Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

The Root Of A Cynosure - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Root Of A Cynosure (33484 Views)

Game Killer No Root Apk / Revisiting The Root Series #3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ayotomiwa29(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
U are the best...kudos pls more updates
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sokodobo you no go kill pèson o.

lol ,I was walking today and heard Craig David's (I'm walking away) ,my mind flashed at "cream debis " pak you.. I started laughing until a lady walked past me and returned a weird look at me ,I kept a straight face hahaha.

So much creativity and deep mental pictures.

3 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
CaZmir:
Sokodobo you no go kill pèson o.

lol ,I was walking today and heard Craig David's (I'm walking away) ,my mind flashed at "cream debis " pak you.. I started laughing until a lady walked past me and returned a weird look at me ,I kept a straight face hahaha.

So much creativity and deep mental pictures.

lol

Thanks
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
SokoDobo:

lol
Thanks
. I appreciate your efforts.

I dey ya back.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
The sky was azure, patched with stratocumulus clouds, with birds freely displaying circus prowess, and a scintillating view of the horizon was offered pro bono. The sun was retrieving while the moon was warming up for its celestial duty. It was crepuscular.
Fahad performed ablution in public for the first time. While he did that, those around kept watching the strange act with keen interest.
He spread some leaves on the ground and began to perform Salat He saw people begin to gather and watch. They wondered what he was doing, inquisitively whispering to themselves.

After he ended the prayer, followed by supplication he went and sat on a sand dune and watched the vast river, while some of them swam, he wondered where this river led to. Could this be an escape route? How could he get a boat, or a canoe?
He never knew this river existed. It was big and must link to somewhere. He just had to think of a way of escaping. Goshiya seemed to be obsessed with him, and any slight goof could get him executed.
Then he felt someone close to him. It was Gusku, Gwimbu’s brother and one of the teachers in the school. He sat on the dune, his big biceps resting on his legs.

“ You is is come and taked my woman pikin(you came and snatched my woman).” He said without looking at Fahad but stared at the vast river.
“ Is is me am wanted to lacking her since pass todays ( I have been in love with her for long).”

Fahad now understood why he always glared at him.

“ Hey, I did not go for her. She came to me and I’m not in love with her. I will be glad if you marry her like right now.” Fahad said.

“ I is is knows that is why am not killing you. Am lacking her, in sleeping am dreaming her, dreaming her. Am a education family and is is qualification in marry her, the king woman pikin. But you is is come, she is is no lacking me .”

“ I feel your pain, bro. I swear I can do anything to let you have her.”

“ Tah, make I kill you? If you is is died, she is is come to me.”

Fahad gave him a sharp glance, and Gusku grinned.

“ Am not killing you, am joker. Kachakum! Who is is killing you wey Goshiya is lacking you, and King is is lacking her, he is is killing the person is is killing you and is is brother , sister , mother and father. Kachakum!”

Whoa! So I have become a kind of untouchable then. A VIP and prince. Fahad thought and giggled. Fahad, the prince of Dabuhu Kingdom.
Fahad wished he had his phone to capture all of these.

My phone!
It must have been somewhere in the jungle. His gun was there too. He wished he could find them but how would he charge the phone even when he found it?

“ I wish I could find a way to leave just to give you the chance, bro.” He said casually.

“ You is is no want am? “

“ Yeah. I want you to be happy. I will do it just for you. But the problem is I don’t know how to leave.”

He now seemed more interested.

“ Me is is never leave am this place. Only my father is is leave am this place. We is is not know anything unless here. “

Whoa! Imagine living here for like ever.

“ Do you guys use a boat?”

“ We is is no use am. The gods is is say we is is no go far from here. But is is three boats and is is owning by the king.”

So they did not know where the river led to.

“ How did your father leave?”

“ Kachakum! Me is is no born am that time( I had not been given birth to then). They saying is is fall am into water and is is carry am go. Is is see some people in big boat. Is is carry am and tooked him to a place. Is is spend plenty plenty today, five Dabuhu festivals pass and is is coming back.”

“ Gusku!”A very harsh voice interrupted. “ Zubanda hun hun kwi achaka!!”

It was a brutal looking warrior, talking as if his throat was going to burst.
Gusku grimaced and stood up. Fahad could see anger, jealousy on his hard face. That was good. He really liked her and may do whatever it took to get him out of this place.

“ King woman pikin Goshiya is is wanted you.” Gusku said bitterly.

Fahad nodded.

“ Don’t worry, you will get the final laugh if you work with me.”

Fahad said and followed the warrior.

He led Fahad to a part of the town where the buildings looked different. There was a very tall, thick mud fence round the large compound. The was a large gate made of wood and guided by heavily armed warriors. The buildings were bigger, and built in rectangular shapes.
Then a very big mud house, with an attempt to give it some architectural expertise stood majestically, standing out, and had over a hundred guards.
Fahad guessed it was the main palace and this was the king’s quarters. He was led to the palace and felt his heart beating rapidly. What was wrong?

The king was sitting on a big wooden chair, reeking of royalty, with four women behind him, touching him at different intervals, while four warriors flanked him.
The palace was large, illuminated with over fifty lamps, making it very bright. The floor was made of burnt clay bricks, then covered with a shiny oily substance which made it sparkle.
There were various local artworks on the wall, hides of wild animals, and shells. At the far end, he saw what seemed to be human skulls, arranged in rows, and numbered up to fourty.

That part scared him and the king was quick to notice.

“ Gwimbu!” He called, “ Vumbu yuida gabak twi.”

Gwimbu who seemed to be the kingdom translator got into action.

“ The king is is say me is is telling you say those is is the head of the kings is is fighted war with and kill am (those are the skulls of other kings he killed in battles).

Fahad quickly hid his dismay and gave the king a proud look. Yeah! I am proud of my father-in-law. What the heck!

“ Kachakum!” Fahad said with a bow. He was surprised to hear them laugh.

There were about twenty men, sitting on small stools facing each other in the palace. Their skirts were not as glamorous as the king’s but you could see the difference between theirs and the ordinary man’s skirt. Their caps were blue coloured. Fahad guessed they were local chiefs.
Then some young men were ushered in, and he saw Gusku among them. He counted them, they were nineteen.
They were made to kneel down and formed a straight line. Fahad was put in their middle while he wondered what was going on.
Then one of the chiefs stood up.

“ Buhuntu kaha!” He said with force.

“ Huhuhu Dabuhu!” The rest replied, except the king and Fahad. One of the warriors glared at him.

“ Buhuntu kaha!” He repeated.

This time, Fahad was among the first to shout “Huhuhu Dabuhu!” The look the warrior had given him chilled his nerves.
The chief spent the next five minutes giving a speech while the audience nodded. Even though Fahad could not understand a word of what he was saying, he also kept nodding. He did not want to look different in any way….for safety.

There was a point where he said something which Fahad believed was hilarious because they laughed. Fahad also laughed and even hit the next guy close to him.

I am part of you.

Then a group of bandsmen were ushered in. They arranged themselves with alacrity then gave a ten minute performance.
Then four women came in with big pots of liquid Fahad suspected were filled with palmwine. They began to serve it round and he felt his heart skipping beats. He never consumed alcohol but if it means taking it to remain alive, so be it.

But fortunately, those that were kneeling down were not served. What offence did they commit?
The wine changed the mood of the place. As they drank, they became more vivacious and more laughter emerged.
Then an announcement was made before a group of girls were ushered in. It was Princess Goshiya and her maids. She looked radiant, dressed in pink woolen skirt.

Fahad felt his heart banging. What was happening? He hoped it was not what he was thinking.
She stood before the king with her head bowed while the maids showered her with confetti made of flowers.

“ Shi Goshiya.” A chief called . Fahad guessed Shi meant princess. “ Num buya kui ju him.”

She still had her head bowed, then the bands men got to work, synchronizing their instruments with a slow music. Then one of them jumped up and started producing a sound that he called singing. He was trying to sing a romantic song.
A set of elderly women were also ushered. Elderly? Yes, by their bosoms you could tell.

Goshiya walked slowly to the first guy on the line, her maids following her, and she wore a smile, or smirk, on her face.
Then every man kneeling down pushed their heads forward, extending their necks like a goat stretching to eat leaves from a tree. What was that for? Seeing everybody do that, Fahad also extended his neck and pushed his head forward.
She now turned her back, her buttocks close to his face while he closed his eyes, and waited. What kind of culture was this?
She rolled her waist then passed him.

“ Aaaahhhhhhhh!” The maids and elderly women uttered in unison.

Now she was with the next guy, same action, same reaction. This went on until she got to Gusku. She took more time with him, rolled her waist longer until Fahad saw his eyes gleaming with excitement, his breath becoming harder and he almost smiled before she moved away from him.

“ Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” He got the loudest reaction and most exciting because even the king smiled while some elders laughed.

Fahad saw disappointment on Gusku’s hard face. She must have toiled with his emotion.

Then she got to Fahad.

Silence.
Heartbeats.

She turned her big fannies at him, wriggling, twisting and almost twerking. The musicians were busy singing, and some of the audience shook their heads to the rhythm.
She paused, rolled then pushed her waist forward before she rammed her buttocks onto his face.

Damn!

Fahad had not expected it and that backas as Gwimbu called it carried a lot of force. He lost balance and fell to the ground.

“ Lah lah lah lah lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” The palace became a cauldron of jubilation. Even the king raised a fist, rolled it then sat back with a smile on his face.

The women were excited and Ghoshiya covered her face in shame. She had chosen a husband!

Fahad saw disappointment on the faces of his co-contestants. Gusku was most annoyed. She had played with his emotions, acted as if she wanted to ram her fannies onto his face, giving him false hope.

Then some strong men came and lifted Fahad, lifted him up while music blared. He was been congratulated. A new prince of Dabuhu.
They said it was a rite to choose a husband for a girl, and this was special because she was a princess. A date was going to be fixed for the wedding.

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by MhizFavour: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
OMG! This chapter is damn funny. Weldone SokoDobo
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
lol ,what we don't want always come to us.
Hitting of ass is also a sign of choosing someone hahaha .
SokoDobo ride on.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by nastynic(m): 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
Picture your neighbor laughing out loud at 11:45 pm

That's my Situation Atm
This shiiiis Damn Funny lol
Thanks for the update Bruh

Me is Lacking it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by okeyben10: 12:58am On Oct 11, 2018
seems d Grants propelled that earthquake to flush out Alicia and her kidnappers

interesting read
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by khaifa(f): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
I know it ain't easy constantly updating your superb stories wink
But please give us one update here...
Thanks
Welldone
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
The vibration of the ground was scary, the rumbling sound and the distant hissing of the fire that came with it made Damon’s intestines crumble. They ran into the bedroom, where the sensitive twins were crying hysterically.
He grabbed one them, not knowing which, while Alicia grabbed the second one. There was no time to pick anything. He used the remote to open the garage door. He had to get to the car so they could leave as quick as possible.
But a cracking sound got him shocked. It was so loud he was scared for his children’s ears. Alicia screamed. The tempo of the vibration increased, the whole place began to shake.

“ Come on! Let’s go.” He said and made a move for the garage. Then he heard a blasting sound and pulled Alicia quickly as a piece of stone nearly hit her. The place was cracking! Oh no! She screamed, fear on her face and she held the child tightly while she cried. Her agitation, the children's wailings got him confused. How could people so wicked?
As he tried to get into the garage, he saw a big stone falling directly above him, he swayed and the stone just narrowly missed him. He could have being crushed. Now the road to the garage was blocked and the house was now scattering.
The sound was now very loud, a sign that the quake was so close. It may be their last day on Earth, but he was going to fight it to the last.

Brakk! Booom!

A crack and the ground split and a big hole was made. If he had not held her as quickly as I did, she could have fallen into the deep hole. That was when he saw the power of a woman’s love for her child.
She held on to the child. He held her with one hand, and held the child with the other hand. He pulled her up and she came out.
She could cry no more. It was more of shock, fear and disbelieve. They were stuck. Behind them was a big hole and ahead was a blocked road.
Yet the earthquake was increasingly coming closer, and the heat he was feeling told him that the volcanic eruption was on its way too.

They were in a dilemma, stuck in a death track, and his little babies could cry no more. They just watched helplessly, unaware of the real danger they faced, their innocent faces so cute.
Alicia was tired and she sat down and held her child tightly, tears on her chicks. He joined her, pretending not to be aware of the bogey sound, sputtering sparks, heat, and cracks that threatened them.

She looked at him, a smile amid tears and pains, she said “ at least we are together as a family. I always wanted to be with you to the last. I love you,Damond.”

He lost his manhood. He was crying, even though he tried all he could to stop it.

“ I love you too.”

She came closer and rested her body on his, even at that state, he felt comfortable, she never failed to make him feel so . He wound his arm round her and the four of them stayed like that while the Earthquake savaged the Earth and they waited hopelessly.

2 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
The wedding preparation was big. The natives were excited. A lot of renovation was going on. You could see them patching the walls of their houses with clay, making new skirts and beads. All for Fahad’s wedding.
He learnt there will be visitors from the villages which were mostly colonies of the kingdom. He had been tested and certified okay.

Tested!

They called it Burga.
He was snatched and taken to a room with over twenty girls then tied to a stick. Then they got him naked and began to check every part of his body.
Every part!
Literarily every part.

They took a lot of time checking his private part, making assessments and commenting in their language.
They even made sure they tickled him to check if he was responsive to stimulus. They said it was a kind of check to avoid bad blood and thwart to a high pedigree.
He saw hell in that kingdom!
Then the next phase was Hanta’u.
This time, two experts were called to take him through sex class. They taught him all they knew about sex, preparing him for his wife. A man and a lady.
While the man told him what to do, the lady told him how the action felt. Damn! And he realized that they knew nothing like kissing.
After two days of lectures, the man took Fahad to his house, as the custom demanded to show him what he had taught him.
They made Fahad watch him and his wife have sex.

What the hell!

It was said to be his job. He learnt that Goshiya was going through the same course.

Fahad called it Madness 312.

Three warriors were set to guard him and that became a problem to his escape plan. With the guile of hunting, he had tried many times to escape only to come back for the fear of wild animals.
This jungle was not close to any town, it was so isolated the Nigerian Government had not discovered it. He could not guess which direction to run towards. He had to resort to conniving with Gusku.

Luckily for them, the warriors understood no single word in English so they kept planning in their presence.
And the children started calling Fahad Rim Alakabar. Rim was said to mean prince while Alakabar was Allahu Akhbar which they heard while he prayed.
He learnt a few words in their language. Fum meant girl, Gudum was boy, and from his sex tutors, he learnt fik-fik meant sex.
On this fateful afternoon, while sitting with Goshiya on a sand dune, she touched his cheek and smiled coquettishly with a prudish stare at him as her hands went into a dalliance.

“ Tested am.” She said.

“ What?” He asked.

“ Tested am ( We should give it a test). Wetin is is teach us in fik-fik (What we were taught in sex).

“ But it is just five days to our wedding.”

“Is is know but am wanting is is tested am.” She said and he saw that impatience and infuriation begin to inchoate. She wanted it and she must have it, very typical of the princess. She never had space for excuses. All that mattered was her desire and need. Wasn’t she going to make a marvelous wife?

“Ok, but where are we going to do it?” He asked, hoping to calm her down.

“ Is is doing it in your house.”

“ No. Gusku has been watching me and Gwimbu may visit. I think when it is dark, we can come here and cross to that place,” He pointed a finger towards the river, “ there is an island….”

“Wetin is is island?”

“ A piece of land amid this river. We can have all the carte blanche we need. It’s going to be more than fik-fik, but I got some skills to add like bik-bik, sik-sik,”

She laughed and touched his chest. This girl was trying to rape him. He could not imagine himself with another girl apart from Halima. Oh, Would he ever see her again, have her in his arms; feel that warmth, her fragrance, her smile, touch and softness?
She was the only one who aroused his libido, sparked his adrenaline, act as an aphrodisiac and made him want a woman. His halal, love, wife and world.
His touch was just for her, his mouth was hers, and the thought of having another woman have what belonged to her made him sick. Yes, Goshiya or whatever she called herself made him sick.

Each time she touched him, it felt like been caressed by a snake, or pricked with a needle. And she loved doing that a lot. Why would she not want a test when they took her to watch a man and woman having sex?
What kind of tradition was this? These people had no religion, they did not know about Islam or Christianity.

“ But how is is go there?” She asked.

“ We can use a canoe.” He said using his hand for an imaginary paddling to make her understand what he meant by canoe.

“ Aha! My father is is has am.”

“ Serious? That’s cool.”

“ No. Is is no cool. Is is wood .”

Damn! She thought he meant the canoe was cold.

“ Oh, damn me. I thought it was the cool type. ” He said.

“ But is is cannot go in the night. My father is is no give am.”

“ But in the day time, there will be guards, maids and we are going for fik-fik, remember.”

She thought about it.

“ Yes. What is is going to do?”

“ Can’t we borrow it without his consent?”

“ E?”

“ Can’t we carry it in a way that your father will not know.” He said in a simpler way.

“ Hmmmmm….. Is is keep am in back palace. But me is is no fit carry am.”

“ I will get someone to help.”

“ Who?”

“ Somebody who wants you to be happy.”

After their departure, he contacted Guskus and laid it on his lap. Guskus knew what he was doing was tantamount to getting executed but he seemed obsessed with her. He said if Fahad ran away, the king would have to get another suitor in order to avoid embarrassment and he was the next in line. He was not doing this because he liked Fahad, he was doing it for the big buttocks that he hoped was rammed into his face.

Fahad had quickly gone into the bush and was lucky to hunt an antelope down. That was one of his newly acquired skill: hunting.
He preferred hunting and slaughtering himself and he cooked his meals. They were great farmers and he understood why they survived for centuries without communicating with the outside world.
They were blessed with natural resources. They had iron, aluminium, and very fertile soil and rich vegetation.
They had animals, both domestic and wild, they farmed maize, potatoes, cowpea, guinea-corn, and many more. They had a kind of sweet and fragrant leave which was used as seasoning.

They just had it all and cared not about the outside world. Sometimes, he envied their simple life. No insurgency, no air pollution, no seasoned food, no intake of chemicals, no political crisis, King was supreme, just a simple life though not perfectly serene.
He had arranged his travelling paraphernalia : roasted meat, roasted corn, dried dates, honey, mangoes, coconut, roasted yam, palm oil and dried fish, and two skirts.
He went and hid them in the bush close to the river bank then headed to the king’s quarters.

“ Rim Alakabar.” One of the warriors said as he saw him.

He nodded vain gloriously, acting like the prince that he was. He walked with a swagger, his hands behind him while he raised his head up high.

“ Hum Dabuhu.” He said.

“ Hum hum.” They replied .

Who said he was not a bona fide citizen, a royal one for the record?

He walked with one of his guards behind him. He had come to understand that they loved palm wine so when he wanted to be alone, he got them a lot of wine and kept them busy.
He hoped Guskus and his cronies would play that part perfectly. This was prone to death sentence. It was a big risk, but just the thought of Halima alone made it worth it.

He walked to Goshiya’s quarters, then one of the maids ran inside and announced his arrival. He had been elated and promoted to wearing a woolen skirt.

“Lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhh!” The maids shouted as Goshiya came out, with that air of royalty, power and glamour. She came and touched his cheeks, then his lips while the maids bowed their heads.
She held his hand and they began to take a slow walk. As the maids and guards began to follow them, she ordered them to go back.

Very good.
To her, it was a fik-fik night, to him, it was a chance for escape. A very dicey one indeed.
They walked to the back of a big building at the back of the palace. There were a few guards there. When she started romancing him, they moved away.
It was now getting dark and some servants had begun to light gigantic lamps that illuminated the quarters.
Guskus and a friend of his then appeared. They had been let in because they posed as Fahad’s friends. With the guards out of sight, and knowing the crowned princess was there with her fiancé, they got the chance to break the door and bring out the canoe. It was long, and strongly built.
It had two paddles of different lengths. They used a strong rope to tie it, moved it to the fence then threw the rope over the high fence. The accomplices behind the fence started drawing the rope while Guskus and his friend pushed the canoe up.
It was not an easy task, but they succeeded in crossing it over the fence. They would then take it to the river bank.

Guskus came and bowed before her, a look of contempt and jealousy on his face as he saw her touching him. But Fahad guessed he assured himself that the days of his pain would soon be over.
Fahad was his pain and he was making sure he left. Then he would start wearing woolen skirt and be addressed as Rim.

About twenty minutes later, Fahad and the princess walked out of the quarters while the guards trailed behind. They got to the river side, and then settled behind a sand dune.
The plan was to use the canoe to get to the fictitious island. But how would he leave without her? And if he left with her, how would he escape?
The guards were sitting under some trees. Fahad had told her to make sure they had enough palm wine, so she ordered for pots of palm wine and made them merry.
While they enjoyed palm wine, he told her to excuse him for a few minutes to set the canoe. She did not excuse him because she accompanied him. He then remembered that she was no fool. He moved the canoe to the river bank and tied it to a peg.
He could not put his bag of provisions in the canoe in other not to make her suspicious. Then he told her that they should go back to the sand dune.

“ Why? Is Is go now.”She said.

He held her, grabbed her and held her for the first time. This seemed to astonish and exhilarate her. She held him back then he pulled her back to the sand dune .
He had no choice. This was his only chance, the king’s canoe had been stolen already, if he missed this chance, then he may be stuck here for life if he escaped execution. So, he had no choice than to draw her into his hands, with a lot of regrets and contempt.
He pulled off her skirt, it only took just one step to get them naked. She wore no pants, knew no pants, just skirt and skin.

Tested am!

She was lying on the sand, her tall body waiting anxiously for him. He pulled off his skirt then lay on her before he sprang up abruptly.

“ Wetin is is happen?” She asked.

“ The canoe, I did not tie it, I need to check on it.”

“ Leave am. Even if is is lost, I tell am my father is is me, he is is no talk am.”

“ Just a moment.”

He ran out of there, springing like a puma, dipping his legs into the sand and shoving off sand He was desperate and ready to hit anything that came his way.
He ran to the bush. Damn! Where exactly did he keep the sack? Okay, over there. He went and carried it. It was heavy, but the thought of Halima gave him synergy. He carried it and put it in the canoe.

He was shaky, jittery, desperate, enthusiastic and hyper. He was about untying the rope when he felt a cold hand on him.
It was Goshiya. She looked angry, her eyes piercing angrily into him, her bare chest heaving, the breast galloping up and down.

“ What is is doing?” she asked. “ You is is ranning away?”

“ It’s not what you think my love.”

“ Me is is no your love. You is never touching me, never wanting the fik-fik, you is taking me a fool! I will tell am my father.”She began to cry.

This was not good. This was a straight ticket to gas chamber, oops! He meant cauldron of boiled water.
He was desperate, at a point of no return, no abdicating, no retreat so he went on trying to untie the rope.
Goshiya attacked him, held his hand and pushed him away from the peg. What a strength she had!

“ You is is going to die am.” She said, an expression of hatred on her pretty face. The boundary between hate and love had been broken. She now wanted him dead.
He went for the rope again, she tried to stop him but he shoved her, she put in more effort and refused to fall. This girl was strong so he went ballistic. His gentlemanliness was swept off. This was a matter of life and death so he formed a fist and rammed it into her belly.
She screamed, he then punched her breast. She fell down and he untied the rope but to his dismay, he saw the guards running towards them. He pushed the canoe into the river but doubted if he could escape these brutes.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
Pls let Fahad escape
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by olukuewu(m): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
at least fahad should have marry her nah
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:24am On Oct 14, 2018
TWENTY-ONE

They were silent. Even the children had stopped crying. They held on to each other, saying no word but his mind was tumultuous. It was hard to see your family dying and you could do nothing about it.
He tried to hold them tighter as the vibration kept increasing while the heat became more fierce.
He let her go, gave the child he was holding to her then stood up. He climbed a fallen rock then saw a small passage into the garage.
He dropped again and pulled her up, pulled off his shirt, tore it then put one of the babies on his back and tied him the rope he made from the shirt. Then held the second child with his right hand .

“ Come on, climb here.”

She climbed the rock, then he used his free hand to push her, complemented with her effort, she passed through the passage and got into the garage. He then passed the baby to her through the passage, untied the one behind him then passed him to her.
They were in the passage but a swift shake cracked a stone and the passage was reduced to just a tiny hole.

“ Damon!” she screamed. There was no way for him to pass through. He was trapped behind. He tried to pull the rock but failed. The vibration was increasing and it would take only a few moments before the whole place was annihilated.

“ Get into the car and go!”

“No! Come out Damon!” She was crying again.

“ I can’t. I am trapped and we can’t all die. Think about the kids, they need you. Please get into the car and go. We got no time.”

He peeped through the small hole and she saw him. He would never forget that look she gave him. It was a look of undying love, pity, regret, agitation and desperation.

“Please go.” He emphasized. “ I will be alright.”

She went and opened the car, lay the babies then got under the wheel. She turned, gave him another look then alighted with a speed that was terrifying. She ran to a rock, raised it and threw it on another rock. Then a cracking sound emerged and the rock was shattered. It had been weakened from previous hits.
This in turn pulled the rock that blocked his way out and a passage was made. He rushed out, she got under the wheel while he went to the passenger’s side, carried the babies and fixed the seatbelt. She started the car engine and drove out with an incredible speed.
They made it out of the house but saw the pile of volcanic eruption and fire coming towards them, turning rocks into mere dust. What kind of disaster was this?

She turned the car, ignoring the vibrations and sped off as the ground cracked. They had barely left when a fierce molten material covered the house and turned it into dust and ash. What!
That was close. The fierce fire kept coming after them, like it was on a mission to burn them. Alicia was a dab hand when it came to driving fast. He sighed as he saw the distance between them. The distance increased, the impact of the vibration and heats reduced. They were saved.

Halima sat on the swing, in the beautiful garden, alone while she watched the peacock display its beauty. It was two months since Fahad got missing, two months of pain.
Islam permitted her to wait for four years before she could remarry if she wished, but she was ready to wait for eternity, except if he was confirmed dead.

Dead?

Ya Allah, keep him alive, keep him safe.
But Where could he be for this long? She did not want to admit that she feared something terrible must have happened to him. If he was alive would never stay away from her, his family and friends.
It was two months and three days to be precised. She remembered having this intuitive negative feelings that day. She just felt something was wrong, and she could not take her eyes off him until he disappeared.
He did it for her, to save her grandfather, to make her happy, it was all for her and that was a supreme sacrifice.
She kept dreaming about him. She never spent two days without dreaming about him, and sometimes ,she would see them together in the dream while sometimes she saw him in pain.

Fahad, my love, where are you? I am left in cold and only you can warm me up. I am drowning and only you can save me and take me up. I am hungry and no one but you can get me satisfied. Where are you now that I need you most? How do you expect me to carry on without you?
Why did you go with that smile that pump joy into me, the touch that make me shiver, the kiss that sweep me off my feet, the voice that fills me with sweet sensation, the hands that keep me warm, and the soul that keeps mine bright?

She started crying again, holding the chains of the the swing and the peacock, as if realising she was no more watching it, stopped its display.
She felt a hand on her shoulder and she got startled. She had been paranoid since her various encounters with Sabir, his kinky cousin. But as she raised her head with a startle, she felt she was hallucinating. It had happened before. The day she woke up to see Fahad standing in his bathrobe.
She had sprung up only to realize that it was just an imagination. Now, it was happening again. She could see him, dressed in white caftan with black and white coloured qube Cap.
He looked charming, his white eyes glittering, his natural red lips so firm and he was just staring at her, as if in a state of shock, confusion and bliss.
She said nothing, hoping to enjoy the view before it vanished. It looked so real, she felt like hugging him, but did not want to hug air.

" I thought I would never see you again." The image uttered at last.

The voice sounded so real, and she heard it loud and clear.

" You are not real." She said. "You are just an image tormenting me, making me miss him the more, making me feel worse...."

But she was cut short as he placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

What?

She felt the impact.
This could not be an imagination. It was Fahad! Fahad!
She sprang up, gawking, then she saw tears in his eyes. No ! Wallahi it was her Fahad, standing right before her, live and whole, healthy and handsome.

" Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un! Fahad dina (My Fahad)!"

She jumped into his hands and the force may have been more than he expected, so they both fell to the ground but she was too excited to take note of the fall or think about his white caftan, or fallen cap.
They rolled on the ground, while she cried, squeezing him with a bone-crushing hug. They kept rolling on the ground until she was on top of him. His white caftan had turned into a mess just like her claret coloured abaya.

She still feared and hoped it was not a dream, hoping Hajiya would not wake her up and tell me it was fajr. They stared at each other, short of words, then she hit his chest lightly, " Is this a reality or dream?"

" I'm sorry Gimbiya (Princess)." He said. " I missed you. I died without you." He was wiping tears off her eyes.

" Alhamdulillah! All praise be to Allah." She said and barely finished when he dragged her head close and arrested her lips, mouth and ran his hands all over her back.
She melted like a candle in fire, turned liquid but still hot. She reciprocated, hungrily kissing him back, their tongues in a jamboree, their hands in a befuddled state, not knowing where to touch first, or how to, so reflex actions took control.
She saw sputtering sparks in his eyes as he opened and closed them. Those eyes she feared she would never see again.

Then they paused, all breathing hard, after ten minutes of the most passionate and vigorous kiss they ever had. She laid her head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, assuring herself that it was real. Fahad was here.

" What happened?" She whispered, her head still on his chest, her hands tugging his caftan.
Still lying on the ground, his hand on her back, caressing her lightly, he began to tell her how he was chased by a strange plane, how he crashed. Sometimes, she could not hold back tears, she cried silently as he kept talking. She could not imagine how Fahad went through these.
Sometimes she giggled. Like the part of dressing in skirt with plaited hair. She could imagine him in those outfits. She nearly fainted when he said he was about to be thrown into boiled water. She nearly ran mad with jealousy as he said he nearly got married to the princess.
He did not give much details about him and her and she was glad because she did not want to know. From inference, she knew their relationship was not consummated. Argggg!!That could have sucked.

But she would not have minded if he did it just to survive. His life was more dear to her than her feelings. Then he told her how she had wanted to rape, or coax him into sex, and he planned an escape.
He felt ashamed to have hit her so hard but he had no option. She had shouted and her guards were alerted. He saw them running towards him and he quickly set the canoe in motion, paddling like an Olympian.
They had chased him, swimming after him, and nearly caught him but he kept paddling as fast as he could and got away.
They had run back, probably to get a canoe, but the river was trackless. He kept paddling with no specific direction, just hoping to get away from them.
He was so scared, so desperate he paddled for over eight hours without stopping. It was at dawn, when he felt he was away from them he paused and lay inside the canoe and dozed off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2018
He woke up after a long sleep and had his breakfast. He said if he had not thought of provisions, he could have starved to death because he spent five days on the river without seeing any town.
It was the sixth day he saw a village but it was so remote he got scared of stopping by. He moved on until twelve days later, now he was running out of food. Then he saw a town which happened to be in Borno state.
His dressing was found to be strange, coupled with his hair style. People had gathered round him, thinking he was some kind of ancient man but when he spoke in his American accent, they marvelled and thought he was an actor in an epic movie.

He was taken to the king of the town. He begged the king to contact the Governor who was his father's former employee.
The governor came there himself to pick him and was flown back to Abuja after insisting he stayed for a day for medical check-up. A big discovery had been made of undiscovered people. So the Federal Government was planning on going to see them.

Hajiya and his father knew of this since yesterday but kept it as a surprise package. No wonder Hajiya was hyper even when she was crying.
She remembered some years back, when Baffa told her how a corps member discovered Koma people, in then Gongola State which is now in Adamawa state. They dressed in leaves, covering just their private part and butt. This was in 1986.
The Dabuhus Fahad told her about reminded her of them. Fahad has made history: The guy who discovered the Dabuhus!

" Oh my baby," She raised her face, touched his lips with hers, " I'm sorry for all you went through. But I'm glad Allah brought you back to me...safe, sound and a virgin."

They laughed. Oh, when last did she laugh ? She had forgotten how to laugh, how it felt but now, she was her perky self. Happier than she had ever been.

"I can't imagine what you went through in my absence." He said as he ran his hands over her slowly.

" We don't have to go into that details. It's over and I have forgotten it. The only thing I will say is....I died two months three days ago and resurrected a few minutes ago. End of story."

" Kachakum! You is is died and comed back?" He said and they laughed.

" Gerrat, you primitive man!"

But he did not allow her laugh before he covered her mouth with his.

" We are going home today." He said, as they walked arm-in arm.

" Haba Mallam! You want mum to think I'm ungrateful, ko?"

" They will understand. It's been over two months."

" Two months of what?"

" You got bills to pay." He said and winked.

"I do not know what you are talking about." She said and playfully removed her arm from his, walking hurriedly ahead of him.

"Where do you think you are going?" He said and tried to hold her, She screamed lightly and then broke into a run, he chased her and caught her. They were laughing.

Awwwwnn, I missed this guy. What! I just felt air in my stuffy lungs after two months.

He raised her on his shoulder, saying they were going home from there. She was hitting his back lightly.

" I will report you Mum. You want to go and spoil me."

" Sure bae. You need a lot of spoiling after all these while."

He dropped her gently, then she wound her arms round his neck, gave him a short but powerful kiss. She held him tight. She could not just get enough of him, could not believe this was real. Once more with Fahad. My Fahad.

" Fahad!" A voice emerged so loud she was startled.

She turned to see Sabir coming with great speed, his face alarmed and hugged Fahad, almost shoving her. What the hell was wrong with this dude?
Hypocrisy of the first other. He had what he wanted them to believe was tears of joy in his sinful eyes.

" Sabby-doo!" Fahad hailed him, unaware that he would have taken what was not his if given the chance. They shook hands again.

" I missed you dude." He said. " I was kinda shocked, man. I kept coming here to be sure all was well. I wanted to go with the search team but you know the ol' man with his principles."

“ I know right.” Fahad grinned. " You were in London when I got married, guess you have met my wife. Leema, this is my crazy cousin."

" We have met, dude." Sabir turned and winked at her. What a bastard! " I have been talking to her. She was really worried. I'm going to get me a wife too, bro. Someone who will cry when I'm kidnapped."

Dry joke!

" I was shocked when I was told you were getting married." Sabir said." So, I asked, is it Aisha? They said no, Maryam, Teemah, Fareeda, Precilla, Sandra, Kemi, Chika, and they kept saying no,no,no, and I'm like, this dude left all those girls...hehehehehe!"

Fahad forced a laugh but it was obvious he did not like the joke.

" So, dude, I'm so glad you are back." Said Sabir . He turned at her, " I told you he will be back , didn't I? I told you I got my forehead in sujud like two-four-seven for my cousin, huh? Hehehehehe."

She said nothing. She did not want to tell Fahad about his promiscuous attitudes but this guy could act weird and get her into trouble. She was going to tell Fahad about him.

" Thank you for coming dude. " Fahad said.

" Don't even think about leaving. We got a lot to discuss..."

" I will come to your crib. I need to be with my wife. Go get married and know what it feels like." Fahad said and laughed, then held her hand and dragged her into his arm.

Sabir's face went red for a split second.

Aha! How can you feel jealous over someone's wife? Halima pondered.

" Ok, bro. I will get married but you know I always love for life so I choose carefully." He said

" I know you, bro. I'm not as cool as you."

" Hehehehe. You don't have to say it." He shrugged." I will see you guys."

He then left.

" Did he say anything absurd to you while I was away?"

She hesitated. she did not want to be a causative factor to a family rift but one had to be careful.

she nodded.

" You don't have to hide it. I know him better than you do. Sabir is a big numbskull and I know that but this time, if he tries it with my wife....I don't get high but I will give him a dose of craziness."

" Let him not spoil our mood." She said.

" Who said he is worth it? "

As they walked out of the garden, they met Hajiya and his father coming out of the main building.

" Subahanallah!" Hajiya exclaimed. " What happened to your clothes?"

Alhaji Yar’adua smiled, held her hand and said,

" What's your business? They went to work in the garden."

He held her and they walked away.

" We were planning to go home, mum." Fahad said while Halima tried to cover his mouth.

" You are right boy," Alhaji said, " you got cobwebs to clean."

The couple looked at each other and chuckled.

" Real cobwebs to clean." Fahad whispered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
sokodobo nice update.
Goshiya will miss Fahad .
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Life was a ball kaleidoscopic phenomenon, prone to evolving the most drastic change within the shortest time. Life was uncertain; a point where periwinkle sprout from could be the sprouting point of peony in the next phase.
These aphorisms resonated with Damon, as he sat at the back seat of a cab, thinking of the hole they lived in, with his wife and children and the difficulties in meeting their needs.

Just like yesterday, she had been this rich, spoilt girl, who drove Ferraris and Lamborghinis, wore the most expensive clothes, and ate the best food. Now, he had to struggle hard, to provide food, clothes and general welfare.
But she never showed a scintilla of perturbation. All she wanted was to be with him and the children, to have peace and live in it, to have the chance to take care of him and the children.

After they survived the earthquake, and escaped, they were forced to sleep at the back of the truck that day. They had no food, clothes, blanket. All they had was zilch. He had to sneak into the city to sell his wristwatch to get food and blanket.
Then the next day, he sold the truck. It had no papers so the men of the underworld bought it and at a very cheap price because they thought it was a stolen car.

With the money, they got to rent a two-room cabin, bought food, a few clothes and some savings for contingency.
But Alicia still looked ravishing, breathtaking in cheap clothes and less make up. She kept reminding him that being alive, after all they had gone through was a gift and there was no need brooding over material things.

The cab stopped and he alighted, made sure no one was following him before he walked into a small snack bar, which happened to be the venue of his rendezvous with Jack. He saw Jack taking a big bite of burgers as he sat at a table at a corner .
Damon joined him.

" They got good burgers, buddy." Jack said as he munched. " I bet you won't regret it. On me"

Damon could not refuse the offer.
An order was made and he started eating too.

" From what Pliers told us,” Jack began, “the machine must be close to a RTQ mast. This mast uploads the activating radiator and transported via radio waves to the detonator. I had to contact a friend of mine. He works in the Satellite tracking system department of FBI.
We can't do this alone. I got him to check where the RTQs are located. We got about six hundred of them in the world and no single one in Africa. That means it is not in Nigeria. Only fifty are owned by private firms and one of the firms is Perleys Electricals............ a company owned by Mrs Grace Grants, Mr Grant's mother."

That was news!

" So I got the place on watch." He went on . " The old woman was in there, a few minutes before the Colorado earthquake. She was also caught on camera a few minutes before the Miami disaster. Each time she goes into the planetarium, there is a quake. Dude, I believe everything you have been saying but sometimes the law is a bitch."

Damon finished the burgers and sipped beer.

" I got only a few officers willing to take the risk of working with me. So, we got to find a way to get into this planetarium and the way it is, you are the only who knows how we can get the chip out safely." He twitched his lips. " It is your perquisite to do that. We will be with you. The world is yours to save."

" So, how do we get there?"

" I got Mike, my satellite crony at our back. He will give us live info. I got two FBI agents willing to be on the field with us. We all know what is at stake. This could put us away for a long time but someone has to do something. Are you in?"

"Sure." Damon said. It was not pertinent to be pusillanimous this time. These people had to be stopped. The world was been subjected to slavery and perplexity while the oblivious caboodle lived in a cloud cuckoo land .
He needed a free life for his family, the rest of the world and save the world from losing lives and two point five trillion dollars in every two years.

Jack raised his phone and said, "He's in. Set to move. Alert the men within the perimeter."
He then spent the next ten minutes briefing Damon on how they were going about it.
There was a black coloured Ford waiting outside with two agents inside. The middle aged man behind the wheel was introduced to be Agent Matt while the lanky one was Agent victor but preferred to be called Vic.
Damon was pleased to meet them. Jack handed a fully loaded pistol to Damon.

" Can you handle her?" He asked. Damon nodded.

" Good. It's a go."

The car was set in motion.
They arrived a street before the factory at exactly two minutes to 8:00PM. Matt pulled up the car and Jack gave Damon a tiny earpiece, which he fixed, and hand gloves to avoid fingerprints.

" This is Detective Jack, over."

" Greens." A man said from the other end. " Receiving loud and clear. The perimeter is guarded and a few ambulatory motions are can be detected, probably workers."

"Copy that." Jack said.

" There are two guards by the entrance." Said the man whom Damon learnt was called Johnny. " They move up and down. They are armed."

" Copy that. It's a go."

Johnny was the Satellite tracking system agent. Jack said into his mouthpiece, " Okay, Rene, are you red?"

A female voice replied, " red."

" Good. Two obstacles at the gate, armed. I got your back. It's a green."

" Green. Copy that."She said

From where they hid, Damon sighted the silhouetted figure of a tall, slim girl dressed in skimpy shiny dress. She was walking coquettishly, swaying her tiny waist and small neatly packed fannies towards the gate.
Damon and Jack were by the wall, sneaking towards the gate. They paused , the murky part gave them a cover. The two guards saw her and they got alert.
But her firm breasts and swaying hips was intimidating, overwhelming and charming. Men!

" Hello handsome, I hear you fix things here." She said, chewing bubble gum and forming bubbles, " I got my gadgets all messed up and my washing machine won't function, I got some wires mixed up and my vibrator, I mean the Love Machine machine nearly got me out. The current kind of sucks. And I hate the manual...."

The mention of vibrator and Love Machine got ideas into their heads. There was a change of expression on their faces.

" We don't fix such here but we fix other things." One of the guards said with a roguish grin, his tongue sticking out, while his hand went into his pocket to adjust the bulge that swelled.

" Hey, no flirting," she licked her lips, " I need to talk to the instructors or technicians. And what's that bulge I see?"

" Why not figure it out yourself? Daddy got some lollypop for baby."

" You are dirty, " she said , " and I love dirt."

They used the chance to vault over the fence and then ran and leaned against the wall of a building.

" Done." Jack said and she heard.

" Ohhh, I can't handle you both ." She said and withdrew, " I'm not some kind of IndecentStar."

" It's about me, babe." The one with the bulge said.

" Hey, dude, you got a girlfriend." The second one said.

" This is not about girlfriend."

She turned and began to walk away. “ I am out of here. Maybe next time.”

The two men gaped at her as she disappeared.

" Go left and be quick." Johnny said, " you have about thirty seconds to do that."

" Copy that." Jack said.

They ran through an ambulatory part bedecked with flowers, saw two men coming, hid behind a can and then moved on until they got to the planetarium. By it's side was a two hundred foot high RTQ mast.
This may be the structure being used to cause mayhem in the world. They hid and watched. The planetarium was guided by one gunman. He was sitting and smoking a cigarette, while he whistled tunelessly.

" Getting in through the door might be impossible." Johnny said. "You either get him out or find a way of breaking through."

"Getting him out may raise alarm." Jack said. " But let's see."

Jack studied the place, thought of something then he nodded.

" Come on," he whispered and they ran to the back of the planetarium. He brought out a small equipment which was a mini drone. Using a remote control, he sent it up, watching via a monitor on the remote control.
He began to unscrew some wall nuts, drilling and dismantling until he was satisfied. A hole was made.

" I don't know if you can do this," he whispered, "but we must climb up to go in through that hole."

Damon looked up then grinned. He jumped and grabbed a pole, pulled himself up nimbly and got on a short sill. He looked up, sprang up, grabbed another pole and pulled himself up and slipped in through the hole.

Jack was astonished by the nimble and professional act. He joined Damon but not as smoothly as Damon did it. Jack gave an astonishing look.

"Stunting was my job." Damon said .

" Whoa! That was something, buddy."

Like cats, they landed silently and found themselves in a large sophisticated hall with various electrical machines. This was not the target.
They went out and began rummaging through until they arrived a big hall with just one machine, looking like a power control panel.
The hall was all white, and walls made of shiny ceramics and probably soundproof. The machine was placed at the middle, while two armchairs were carefully placed close to the wall.
There were piles of boxes at one side, containing only-God-knows-what.

" This is our place." Damon whispered. " That's the beast."

" Then we have to be fast." Jack whispered.

Damon nodded and set to action. He tried to picture what Pliers had told him. The chip, he said, was placed in the brainbox which was at the mainframe slot. Whatever that meant.
He began to search, then saw a red button below a slot. There were buttons which meant a code was needed. Damn! A code? He looked through again then another slot. He instinctively pushed a finger into tiny hole and pushed.

Pak!
The slot was opened and a small diskette was ejected, He removed it and put it back, it then began to blink. He turned it off.
Then he put it on again, waited as it kept blinking then a blue light showed and a sound told him that the mainframe had been opened.

Bingo!

He quickly checked, and saw complicated electrical parts, but a look told him the green panelled coloured chip was what he wanted. He tried to pull it but failed. He looked carefully then saw that it had clips and pins. He meticulously removed it and sighed.

" Better leave, someone is on his way." Johnny said in a ferment." And he is damn close."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by khaifa(f): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
I'm really suprised shocked
How long did it take to write this masterpiece?
I have read a lot of stories here but your stories happen to be the best!!!
All your stories are second to none..
I pray you are uplifted beyond your imagination.

2 Likes

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by olukuewu(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Its getting hotter everyday thanks for the update.pls check your mail.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Asco9ty5(f): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Been glued to my phone all day, Many thanks to the Writer. Awesome story with Lovely ending.....
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2018
Asco9ty5:
Been glued to my phone all day, Many thanks to the Writer.
Awesome story with Lovely ending.....
Lovely ending as how? Film just start mana.

1 Like

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Asco9ty5(f): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author= grin grin grin grin
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by khaifa(f): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Boss please come and give us updates cheesy wink

Your stories are worthy to hit front page but I don't know why the mods can't see that! mtcheeeew

Divepen1
Please check out stories by SokoDobo...
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by excelmerry: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Honestly, if u read this book to the end, u'll marvel at the writer. It's my favourite amongst all his books I've read. The story's just too much and that ending? Wow.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 6:44am On Oct 17, 2018
excelmerry:
Honestly, if u read this book to the end, u'll marvel at the writer. It's my favourite amongst all his books I've read. The story's just too much and that ending? Wow.

Thank you cheesy
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by CaZmir: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
More energy Sokodobo.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by IAmkingoludav(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
Wow SokoDobo you're just the best
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by SokoDobo: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2018
TWENTY-TWO

" Come on."

They could not leave it opened. Damon became jittery and with an incredible speed began to close the slots and try to make it look normal.

" Hurry!" Johnny said, "Just leave."

Damon could hear the footsteps too. He heard the sound of a door open as he finished but there was doubt that they could not leave. As the door opened, they had just a split second to hide behind the piles of boxes.
Damon was shocked to see an old woman, looking like a nonagenarian, walking slowly with a walking stick. Her hair was grey, her eyes behind thick lensed glasses, wearing a shapeless baggy skirt and silk shirt.

She left the door opened, removed a stick of cigarette and lit it, sat on the armchair and pressed a button on the chair. A dispenser opened, dispensed beer into a glass and the beer was brought to her via a machine. The hall was automated.
She inhaled and exhaled smoke heavily, sipped beer and felt at ease. Just a few minutes later, they heard another step and a lady came in. She could not have been more that forty. She was chubby, with long black hair and wore a red dress.

The old woman grinned but said no word. The lady came and knelt before her and without delay began to raise the old woman’s skirt up. It took no time to remove her pants and exposed her....no, his manhood.

Professor Alex Sean, Richard's father!

Damon closed his eyes as she started. He could hear the disgusting sound. Ten minutes nonstop! Heck!
He now got up after he was done with that part of the fornication. Damon realized that Alex was younger and stronger than he claimed. Damon had been on movie sets in the past as a stuntman and he knew a little about make- up.

Alex lifted her dress up and ....damn! Damon closed his eyes again but the sound of movements he heard made it obvious that the was still strong, and wondered if a younger guy could do better.

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Thirty-five minutes.

Jeez!

She had to beg for mercy. This old man was one hell of a horse. It took him another twenty minutes to let her go.

" Hehehe." He laughed as he wore his skirt. " You know age, baby. I used to be strong back in those days."

She covered her butt and redressed, breathing hard.

" You must have killed a lot of women." She remonstrated, " no man drill me like you do."

He frowned.

" You mean there are others?"

" I said no man has ever drilled me like you do. That was in the past." She twisted. She chuckled. " Thank God I did not know you then."

He threw an envelope at her.

" That's ten grand baby." He said. " I told you I will take care of you."

She collected it and put it in her bag.

" That is why I love you." She said, brought out a mirror and checked her face. " When next do you need me?"

" I need you to spend three days with me. Not more."

" Mhhh, the last time I spent three days with you, I got a two week rest and healing."

" But you don't mention getting fifty thousand bucks." He lit another cigarette and sat down.

" Who said you are not a sweet boy."

" Hehehehehehe, here .." he brought another bundle of cash and gave. " another ten for calling me a boy. "

His phone chimed.

" You need to go." He said. " Be there tonight."

She kissed him and walked out, swaying her hips while he stared after her. Kinky old man.

She was just at the door when another lady came in: Mrs Grant ( Richard).
Damon felt a percutaneous fear radiating. He cringed.

Richard glared at her as she passed him by.

" Don't even start, son. I'm not a kid."

Richard's face was granite hard.

" What is wrong with you, dad?"

Crazy! Here were two women, calling each other son, and dad.

" You are still hanging with her?" Richard asked bitterly.

" If she dies like Anita, Christy, and Gwen, be sure there will be reprisal. What do you take pleasure in killing my girls?"

"It is dangerous. They know you got a di** . Can't you see that is dangerous?"

" I take good care of them and they don't want to lose me. Who's gonna dish out money to them like I do? What the hell is my money for if I can't have fun? I'm seventy five and my days are numbered. I need as much fun as I can."

" I don't like this! "

" What do you suggest then? " Alex said with a smirk. " Celibacy is out of the way, you know that. It's easy for you because you have your wife who takes care of you. But having a wife with such beards must be disgusting...hehehehehe, with bare chest, and deep voice."

" I'm not here for that."

" Hehehehe, you don't want me talking about it, huh. I kind of feel you are jealous that I have real women. Now, what is it my son?"

" We got one hundred and fifty billion out of the three quakes."

" I'm not too senile to forget that."

" And you got me ten billion dollars."

" So, generous of me."

" It's not fair, dad."

" We got two more quakes and I will give you fifteen more. What's not fair? I own this empire and you are my boy. I get fifty for each, keep forty-four, give you five and one goes into logistics. Isn't that an epitome of benevolence and gregariousness?"

" You own the empire but I make it work. You are just an old man tied up in a skirt and having sex with younger girls...."

" The old man with the brains. I am the professor and you are not you. I put the dreams to live. I give the blueprint for your fucki** company. So, shut up!"

" Do you think this brain of yours is still important? This machine here will spin one trillion dollars every fucki** year. What else do I need? I got the blueprint of every other thing and the chip is not your brainchild. With this, I can say to hell with all other investments. Two trillion dollars in seven hundred and thirty days. Hmmm.....That means I can spend five hundred billion dollars in six months. That is an average income of eighty billion dollars a month. That means I can spend two billion dollars a day, what the hell do I need your brain for? I will make all other investments a charity source and make more name."

" Hehehehe. I knew this day will come, Ted, I am your father and I know you. You have waited for this, a day when you will kill me. Now with this sweet calculations you made, all for yourself, it is obvious that you need me dead. But if I die, you go down because I got you hooked. Hehehehe. Everything about your life is documented and put in place. If the cause of my death is found to be suspicious, though I know you have brilliant ways of making it look natural, or an accident, you will go down. Just pray for my life because your life is tied to mine. Pray I die on my bed, where I make a last speech and bless you but any sudden death....hehehehe you are gone. Are you not happy I am making you the president of United States of America? I built the foundation, I made you." He touched his cheeks, " I love you, son."

Damon could see the pain and hatred in Richard's eyes. There was no doubt he had wanted to kill his father.

" Anything about my grand daughter?" Alex asked, lighting another cigarette.

" No, but we will find them. This time, I will kill them."

" Them?"

" Alicia is worthless. I loved her but she is now a threat. She has chosen him over us. He organized a gang to attack me. I guess the boy is a hidden criminal. If I had known he was that bad, I would have blessed their marriage. All I need is someone to make her reason with us and keep the pedigree."

" He is not a bad boy." Said the old man. " His father is the bad boy. You feel smart but you know nothing at times."

"What do you mean?"

" I watched the footage. I saw the inside work . I got Drud to abduct one of your workers. He was touched lightly, just removal of two fingers and he talked. He was the inside man. The organiser was Stone."

" Stone?" Richard wondered. " Stone? Sergeant Simon?"

" Hmm....that bad boy is alive." Alex shrugged. " And I guess he still has it with him."

" Is he Damon's father?"

" Yes, but he stayed away from them. He knows people like him ought not to keep a family. Nobody was safe with him. "
Damon was shivering. They were talking about his father. Simon was connected in one way or the other. When will this saga seize to spill surprises?

" We must obliterate that family. And my daughter has to go. But I will get my grandchildren. With my blood and Stone's in them, they should live to make us proud."

" Hey!" The old man shouted atonce. He walked to the machine, this time with no stick or pretence of being too old. It took him just a few seconds to realize something was wrong.

" The chip! The chip is gone !"He sounded like he was going to faint. How could such an old man who had numbered days be so involved in worldly things?

He checked a hidden timer.

" It was removed less than two hours ago. Alert the house. The culprits must be somewhere close by."

" Two hours is a long time for escape." Richard said also looking perturbed.

" If it is one kilometre away from here, there will be a red light that shows it's out of range. It is close by and we must get it...at all cost."

The rumbling in Damon’s stomach was worse than the three earthquakes put together. Trouble!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by judiiyjane: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2018
Nice work,Weldon!
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Culin(f): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2018
Back to back front page. Well deserved. Congrats.
Re: The Root Of A Cynosure by Ann2012(f): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2018
Well done OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Has An Idea What This Is About? / Above The Shadows / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.