Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (55917 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by stagger: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.

Is that so? What about the list of 41s?
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by lifestyle1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Everything here no fit pass 6000 USD

tongue
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by stagger: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
anjilgreat:
Left for me alone, I and my husband will give my daughter's hand in marriage free. No matter the amount of money paid by the groom as bride price, it can never be equivalent to the money invested in her even at nursery school level alone.

The exorbitant bride price paid by the groom is the reason why most men nowadays maltreat their wives because they feel the women are now their properties. We have to change this this mind set

What is this so-called "maltreatment of wives" everybody keep singing about? My dad never maltreated my mum and before he died, he thanked her for giving him the best of lives as a spouse and blessed her. More than 40 years they were together. So I don't understand it really.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
Davedblues:
delta lead the park on easy marriage
Delta girls? No way!
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
menix:
Well, me Ayam off to Ogidi to pick a wife, I heard dey only collect Farm implement nd 200naira.
what state is that?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
And yet your Igbo wives are still chasing the Yoruba dicks upandan
If am lying,ask ur wife

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by anjilgreat(f): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
stagger:

What is this so-called "maltreatment of wives" everybody keep singing about? My dad never maltreated my mum and before he died, he thanked her for giving him the best of lives as a spouse and blessed her. More than 40 years they were together. So I don't understand it really.

I didn't say all men maltreat their wives but most do esp. those that pay huge bride price because they feel that the brides family were not considerate to them.

I have heard of a true life story of a groom that was compelled to pay exorbitant amount for bride price just because the brides family knew that he is wealthy. Do you know that the groom paid everything asked of him without argument but as soon as he got married to her, he warned every members of the brides family that he doesn't ever want to see them again because they just sold their daughter to him.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that all men who pay huge bride price do. A man should be able to treat his wife with love and care irrespective of the bride price paid because they are both one since he won't mistreat himself.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by menix(m): 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
henry49:
what state is that?

Anambra
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
menix:

Anambra
I'm from Imo state. I don't like girls from Anambra. Majority of them are graduates who cannot spell their names!
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by chairman00100: 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tolexander:
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.

I am from mbaise and very proud of it even if that picture(which can be arranged by any block head with the cheapest phone) is from mbaise, now tell us where you are from if you can be proud of wherever Shit hole you come from, what is it with every simpleton who can spell mbaise?

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
Gbemishile1:
Upandan or Up and down? which one, bro?
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by osazsky(m): 11:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
this one is cheap na my friend bought aluminium roofing sheet before them give am woman

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by osazsky(m): 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
henry49:
I'm from Imo state. I don't like girls from Anambra. Majority of them are graduates who cannot spell their names!
true talk
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by sweetilicious(f): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
Donlamzy:
Na to dey soak garri after wedding remain

Igbo ANKARA grin
And nobody cares to know if you fed or not after the wedding.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by doctore212(m): 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Very very cheap[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by menix(m): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
henry49:

cry cry cry
U re serious??
U mean dey Attend Nnamdi Spare Part University Awka?

Chisos Is Lot!!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by nfour4(m): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Donlamzy:
Na to dey soak garri after wedding remain

Igbo ANKARA grin
Yes now.
Better advice to young guys if you have transport come to Gombe with just 25,000 naira marry a beautiful lady with degree and 1000 naira reduction.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by LaudableXX: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Most probably Eggon or Agatu if it's bags of beans and goat you saw. So many tribes in Nasarawa that can be mistaken for Hausa by ignorant southerners.
Help me tell am, o! shocked Some clowns just think that anyone from any part of the North is Hausa. In Nassarawa, you have more than 9 different ethnic groups. From the Eggon, the Bassa, the Duhwa, Ebira, Eloyi, Wappan, Goemai, Ninzam, Tiv, Koffyar, Agatu etc, different indigenous ethnic groups exist within the state.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by LaudableXX: 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
stagger:
Try and understand the point he is making. undecided When the bride price is rather high, it makes a guy feel as if he is purchasing a commodity, rather than marrying a wife. And if he sees the woman as a commodity or a piece of property, the tendency to misuse or maltreat her, is high. Afterall, he would think that he 'paid' for her...in other words "na my money." wink The bride price in your mum's village many years ago, was probably not as high as it is today, that is why your dad never saw her as a piece of property.

NkemjikaX:
There's nothing here - wait until you see which among other things includes 3 live goat, 200litres of palm wine etc
You don't mean it! shocked cheesy grin
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by elmodee7(m): 12:08am On Sep 04, 2018
people of the flat.

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by lilyheaven: 12:17am On Sep 04, 2018
Airforce1:
Cheap

Just the Wrappers
The list is incomplete.
No tubers of yam, no stockfish, no dry fish, no palm oil , etc
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by kayodedada1(m): 12:59am On Sep 04, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by delishpot: 3:24am On Sep 04, 2018
But when they want to please side chick, nothing is too big or too small for them. Wetin him buy for there wey expensive? All those wrapper, sweet, umbrella and chewing gum wey dem usr bench give am small eye value naim we no go hear word again? Shior! Look well now the wife brought bulk of that money they spent but he is acting like he did it alone. This is the risk in marrying these premature boys naija is churning out these days. Nigeria is in hot soup. Real men are going extinct.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by delishpot: 3:31am On Sep 04, 2018
poshestmina:
Depending on the bride and her family..My elder brother is getting married to a girl from Imo state ..we negotiated the bride price to the end..... Marry or stay ur papa house and the girl decided to pay half herself.

An example of chewing gum boy. She made the wrong choice in husband and inlaw Or you guys just dont value her. Just look at how you describe her marriage plan. I weep for her desperate arse. You think God can not bring someone better for her if she doesnt marry your bro? Marry or stay her papa house!! Is that one a husband? Are you fit to be cslled an inlaw? #Asikatekwuonu

If you were responsible person this is what you would have written.....

It depends on the bride and her family. My elder bro is getting married to a girl from imo state and her parents after some dialogue agreed to bring down the price even the bride to be decided to contribute towards half the cost.......Story end there.

Which one come be the extra soured talk of marry or stay her papa house.? That thing wey you talk there na marriage? If that cheap brother of yours dare gorm head of family ehn...... if any of you dare expect her to form iyawo ehn......

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2018
henry49:
Upandan or Up and down? which one, bro?
Go and argue with your English teacher or argue with ur ancestors
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 6:34am On Sep 04, 2018
One of those excuses for not getting married by those who have accepted failure. I am from IMO State. Are you marrying the entire family with all the item? Things have changed. Only those who know quailty marry from Igbo States.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by RayJinble(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin

Most women from Imo State make good wives (very low divorce rate, hustling spirit, good mothers, beautiful, and so on) so, if you know that you need gold, be ready to pay more.

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list is however, not exhaustive. Add yours.

I can attest for Orsu.....

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 04, 2018
RayJinble:

I can attest for Orsu.....
Awo Idemili, ASA, Umuhuokabia, Ihitenansa, Urem, etc.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Danizzy: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
ur brain Dey menstrate
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by RayJinble(m): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Awo Idemili, ASA, Umuhuokabia, Ihitenansa, Urem, etc.
Eziawa, Ikpo, Amakpara

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Tolexander:
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.
Na them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.