexions and within two months, he got his first shipment.
He made a profit of fifty thousand dollars in just one trip. If he could make three in a month, then he was into money.

Fahad insisted they lived in his mansion for security reasons. They occupied a three bedroom bungalow, with a small swimming pool and luxury garden.
Life was all hunky-dory. He kept in touch with his mother via phone but tried to keep a distance as much as possible. He did not want her to be in danger.

He also placed her on monthly allowance which was enough for her upkeep even if she did not work.
He felt blissful and amour propre each time he took his family out for shopping with his money. It was indeed a good feeling but living on someone else was not fun.

He had never owned fifteen thousand dollars at once in his life. Here was he, a boss in his small firm with a secretary and over twenty members of staff. This was new to a part time sales boy.
They were now having food and drinks while Damon Jnr. and Simon Jnr. obstinately insisted that they wanted to be left alone to enjoy their newly found phenomenon: walking. It seemed they knew it was a new step into their lives. They would walk groggily, sometimes bump into each other and fall.

Halima picked a piece of cake and put in Fahad's mouth, gave him a mild smile and pecked his cheek. Damon grinned. She wouldn't have done this for a million bucks six months ago.

" It's good to be taken cared of." Damon said.

" We need to take care of you guys. I mean you have impressed us a lot. When a guy meets this girl for the first time, and it's kinda of cold, and he peeks into her chat and finds that she needs hot tea, so he runs to a tea shop, under the rain, like literary under the rain and gets two cups of cappuccino, and he runs back proudly to....find her gone." Alicia said. “ That is impressive.”

"Savage." Damon said and they burst into laughter.

" Damn! You got me on that one, darling."

Halima said, "You know when you try to impress a girl by playing that hero, and see her struggling with an aggressive bull, and speak a language you don't understand, and try to deal with the bull and you end up been kicked and you faint, and the girl has to drag your body to safety and forced to leave Mr hero lying there, that is impressive"

Another boisterous laughter.

" I think Fahad is the most impressive." Alicia said amid laughter.

" So, the ladies decide to hit on us, huh?" Damon said, after a sip of wine.

" We are just proud of you." Halima said, " It's not everyday you get a billionaire turn cattle rearer for a poor girl."

" Awwwwnn, that's touchy." Alicia said and they burst into laughter.

" I also think it's elusive to find a gutsy guy who goes to a lady's engagement party with a ring in pocket." Alicia added.

" Oh my God!" Halima exclaimed " That is classic!"

Laughter.

" We were so impressive we got you guys stuck." Fahad said.

" Somebody needs to take care of you guys." Alicia said and put a piece of cake into Damon’s mouth.

" Damon, we don't have to go into argument with these ladies." Fahad said, " Because we will never win. No man has ever won a lady in an argument."

" I concur." Damon said. " Chris Rock told us why. You try to make sense and she does not give a hoot about that. Sense is how she sees it. Your view is you problem."

They laughed

" Women are smarter than men." Alicia said, " So to hell with whatever Chris rock said."

" Yes, Alicia." Fahad said, " Marie Curie was a woman and she discovered radioactivity ,won Alfred Nobel in physics and chemistry. So, in academics, a woman may be smarter than a man, some women and some men though, but we are talking about sense of reasoning here."

" Are you saying women are dumb?" Halima asked, glancing at Fahad.

" No." Fahad replied.

" Don't let her intimidate you, dude." Damon said.

" Speak the truth and apologise later." He added.

" Damon, have you forgotten I am good at slapping?" Alicia said and playfully showed him her palm.

" Okay, a woman is sweet, intelligent, smart......" Fahad started.

" Now my friend is scared." Damon cut in.

"No, listen dude. I'm not done yet. A lady is smart but her smartness could be compared to a technologist who uses his brain, skill, time, energy and all to build a sky scraper....only to demolish it one day and you ask him why, and he says ' I did it to see if I can sum up a good reason for doing it."

Damon burst into laughter but the ladies were not too amused.

" We can't do that. We always have reasons for our actions." Alicia said.

" Okay, we know we women could be......let's just say be women and that woman in us must always be there but we are the mothers of the world and the smartest." Halima added.

"That's my girl!" Alicia said and they hi-fived.

" I remember a Mallam back home.” Fahad began, “Whenever he was praying and someone asks him to pray against the guiles of a woman, he would shake his head and say' go learn to be smart and have control over them'. One day, while he was relaxing in his room and his wife was fetching water from the well in the compound, he heard a sudden scream and sound which told him his wife had fallen into the well. He exclaimed, ran out, pulled off his babariga and jumped into the well. Then the wife, who had thrown a heavy stone inside then went to hide, started shouting for help. She cried that Mallam had gone insane and jumped into the well because she always heard him boasting on the loudspeaker. Mallam was eventually saved after enjoying gallons of water....." Fahad said.

They were all laughing.

" From that day, any time Mallam wanted to pray and someone says, please Mallam, pray against the guiles of women, he would not let you complete your sentence, he just goes ' Salatil Nabiyina Salalahu alaihimwasalam, Ayatul khursiyu, Suratul Falaq, and on and on and on....."

They kept laughing, having a great fun.

" In conclusion," Damon said, " the women win this debate. Very soon, we will all return to our rooms and be left at their mercies. And if Alicia says, repeat all the things you said outside, I will say I never went out today."

" I will say I never met any Damon in my life." Fahad said.

They laughed.

They enjoyed the evening. The yacht had a crew, a medical doctor, a nurse and two servants, and armed guards. The life of billionaires.
They were going to spend the night on sea, with beautiful luxury cabins, while they sailed to attend a social event the next day in California.
Life was good and they seemed to be putting the past behind. The normal life they had craved for. Damon guessed Pliers committed suicide. Burnt himself in his hideout to avoid been captured by the thugs.

It was at that point they heard the roar of an helicopter. Looking up, they saw it descending and a bodyguard rested his hand on his holster.
It was a police helicopter. What was going on?

The helicopter landed on the yacht, and two police officers alighted.
One was of moderate height with a freckle face. He was dressed in uniform while the bulky one with a balding head was in mufti.
They identified themselves.

" I am Ham Buckinson, MPD. My partner is Peter Dave."

" You got no right no right to land on my private property." Fahad said angrily.

Ham looked at him then bowed.

" I know Mr Yar'adua. We got a warrant."

He showed them. Then he turned at Damon.

" We need to speak with Miss Alicia." He said and turned to her, "it's about Steve Barcovy, he's been missing for over six months. We think you might be of help to us."

Boom!

The sound of Damon’s heartbeat.

2 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 8:53am On Oct 26, 2018
OMG.....Not now

When the happiness is restored

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2018
Ann2012:
OMG.....Not now

When the happiness is restored

Abi uno see ni,,

But no evidence na.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
" I don't get any of these..." Damon began to remonstrate.

" You have no right to interfere with the law, Mr Damon." Ham said with a roguish smile but the dangerous note behind his eyes were palpable.

" Miss Grant....." He started.

" Call me Alicia." She cut in.

Ham seemed a bit astonished at her sudden remark.

" Okay, Miss Alicia. We understand Steve was your childhood friend, a son of your father's friend and your boyfriend who happened to be the father of your twins."

The sound of him being the father of her twins seemed to make her heart burn in rage but she managed to stay calm.

" What have all these got to do with him being missing? Who the father of my child is happens to be my business. I was over twenty when I put to bed."

" Those facts are important to our investigation. You might not see the sense in them. Anyway, when was the last time you saw him?"

" I can't remember precisely. Say, eight months, nine, can't say. I don't have it in my diary."

" And where was that?"

" Where was what?"

" Your last point of meeting?"

" In my house."

"Your house, hmmm, ...where is your house because we learnt you have been living with your new boyfriend?"

"My father's house."

Ham scratched his nose slightly, his searching eyes piercing into hers and not missing anything. His eyes alone were intimidating.

" We need you to be sure, Miss Alicia."

"I am sure."

" We are sorry about your loss six months ago. Your properties got burnt in a fire outbreak."

He said and Damon feared that his heartbeat could be heard through his mouth.

" Thank you for your concern, officer." She replied.

" Did Steve ever come to see you at that house where you lived with your new boyfriend?"

" I said the last time I saw him was in my father's house."

" But you could still visit your father's house and meet him there or does it mean because you are out of your father's house, you can't go there?"

" If that was the last place I met him, what brings the question of him visiting me there?"

" Because you could meet in your father's house, and he decides to visit you."

" Then I would not have said the last place we met was in my father's house."

"It's not about the last place you met. It's about knowing if he ever visited you in that house that got burnt. Did he ever come there?"

Damon did not like this. He felt his palms getting clammy with sweat. Halima was kind of astonished. Her twin brother or Fahad never told her what had been going on. She just gaped .

" He never came to my house." She said firmly. Damon was astonished at her confidence and composure. Her lips did not shake, neither did her eyes fail to meet the detective’s. She almost convinced Damon she was telling the truth but there was something about this Ham and the American police that made him felt uncomfortable. It was not easy to fool them.

" Are you sure about this, Miss Grant?"

"It's Miss Alicia and I am sure he never came to my house."

Ham took in a deep breath, then said, " we wonder why you are not seen with your family now that your mother is at the peak of campaign? I mean ...."

" Is that part of the investigation? I think I need to talk to my lawyer, Mr Ham. I am done with this."

" You have the liberty but we feel we should know why because when you took Steve's children away and started living in a hole with a new guy, we felt there was a rift and naturally, Steve should come looking for you.
You seems to be out of touch with your parents and Steve may have posed as a threat."

" What are you trying to insinuate?"

" Could there be a family feud? Was Steve a threat to you?"

" No."

" He was okay with you going away with his children?"

Alicia's face was now red with a burning rage.

" He was not a threat to me. We were good and that's it! Thank you for coming, Mr Ham. And I am not into politics, not interested in politics. I support my mother but that does not mean I gotta be on TV everyday. Where I lived was just like going for a camp. That was not a hole and that is unethical coming from a federal agent. I and Damon live well."

" I can see. I am sorry if I was misconceived. We will get Steve's abductors....."

" Why are you so sure he was abducted? Do you know things we don't?"

" We suspect that he was abducted and ......murdered because that is the only explanation for such an important person to go missing for seven months."

" I wish you luck."

He smiled, radiating danger, then bowed.

" I am sorry for the interruption, ladies and gentlemen. This work of ours, you know how it is."

" Thank you for stopping by." Alicia said with a smirk. " I hope you find him. He was a good friend."

Ham frowned.

" Was?"

Damon felt his heart go pit-a-pit.

" Yes. Going by your theory."

" Oh.. yes, I just mentioned something like we suspect that he was murdered. You know, this work of ours, you know how it is."

They went back into the helicopter and they left. They ended the fun. Just when Damon thought it was over. It seemed a normal life was a distance away.

Alicia covered her face and burst into tears.

3 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hmmmmm,, nawa ooooo

Like the way she reply them, but why not tell them Damon is the father of her twins

Make dem Start to they plan ooo

OP tanks for the update, jah bless ya hand work.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by khaifa(f): 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for the update!!
Well done
skubido:
Hmmmmm,, nawa ooooo

Like the way she reply them, but why not tell them Damon is the father of her twins

Make dem Start to they plan ooo

OP tanks for the update, jah bless ya hand work.

I dey tell you...
But I feel the Grants will not hurt Damon and Alicia coz of Damon's father's involvement..
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
khaifa:
Thanks for the update!!
Well done

I dey tell you...
But I feel the Grants will not hurt Damon and Alicia coz of Damon's father's involvement..

Hmmmmm, let wait and see,
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by michael123pelemo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
Update oh
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
" I don't comprehend any of these." Halima said as they lay on the bed in one the luxury custom built rooms. Fahad had tried to change the topic, seeing that Alicia got over the shock and they enjoyed dinner normally before they went to bed. But it kept resonating with her.

" Steve was engaged to Alicia or ...about to get engaged. Damon showed up and they fell in love. The parents would not approve of it and they got married......"

" Got married? Who's consent? Who was the waliy and who was the wakil?"

Fahad Chuckled.

" They got married in a registry and presented a certificate. Sealed. So they came to Nigeria for honeymoon. This happened to be a blessing because we decided to come to Mambilla Resort where I met my wife." He kissed her, his hand slowly running over her tommy.

" When they came back, she left home and people assumed the children were Steve’s. Now they say he is missing. I just feel there is a misunderstanding."

She was silent for a while.

" Why do I feel your visit to Mambilla was not just about honeymoon?" She said.

"How?"

" I remembered after Baffa showed you those pictures, you still took them for a while.....was it to show them?"

He was shocked.

" And the day I told you I was Ardo's daughter, I did not miss that expression of shock in your eyes. Like you knew him or have heard about him. I am not sure but I kept thinking....you know, when you hang in the hummocks alone for long, you think of this, those, that, them, and everything. I don't know what is going on but I feel something is sticky."

He had learnt not to underestimate her a long time ago but he never expected this from her. He had forgotten that she was quick-witted, observant and smart. They have been together for about two years and she had covered most secondary school syllabus. They were waiting for her to deliver then start the college process.

" Yes, like I told you, they were running from home. Her parents did not support their marriage."

" I know that part. But...." She paused, then shrugged, " I just hope she does not get into trouble. I like her and I feel bad about this."

" Her lawyer will handle it."

"Yeah.”

" So, how do you feel?"

" Go away, see what you turned me into? Was this how you met me?"

" No, you were just a girl but I upgraded you to a woman, a mother...."

" Hush..." She giggled, " I am scared , Cutie."

" Most ladies usually get scared, but with prayers, we will pull through, insha Allah."

He held her and slowly ran his hand over her tommy, feeling his undying love for the unborn baby.
He kept caressing her lightly until she fell asleep.

Now lying on his back, fully awake, he realised that they had a long day ahead. He closed his eyes but could not fall asleep. What would happen if Halima discovered that she was with the daughter of the couple who deprived her of her parents? And he knew all along!

Immediately they got off the yacht, a Rolls Royce Phantom Limo was waiting, with a black Ford SUV at the back for the bodyguards.
They walked to the car while a chauffeur opened the door. A bodyguard took the passenger’s sit while the rest of the security men went into the SUV behind.

They got into the Rolls Royce and Damon saw luxury. Fahad was richer than he had thought.
Well, he was a student back then so the doors were not so open. Now as the boss, the vista was in it’s vintage.

Fahad sat close to his wife who insisted on holding Simon Jnr. but her fragile condition made Damon protest. So, Damon held him while Damon Jnr. was with his mother.

They had drinks, fruits set on a centre table but nobody really cared for anything.

“ I think we should have a basketball match,” Fahad began, “ The Fahads against the Damons and I bet, Leema will slam and dunk like Michael Jordan never did.”

“ When?” Halima asked with a crinkled face?

“ Tomorrow is a good day.”

They all laughed as she smacked him lightly.

“ To be even, Damon Jnr. will be on your side while Simon Jnr. will be on our side.” Damon said.

“ No.” Alicia said. “ I and Halima will be on the same team while you guys be on the other side. We will split the twins.”

“ That is a better Idea.” Halima said and Damon noticed a change in her accent. He thought it was easy for her because he was told she lived with Americans.

“ No, that’s not fair. Halima is a double.” Fahad said.

“ Cutie, You know I know where to hit you that hurts.”

“ I’m not scared.” Fahad said. “ Damon gave me the secret. Talk now and apologise later.”

They all laughed.

Each time they had fun like this, he wished that other side of life, that murky side never existed.

“ What If you are not forgiven?” Alicia asked

“ Plan B, deny you said it.” Damon said and they laughed.

“ I think we should visit Disneyland before we go back. We are in California, guys.” Fahad said excitedly.

“ Yes, Cutie and we should go see Hollywood too. This is Los Angeles.” Halima added.

“And Yosemite National Park.” Alicia added.

“ Then we cross to San Francisco.” Said Halima

“ Then a day in Mexico.” Alicia said.

“ We now go back to Hollywood and shoot a movie.” Halima said and the men now kept quiet listening.

“ It will be an action Movie.” Alicia said.

“ The Expendables five”

“ Starring Sylvester Stallone..

“ Jason Statham..”

“ Dolph Lundgren”

“Jet Li”

“Arnold Schwarzenegger”

“ Damon Simon.”

“ Fahad Yar’Adua.”

“ What is going on ladies?” Damon asked.

“ Planning the things to do after Disneyland .”

“ You ladies are going quixotic.” Damon said.

“ We are realistic.” Halima said.

“ But Fahad will have to help carry the child till we get back.” Alicia said with a pout.

“ Damn!” Damon laughed. “ All this was just to make us understand that Disneyland is a bad idea because Halima has a condition.”

Fahad shook his head chuckling.

“ I kept wondering what they meant. And they never planned it, they just flowed.”

“ We know what we feel when in this condition.” Alicia said. “ Form the day it starts, till the day it ends, it’s never a smooth ride.”

“ But seriously, I can imagine Halima acting alongside Stallone where he throws a gun at her as she dives and spins, shooting with one hand and protecting the baby with the other.” Fahad said.

Laughter.

“ You are suspended cutie for two months.” Halima said. “ No apology.”

“ But I have been on automatic suspension till further notice.” Fahad said.

“ Ya Salam! That was not what I meant !” She smacked him lightly as they laughed .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2018
TWENTY-FIVE

They finally arrived the event centre. It was obvious that there would be important dignitories. Security seemed tight.
They were stopped by armed policemen and their Pass-cards were scanned. They checked through a machine before one of the cops frowned.

“ These two men are not on the invited list.” He said pointing at Damon Jnr. and Simon Jnr.

“They are the organisers.” Fahad said and the cop burst into a very loud laughter that scared the kids. Happy Christmas.” He said as they were allowed in.

“ Did he say happy Christmas ?” Alicia asked. “It’s October.”

“ Remember his laughter then merge it .” Damon said.

They chuckled.

The event was a social event for entrepreneurs and their family members. Their friends were allowed to come, strictly by invitation.
There were a lot of important business moguls, Hollywood investors, and celebrities. Damon was not there just as Fahad’s friend, but as the CEO of Dacia Incorporated.

There were a lot of introductions, meeting of new and old friends, discussions on the business world, American Policies, Opinions on Trump, eating , drinking.

“ Licia.” Damon heard that voice again and only one person called her by that name: Kim.

He turned to see Kim, dressed in a body clinging white expensive dress, with diamond ear rings. She looked simple but elegant. She was standing with an older woman who wore a red Eileen Fisher Sleeveless colorblock V-nack jersy dress. Damon guessed she was around fifty, blonde with expensive necklace and earrings. She reeked of money.

“ Kim.” Alicia said, both girls trying to act normal while a lot of thoughts went through their minds. There were a lot of pressmen around so everybody was in the drama.

“ Mrs Abraham, it’s nice to see you” Alicia said and the older woman smiled. She was Kim’s mother, the billionaire banker who owned a bank with over three hundred branches across the globe.

“ Oh, look at them.” Mrs Abraham said, looking at the twins, “ they are so grown and cute.”

“ They got Steve’s’ eyes and mouth.” Kim said and chuckled .

This girl!

“ Not just the eyes and mouth, they are everything but Steve, Poor Steve. I wish you were here to see your cute offspring grow.” Mrs Abraham said.

“ What are you doing here?” Mrs Abraham asked Alicia.

“ My husband is the CEO of Dacia Incorporated and that’s what been here is all about.” She riposted.

“ Hmmm, that’s cool.” Kim said a bit surprised and kind of disappointed.

“ I see, you could bank with us.” Said Mrs Abraham. “We make customers big.”

“ I will consider that .” Damon said, cursing under his breath.

“ Who do we have here?” A thick voice said and a big bearded man stood behind with his wife. No, a big bearded woman with her husband: The Grants!

Damon should have thought of these. These was their kind of event.

Richard quickly hugged his daughter, while he was aware that cameras were on him, claiming to be the mother. Disgusting!

“ You should have called to tell me you arrived. We were waiting for you and your friend.” He said, giving the impression that they were in contact. But Damon could swear he whispered something into her ears as he hugged her.

Alicia was wearing a fake grin, taken aback by the appearance of these people.

“ Come here, grandpa is here.” Maria said and caught Damon Jnr. by his hand. The boy protested, frowning and clinging to his father.

“ Himme” He blabbered.

‘” Hehehehe” Maria laughed.

There was a general exchange of pleasantries, and the show was up. The Grants hugged Damon with smiles but as Richard hugged him, he passed the message .

“ You better play along if you love your life and your family’s.”

They stayed there for a while and the twins refused to go to their grandparents, so they gave up. They acted as if everything was normal, and almost convinced Damon they saw Alicia on daily bases and he was their beloved daughter’s friend.

Alicia hated it when the twins were referred to as Steve’s children. Damon would wink at her to tag along. Let them talk, the kids are mine. We just need safety.

“ Did you say you have a new company?” Mrs Abraham suddenly asked Damon.

“ Yes.” Richard said quickly. “ Dacia Incorporated. He is the chief distributor of Yarads Products covering Europe.”
Damn! That was not only a cover-up but a message to them: they were watching them. These devils!

“ I think we need to talk.” Mrs Abraham held Damon’s arm and excused herself, pulling him away from them and walked to a corner. He still had Damon Jnr. with him. Fahad was lost in business world, talking with the moguls while Halima who was tired of standing got herself a seat.

“ I am Mrs Paula Abraham. I am Kim’s mom.” She began like he did not know.

“ I am Damon Simon. Nice to meet you.”

She ignored the introduction.

“ Kim is my only daughter. I have two sons. She is not just any girl but a princess. Just look at her, not just gorgeous but majestic. She has all a man needs: Beauty, money, intelligence, power, she is romantic,….”

“ Character.” He cut in.

She paused, as if surprised and then nodded , “yes, and she has it all. I give my daughter whatever she wants and no man will I allow to plunge her into melancholy, like you did.”

“What?”

“You know what I am talking about. My daughter has been terribly disoriented. I wonder what she sees in you, apart from looks. Your company is not even worth her last Christmas gift. I got her a jewellery worth sixteen million dollars. But she wants you and you cheated on her.”

“ Cheat?”

“ Yes. Alicia betrayed her, acted like she was with Steve and encouraged her to date you, only for both of you to start fornicating. Kim could have treated you better and I would have made you rich. The Grants don’t like you. You will get nothing off them. Look at Alicia, she was not even smart enough to play it cool and get money. I guess she can not boast of ten thousand dollars now. “

She smiled.

“ You ran away with her. I don’t how you get them to fall for you. You came back and my kind hearted daughter forgave you, saved you from a drunken mess and brought you into her apartment and personally cleaned you up. But you still betrayed her. I asked her if you had sex with her. She said no. It was only when you were in a drunken state she got just something out of your body. Imagine my daughter craving for a man and she can’t have him? A street boy? So, I came in. Now, I am told you are married to Alicia legally. Who knows if the children are yours? You are going to divorce her and get married to my daughter.”

What!

What was wrong with some of these rich people, and celebrities?…some, not all but most. It seemed too much money and fame came with it’s drops of insanity. And they reason and act with justification.

Now this lady here just justified her actions. He now got it. The insane man who kicks air may justify it by feeling he is cleaning germs. He guessed she was trying to be a good mother.

“ Thank you Mrs Abraham but I and Alicia have been in love and we are sorry if ………”

“Save yourself the trouble. I am not here to negotiate. You are going to divorce her and marry Kim, period!”

“ But I am not in love with your daughter, how do you think it will work out?”

“ She is in love with you and having you is her fulfilment. You will tag along and I will make sure you do that. If you ever make her doubt your love for her…….”

“ Are you threatening me?” He said, “ What if I don’t oblige to this madness?”

She looked at Damon Jnr. and smiled at him and at that point all he saw was a dangerous wild animal. She bent down and touched his cheek. She looked at Alicia, wove at her and Simon Jnr. and then she settled her gaze on Damon, “you will lose all of them”

“ I forbid you to say that!”

“ Don’t make a scene. I am not going to shoot them. First, Alicia will go to prison if she escapes gas chamber, then you will follow up, and the kids would be left with the Grants.”

“ What are you talking about?”

She smiled.

“ I have prove that she killed Steve and you helped her get rid of the body.”

Damn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Hmmmmm,, tink more ahead.

OP tanks for the update
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by skubido(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2018
SokoDobo:
TWENTY-FIVE

“ I have prove that she killed Steve and you helped her get rid of the body.”

Damn!

Haaaa, how come?

What's this for God sake, is it by force?

Na wa for all this rich pple ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Has An Idea What This Is About? / Above The Shadows / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.