Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Root Of A Cynosure - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Root Of A Cynosure (33482 Views)

Game Killer No Root Apk / Revisiting The Root Series #3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Wheezdohm(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2018
Intriguing and Thriling...next please
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by olukuewu(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2018
Am short of words,like seriously sokodobo is my best writer personal opinion.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by excelmerry: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2018
Oh boy see papa cheesy
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
SEVENTEEN

Halima lay on the inflated balloon boat on her side, resting her head on her palm, supported by her elbow while she fed Fahad dates as he lay beside her, his hand rested on her back. He was clad only in pants while she was in bikini.
The boat was floating on the big swimming pool. They had started the day by fajr prayers as usual. He normally woke her, perfomed nawafil together then he left for mosque. He would come back, and then they would go back to bed before they will wake up for preparation of breakfast.
They had bath together as usual. She used to think she could never do this. She called it debauchery. She was too naive to know it was a great way of not only getting blessings, having fun but making the bond stronger. She was so used to it she felt a bath was not complete without Fahad.

After breakfast, they had gone for driving lessons and today, she drove the car back all the way from Garki.
They arrived late so there was no time to prepare lunch but the cook had done that. After lunch, they had a humdinger of a swim. She learnt how to swim in streams and rivers and never used the swimming pool before her marraige.
Now they were tired of swimming so they decided to rest on the balloon boat, enjoying fruits, cuddling and talking. It was a month into marital life but she was so used to it, so used to him and so in love with him.

He made sure he thought her a lot; academics, religion, current affairs, history, etcetera. He was keen on building her, a pedagogic lover boy who had a wife who was so thirsty for knowledge.
Sometimes, she woke up at night, so scared that everything was just a dream. How could she, a cattle rearer be the lady of this gargantuan mansion, having a Range Rover and over three exotic cars in her parking space even before she learnt how to drive.
From living in a hut to a house automated. He had called Engineer Mukhtar of SEAMFACE who along with his team, under the auspices of Engineer Kabeer, to give them a home automation service. The doors were censored so she hardly opened the door with her hands.
Almost everything was remote controlled. She had servants, laundry men, guards, and cooks. She only did some choirs because she wanted to. Then the most important, she had a husband who loved her. Even his mother who had despised her now loved her. His siblings always visited and they were so used to each other.

“ What is mathematics?” Fahad asked her.

“ Mathematics is a science of numbers and shapes. A number is a numerical figure used to show the magnitude of values. Shapes are classified into solid, plane and irregular shapes.”

“ Oh my God!” He kissed her on her cheeks with a bright smile. “ You are smart.”

“ Don’t make me blush.” She said. “ Baffa said the building has gone high. He’s so excited.”

“ What about the family compound?”

“ I haven’t spoken to Kawu Jalo but I will call him tomorrow God’s willing.”

“ That’s great.”

She felt his hand move on her back, she laid her head on his chest while she slowly moved her fingers through his chest.

“ I am happy .” She said. “ Today my people find me important. I am a source of joy to them. But I am scared for my people.”

“ How?”

“ I saw things when I reared cattle. There is this place in the hummocks where some white men collect somethings from the rock. They take it to their company. We don’t know what they produce but you see trucks coming to pick them with heavily armed men. These armed men were not soldiers, or police. They are strange.”

“ I remember seeing a convoy of trucks at night.”

“It is them. Even the police can’t go there. I hope they won’t hurt us”

“ Why?”

“ They look like……..insurgents.”

“ I hope they are not.”

She shrugged. She felt his hand again, then he turned and she saw that fire in his eyes, he was going to burn her, and she wanted him to do that, so she poured fuel on him with an inviting look and smile. She loved it when they lay in the pool.

“ I love you.” He whispered as he ripped off her bikini.

Sunnah! Here we come.

They spent an hour plunged in ecstasy when a call came through his phone. He hissed before checking the ID then quickly picked the call.

He listened then grimaced.

She knew something was wrong and felt a chilling feeling run through her.

“ What is it?”

“ This is not good.” He said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 6:33am On Oct 04, 2018
Damon had spent his day in the university gallery, under the permission of Dr Banks, an historian, to check Professor Plier's files, and galleries. He posed as a detective, with the help of fake ID card, and documents produced by Jack.
Jack had taken a big risk. He knew what was at stake. He could face prison. But Damon was not thinking of naming him as an accomplice even if he was caught.

Professor Pliers was married to a lady and they had two daughters at the time of his death. But they were separated. Reason: undisclosed. She lived with the children in Manhattan while he lived alone.
According to reports, he was killed a few hours after he was seen drinking with an unknown friend of his. They had left for his home and that was the last time he was seen.
Damon became interested in finding out about his friend. He called Jack and lay this on his lap. As he asked Damon to give him a few minutes , Damon wondered how detectives had worked in the past when there was no internet, no means of mobile media transfer.

" Bingo!" Jack had exclaimed. " He was called Benedict. Worked as a technical assistant with a gas station. This gas station was just a stone throw from the store where Richard worked. And nothing was heard about him since then. It's kind of sticky. Nothing has ever been mentioned about him and who says I'm not jealous over how you always stumble on hidden treasures?" Jack giggled.

" Kind of strange to have a professor, I mean a renowned professor drinking with a technical assistant of a gas station. "

" Benedict was quite younger."

" Having him work close to Richard is sticky. Anything about his wife and daughters?"

"The last time I checked, the wife was dead and the daughters are alive. But I can't figure out where they are right now. That would take some time."

" One more thing, who was the forensic officer that handled it?"

" Bath Cameron."

" Thank you. I may not come back to Miami until tomorrow."

" Okay . Did you hear about the Grant robbery?"

" No."

" I don't know why it's been kept secret. He never made official report. I hear her daughter and grandchildren are kidnapped. Her boyfriend is mad. "

"Steve?"

" Yes. The heir to billions. "

Damon felt guilty not trusting this man completely. He told him only some facts but not all.

" I hope they get them back." Damon said.

" Okay buddy. My line is open."

Damon arrived Rindston Avenue a few minutes later. He knew it was risky but the only way he could get back his life and family's was by tracking the Grants down. They could not keep living in hiding and fear for the rest of their lives.
As he watched the old abandoned building, he felt a creepy feeling sweep inside him. The street was lonely. Only a few passers-by could be seen. He tried to see if anyone was watching him, but it seemed not.

His phone chimed.

" Just thinking about you, honey." He said. " How are my cuties?"

" We are good but.....taking care of these kids is the most difficult thing I ever did. Damn! Were you troublesome as an infant?"

" No. Mum said I was given an award for the most pacific baby in America. Maybe they got that from you."

"That's crazy." She laughed.

Oh, he just wished he was there. He missed them and she needed him.

" One minute you are trying to pacify Damon, and Simon springs up his. You change a diaper and the other calls you for the same. I get mad when they cry at once. If we had a normal life, we could have hired babysitters and nannies."

Normal life! We could not keep on like this.

" I promise, we will get out of this." he said without seeing the slightest hope. "I'm working on it."

" I need you to be careful. We love you.....daddy."

Daddy!

He laughed. But it added to his sense of responsibility. He had to do all he could to get them out of this mess.

" I love you too. I will be fine."

" Oops! Damon has woken. I gotta go."

" Not easy to be a mum, love."

" Who knows better?"

They ended the call. This call just added to his determination. Determination to keep his family safe, happy and free.
He moved silently to the front door, making sure he was in a dark part, he put in the master key and opened it. He tried to assure himself he was not a bugler because he was feeling like one.
He got in and closed the door gently behind him. He put on his phone flashlight. The living room was dusty, a sign that it had been abandoned for years. Cobwebs formed all around and a startling sound told him there were rats habiting the place.
Why keep the place like this? The daughters could have leased it out or sold it. Were they keeping it as a museum? He saw nothing of interest there. He spent thirty minutes rummaging through without finding anything outlandish.
It seemed his search was of no use. As he decided to leave, he saw a big painting resting on a wall in a room. It was a landscape painting of mountains. The picture looked familiar. Yes! This was Mambilla, Nigeria.

He moved and carried it, wrinkled his nose as dust particles sprayed. He dropped it, turned to go out then paused.
He moved back, carried the painting and stared at the wall behind it. This was kind of strange. He ran to the kitchenette and got a knife and went back to the wall, hit it slightly then slashed the knife into a small part. It was made of wood. He began to hit it, making holes until he made a big hole. He peeped. No doubt it was an entrance to a basement.
He felt excited. There was a secret basement. He opened the door and found himself before stairs.
He went down the stairs gently, flashing his light until he got down. He was astonished to see a very clean living room and the furniture, electronics and other appliances were modern.

What? These could not have been here for almost twenty years. These place was too clean. Then a sudden fear crawled savagely into him.
Someone had been coming here. But who?

" Put your hands in the air." He heard a voice from behind . " And turn slowly."

He obeyed. With his hands in the air, he turned slowly to see and old man. He looked frayed and worn out. He should not have been more than seventy five but looked older.
His grey hair was unkempt, his beard was rough but his clothes were immaculately clean. He stared at Damon with hollow eyes, a smugly astonished and somewhat scared expression on his haggard looking face.

" Who the hell are you?" He asked, trying to make a tough face.

" I am a fan of yours.......Professor Pliers."

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2018
This not good." Fahad said then regretted saying it . A man had to know how to break bad news to a woman with caution.

" What is wrong?" She demanded, her eyes growing .

" Salim just called." He said. " There is a strange earthquake in the hummocks. They fear if it continues, it is going to destroy the whole environ. They are calling on the government to evacuate the residents."

"Wayo Allah am. Hande min voni. Wayo Baffa am. Him be'am iyari boni ( She was exclaiming in fulfude)." She cried. He tried to calm her. She sat up, dove into the water and swam to the edge.

" We need to know what is going on. "He said and went after her.

They went in and wore clothes, and then he called Salim again.

" It's not an ordinary earthquake," Salim said, "but the people are been evacuated."

" What about Baffa?" Fahad asked.

" I am in Jalingo." He said. " I am trying to go there but they said the officials won't let me go in. I don't know."

" Innalillahi wa inna illaihi raji'un!" Halima was now crying.

Serious earthquake in Nigeria? He pondered. He dialled the Governor's number. He was busy on another call. He waited for long but it kept saying busy. He knew the governor was under pressure right now.

" We have to pray." Fahad said. " There is little or nothing we can do now."

She was still crying.

Fahad went and put on TV and switched to CMM News. He was shocked to see the magnitude of the quake. The earth shook vigorously, cracking and scattering rocks into fine sand. What the hell was this? Then he saw what looked like volcano. Fire evolving from the rocks. Ya Salam! Could this be stopped? A commentator, a renowned American Scientist confessed to have never seen such a quake. What was going on?

He quickly turned it off as he heard Halima coming.

" It will be alright. " He said. " The people will be saved."

She ran into his arms crying. He was confused as he ran his hand through her long silky hair. He hoped they were going to be safe.

" You should have been a toddler the last time anyone called me by that name." Pliers said. "You have not answered my question."

" I am a friend of your son's daughter."

" I don't have a son and keep your hands in the air. I am not too old to shoot."

" I mean no harm. Your son, Ted."

Damon saw the hollow eyes shift.

" Did he send you to kill me?"

" No. But I know you took him to Nigeria when he was four. There is also a believe that he killed you and stole from you. The project fund."

" Tell me who you are before I kill you." He said angrily but it was obvious he was ill. He began to breath harder, then started gasping, then dropped the gun before he fell to the ground.

Damon ran towards him. He pointed at a small bottle. Damon got it and he raised two fingers. Damon got two pills, and water for him. He swallowed, his breathing began to slow, he looked more relaxed then fell into a sleep.
Damon carried him and lay him on a sofa. Then he began going through the basement. It had a big bedroom, two clean toilets, a library stashed with big books, then a laboratory. It was obvious that he was still working.

Damon tried to see if he could find anything to give him a clue. He could not understand most of the things he saw so he simply went back and sat down, waiting for him to wake up.
Professor Pliers woke up after about three hours. Damon realised that he had dozed off a few times within that time. Professor Pliers opened his eyes and then sat up, looking stronger.

He uttered no word, went to a table and sipped fresh milk.

" If you are not sent to kill me, why have you come?" He said.

" Your son is after my life." Damon said. " I came to find out more about you. I never knew you were alive."

" Only my daughters know and Ted is not my son." He carried the milk and came back to seat. " I got junk food in there if you are hungry. Martha comes once in a month and brings my provision. I only eat freshly cooked food one week every month. When she brings, I store in refrigerator and after a week, I go back to can food like some marine.Why is he after your life?"

" I discovered about you and him. You took him to Nigeria."

" I did because his father was my friend."

" Was he part of the team? I know about the team, the real mission, the Hart conspiracy and how Maria , I mean Amanda came to work for you. You knew who they were. You were part of the set-up ."

" It is more complicated than you think. I am not saying I trust you. But my days are numbered. I can't die with it on my mind. I have no one to tell. My daughters can't know about this. Having them sneak here with the guile of checking the house is enough for them. Ted was Alex Sean's son. He was the first project leader before he died and I took over. Dr Maxwell was sent to Nigeria for a research. This was in 1970, just after their civil war," he sipped milk.

" Alex said he had a marital problem. He had a mistress who put to bed for him . The son had been a secret. So, he wanted him out of America. He said the safest place was Nigeria, so I took him there. When Alex died, I was nominated to take over which I did. I never heard of Ted again until he and Amanda came back to USA. I did not recognise them. A colleague of mine said Amanda ,who claimed to be Maria Hudson, needed a job. I gave it to her and she was diligent. I never knew Ted was around." He sipped milk again.

" Then one day, a man appeared, called himself Benedict. We met in a pub. He claimed to be a real estate agent. As we got to know each other better, he said his sister was been thrown out of her house. He needed her to stay with me for a week before he secured a place for her. I obliged. She was a pretty girl and very coquettish. I was separated from my wife, still in my forties so I fell for her. It was later I found out that she was indeed Benedict's girlfriend and she was stealing my papers, and information.
I dug into Benedict's life. He was just a technical assistant in a small gas station. When we met at the pub that night, I feigned not to have known. We left for my house and I got my gun on him. I asked him to confess. He refused, so I threatened to shoot his leg. Then he began talking.
He was hired by Ted. It was then I discovered that Maria was Amanda and Richard was Ted. Ted worked in a store close to him. He wanted some of my papers. I was shocked because only a scientist could understand my works. Why did they need it?
Then he told me he was hired to kill me that night and cut off my thumb. I now realised that it was bigger than Ted and Amanda. I would not survive even if I escaped Benedict. I killed Benedict, buried him in my backyard then cut off his thumb. I then cut off my thumb, wrapped it and sneaked to Amanda's apartment with a fake note from Benedict claiming he did it but he had to escape because someone saw him.
I wanted them off my back. You can imagine what it means to cut off my thumb and give it to them. They got the money but it was not just about money. It was about our secret discovery. I have been in this place for almost twenty years. I don't know who is behind it, but it must be one of us. Thank God for satellites, internet, mass media and my daughters, I hear what happens."

" Discovery?" Damon asked.

" Yes. In the course of our research, I discovered a new compound. I got the idea from a mathematical physicist. So, I began the experiment. But we could not find it here. It had to be a temperate country. So, we thought of Africa. We tried six countries before we saw a glimpse of hope in Nigeria so Maxwell was sent there.
The compound was discovered in Mambilla hummocks. We called it Sodium tetraoxoraudacium33. We were able to isolate Raudacium which is an element yet to be officially discovered by science. This element skipped about six gaps in the periodic table. Got atomic number of one hundred and ten. Uranium-238 with atomic number 92 is the heaviest naturally-occurring element on the Earth. But Raudacium 457 is far heavier. It is more radioactive then Uranium, Radium, Thorium and plutonium put together. It releases energy in earth's lithosphere that creates seismic waves. When the epicentre is located offshore, the seabed may be displaced sufficiently to cause a tsunami and volcanic activity.

"It's half life is eighty billion years. This was a breakthrough. So we built a bio-weapon which was meant to quell upheaval, subdue terrorism but I never knew there were elements of personal aggrandizement on play. People who use government to satisfy their selfish interest. My works were stolen and a company was built in Nigeria with the guile of producing chemicals for industrial use.
But they were producing weapons for terrorism and instigating war. They made sure there was war, religious conflicts, drug peddling, fictitious Islamic Jihad sects, freedom fighters. There just has to be war. That was when I knew it was bigger than Richard and his wife.

I heard Richard and his wife were killed in a hotel in Vegas." He shrugged. " But what they stole was nothing compared to what the oligarchs got from my discovery. But just this afternoon I saw on TV what was happening in Nigeria. I saw the Earthquake, the type never seen before then I knew it....only one person could bring my work to action because he had formula-66. Ted's father, the first team leader. His death was a charade. He was the mastermind behind it all. He gave birth to Ted for this. He made sure the core-men died. He killed Maxwell and planned mine. He is alive. "

" What? But the earthquake....."

" It is a test . They have a natural disaster management company. They create a disaster and quell it. Now, you will hear them going to Nigeria to Quell it. They may not charge an amount for the first time. They will feign to discover the cause and solution. Then the disasters will become prevalent, and they will be called, paid billions of dollars to solve the problem."

" Oh my God!"

" Alex is the big devil. The left-handed devil planned this while eating banana and peanuts. "

Damon sighed.

" Richard and Maria are alive." Damon said. " They are the Grants. Richard is on his way to the White House."

Professor Pliers was silent for a split second.

" Holy Moses! The transgender escape route." His hollow eyes shifted. " Tell me all you know. If they are not stopped, I swear they would enslave the world. I swear!"

As Damon eased his bulk, he realised it was bigger than saving his family. It was about saving the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 7:04am On Oct 04, 2018
Don't forget to bless our ministry by buying our books cheesy cheesy

Married to A Fink = N1,500
The Root of A Cynosure = N1,500

All two = N2,000

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by michael123pelemo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Superb story, please update.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Very interesting
Well done OP
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by excelmerry: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oh my God SokoDobo, you are a frigg'n Genius!!! I am intimidated by ur brain & I can't bliv someone sat down, thought of this and wrote it all down. Your imaginative capacity is crazy. Just finished reading this book and it was mind blowing. Suspense, intrigues, humour, u got it all man. God bless u my Brother. Just had to let u know.

Guys, do try to get his books, at least the soft copies and u won't be dissappointed. Off to begin married to a fink..cheers!!!
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
excelmerry:
Oh my God SokoDobo, you are a frigg'n Genius!!! I am intimidated by ur brain & I can't bliv someone sat down, thought of this and wrote it all down. Your imaginative capacity is crazy. Just finished reading this book and it was mind blowing. Suspense, intrigues, humour, u got it all man. God bless u my Brother. Just had to let u know.

Guys, do try to get his books, at least the soft copies and u won't be dissappointed. Off to begin married to a fink..cheers!!!

I am really honored. I do not even know what to say.

Thank you.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Born2Breed(f): 6:58am On Oct 06, 2018
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hello all. I am sorry I wasn't able to make more updates. it's just NEPA wahala. I will try make more updates today God's willing.

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by MhizFavour: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
SokoDobo:
Hello all. I am sorry I wasn't able to make more updates. it's just NEPA wahala. I will try make more updates today God's willing.
I'm starving ooo
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Amos15: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
Bro, you tooooo.....much. I doff my hat for you. Respect
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
EIGHTEEN

Fahad got up abruptly, rushed into the bedroom and got dressed up. Halima ran after him, she could see the expression on his face, the agitation and synergy.

" Where are you going to, darling?"

"Mambilla. Baffa lives in seclusion. I have to save him. I don't know if the emergency agency can get to him. This quake is not good."

"A'a. I can't let you do this."

" I can't stay here."

" You said we should keep praying. We can't do anything."

" I have an helicopter. I must get there punctually."

She burst into tears, blocking his way.

" No! No! It is way too dangerous. I saw it, you switched it off but I saw it."

" I'm sorry, Leema, but I just can't stay back."

She ran and picked her phone, dialled a number and reported him. She listened then went quiet. She spoke to his mother and was told she approved of it.

" But the Prophet SAW said if there is plague in a city, those outside should not go in and those inside should stay......" She began.

" Plague gimbiya. I am going to save him and it's no big deal. I won't land if it's bad. I explained everything to my mum a few minutes ago. I will be back for you insha Allah."

She was crying. She ran and hugged him, rested her head on his chest and cried softly.

"I don't feel good about this."

"It's going to be alright. I have to go. Time. "

She reluctantly released him, and followed him as he left. He got into the car, she kept looking at him until he drove out of sight. He gave her one last look, she was standing, waving with a look that he would never forget. He wove at her and pressed his leg on the pedal.

The engine of the truck roared as it obsequiously moved Damon and the load of groceries through the dust road bothered by shrubs, trees and grasses.
He had arrived in the evening, spent a lot of time getting groceries to last a long time, then waited until it was dark before he resumed the journey home.
He was eager to see his family but the discovery he just made kept resonating. He realised that the saga kept taking a twist as they proceeded. An obfuscated Gordian knot that it’s end seemed to be a mirage.

He now understood why war was prevalent. It made a lot of sense. Why wouldn’t the super powers, the western powers stop a war? Why should one big country be supporting a part of Syria while another super power supports the other? Why not stop the war?

Fahad said Both Nigeria and Biafra had super powers supporting each side during the Nigerian civil war. And this was common with all wars.
There were instigators, rabble-rousers agglomerating global upheavals via economy control, media, subliminal messages , subjecting the caboodle to moral insalubrious state, religious rhetoric, political hullaballoos, but the most annoying thing was how the people allowed themselves to be so naive, and gullible to be used?

He used to wonder why some people say western education was not allowed in Islam. He was so curious as the continued violence over it proliferated. Then he asked Fahad if really Islam was against western education. Fahad gave him a video which changed his views. So, he believed Pliers when he said religion is been used as a charade to create upheaval.

He remembered the Islamic preacher in the video say:

I was asked to talk about the importance of hajj but I beg to digress because we are faced with an issue with great pernicious influence on us. We are aware of the incipient agitation by a group of people calling for the abolition of Western Education in this country.
They claim it is Haram and anything west is forbidden. So I want to talk about education. We do not have enough time to talk about this important topic but I will try to be brief. The first thing Angel Gabriel asked the Holy Prophet SAW to do was to read.
The Holy one did not only come to teach how to worship but a complete way of life. Study the Qur’an, you find geography, economics, sociology, mathematics, history, law, etcetera.
He taught medicine, hygine, government and lots more. So where is this idea from that Islam frowns at education? They call it western education.
How dare you say education if forbidden when some of the greatest contributions to education was done by muslims.
Like I said in retrospect, we do not have much time for this but I will like to tell you or remind you of some of these contributions which I know most of you are aware of. Imagine a world without mathematics.
Imagine mathematics without algebra. Thanks to Muhammad ibn Musa al-khawarizm. The word algorithm was coined from his name. He was born in 720 and died 840. He was a great mathematics researcher whose work in algebra, algorithm, calculus, astronomy and geography cannot be forgotten.
He compiled the oldest trigonometric table. He also introduced Indian numerals which became Arabic numerals and today, the most popular number system which is the Hindu-Arabic number system is been used worldwide. Before him was Jabir ibn Hayyan, Abu Musa was known as the father of chemistry.
Did you know that shampoo was introduced to Europe by a Muslim who opened a bath house in Brighton Seafront in 1759. He was also appointed shampooing surgeon to King George IV and William. The ancient Greek thought eyes emitted rays like laser which enable us to see.
The first person to realise that light enters the eyes rather than leaving it was a tenth century Muslim mathematician,astronomer and physicist called Ibn Al-haithm. He worked on the pin hole camera after noticing the way light came in through the window shutter.
The smaller the hole, the better the picture. He worked out the first camera obscurer from the Arabic word qamara which means a dark or private room. The first person to describe how the eye works in detail was Abu al-hassan from basra. He worked out experiments with reflective materials and proved that the eye does not sense the environment with light rays as was previously believed .
He also discovered that the curved glass surface can be used for magnification. His glass ‘reading stones’ were the first magnifying glasses ever to be made. The reading glasses was developed from this.
The greatest physician until the modern era was Ibn Sina also known as Avacinna. His book, Al-qannun fi al-tibb was a standard book used in Europe for seven hundred years. After the creation of hospitals around the year 1000, a Muslim doctor known as Al-Zahrawi published a 1500 page illustrated encyclopaedia of surgery which was used in Europe as a medical reference for five hundred years.
The first detailed world map was by a Muslim. The first degree-granting university was founded in Fez, Morocco in the year 859. I wonder why some people use Islam as an excuse to cause chaos. There is no doubt that Muslims changed Europe.
Although generations of rulers have tried to expunge the era when Muslims ruled and changed Europe from historical records,recent archaeology and scholarship have shed fresh light on the Moors who flourished in Al-Andalus for more than seven hundred years. Find out and see the ingenious mathematics behind Granada’s dazzling Alhambra Palace.
Their astronomy, art, agriculture helped propel the west out of dark ag es and into renaissance.
If you want to know more about this, watch a documentary by Bettany Huphes titled ‘When The Moors Ruled in Europe’. I also urge you to watch another documentary by BBC,presented by Omar Rager titled ‘An Islamic History of Europe’. Now tell me who on Earth as any substantial reason to claim western education is bad. Islam is a religion of peace and knowledge. Do not let anyone deceive you.
Send your children to school, both boys and girls. The Prophet, peace be upon him said we should learn from the cradle to the grave….I, Jabir support girl-child education……..”

“Allahu akhbar (God is Great)!” a follower had shouted. “ You have spoken the truth, Mallam.”

“I support education,” he continued, “ but denounce any life style that comes with it that contradicts our religious beliefs . I find it highly idiosyncratic and befuddling why these agitation is on ground.
Where did these people get this idea? Are they truly bastions of Islamic ethics? No! They are an epitome of hypocrates, retrogressive and ignorant souls or……people made to cause upheaval. You claim it is haram to deal with western education, yet you use their cars, wristwatches, guns, fly their planes, and so on. I must say this today. I believe the recent bomb blasts we have been experiencing are connected to these agitations.
I have my reasons but due to lack of evidence, I will not go deep now but insha Allah, the time will come when this people will be exposed. They claim it is jihad. Lah (No)! This is not jihad. This is pure terrorism. People don’t know what jihad means. When you do anything that uplifts the word of God, it is jihad and you must start with your heart.
Fight your heart. The heart is prone to evil. Overcome your evil desires and follow the laws of God. The Prophet SAW gave commandments in wars brothers and sisters, this is how you know who is a real jihadist.
Even during a war, it is prohibited in Islam to cut down a tree, kill a child, kill old people, destroy a temple, or church, kill those who surrender, or run away, kill a woman, sick person, a priest, pastor, or monk. It is also prohibited to disfigure the dead. You are only allowed to kill an animal only for the purpose of eating and it is obligatory to treat prisoners well and feed them.
But what do we witness today? You go to a trade centre and detonate a bomb, killing innocent people, children, women, old people, civilians, and keep shouting ‘Allahu akhbar’. You will rot in hell. You detonate bombs and destroy lives and properties in the name of Islam….your Islam but not ours, the conventional and true Islam.
If you are right, bring out your proves that the prophet, peace be upon him behaved the way you do. I challenge any one to check history, all the gazwahs and tell us where the Muslims killed children, women, civilians, and so on. You are not Muslims but terrorists! There is no compulsion in religion. Unto your religion and unto mine but do not stop me from practicing mine.
You are been brainwashed to commit suicide after committing mass murder by suicide bombing, and you are told that seventy two virgins await you in heaven. No virgins in hell. Suicide is a straight ticket for eternal stay in hell fire. You will pay for killing yourself and others.
Terrorists have no religion, I once heard a white man say. Some faceless oligarchs, deep into a fustian pact are behind this rhetorical, rabble rousing, clandestine movement. But I blame us who allow ourselves to be instigated and used in this sanguinary acts. Today, Islam is seen as a religion of war.
There are gullible ones, with negative pre-conditioned mind-set gotten through subliminals, rhetorics, propaganda and vitriol who believe .
Don’t get me wrong, there are Muslims who perpetuate these acts, but they don’t represent Islam.
When it is a muslim, it is terrorism, if it is a non Muslim, it is just a crime. We must put all hands on deck and make the world a better place. We must live in peace and work together, no matter our diffrences.
We will not be honest with ourselves if we say we are one. We are different in many ways but all we need to do is understand our differences and live as one . Like I said inretrospect, we must start by fighting our hearts, pray and abide by divine laws then God will help us. I think I can use the remaining time to talk about Hajj……….

So the agitation about it was all hocus-pocus.

He arrived the hide out a few minutes to 10:00PM. Alicia was eagerly waiting for him. They embraced for a few minutes before one of the babies cried. She quickly withdrew then rushed to him.

“ So, I got a reason to be jealous too, huh?” He said as he moved in, “ You just abandoned me.”

She chucked, carried him and dabbed him.

The second one began to cry too. What! How had she been coping? Who said women were not amazons? Who dared disrespect this wonderful creatures? Where the hell were the so-called misogynists?

“ Who is this?” She asked as she passed the first one that cried.

“ Damon.” He said confidently.

“ No.”

“ I said Simon.”

She chuckled. “ Okay, it’s Damon.”

“Now you get me confused.”

“ They are both left handed like grandma.” She said , breastfeeding him. “ The doctor said breast milk has supplement but nothing can be like it.”

“ But ladies don’t like doing it.”

She gave him the second one, collected the one he was holding and started breastfeeding.

“ It sucks but I want the best for my babies. But whoa, I can’t go on breast alone. Theses kid will suckle me to death.”

“Motherhood, my darling.”

“It’s funny. I can’t imagine I am a mother .”

“ For real, honey and I am a father.”

“ Just like yesterday under the tent . Never had the faintest idea it was my baby father I was meeting.”

“ Now you want me want to get cappuccino.”

They both laughed.

“ But we have been through a lot in a short while.” She said thoughtfully .

“ That’s a story to tell while I pop beer with my grandpals.”

They laughed again.

“ But you know I miss him, don’t you?” She said.

“ Hmmm dad has always been such a devil. He keeps raising your hackles but you still like him.” He said. “Maybe that was what happened to my mum. They are not compatible.”

“ That’s called strange love.” She said and lay Simon on the cot. He went and lay Damon on his cot.

“ How was your trip? Anything?”

“ A shocker……” He told her what he learnt. She was Shocked and scared.

Then something nudged his brain.

“ Remember the first day I asked you out for dinner and you said you were going to have dinner at your grandmother’s house?”

She nodded.

“ You just said she is left handed.”

“Sure.”

“ Does she like like banana?”

“ Banana and peanut , yes.”

“ Oh my God! That is Professor Alex, your grandfather and the man who wants to rule the world using your father as a viceroy.”

She was speechless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by okeyben10: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2018
jeez sokodobo
yu and yuh deepshit conspiracies.
still can't wrap my finger around what/who d cynosure is.
buh man, yu r good
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
It had been hectic and dangerous but Fahad succeeded in evacuating Baffa, the workers and a lot more. But when he was up in the sky, he saw something. It was a very large compound with a lot of industrial buildings in the hummocks.
He saw a lot of trucks too and the earthquake seemed not to threaten the place. After extricating people, he decided to fly over there.

Then he felt something narrowly missed him.
He was been targeted. What? He tried to escape. He was shocked as he saw two military helicopters coming after him.
Ya Salam!

He started running for his life. The only thing he had was a pistol which was completely useless now. They had a military helicopter.
Was this the clandestine camp? The place where those trucks went? Whatever it was , they made it an out of bound vicinity.
They started firing shot at him. He kept running , trying to give more space.

After about thirty minutes of running, he felt an impact, then the roar of my engine changed. He lost control and the chopper began to descend unwillingly, not by the power of engine, but acceleration due to gravity. He was crashing.

Halima felt a knock in her heart! Fahad, what was wrong? She tried his number but he did not pick.
Ya Allah, keep Fahad safe for me.
She began to cry. She missed him, his smile, his touch, his……everything.

Fahad opened his eyes and found himself been carried by two strange looking people. Who were they, where was he?
It took a few seconds to recall what had happened before he got here. After the crash he had lay there breathing slowly, feeling the excruciating pain in his head, legs and back. He could see part of his crashed helicopter still hanging on the big tree while the rest of the parts were scattered on the ground.
Thank God for the tree which reduced the impact. If he had crashed directly onto the ground, from such an altitude, he should have been part of the debris.

His attackers had gone back, mission accomplished and happy he was destroyed. Where was he? This was a great distance from Mambilla. The tall, big trees, and thick bush told him he was deep in a jungle. He put his hand in his pocket and brought out his phone.
He tried to dial a number. It was not astonishing to find no network. With no phone, no plane, nothing, then he was seriously stranded.
Halima! She had been calling him, but he could not pick the calls because he was trying to escape from the killers. He could even remember hearing the phone ringing.

He hoped she would be alright. He hoped someone would pacify her and calm her down. He was alive, still breathing ....for now.
He had been lying there for over two hours so he made an effort to sit up. Miraculously, he had no broken bone or serious injury. The pains must have been from falling down. The seatbelt had also helped tremendously.

He was famished, fagged out, and felt miserable. He did not know where to go, what to do or what would happen next.
Who were those people? What were they doing there that made the place out of bounds? And why were they not perturbed about the earthquake?

What happened to Damon and his wife? Were they caught and killed? God forbid! But it was almost ten months since they lost contact. What was going on ?
Using parts of his crashed chopper, he made a small room, barely big enough to give space to stretch his body but anything was better letting a snake bite him. He hated those reptiles. No, he was damn scared of them.

He had slept that night without food or water. The next morning, he kept scavenging until he saw a rabbit. He tried to hunt it but it escaped. He spent that day without water and food.
He was getting weaker, feeling sick yet he was thinking of Halima. He hoped she wasn't going to get sick from worries. He wanted her to know he was alive but would he ever see her again? He was in the middle of a jungle, not having the slightest idea of the geographical location.

He had arrived here in a state of agitation, been chased so he just moved randomly.
No food, no water and wondered how long he was going to last.
The third day, he saw a big rabbit and shot it. He had no fire so he went to the debris of the chopper, got some fuel and made sparks to ignite flame.
He roasted it, no seasoning, spice and he did not even think of it. It was the best thing he ever tasted. It was while he was eating he saw a big hyena sneaking towards him. What? Wild animals!
He raised his gun and shot at it. It scampered. But he knew his bullets would not last forever. It rained that night and he collected water in a hollow debris. Damn hygiene. He didn't know how safe it was, he drank water after three days.

It was on the tenth day, as he went hunting he felt something hit his head. Before he passed out, he saw a strange looking man.
Now he remembered. It was them who had hit him. They were about seven of them. What kind of people were these?
Immediately they got to where seemed to be their village, he wondered what kind of people they were. He saw men, women, and children.

Firstly, they were big. Like finding an adult who was less than six foot tall was scarce.
Most of the men were brawny, wearing plenty hair which they plait with black and white beads.
Secondly, nobody wore clothes. The men only had short skirts made of hides round their waist, then beads round their necks, ankles and wrists.
The ladies wore what looked like pants. The breasts were bare, then they wore multi-coloured beads on round their waists, necks, wrist and ankles. They were mostly tall and statuesque.

The buildings were made of mud and nothing showed a sign of living in the 21st century. Everything he saw was locally made.
Immediately he was led into the remote village, an alarm was raised and they went frenzied, running to see the strange being, some held dangerous weapons, children shouting, women trying to catch a glimpse of him, while some youths wanted to be given the chance to shred him to pieces.

Trouble!

Some men had to restrain them, trying to keep order and he was carried to a large square where the natives kept trooping until they formed a big circle. They spoke a very strange language .

What were they going to do to him? Were they cannibals? Barbarians? What? The last of people living out of civilization he knew about were the Koma people that were discovered in 1986.
He was then brought down, then tied to a stake while some of them began to make fire. What? Were they going to roast him? He could not shout. What was the point? Who was going to save him? He only prayed, if this was going to be his end, then he prayed he left with the kaleemah (the last words expected of a dying Muslim). He could not help thinking about his family, friends and ....Halima. They just got married, still in honeymoon, just starting their lives, opening the vista to bliss land, trying to explore the bliss of marital life, then it would be cut short, leaving her in grief, melancholy, tears and pain, then forced into mourning period, then labelled a widow.

Would he die and end up in the bellies of these brutal looking cannibals, and finally in their pits. Ya Salam!

They were excited and curious. He was tied so tightly he could barely move. Only a few of the men, who looked like their police, soldiers or whatever were allowed to come into the space. They had a red rope tied round their heads.
One of them, who looked like a leader came and stood before him, stared at him curiously then touched his shirt. He felt the texture then gave him a sharp glance.

" Boom! Baru hum chu hum?" It sounded like a question.

" I don't know what you are talking about." Fahad said.

" Hehehehe!! Hum sububtu!!!"He said and tore off his shirt. This man was strong. The crowed cheered. He could not tear all of it off because he was tied. He then tore it into pieces and he shared it among his men. They were so excited, each man looked at his piece with amusement while some of those in the crowd seemed to envy them.

Each man adorned himself with his. Some tied it round their arm, some legs and one whose piece was too small tied it to his neck beads.
Then the leader saw Fahad’s belt and went shocked. What was this? He must have wondered. He touched the buckle, opened his mouth and looked round proudly.
He then held a part, a strong leather belt and cut it with one tug. Damn! He raised the belt up while they cheered. It was like Messi raising a trophy. This time, he could not afford to share. He tied the belt round his waist. Then the next thing to rip off was his trousers. They shared it, given those who did not get a part of the shirt. The leader had a cut and he was the only one who had a piece from the shirt and trouser.
One of them moved to the crowd with a swagger, then a girl rushed to him. It seemed she was his girlfriend. He proudly tied it round her neck. She almost cried in joy. Other girls seemed to envy her, wished they had a boyfriend who would be so caring, giving and made them proud.
As the girl went back to the crowd, other girls hailed her, and she beamed with smiles. Then what? The boxers !

The leader ripped it off and Fahad was left naked. Humiliation of the first order! They shared it and he saw some men bringing a cauldron and put it on the fire. Then some ladies brought water and almost filled the cauldron.
Did they want to cook him alive? While the water was left to boil, he saw about ten men come with musical instruments, drums, local flutes and some of which he could not identify.

They began to beat the drums, and the soldiers gave space to dancers. Were they celebrating his death?
They lined-up in rows. About twelve men at one part and equal numbers of girls on the other side. Each man had a female partner.
Dance was begun.

The girls were first to start. They moved uniformly. Shaking their chests, their bosoms moving up and down, they danced towards the men and as they came closer, they would turn and push out their buttocks.
Then the men will dance forward and spank them on the buttocks and the crowd would cheer.

What the heck!

Then the ladies would dance back to their position.

Now it was the men's turn.

They moved uniformly, wriggling their stiff bodies, their stout chests shaking, eyes stern and show of strength in motion.
They will go close to the girls and push out their waist, while their head is moved back. The ladies would dance forward and spank them on their manhood. The crowd loved this part.

They cheered. You could see joy on their faces, amusement all for his death.

The water was now boiling while they kept dancing. The leader shouted and the dancing was stopped. Fahad was covered with a skirt like theirs. It seemed it was the last honor.
They untied him, he was shivering and jittery. They untied him and dragged him to the cauldron.

As he said the kaleemah in his mind, he could see the picture of Halima, her smiles, her beautiful face as she served him fura da nono, her long silky hair, her voluptuous body.

He remembered the first day he saw her, the innocence, the look of pity, the beauty and her taciturnity. He could picture all those days in the jungle, the rain falling on them, the times they shared, and their love making.
Getting married to her was his dream. He achieved that but it that was now being cut short. How was she going to feel? Ya Allah, give her the fortitude to bear the loss, and make her next husband treat her better than I did.

She was a princess and deserved nothing but a royal treatment. She was a baby, she deserved to be pampered. She was an egg, so delicate and must be handled with uttermost care. She was a queen, she deserved to be served. She was Halima, she deserved nothing but the best.
He felt tears in his eyes, first he tried to stop it but it was too much to be stopped. He allowed it cascade down his cheeks as he was lifted to be thrown into the boiling water alive. Ash hadu'a lailaha ilallah, Wa ash'aduanna Muhammada Rasulillah (the kaleemah).

4 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2018
No cry
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
NINETEEN

Halima stood up from the praying mat, walked to the bed and flung herself on it. She could imagine his jovial face, hear his deep voice, see his smile, his beards which which loved to play with.
The man who beared with her for weeks. She ignored him but he still stuck by her. The billionaire who turned a cattle rearer for her love. The man who loved her for who she was. He did not care about her educational background, or status.
The man who was there for her, the one she got married to and turned her into a woman. He gave her a lift, turned her life around and was building her, transforming her into a sophisticated lady. She now knew designers, drove cars, provided for her family and knew what it felt to be loved.
God forbid but if something happened to him, would she ever love another man? Where was he? What happened? It was about ten days, no sign of him, nothing was heard, his phone that used to ring had stopped.
If it was a kidnap, let there be a demand for ransom. If they want his life, let them do her a favour and take her along.
She broke into uncontrollable tears. He was her husband, friend, playmate, soul mate, parents, everything. He was her life.

" Halima." Hajiya, his mother came in. Halima had been moved to the family house since he went missing.

" Enough of the crying, what we need is prayers"

As Halima turned to look at her, her eyes were red and immediately their eyes met, Hajiya also broke into tears.

Fahad closed his eyes as he felt the heat of boiling water, hoping someone would shoot him so he could die before being thrown in.
This was not just a good way to go.
He waited to feel the burn, the peeling of skin, the scream from his dying voice, the fading picture of Halima and his mum which were the images he had saved to be the last.

But the images were still there, refusing to fade, and the only pain he felt was that of the heat of the steam. Then he felt a fresher air before he saw himself being brought down. What happened?
Was it the faint shout he heard?
He saw everywhere go calm, the crowd went mute and there was absolute silence. What was going on?

Then he saw all of them kneel down, their heads bowed as a hunk of beef walked majestically, followed by about twelve fierce looking warriors, holding spears, bows and arrows and swords. The cock of the walk should be some inches above seven foot tall, taller than Shaquille O'Neal and bigger.
His skirt was made of white wool which looked immaculately clean and expensive, from their standard.
He wore a white woollen cap with golden buttons adorning the front side. His beads were sparkling and his strap sandals was made of crocodile hide.

The way his hair was plaited showed his elegance. Corn rows, travelling in different directions and adorned with pearls.
His eyes were like the painting of a dragon Fahad had. His nose was bulbous, thick dark lips and aggressive wide jaw. His skin was dark and shiny, his body rippled with muscles with biceps that was bigger than six of Fahad’s combined.

This was the most intimidating person he ever saw. His size alone was enough to send him fainting.

" Tuhm baha!" The leader of the soldiers shouted.

" Tuhm! Tuhm!!" The crowd chorused.

" Tuhm baha!" He shouted again.

" Tuhm! Tuhm!!"

He was obviously the king. Two hefty men brought a wooden well carved chair and placed it in the middle of the space. As he sat down, the crowd shouted, " Tuhm uhum!"
He said nothing. He just sat majestically while two women fanned him. The warriors around him kept glaring at people and it was obvious that the slightest wrong move was tantamount to been torn alive.

" Baram hum" He said and the leader came and dragged Fahad before him, forcing him to his knees. He looked at Fahad who felt like melting in fear.

He then looked at the leader and said " Gya vundu?" It sounded like a question.

The leader who now looked soft shook his head. That meant 'no' to whatever the king asked.

" Wunduhu?" He asked Fahad.

" I don't know what you say, sir.”

" Sahu faru hinta." He ordered. A man ran and climbed a horse and sped off.

A few minutes later, the horse man came back with another man. The crowd began to cheer as the man was brought.
The man was big which was very normal here. He wore the ordinary skirt and looked every inch like the rest but he wore an old worn out beret, and a pen was carefully placed behind his ear.
He came and knelt before the king then the king said something to him. He nodded then stood up, stared at Fahad for a few seconds then said,

" wetin is you?( who are you)?"

Just at these words, the crowd cheered. They were so proud of him. It took an affort to get the crowd quiet.

" My helicopter crashed." Fahad said.

" Jenlikwafta?"

" No, helicopter." Fahad said. " helicopter.” Fahad spread his arms and gesticulated, then pointed upwards, " Puku puku pukupuku." He made a circles with his hands to show the movements of the fan blades."

" Ahaa! Jelopilane."He said excitedly.

" Yes, Jelopilane(aeroplane)." Fahad concurred.

" Which today ( what day)?"

" Eight todays( Eight days ago)." Fahad replied trying to descend to his level.

" Hmm.." He turned to the king and said something to him. The king nodded and said something back.

" Is him...." He pointed at the leader, " tell you is is a king( did he tell you about the existence of our king)?"

Fahad shook his head.

" No. I thought he was the king."

He told the king that and Fahad saw anger on his face, his nostrils seemed to expand and contrast. He felt it was condescending that the leader could discover a stranger and decide to execute him without authority and was not even told about his existence.

" Ri hutua tumtum zifa!" He barked.

Two of the warriors switched into action. They went to the leader and one of them untied his red rope.

" Aaaaahhhhhh!" The crowd exclaimed. It seemed the red rope was important. Removing it was like an American police being deprived of his badge.
He was made to kneel down. The others now looked jittery, secretly untying the pieces of clothes they had shared.

" Uyu wahumpti. Tin sa kuiju,vahimus!" Ordered the king. A verdict perhaps.

Five warriors came and lifted the leader, he tried to struggle, shouting but he was overpowered. What were they doing to him? Then Fahad felt his bile rise. No!
He was forced to the cauldron, like he made them do to Fahad. They held him by his legs....oh no!
They immersed him, head first into the boiled water then removed him and flung him on the ground.
He screamed, wriggling in pains and the crowd laughed. It was funny...to them. His reaction must have made them laugh. No one showed any sign of irritation.

The king looked at him and smiled for the first time. He had been amused and entertained. What kind of people were these? They seemed not to be connected to the outside world. He saw not even a sachet, can, or anything that was from the outside world thrown on the ground.
They lived in their world. He was not sure they knew the existence of President Muhammadu Buhari, or the senate or their governor.

He flicked a finger and the leader was dragged away. How could he have known that he was setting up boiled water that he would end up being immersed in? At least he knew what it felt like to be immersed in boiled water .

The king got on his feet, studied Fahad and then walked towards him. He then raised him up like a child carrying her teddy bear, studied him, with his dragon-eyes then gently dropped him.

" Wuti fugaa humbum." He said and the English -man began to translate what the king said.

" He is is weak person(he is a weak being)" Said the translator. " I is is honourable him ( I will honour him). He is take am go up into become a up up person in becoming a citizenship of our kingdom( He has been dignified with the privilege of becoming a citizen of our kingdom."

The crowd cheered, and the drummers gave a one minute performance to celebrate with Fahad. They felt it was the greatest honour to be given the chance to become part of them.
At least, it was an honour to be given the chance to live again, even when the means of escaping looked impossible. And thank God, they were not the cannibals he thought they were. Who knew, just maybe he would get the chance to see his wife and family again?

The king made them give him a gift of a skirt and beads. The way the natives reacted, it was a big deal to wear clothes given by the king.
Fahad was given a new skirt, and a servant wore the beads round his neck, wrists and ankles. The crowd cheered. he was made to sit down while three women came and plaited his hair and adorned it with white and black beads. Ya Salam!
He did not need to stand before the mirror to see how awkward he looked. Whatever, it was a blessing to be alive. He should have been long gone in that cauldron.

He was given a hut. It was built like a dome with no roof. The bed was made of bamboo and covered with treated grass. A local lamp hung on the wall, then two extra skirts on the bed. This was his new home.

He had barely settled when English-man came. He told Fahad his name was Gwinbu. He was the son of Rabunza, the only man who ever left Dabuhu kingdom, went and came back with a foreign language, a shirt, trousers and the beret he was wearing.
Rabunza thought them English and they became the most educated in the kingdom. This made them well respected and got a lot out of national ( national in their context) wealth.

His father wore the shirt, which he had been wearing for thirty years. The trouser was given to the king as a gift from another world, and the king only wore it during very special celebrations. Then the beret was given to Gwimbu because he was the most learned among Rabunza's children.
Gwimbu could count one to fifty in English. He knew all the alphabets and had seen a textbook with pictures cars, trains, and many other things. They had a school and he was the head teacher. But as a rule, some knowledge were kept hidden from the others.

For instance, they only taught how to count from one to twenty. Only he and his father could count to fifty. There had to be that element of respect and if they disgorged the whole knowledge, the family might lose its relevance.

He took Fahad to the school. It was built with bamboo and thatched roofs. The students sat on the ground while the teachers, comprising of only Rabunza's children stood in front of the class.
The students were over five hundred, arranged in classes. Gwimbu proudly took him round the school while he saw a world he never imagined existed.

" Shabunda hunda dumdurum." A teacher said and the students said after him.

" The boy is is raning in the legs( The boy is running)" He translated, and they said after him'

What the heck!

" A is appurr ( A is for apple) " He went on wile the class repeated after him.

" B is bonks ( b is for box), C is cas (C is for cat).”

They left there while a part of Fahad’s heart cried while another part laughed.
It was at that moment he saw some warriors coming, with stern faces that sent fear into hearts. They walked to them and said something to Gwimbu.

Gwimbu looked at Fahad excitedly.

" You is is want (you are wanted)......by the king pikin woman ( by the princess)." He said. " I think is is lacking you ( I think she likes you)"

What?

Fahad turned to see her standing with about ten fierce looking warriors standing behind her. She was staring at him with a smile.

Trouble!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
embarassed
Pls nothing should happen to Fahad
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by okeyben10: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
d princess is lacking you fahad

lolcheesy

too hilarious
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by khaifa(f): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2018
Got me hooked here wink

Me as the king pikin mama is lacking what you the king pikin (SokoDobo) is do.......

You are talented!
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Kelisss: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sokodobo, God bless ya brain. You got me glued to my phone. Well done
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
She was one of the tallest girls Fahad had ever seen. She stood straight, displaying her chubby curved body which was covered with a multi-coloured woolen skirt. It seemed the woolen skirt was the mink coat of the kingdom.
Her front hair was made in cornrows, then the back in bunches while various coloured beads adorned it. Her nose was pierced. Fixing a small ring to accentuate the beauty of the slim nose which sat proudly over firm lips.
Shea butter must have given her chocolate-brown skin that smooth, glittering façade. Her eyes were not large but emitted rays of captivity and power, with a blend of intimidation.

He did not look at her exposed bosom for long, but a glance made him wonder how they could be so big and firm, radiating its vintage of youthfulness, the perfect example of natural healthy anatomical organ. Her neck, wrist, waist and ankles were adorned with pearls which must have been the most expensive jewelleries there. She held a hand fan, while some of her maids fanned her.

Fahad felt his heart racing, as she kept looking at him with a soft smile. He looked at Gwimbu , hoping he or anyone could save him from this dilemma but Gwimbu’s smile and look of envy gave him a chilly heart.

“ This is is the king pikin woman(that is the princess).” He said ,” she is is come to you. Kachakum! Every man is is praying she is is lacking him. You is come in one today and she is is lacking you. Go.”

“ You-you need to come with me. Translation.”

“ No, no, no. She is is my before student (she is my ex-student)” He said proudly and made her look like someone Professor Wole Soyinka points at and say ‘ I thought her’.

“ But the king can’t speak English.” Fahad said.

“ Who is is going to taughted the king? The king is is not taughted because is is shaming for our king to be taughted. “

“ Because the king is too big to be taught, he remains….” He engulfed the rest of his words. He could see the picture of the cauldron with boiled water, and the sound of laughter as the leader was immersed in it. Damn his opinion.

Fahad walked slowly towards her, while it seemed the whole school were watching them . The warriors wore stern expressions, as if it was a crime to smile or look normal.
As he got close to her, she closed her eyes, opened it then walked to him, stared at him, slapped him and turned her back, covering her face in shame.

What? What offence did I commit?
Her maids also covered their faces in shame and turned back.

“ Kangras (congrats)” Gwimbu said, touching his shoulder.

“ What for? Getting slapped?”

He laughed.

“ If is is a woman pikin lacking you, she is slappin you and shaming and is is show say she is wanted you be that ( when a lady likes you, she slaps you then feels ashamed. That is a sign of love.”

Damn!

“ Now is is you go and slapping her her backas.” He told Fahad.

“ What is backas?’

Gwimbu seemed to enjoy teaching him.

He pointed at her buttocks then quickly withdrew his hand .

“ But I don’t want her.” He whispered. “I am married.”

“ Kachakum! If is is talk am she is is crying and the king is is lack am pass anything and you is is kill am ( if you turn her down, she would cry and she is the king’s favourite. That could lead to your execution).”

Damn!

He moved and stood behind her, remembered the slap then used his palm to give her a hard smack on the buttocks. She gave a short moan of pain and the warriors gave Fahad a sharp unfriendly look.

“ Hey! It’s love guys. Don’t take it personal.” He said quickly.

She now smiled as she turned. The toasting has been done. Next phase: Love begins.

Trouble!

A big warrior quickly moved and rested his big body on his hands and knees, making his back as straight as possible. Another one did the same by his side, leaving just a small space. Fahad wondered what that meant. She walked majestically and sat on one of the men, exhibiting her royalty , a satisfactory look on her face as she looked at Fahad.

“ You is is go and sitted in am (go and sit on him)”

What the heck!

He moved and sat on the warrior but only perched precariously, opposite her.

“ Lah lah lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” The maids shouted as they sat down. There was excitement on their faces. The students were no more concentrating on their studies, just like the so-called teachers.

“ Mas names is is Goshiya.” She said in a voice lighter than he had expected from a big lady like her.

Is is! She was Gwimbu’s pupil really.

“ Mas names is is Na-Halima (Halima's).” Fahad mocked .

She giggled.

“ Wheres is is caming faram( where do you come from)?”

“ Abuja.”

“Wetin is is Abuja?”

“ The FCT.”

“ Is is they have a kings?”

“ There is a president. The president of Nigeria.”

“ Presidance? Wetin is is Presidance and Najaria?”

“ The leader of all of this place……” He saw her expression changing, “ but your father is the king of the world. He is bigger than the president. He is bigger than Muhammadu Buhari and Donald Trump and Putin put together.”

She smiled and he thanked God she did not ask him What Muhammadu and Trump meant. She now touched his cheeks, ticked them and squeezed lightly.

“ Lah lah lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” This time, the female pupils joined the maids. Was that a rite to show a romantic scene?

“ You is is spoken Engilish difference( your way of speaking English is different), is is our teacher no sabi?
( is our teacher bad at spoken English?)”

“No,no,no.”He said, not wanting to be on anybody’s blacklist, “ your teacher is is good am.”

“ A lie am(that’s a lie) you is is chanja you spoken because I’m talk( You changed your way of speaking because I’m becoming suspicious).”

She was no fool, Fahad. He warned himself. Be careful.

“ I is is tell am my father me is lacking you( I told my father that I like you). Is is say I marry you (he approved of you getting married to me.”

Damn!

“ But you barely know me. We just met today.”

“ I’m lacking you! I’m lacking You!!” She said and he saw anger in her eyes. She was not ready to listen to any excuse. Fahad guessed she was the type that when she wanted something, she made sure she got without a second thought.
Her breathing was increasing it’s tempo, her heavy breast moving up and down and the warriors began to study her, their faces hardened.

“ I am lacking you.” He said with a false smile.

She beamed with smiles. He thought of his wife and felt tears in his eyes. She thought it was for her. She held his hands, wipped off tears from his face and began to cry.

“Lah lah lah lahlah lah lahlah lahhhhhhhhhhhhh”

This time, the lah-lah was boisterous , rhapsodic and there was a lot of cheers. Even the hard faced warriors softened. A love scene of the first order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
Baba don enter one chance grin
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by nastynic(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ann2012:
embarassed
Pls nothing should happen to Fahad

LA LA Me is Lacking you grin grin grin

Damn Bruh...
Your imagination is superb..
Thanks For the Update
More Cash to your account
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2018
nastynic:

LA LA Me is Lacking you grin grin grin

Me is nor lacking u Jor tongue
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2018
Just dressed in a tight palazzo pants and crop top, Halima went into Hajiya’s (Fahad’s mother) living room. Hajiya made sure Halima lived in her quarters and slept in the same room. She was so nice to her, making sure she ameliorated her pains. She always reminded Halima that it was not her fault and if there was any was to be blamed, it was her because Halima did all she could to stop him.
She was always reciting the Holy Qur’an, performing Nawafils, and praying for her husband. But she could not help crying on daily bases, and imagining a lot of things.

Immediately she got into the living room, she cringed as she saw a chubby, fair complexioned young man sitting on the sofa.
He exclaimed, “ Subahallah! Subahallah!!” But he never took his eyes off her bosom and hips. What the hell was the exclamation for when he bored his debauchery eyes into her?

She quickly ran back and wore her veil. He was called Sabir, Fahad’s cousin. He had been coming frequently since Fahad got missing.
There was still a massive search for Fahad. The hummocks was intensively been searched by special forces and local hired men. Huge amount of money was been spent but no sign of her dear husband.

“ Good afternoon, Sabir.” She said after she came back into the living room.

“ Good afternoon. I hope you feel better.”

“ Thank you. “

“ Oh, Halima, I feel really bad but you must accept qadr (destiny).” He went on. “ I love you so much……”

She gave him a sharp glance, “ because Fahad loves you. He was my favourite cousin.”He completed.

“ Was?” She frowned. “ Is he dead?”

He sighed, making her feel an explosion in her heart. What did he know that he was not telling her?

“We don’t know yet. But I hope we find him. I miss him. We grew up together but while he spent most of his time in US, I spent mine in Britain. The Yar’aduas are everywhere. And he was more popular than I was. People loved him but his only problem was he never loved anything forever.” He smiled. “ I remembered when we got our first cameras, he would not sleep, but after sometime, it was off his mind. Even all the girls he had dated…... But he is a sweet guy.”

What was he trying to insinuate?

“ I still have that camera in my collections. I had just a few friends but I kept them for life.” He ran his hands over his lips, “ I always cherish whatever I have forever, I am a sucker when it came to loyalty. I take time to fall in love with something, and take all the time to keep loving it forever. So, when Fahad begins to show some signs of brush-up, if he will come back insha Allah, don’t get angry, he does not like it himself. Talk to me.”

“ Why are you telling me all these?”

“ Because it is imperative you know him and you don’t misconceive him. When you want to sell something out, let the buyer know not just the merits but the faults. I don’t want you guys to break up.”

“Don’t you think we should be talking about his safety first?”

“ Safety? After how many days? I love him so much I don’t want to get myself on false hopes.” He began to cry. It was so mawkish and melodramatic. “ I hate to face the facts but one thing is certain, no matter what happens…..you will not leave this family.”

“How?”

“ Even if Allah has taken Fahad away from us, and we accept qadr as good Muslims, we will not let you go and marry someone else.We will fulfill his wish and keep you still married here. I hate it to say this but….”He was sobbing, “ I love Fahad so much I will take the responsibility of taken care of you, love you more than he did, I will hold you tight …all for Fahad.”

The anger in her turned into confusion. Was he normal?

“ Please leave.” She said firmly, feeling sick and repulsive, “ I don’t want to hear anything from you and keep yourself away from me.”

“ What? I am Fahad’s cousin. It’s all for him.”

“ Get out! “

He got up, his eyes frisking her bosom and hips, seeing the hunger in his lustful eyes.

You can never have them. I am your tantalizer, idiot!

He shrugged and left. She took in a deep breath, moved, locked the door and ran back to the bed and cried. Fahad, please come back to me.

2 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2018
“ You are right .” Jack said from the other end of the phone. “There is an Earthquake right now in Los Angeles and the company that helped stop the Nigerian earthquake for free has been contacted. They charged fifty billion dollars and the government has no option other than to pay.“

“ Oh my God! Fifty what?” Damon exclaimed. “ The insurgency is on. Theses guys mean business.”

“ And no one seems to suspect anything.” He said,

“ They are going to make a hell lot of money and guess who owns the company? The Grants.”

Richard’s father was the boss. They were only used as fronts, Damon thought.

“ How do we pin these guys? They are going to keep ripping the globe. They now claim some industrial activities cause it. When It happens in five states in a country, that’s two-fifty billion dollars. Twenty countries a year will yield two point- five trillion dollars. When they do this every two years, what do you expect?”

Oh my God! How can one family be making such an amount of money at the expense of people’s lives?
These guys were no doubt going to be the richest in the world.
And when he became president, it would make things easier.

“ I met Professor Pliers.” Damon said. “ He said the main chip that gave life to the machine that is used to produce the explosive Sodium tetraoxoraudacium33 quake activator is only one and that is the prototype he produced. No one had the formula of how he did it and if they knew he was alive, they would squeeze it out of him because if the existing one gets lost or destroyed, then the project was over. So, the only solution is to find this machine and destroy the chip.”

“ The chip must be in Nigeria then.”

“ That was my initial thought since the chemicals are found there but he said it does not work that way. The chemicals are produced there and then turned into dormant form and disguised as industrial chemicals which are legal. They pose as industrialists with registered companies then move it to the country they want to attack. The chemical is activated and made ready to start a quake through radio waves which is transmitted through satellites. The main machine is hidden somewhere and can activate the chemical at any part of the world. If we can find this machine, then destroy the chip, the world will be saved.”

“ Phew! What a bunch of evil geniuses ! So, how do we ……” Jack started but Damon stopped concentrating. He heard a rumbling sound, so deep his stomach shook. What was that?

“ I hear a rumbling, “ Damon said and stood up from the sofa. Alicia came out from the inner room.

“ Do you hear what I hear?” She asked.

“I do.” He said and walked to the front door, used the remote to open the door, made sure his gun was in his right hand while he held the phone with his left hand.

“ What is going on there?” Jack asked “ I can hear the rumblings.”

“ Oh my God!” Damon said after he climbed a little hill to take a view. Alicia was behind him, holding his hand.

“ We have a quake Jack!” Damon screamed. “ And I got my family close to it. I gotta to go!”

He had never been that confused before. He thought about his innocent kids lying in their cots. He held Alicia, she was scared. Who would not be? He took a last look at the mountain that was vibrating vigorously before they ran in for the kids. This was not good!

3 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Thanks for the update OP
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by olukuewu(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Fear for Damon and his family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Has An Idea What This Is About? / Above The Shadows / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.