Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (55911 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by jonadaft: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
AcuraZDX:
A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

God forbid!

All that for a second-hand product.

I'll pass if she's not a VIRGIN.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
undecided
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by jonadaft: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
mine was almost similar to this... couple with the fact that MMM swindle my money
Bro

That year was indeep miserable cry
Make thunder scatter chudi and mavrodi anywhere they are cry

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Almaiga: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kikikikikikiki, them wan sell the Girl? grin
Igbo's and money. grin

Make I mind my Business. cool

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by budusky05(m): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
The girls are for sale then.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by wristbangle: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:
This is small nau! I'm just seeing wrappers!
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

And then women are given stock fish, yam, drinks, etcetera etcetera.

And for my daddy, better hot drinks and isi agu and other goodies too.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

Abeg if you no get money, no try marry. Just remain single and broke.

And when people like you approach 35yrs, u will start attending different church programs and be disturbing innocent pastors.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Gkemz: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
I saw this on Facebook. This must be in Imo state.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Cris955(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is total madness I blame the guy shaa
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by sanpipita(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
See how people are falling over themselves over a pic and story that's not verified from any quarters, Nigerians are so gullible
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by rickyrex(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Look closely to those items... They are not up 150k

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Benekruku(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
They would have just requested for ShopRite.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by enonche85(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

That's why u'll live with ur parents till u turn 50yrs while waiting for a mugu that will cough out all those before marrying u...lubbish!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by chiezimah(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
When the list was sent to u did u bother to share online? You felt u were capable and went ahead. So y come online to seek for sympathy. U have only succeeded in showing ur wife d kind of person u are. U feel she is too expensive. U are letting d world know that u bought her off her parents. So u still want the woman whose family u have put in public view as materialistic to trust u. U simply put her family in display for the world to rubbish. If u no fit u for bone. If the babe do small thing now u go remind her how much u pay her pple to purchase her. Some pple just tire me.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Lordofthewest(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
Na u sabi..economy hard we can't be spending our entire live savings on wedding ceremony and drink garri later. The girl sef fit no be virgin oo
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by aksule(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
And the shout of EQUALITY after settling down as husband and wife.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Bullhari007(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
liar Muhammad pikin where in IMO state can we see that kind of hilltop behind them
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by resurgent2019: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
chiezimah:
When the list was sent to u did u bother to share online? You felt u were capable and went ahead. So y come online to seek for sympathy. U have only succeeded in showing ur wife d kind of person u are. U feel she is too expensive. U are letting d world know that u bought her off her parents. So u still want the woman whose family u have put in public view as materialistic to trust u. U simply put her family in display for the world to rubbish. If u no fit u for bone. If the babe do small thing now u go remind her how much u pay her pple to purchase her. Some pple just tire me.

What’s this one saying? I am sure you are igbo so you are ashamed of this repugnant culture. You igbos can marry your women.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by freetheking: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tolexander:
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.
The lady may from Mbaise,but it all depends on the family.eg I marred from the same Mbaise and the family which i marred from did not give me any list,reason,that they no the sale they daughter.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Y Publish Sumthin U Cant Independently Verify
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Bullhari007(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry. tttt

Nna ga anu United I sight you tongue cheesy tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by semyman: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
These people can do anything for money, even if na to sell off
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by impactx(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mehn! all these things for marriage. I nor do again
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by donkingarmani(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Someone that will just come and scatter family... Mtcheew
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Crossboy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
shocked Make Person Just Impregnate The Lady So They Will Ave No Other Option Than To Give The Woman Away At The Mans Given Price
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Ashley86400: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
Is like your brain is paining you, abi?
Ko n shejo e. . .Nairaland lo gboshi. undecided
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Gana50: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
[color=#770077][/color] ibos are thieves
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Davedblues(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
delta lead the park on easy marriage
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by menix(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Well, me Ayam off to Ogidi to pick a wife, I heard dey only collect Farm implement nd 200naira.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Chisos! shocked Chukwu Okike Abiama o! This is what Nnamdi Kanu should have been fighting against! shocked

When Igbo parents got a child and it's a girl...

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by omooba969(m): 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin

Most women from Imo State make good wives (very low divorce rate, hustling spirit, good mothers, beautiful, and so on) so, if you know that you need gold, be ready to pay more.

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list is however, not exhaustive. Add yours.

Good thing you used the word 'Most' coz I know of one in Ibadan, she's so dirty and lazy.

I am serious.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by agabaI23(m): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
No yam? This ìs not Imo state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.