Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Worst Date of my Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Worst Date of my Life (12768 Views)

Worst Date; Man Shares 400k Bill With Lady & Her Girlfriend He Went On Date With / Share Your Worst Date Experience / Share Your Worst Date Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Now, boys, here are the lessons I learnt from this episode

1. You must always take a lady out on a date. It doesn't matter if you spend 1k. It is one of the truest test of character and compatibilty
2. You must learn the joy that comes with knowing how to say a firm NO and stick to it
3. If a girl wants to eat your money or burden you with bills, the signs will always be there. You must look out for the signs and say no if above your capacity.
4. If you catch any weird vibes from a girl, trust your guts and bang the door on her face
5. Remember that love is not all about money. Some girls will love you to pieces for who you are, but if you want to prove you have money, there are many girls specifically designed for no other thing than for spending that your money, and your behavior will surely attract them.

Remember you are the man. Define what you want, make an allowance for a little amount of bullshit, but never wallow in bullshit.

Love is a game of numbers, and if you keep trying, you will meet a compatible person.

Bleep Chisom whose story I am about to tell below.
..........................................................................................

My longterm and serious relationship ended about three months ago when my girlfriend got an opportunity to travel to Germany for further studies. I have been lonely since then, and also in the market for a serious relationship. I have been on several dates which didn't go further. I am seriously in the market for love, and I have a set amount of money budgeted for dating, social and other 'love-hunting' activities per month.

Enter Chisom (almost her real name). I met her at the ATM when I went to withdraw money last week Thursday.

I approached her, and she was very welcoming of my advances. We spoke for a while on the ATM queue, I asked her where she was going to, she said she was hungry, and wanted to withdraw money in order to go to the market to buy foodstuffs.

I asked if she would be interested in coming with me to one amala and ogufe joint since I was headed there. She said great. So we went there to order food. Usually, whenever I go to that joint, I spend not more than N1500 on a meal. So I asked Chisom to order, and she ordered food of N3200. In my mind, I was okay, this doesn't feel right, but let it pass. It is the thing we do for love, right?

So I went home and all through the week, we spoke a few times and arranged to have a proper date night on Wednesday after work, and then she will crash in my house and go to work from there the next morning.

Wednesday came, we went to a lounge opposite my street which I frequent both for the food and atmosphere.

Chisom came looking tattered, like she didn't even feel the need to make a good impression. I let it slide because I felt it was because of her work (she's an engineer's assistant). After a little while, I asked if she would like to order food and drink, she said yes.

I called the waiter to bring the menu, I ordered one large shawarma and chips with 1 bottle of water = N1850

Now what did Chisom order?

1. Cow leg peppersoup
2. Barbecue chicken and chips
3. 3 shots of whisky
4. 1 large hollandia yogurt

Everything = N6550

Whoa dude!

We ate on and made light conversation. I picked her brain and the more we talk, the more I was happy I brought her out on a date as a means of evaluating aspects of her character.

When we'd finished eating, and I was trying to enter serious conversation with her, she kept looking at the food service area, ignoring me. She then said:

"Dear, those pies are calling me," I told her to ignore the pies.

"Dear, the chicken burgers are calling me."

"Ignore the chicken burgers"

"Dear, won't you buy me a burger?"

"No, I think I am over the limit of what I budgeted for food"

"Dear, those chicken fillets must be really hot"

"Yes, they might you -- feel free to order some for us."

In my mind I was like so this is what guys mean when they say some girls are hungry.

I ended the night early (after the food, we were meant to hang out in the lounge's club until 1 am). I told her I wasn't feeling well.

I walked her to her street, and hugged her, said my bye. She then said:

"Is it only bye-bye you will tell me?"

I thought she maybe wanted a goodnight kiss, so I leant to kiss her, she pushed my face away and (I kid you not) said "give me money for taking me out na"

I bluntly told her "I have been spending money and time on you since we met, the least you could do is be grateful and less demanding".

With that said, I turned around, and walked the short distance to my street. Blocked her contacts everywhere, and sent her a text message that read: "Dear, thanks for coming out tonight. I caught some really strange vibes from you and I won't be talking to you anymore. Good luck in life."

cc:
Mynd44 -- can this make heaven?
Ishilove
Biacan
lalasticlala -- promise land, please.

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Remember that love is not all about money. Some girls will love you to pieces for who you are, but if you want to prove you have money, there are many girls specifically designed for no other thing than for spending that your money, and your behavior will surely attract them. 

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by kodded(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Hmmmm Nigeria relationship these days is about money and sex, sad

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Hmmmm... Eleyi gidi gan o shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by delugajackson: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2018
That girl is a certified glutton. You should have known from the moment she started making outrageous orders at the restaurant, that she's not the type to keep.

There are so many of them out there with this same entitlement mentality, it's best to avoid them like the first slice of bread. Imagine her saying you should give her money for taking her out, like what the hell? Hoes be asking for appearance fee these days? The hustle is real. Like say she be celebrity. You should be happy she didn't ask you to pay for the very air you breathe.

Marry this type of girl and you become wretched for life, paying all manner of exhorbitant bills here and there till the very day you die.

"The Chicken Burger is calling me" Imagine, very shameless girl, You for tell her make she answer na. Arrant nonsense!

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nightmareo07: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2018
shocked
Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Auladimeji(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2018
Honestly, I'm angry with you for spending 9,750 naira on a bitch

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by ehmmy11(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2018
It's a transaction sir... U pay for the food and drinks and she she gets to sleep in your bed cool cool cool cool..but always hold the exit button

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by chiommy123(f): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2018
That's one of life ( dating) experience. We learn everyday you know
Re: The Worst Date of my Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2018
That's an eyesore. I'm a Lady and I'm not gonna be biased in anyway. I feel ashamed when I read stuffs about dates gone wrong with a shaming character exhibited from girls. It's annoying.

I do not pass my limits when I'm invited for dates. In fact, I get scared of going to dates. I do not need someone to have a wrong perception of me or to use me as a centre of discussion amongst friends. I order what you order or even less. This story right here is what you get when you follow leeches, broke and hungry girls. Ladies need to give themselves self respect. Well, KOPT33, you bleeped up, immediately she amounted those damn bills, you shoulda shared it amongst you two.

I don't want to be too judgmental, but if I find out that as a girl, you have nothing or less to offer, you possess those attributes, I completely cut off. I can't be carrying two burdens at once. One reason why I do not keep female friends. A fragment of them have little/less to offer. I still await that one that'll surprise me.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
That's an eyesore. I'm a Lady and I'm not gonna be biased in anyway. I feel ashamed when I read stuffs about dates gone wrong with a shaming character exhibited from girls. It's annoying.

I do not pass my limits when I'm invited for dates. In fact, I get scared of going to dates. I do not need someone to have a wrong perception of me or to use me as a centre of discussion amongst friends. I order what you order or even less. This story right here is what you get when you follow leeches, broke and hungry girls. Ladies need to give themselves self respect. Well, KOPT33, you bleeped up, immediately she amounted those damn bills, you shoulda shared it amongst you two.

I don't want to be too judgmental, but if I find out that as a girl, you have nothing or less to offer, you possess those attributes, I completely cut off. I can't be carrying two burdens at once. One reason why I do not keep female friends. A fragment of then have little/less to offer. I still await that one that'll surprise me.

The money really isn't an issue. I spend more on night-outs with my guys.

The main issue I had is the complete lack of tact. Like, she didn't even feel the need to put up a good impression for me.

Many girls have something to offer, but finding them means that one must go through all these hoops.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2018
KOPT33:

The money really isn't an issue. I spend more on night-outs with my guys.

The main issue I had is the complete lack of tact. Like, she didn't even feel the need to put up a good impression for me.

Many girls have something to offer, but finding them means that one must go through all these hoops.

Did you say many? What an assertive conclusion! Well, since that's what you know how to do best, going through hoops, keep going, you'll meet your 'Gem' out there.

10 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by columbus007(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2018
that girl must be such a fool,95% girls are from a poverty stricken background with their packaging all over,if na me i for don escape live her there to pay for the food.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by QueenSekxy(f): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Lol,this is so funny,couldnt even finish reading when I bursted out laughing. cheesy
biko,where do you guys get this type of ladies that eat so much?
lol

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by QueenSekxy(f): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2018
KOPT33:

1. You must always take a lady out on a date. It doesn't matter if you spend 1k. It is one of the truest test of character and compatibilty
2. You must learn the joy that comes with knowing how to say a firm NO and stick to it
3. If a girl wants to eat your money or burden you with bills, the signs will always be there. You must look out for the signs and say no if above your capacity.
4. If you catch any weird vibes from a girl, trust your guts and bang the door on her face
5. Remember that love is not all about money. Some girls will love you to pieces for who you are, but if you want to prove you have money, there are many girls specifically designed for no other thing than for spending that your money, and your behavior will surely attract them.

Remember you are the man. Define what you want, make an allowance for a little amount of bullshit, but never wallow in bullshit.

Love is a game of numbers, and if you keep trying, you will meet a compatible person.

..........................................................................................

My longterm and serious relationship ended about three months ago when my girlfriend got an opportunity to travel to Germany for further studies. I have been lonely since then, and also in the market for a serious relationship. I have been on several dates which didn't go further. I am seriously in the market for love, and I have a set amount of money budgeted for dating, social and other 'love-hunting' activities per month.

Enter Chisom (almost her real name). I met her at the ATM when I went to withdraw money last week Thursday.

I approached her, and she was very welcoming of my advances. We spoke for a while on the ATM queue, I asked her where she was going to, she said she was hungry, and wanted to withdraw money in order to go to the market to buy foodstuffs.

I asked if she would be interested in coming with me to one amala and ogufe joint since I was headed there. She said great. So we went there to order food. Usually, whenever I go to that joint, I spend not more than N1500 on a meal. So I asked Chisom to order, and she ordered food of N3200. In my mind, I was okay, this doesn't feel right, but let it pass. It is the thing we do for love, right?

So I went home and all through the week, we spoke a few times and arranged to have a proper date night on Wednesday after work, and then she will crash in my house and go to work from there the next morning.

Wednesday came, we went to a lounge opposite my street which I frequent both for the food and atmosphere.

Chisom came looking tattered, like she didn't even feel the need to make a good impression. I let it slide because I felt it was because of her work (she's an engineer's assistant). After a little while, I asked if she would like to order food and drink, she said yes.

I called the waiter to bring the menu, I ordered one large shawarma and chips with 1 bottle of water = N1850

1. Cow leg peppersoup
3. 3 shots of whisky

Everything = N6550

Whoa dude!

We ate on and made light conversation. I picked her brain and the more we talk, the more I was happy I brought her out on a date as a means of evaluating aspects of her character.

When we'd finished eating, and I was trying to enter serious conversation with her, she kept looking at the food service area, ignoring me. She then said:

In my mind I was like so this is what guys mean when they say some girls are hungry.

I ended the night early (after the food, we were meant to hang out in the lounge's club until 1 am). I told her I wasn't feeling well.

I thought she maybe wanted a goodnight kiss, so I leant to kiss her, she pushed my face away and (I kid you not) said "give me money for taking me out na"

I bluntly told her "I have been spending money and time on you since we met, the least you could do is be grateful and less demanding".

With that said, I turned around, and walked the short distance to my street. Blocked her contacts everywhere, and sent her a text message that read: "Dear, thanks for coming out tonight. I caught some really strange vibes from you and I won't be talking to you anymore. Good luck in life."

cc:
Ishilove
Biacan

lool,I cant stop laughing. grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by coolzeal(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Not all Nigerian women are hungry. But it is pathetic that more and more are just into the money and when the chips are down, they call all men scum.

On the contrary, It's a pity many Nigerians have not experience true love or perhaps, enjoy the true definition of a relationship as it's done in other Nations. Everything in Nigeria is cash and carry.
Well, S*hit happens and I don’t think it’s going to go away too soon.

11 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by czarina(f): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2018
This is sooo funny cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
How do people chug all of that on "dates". More like a binge eating party cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Did you say many? What an assertive conclusion! Well, since that's what you know how to do best, going through hoops, keep going, you'll meet your 'Gem' out there.

Yes! Many girls!
You got a problem with that? Deal with it.
The bros fall my hand sha .
He should have pretended for that day and fukk the girl like crazy . Then discard her the next day .
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

My dad found my mom.

My cousins found awesome women. She's out there somehow. Abundance mentality thinking yo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2018
Dude, frankly I'm disappointed.
You ain't savage enough. No sire! I would have dragged that plate of peppersoup off her and she most definitely coming to my bed tonight, else we must split the bill ke.
She nor dey look face nii?
How does a girl take 3 shots of whisky and you're taking bottled water?! No wonder she rode roughshod over you.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2018
Jesu cristi!shocked.. The babe choplate food worth 6,550 naira at a sitting?!shocked..God she must be a gluttoncheesy. Op is this chisom babe a very fat girl? I know some of these girls sized like hippos have scary appetitescheesy. Mikejj come hear matter oo..how a babe consume food worth 6,550 naira at a sittingcheesyshocked.

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by GoldenJAT(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2018
I so LOVE the man I am!!! Even before we sit... I don tell u how much I carry for wallet. COME AND BEAT ME.

12 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Divay22(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2018
4601CE:
Yes! Many girls!
He should have pretended for that day and fukk the girl like crazy . Then discard her the next day .
Nonsense!
Some times it's really not about sex.
I know dude wanted something serious, but she disappointed him.

Op next time you don't have to act like the good guy or show you're capable (even if you are) once she's demanding outrageously, strictly tell her she's footing her bills...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2018
kodded:
Hmmmm Nigeria relationship these days is about money and sex, sad
plus foodcheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
QueenSekxy:
Lol,this is so funny,couldnt even finish reading when I bursted out laughing. cheesy
biko,where do you guys get this type of ladies that eat so much?
lol
they are everywhere amongst uscheesy. There was one girl wey i see some days ago munching down those very long huge 450 naira bread and gulping down a family size bottle of coke. Plate of pepper soup also dey her side.when i see her body size i come say no wondercheesy.

8 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't want to be too judgmental, but if I find out that as a girl, you have nothing or less to offer, you possess those attributes, I completely cut off. I can't be carrying two burdens at once. One reason why I do not keep female friends. A fragment of them have little/less to offer. I still await that one that'll surprise me.
i like girls like u and Queensekzycheesy.una be moderate eaters. At least una go eat like a normal human being. Not like those girl u go carry out for a date dem go chop everything for the resturant and if care's not taken dem go even eat u joincheesy.

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2018
4601CE:
Yes! Many girls!
Nonsense!

That wasn't necessary. smiley

All that comes into the average Nigerian guy's mind is sex. That's their vengeance tool.
Be good, bro!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2018
KOPT33:

My dad found my mom.

My cousins found awesome women. She's out there somehow. Abundance mentality thinking yo.

It's okay. I wish you the best in your love travail. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by QueenSekxy(f): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
lefulefu:
they are everywhere amongst uscheesy. There was one girl wey i see some days ago munching down those very long huge 450 naira bread and gulping down a family size bottle of coke. Plate of pepper soup also dey her side.when i see her body size i come say no wondercheesy.
lool,no make me laugh.
grin
seriously, this is now becoming too much.gringrin

I think fat ladies eat so well.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Fhowe: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2018
KOPT33:

1. Cow leg peppersoup
3. 3 shots of whisky

Everything = N6550

Whoa dude!

cc:
Ishilove
Biacan

Op it is not only girls ,some people dont just know how to behave themselves ,someone offers to take you out and you believe you can order heaven and earth

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Date of my Life by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
ModelX:
Dude, frankly I'm disappointed.
You ain't savage enough. No sire! I would have dragged that plate of peppersoup off her and she most definitely coming to my bed tonight, else we must split the bill ke.
She nor dey look face nii?
How does a girl take 3 shots of whisky and you're taking bottled water?! No wonder she rode roughshod over you.

Bro, you get to a certain stage in life where you just let some things slide because you don't have anything to prove. I am in that stage right now.

Besides, I am a very sensitive person and when I sleep with a girl, it takes me such a long time to get them out of my mind. Didn't want to burden myself unnecessarily.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Seduced Her Father, And Needs Advice / Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? / Lady Shows Off Her Boobs On Facebook, Says Her Friends Are Hypocrites (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.