Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (55914 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by sunisonflex29(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
and after buying all these things,one useless mother in law will give you the last daughter to live in your house and for you to train up to uni level..smh

7 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Proflere: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hope say the girl na first class student with MSC and PhD in progress? if not, you can marry her yasef.... Nonsense and him colleague!!!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Estrada(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Folks should learn to respect customs and norms of other people.

If marrying from a particular tribe seem expensive, why not go marry elsewhere? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
And 90% of the people on the rape train are extended family who have zero input in the brides upbringing

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Donemmaco(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
eehh....
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Tonimagnificent: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
AcuraZDX:
A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

g
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Truflexunits(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hausa pay more than igbos, I witnessed my friend's wedding in Lafia nasarrawa state last year December.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Racoon(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
shocked grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by obaataaokpaewu: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Two of my sisters are married and I never saw such items during the introduction Abi dowry payment

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Kingjames(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
and somebody is asking why we have many single ladies all over ...
it made me shed tears of joy

7 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Lonestar124: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
A bonifide Igbo person can not buy the fallacy in that picture. It is neither some gifts from their well wishers.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by OhiOfIhima: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
Chaii... Dis is wickedness of d highest order.. Why. Are dey wanna compete wit Shoprite or what... Live ewure even dey dere..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by demmydy(m): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
Lol u dey craze
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by AreaFada2: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
Well, not by force. If you cannot pay it do not go there. You will at least have the chance to know in advance what their tradition demands.

I guess it's even a matter of pride for some grooms to fully provide all that is demanded.

If the woman turns out to be great and I do not have to train her siblings in addition, that's fair.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by pansophist(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
I'm Igbo and I hate this.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
You are billed according to the kind of car you bring as a groom. Abi poor men no dey marry for IMO? sad

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
AcuraZDX:
A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

Davido can afford this nahhh what's the big deal!
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by 400billionman: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:
This is small nau! I'm just seeing wrappers!
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

And then women are given stock fish, yam, drinks, etcetera etcetera.

And for my daddy, better hot drinks and isi agu and other goodies too.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

Abeg if you no get money, no try marry. Just remain single and broke.
You no get sense but I will not tell you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by HAROLDWILSON: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
THIS ONE SMALL SHA COMPARED TO MBAISE

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by tunary(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
When there are millions of unique ladies out there
is she for sale
The man should better marry his daughter joor what nonsense is that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
That’s such a lie it depends on your community really hears mine

AMALA
8 Igbo Kolanuts,
2 bottles of Schnapps,
2 jars of Raffia Palm Wine,
2 Cartons of beer, and
N20,000.00 (twenty thousand naira)

NDENZE OBI EZE
8 Igbo Kolanuts,
1 bottle of Schnapps,
1 Alligator Pepper Fruit,
2 Cartons of beer,
N10,000.00 (ten thousand naira)
Youth Fund N5,000.00 (five thousand naira)

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by tunary(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Them go rust for their father house
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by mrdna(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Will the girl from this kind of place give birth to gold
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by MbaiseBoy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shut it people... Mbaiseboy Is here.... Tell me the place in Imo State or i don't believe it...

FAKE NEWS NETWORK.

FNN...

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by poshestmina(f): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Depending on the bride and her family..My elder brother is getting married to a girl from Imo state ..we negotiated the bride price to the end..... Marry or stay ur papa house and the girl decided to pay half herself.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by origima: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
The guy is a complete poor guy who made money by Accident otherwise the show is nonsense. U might be giving one billion naira worth of materials to buy but it is never compulsory. All na play and can't stop u from taking ur woman home.in fact most times grooms want show up by buying extra things to create a Mark
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Bitterleafsoup: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list is however, not exhaustive. Add yours.
or maybe Mbano in Anambra we ask you buy your wife a mode of transportation so she can visit her parents.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by origima: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
HAROLDWILSON:
THIS ONE SMALL SHA COMPARED TO MBAISE

Where in Mbaise? Does it mean all mbaise people are rich? So wretched people don't marry in mbaise?abegii

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:
This is small nau! I'm just seeing wrappers!
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

And then women are given stock fish, yam, drinks, etcetera etcetera.

And for my daddy, better hot drinks and isi agu and other goodies too.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

Abeg if you no get money, no try marry. Just remain single and broke.
Better Hot drinks? That got his face disfigured! Is that classy?
It's obvious you're depressed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by HolyClement001(m): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
that is how they sell their pikin in the name of marriage

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Commanderinpips: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

And that's why you have remained single you could not even plug the ewedu leaf

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.