Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (55801 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by AcuraZDX: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
Where I come from grin Igbo girls amaka

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
I reserve my comments so as not to sound tribalistic, but....

never mind.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Tolexander: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Airforce1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Cheap

Just the Wrappers

15 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by dabrin: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by dabrin: 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
cool tongue
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Where in IMO? Stop generalising it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Lordofthewest(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nwanne, keep ya daughter..are we opening shoprite here?

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by ChiefAzubuike(f): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Donlamzy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Na to dey soak garri after wedding remain

Igbo ANKARA grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Shortyy(f): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is small nau! I'm just seeing wrappers!
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

And then women are given stock fish, yam, drinks, etcetera etcetera.

And for my daddy, better hot drinks and isi agu and other goodies too.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

Abeg if you no get money, no try marry. Just remain single and broke.

Them broke and jobless boys are quoting me already! cheesy Jobless things! If you know you don't have money to perform the necessary rites, stay broke and single! PERIODt! Marriage isn't for everyone! Only for REAL men.

I said what I said! Drink acid if you don't agree.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by iamnavy1: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by ExAngel007(f): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Is it for all her villagers.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by DLifeless1: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Only the Igbos raise daughters for sale just as Fulani terrorists raise cows for sale. All na business. Lol.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nbote(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
I don't get all these bride price brouhaha... D parents will not force U to marry their daughter neither will dey put a gun to ur head to come and collect d list.. If U feel d list dem give u too much, why come online to complain about It? Is d internet d council of elders in ur village? If d gal wants to marry U she will find a way around d list presented for U..

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by goslowgoslow(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hungry people always ready to milk people dry.

18 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by itiswellandwell: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ohh boy!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Wawuu shocked

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Igbo girls are not cheap!

Hmmm grin grin grin they usually follow the list to the letter especially when they noticed that the guy is loaded!

So guys don't be scared!

Them no dey marry wife finish for Igbo land!!!

Do the one wey your hand reach now, continue later

15 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by engrjacuzzi: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
mine was almost similar to this... couple with the fact that MMM swindle my money

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by SEONaijaExpert: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
I heard it's negotiable

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by tstx(m): 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
no wonda my bro no wan marry

6 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by iammo(m): 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
smiley one question a reasonable bride should ask herself is,.. would this people benefiting one way or the other from her elaborate wedding, come around to help her new family should her husband lose his job, fall ill or dies? if the answer is yes then I see no problem, but if its the evil chop clean mouth wicked village people then its a waste

8 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Neyotee(f): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Let me come and be going shocked shocked
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by zicoraads: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is outrageous!

No wonder my very good friend, Ifeanyi, an Imo guy, is almost reaching 35 with no plan whatsoever towards settling down.

They should borrow a leaf from Tivland; 100k or nothing! grin

10 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by DopeTech(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Just reading comments grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by dazzlingd(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Chai...

All these bride price for a girl who is not even a virgin..
Meanwhile, feminist should keep shut and be submissive to their husbands as men are Lords over women who can be bought with a good price.
Thus says the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin

Most women from Imo State make good wives (very low divorce rate, hustling spirit, good mothers, beautiful, and so on) so, if you know that you need gold, be ready to pay more.

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list however, not exhaustive. Add yours.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.