Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (55908 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by SexTin(f): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shortyy:
This is small nau! I'm just seeing wrappers!
Anyways, the wrappers are given only to the bride's mother and also other goodies.

And then women are given stock fish, yam, drinks, etcetera etcetera.

And for my daddy, better hot drinks and isi agu and other goodies too.

If I see anyone that will say it's too much ehn, you'll tell me whether they forced you to marry.

Abeg if you no get money, no try marry. Just remain single and broke.
Then, Long Live In Ur Fathers House grin. Girl Want Better Tin, But, Is Here Typing Trash!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by keryj(f): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is small jor sad

I v seen much more
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
Truflexunits:
Hausa pay more than igbos, I witnessed my friend's wedding in Lafia nasarrawa state last year December.
Most probably Eggon or Agatu if it's bags of beans and goat you saw. So many tribes in Nasarawa that can be mistaken for Hausa by ignorant southerners.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by pawesome(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
come to plateau... They even furnish the house that you will live in grin
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by bluefilm: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
Chai

And I don dey target one Imo girl sef.

Anyways sha, I fit do am.

Na going back.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Glink2018(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
Igbo Amaka.

Igbo and money , nah two and four.

I support you jare. That's first litmus test for lazy men that will not be capable to take good care of wife and children.

Any man that doesn't have good sources of income shld not woo a lady talkless of marrying her.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by anjilgreat(f): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Left for me alone, I and my husband will give my daughter's hand in marriage free. No matter the amount of money paid by the groom as bride price, it can never be equivalent to the money invested in her even at nursery school level alone.

The exorbitant bride price paid by the groom is the reason why most men nowadays maltreat their wives because they feel the women are now their properties. We have to change this this mind set

5 Likes

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Simbrixton(m): 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin

Most women from Imo State make good wives (very low divorce rate, hustling spirit, good mothers, beautiful, and so on) so, if you know that you need gold, be ready to pay more.

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list is however, not exhaustive. Add yours.
what about awoo idemili
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tolexander:
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
This is why its preferable to marry from the Yoruba tribe. All you need is a few handful of ewedu leaves and the girl is yours.
shocked

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by MENTORCH(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
And she might not be a virgin o!
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Simbrixton:
what about awoo idemili
Awo Idemili is under Orsu LGA
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Simbrixton:
what about awoo idemili

Thanks to GLO Network and NL failing server, I replied severally.
Simbrixton:
what about awoo idemili
Awo Idemili is under Orsu LGA
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
Gkemz:
I saw this on Facebook. This must be in Imo state.
you didn't say the headings?
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by alklas(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
wetin sef!!!
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by 2day6(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
if I should provide this for my igbo gf then I will use her for ritual, this is too much.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by FBIL: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
I am igbo but this is the height of idiocy. This is a poor family judging from the mud-plastered house behind. I pity Imo state girls.

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by legba1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Mumu like you....lil wonder your folks grow grey hair gathering money for wedding...
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by maclily: 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
when you mention IMO state, don't forget that we have so many local governments in IMO state. Therefore, their marriage requirements differs. the local govt where I hail from, we are not greedy. We show considerations irrespective of class.
What! This is too much.
This one should be owerri and Mbaise. Lol
Go check out the later end of this marriage, it will marvel you.

We are lauthor=AcuraZDX post=70873609]A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by don89(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is a big lie, am from imo state ,you marry according to the size of your pocket ,if you see for example 10 cartoons of beer and its only 5 cartons you came with ,they will still collect ,every item on the list is not mandatory .
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Paretomaster1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nbote:
I don't get all these bride price brouhaha... D parents will not force U to marry their daughter neither will dey put a gun to ur head to come and collect d list.. If U feel d list dem give u too much, why come online to complain about It? Is d internet d council of elders in ur village? If d gal wants to marry U she will find a way around d list presented for U..

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by maclily: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Onuimo is certainly among the list dear, very affordable and considerate.

[quotehor=OkaNaUbe post=70874266]grin

Most women from Imo State make good wives (very low divorce rate, hustling spirit, good mothers, beautiful, and so on) so, if you know that you need gold, be ready to pay more.

Not all parts of IMO State is expensive. This is probably Mbaise axis.

Cheap LGAs to marry from:
Orlu
Oru (East and West)
Okigwe
Ideator (North and South)
Nwangele (Linda Ikeji area)
Orsu
Isu/Njaba
Onuimo( Ain't too sure)

This list is however, not exhaustive. Add yours.[/quote]
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Trunaijian: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Any girl wey ready marry you go intervene and talk to her patents behind closed doors.

Wetin dey worsen the issue na those unreasonable girls wey wan make point to her relatives say she too much so the guy must meet all the requirements.
That's why after all this expenditure, the lady will be treated like a bought commodity.

Ladies be wise. Know your husbands capacity and deal with the situation accordingly.

Fu.ckk dem relatives. Na u go stay inside him house.

Thats how one of my friend was provided a list that made him cancel the wedding. The guy don marry a south african girl now. Happily.

We no send where the other girl dey!

1 Like

Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Nwanne, keep ya daughter..are we opening shoprite here?
Shop rite truly grin grin this is so hilarious grin
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
Truflexunits:
Hausa pay more than igbos, I witnessed my friend's wedding in Lafia nasarrawa state last year December.
I disagree.. where are your proof..
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Archbishop88: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Are you marrying all the Igbo women in the country? This one big ooh.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Reelmii: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
400billionman:
You no get sense but I will not tell you
please don't tell her so that she no go vex
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by Reelmii: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
tunary:
When there are millions of unique ladies out there

is she for sale

The man should better marry his daughter joor what nonsense is that
if u no marry her, men full ur back wey ready to pay twice to have her, so dont think u are doing her a favour.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by mechanics(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tolexander:
The lady is definitely from Mbaise in IMO State.
you guess right.
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by idonhammer: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
You wicked
Re: Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) by NkemjikaX(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
AcuraZDX:
A Nigerian man has set the internet on fire after releasing a photo of the marriage requirement list from his prospective in-laws in Imo State.

A Twitter user identified as @SpotterSuper, has taken to the social networking platform to share a photo which shows the requirements expected from a man who intended to marry in Imo state Nigeria..
According to him the picture was taken in Imo state, where a groom was delivering the requirements demanded of him to marry his bride.
From the photo, one can spot several boxes filled with goodies, crates of drinks, live goat as well as several ankara print materials.

The photo which has been trailed with mixed reactions and criticisms from online users saw many questioning why getting married in some parts of Nigeria costs the groom and his family so much, while others agreed that it is unfair to pay so much and still be expected to preserve the wedding.

The authenticity of the viral photo or where in Imo the image was captured, were not ascertained by zenithnaija as at the time of filing this report.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/viral-photo-of-marriage-list-requirements-for-a-bride-in-imo-state/

There's nothing here wait until you see which among other things includes 3 live goat, 200litres of palm wine etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.