Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11437 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chrisical(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2010
I dont care even if FIFA ban us for 25 YEARS!That team is so hopeless.The mamoth allocation that goes into that useless team and its federation should be used for better things.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by jmoore(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
Implications of FIFA ban
1-All level of national teams cannot participate in any international competition,under23,under 20,under 17
2-The female team also will not be allowed to participate in any international competition at senior level and age grade competitions
3-Nigerian football clubs will not be allowed to participate in the lucrative African champions league

The only thing the government should do is to arrest and prosecute corrupt NFF[ Nigeria Football Federation] officials.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Bigvilla(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA ban us for 10 year if you like. This is super eagles of Nigeria and not super eagles of FIFA. we want to reorganize our country for things to work. Give us a break.

FIFA need Nigeria as much as Nigeria need FIFA.

true talk bro. Do you guyz think d presiden is ignorant of the consequences of his actions? He knows what he i doing. Those that recommended the action are well aware of these FIFA schematics, especially as they are either ex-international or administrators, Anything wen dem wan do make dem do. wen d hour reach FIFA go soft pedal. Leave mata 4 matias
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
Thank God for a listening President

On these pages, Saturday Vanguard sports carried out a campaign to cleanse our sports, especially football that is stronger than religion, that gives Nigerians so much joy, which they are so passionate about to the extent of forgetting that dividends of democracy are yet to reach them, 11 years after they put their hope in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo when the military finally agreed to return to the barracks.

From Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima, Rev Moses Iloh, Dan Ngerem, Elder Bode Oyewole, Adokie Amiesimaka, Richard Obienu, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde some others we can’t remember now, they all added their voice to the campaign.
The men who occupy the NFA Glass House at the nation’s expense, who believe they are untouchables because of the myth of FIFA hammer falling on the country would not listen but instead called us and these honourable men unprintable names.
Limiting ourselves to only the month of June, 2010 when the World Cup started, we at Saturday Vanguard sports decided to take our campaign to the doorstep of the presidency and thank God that unlike Chief Obasanjo, we now have a listening president in Dr Goodluck Jonathan.
Here are proofs of our service to our country, that football should be saved from the stranglehold of Sani Lulu Abdullahi, Amanze Uchegbulam, Taiwo Ogunjobi and Bolaji Ojo-Oba, the four musketeers who believe that football begins and ends with them, especially with the false belief of protection from their godfather.
A week to the start of the World Cup, June 5 when we scooped the formation of 14 sub-committees by the NFA when the country was not the host of the event, we wrote begging that “President Jonathan should block this NFA’s channel of waste.
We followed this with “ Football: Is Amos Adamu greater than Nigeria with a sub-title plans to ‘pocket’ President Jonathan. This was in reaction to Adamu’s move to ensure a return of the Lulu Board at the August election by blocking all negative mails on the NFA meant for the president, using his Chief of Staff, Chief Mike Oghiadohme.
Lulu was alleged to report the sports minister to FIFA citing interference when he (Alhaji Ibrahim Bio) advised the NFA to stop all election campaigns in South Africa to focus on the Eagles and their World Cup campaign.
After the Eagles crashed out and the NFA showed no regret over the woeful failure but instead called the PTF to render an account of the money it raised for the World Cup campaign, not minding that it had not done so itself and that the PTF doesn’t report to it but the presidency, we called on the minister thus: World Cup: Bio, now is time to audit NFA accounts.
If the president was not a listening type, these campaigns would have been waved aside but we would have been satisfied that we did not keep quiet when our football was being ‘killed’. Thank God for a listening president.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/02/thank-god-for-a-listening-president/
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mykali(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
a dissolution of the NFF would have solved a huge part of the problem, not banning the whole Footballing body from FIFA/CAF activities. . . .but i still support Jonathan's decision.

would rather have a revamped Super Eagles than another fumbling one
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Solozzo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
I am amazed at the decision to ban SE from international competition for two years in ourder to put house in order. How do you improve an underachieving team if you deprive it of oppotunities to practice with international teams. President GJ 's decision was not baed on sound reasoning and he should rescind the decision. FIFA 's threat is in order and it shows concerns of the organisation. Banning competition at international level also contravenes FIFA's rules. We should be planning on how to use the 8million US dollars we got from FIFA to improve our game by sponsoring more internaitonal competition and training rather than taking a decision based on an emotional knee jerk reaction of a non-thinking president. What has the president got to do with football skills building anyway?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
Solozzo:

I am amazed at the decision to ban SE from international competition for two years in ourder to put house in order. How do you improve an underachieving team if you deprive it of oppotunities to practice with international teams. President GJ 's decision was not baed on sound reasoning and he should rescind the decision. FIFA 's threat is in order and it shows concerns of the organisation. Banning competition at international level also contravenes FIFA's rules. We should be planning on how to use the 8million US dollars we got from FIFA to improve our game by sponsoring more internaitonal competition and training rather than taking a decision based on an emotional knee jerk reaction of a non-thinking president. What has the president got to do with football skills building anyway?
brother, u have a point there, but dont u think this ban is timely and on point. FIFA can do wat they like, but we have to clean up our house before a stranger comes to do it for us, you and I know wat dat will mean. Its time for a revolution in our football, no matter who`s hurt, Unless we are ready for more disgraceful outings.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Ibomade1: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
Mr Goodluck you should know this already you just can't pull your nation out of international football unless there is war or something of such nature.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by member479760: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
We have something more important to do in this country than answering FIFA.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by shevalync: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2010
I have said it before n will say it again GJ is confused n he doesn't even understand the implication of his action.How do you improve an underachieving team? Ban it from competing for two whole years? Spur them on to playing better by not allowing them to play at all? I know by now he must have realized he made d wrong call only don't know hw to come out n admit it,mark my word GJ wil rescind his decision.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Meldrick(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
shevalync:

I have said it before n will say it again GJ is confused n he doesn't even understand the implication of his action.How do you improve an underachieving team? Ban it from competing for two whole years? Spur them on to playing better by not allowing them to play at all? I know by now he must have realized he made d wrong call only don't know hw to come out n admit it,mark my word GJ wil rescind his decision.

SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE WISER THAN GJ(DR. GOODLUCK JONATHAN) AND ALL HIS ADVISERS. YOU THINK THE PRESIDENT DID NOT PUT INTO CONSIDERATION THE IMPLICATION OF HIS ACTIONS BEFORE PLACING A BAN ON THE TEAM.
MY FRIEND, YOU DESERVE A VERY HOT SLAP FOR SAYING THE PRESIDENT (A PHD. HOLDER) AND ALL HIS ADVISERS ARE CONFUSED. TAKE YA TIME OOOO.
TO HELL WITH FIFA AND THEIR BAN. IF THEY LIKE THEY BAN US FOR 50YEARS. BLATTER WHO IS UNABLE TO RESOLVE ALL THE CONTROVERSIES SURRONDING THE 2010 WORLD CUP. TURNED DEAF EARS TO THE GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY. IS THAT MAN NOT MORE CONFUSED THAT ANY OTHER PERSON IN THE WORLD?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by shevalync: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA suspension is not just suspension of the senior national team but also include d following:

no Nigeria referee can participate in international competition

no women's world championships at under-20 and under-17 level.

no African Champions League group phase later this month for Heartland

no access to development courses

no annual payment of $250,000 each member associations receives, cash that is much needed by Nigerian football.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by ukboy: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
i believe the president took a right in banning the team, for those of u that does not support the ban, u and blatter can take a dive in the lagoon. those of u not in support of the ban, do u realize that the eagles wasted tax payers money and no results to show for it. if u ask me i will call it a financial crime because the eagles where paid large sums of money to deliver the cup and yet not even three points to show for it, we did not get valve for our money, at this point the ICPC should lock the team up because what they did is a corrupt pratices.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by fugocisse: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
fifa should go to hell! we have to re-organise our team!  we need 2years and they should allow us! IF LULU REALLY MEAN TO DEVELOP OUR TEAM HE SHOULD RESIGN WITH IMMIDEATE EFFECT TO SHOW HIS RESPECT TO OUR SOVERIGN NATION!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dTouch: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
Are we the only country that exited disgracefully? What about France and England? what have have the governments of these countries done to correct the anomaly?
that thing human beings dey call play, na death for frog country-oo. France is France, England is England. How many football fans died in these Euro countries, eh. Every country has it's peculiarities. Nigeria is simply Nigeria. Now where I don keep my vuvuzela, oya let's go see GJ. grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chemchi: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
Mr. President should comply
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nich(m): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
grin grin we go soon know who dey rule for naija!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by johncoco: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
well i think FIFA or whatever they call their self please leave us alone. let us re organise ourselve. afterall 900 million naira is not beans.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dTouch: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE WISER THAN GJ(DR. GOODLUCK JONATHAN) AND ALL HIS ADVISERS. YOU THINK THE PRESIDENT DID NOT PUT INTO CONSIDERATION THE IMPLICATION OF HIS ACTIONS BEFORE PLACING A BAN ON THE TEAM.
MY FRIEND, YOU DESERVE A VERY HOT SLAP FOR SAYING THE PRESIDENT (A PHD. HOLDER) AND ALL HIS ADVISERS ARE CONFUSED.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Again, wey dis vuvuzela? Ok, I've found jabulani.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dpresident(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2010
Asking FIFA to call the president of Nigeria to order is a great insult on the whole country. GJ should have use other means of punishement for the boys. But he rubber stampped the recommendation of a committee. A purnishement that will not affect the future of our football.

But having pronouced this as the president and GCON of Nigeria, he will insult the country Nigeria by yielding to ordinary FIFA threat and ultimatum. We shall look for diplomatic ways to get back into FIFA later. For now, let us countinue our local league and export as many boys as possible. When ever we want to play international matches, we will call them back and join the local boys.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Myself2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2010
[size=18pt]Or fu.c.k.ing what angry angry
Have we not banned ourselves already,Jonathan should've made it 4 years,then FIFA woulda been too stunned to issue silly ultimatums.
Well fu.c.k FIFA[/size]
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
[size=28pt]FIFA you fkced Up. Why dont you know whats going on in NFF? then you got to open your dirty mouth to ask that Nigerians shouldnt disband NFF. You guys are stupid. Or is it Adamu that has rogered you people? Jonathan disband the super stupid chickens and the Nigerian Federation of FOOLS! Bring back the glory days of 94 and 96. You are doing the right thing Jonathan. Nigerians may not see it now but our passion for the game will surely speak out and talents will alwways show theirselves, then we start building up the real super eagles. Shut the fcking NFF and disband all those fools. FIFA is stupid dont mind them. They dont know how 120 million nigerians feel about these nigerian federation of fools! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
Jonathan should put a call through to fifa and show Blatter how he(Blatter) has been aiding and abetting the thieves in NFF. He should also remind the idi^ot  on how we spent millions in hosting the under 17 last year with no one accounting for anything.He also should not forget to highlight how the NFF thieves defrauded Nigerians by inflating the salary of Lagarback so that they can share in it.
Then in a steady but stern voice, my President should tell Blatter to go jump into the atlantic ocean while on one of his trans-atlantic flights.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by sultan003(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
at d end nigerians will be the ones to suffer frm the effect of this useless politics. fifa no send us, they can afford 2 ban us 4 100 yrs and notin wil happen to their bank accounts, afterall how many sponsors can we attract in a match. the sponsors dat we managed to attract are already witdrawnin e.g coca cola and very soon addias and d rest. there are better tins the president needs 2 focus on.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dTouch: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
We have something more important to do in this country than answering FIFA.

Great Nigerians
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2010
[size=38pt]I think Jonathan is not interested in ESTACODE![/size]
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Puvguy: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2010
Jonathan was badly advised. Lets say we apply same logic to NEPA by suspending power supply for 2 years just to have it fixed. . .It's just folly.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by KnowAll(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
[size=14pt]Since 1994 when we had our best Eagles, what has Eagles done since then, a child born in 1995 will  know Eagles as a failed team that brings heart ache to Nigerians. Since we have not done anything spectacular in 16 years, If FIFA likes they can slam us for another 10 years, at least that will be less than the 16 years of toture being part of the FIFA Family.

To be sincere it will spear a lot of Nigerians heartache for some years, maybe more Nigerians might even live longer during the period of the ban,  it will be a good therapy for our nation, we can focus on those dire infrastrutural facilities that we need,  instead of watching some old men playing a young man's game.

We are calling your bluff Messers Blatter bring your 10 years ban on and safe us the anguish of the past 16 years.  tongue[/size]
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mamagee3(f): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2010
That's BS on my part!

Why should FIFA interfere? undecided

Do they know how many millions of Naira the country spent on sending those mofos to South Africa only for them to end up coming back home with 0 points? angry

I hope the Nigeria government ignores their worthless threat afterall if they suspend us, it shouldn't bother cause there are no good players to play.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Obalende: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
It is very interesting because I know that GJ will not yield - this is nigerian nature, we dont like to be proven wrong! But Its a step in the right direction, they play well for their european teams & mess up for nigeria. We really need a fifa ban - so we can develop our local league.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by lexyy: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
if the president have hthe interest of millions of ambitious , up and coming footballers in the country at heart
the tens of millions of passionate football fans in nigeria
he will rethink his decision
nigeria stands to lose alot
its like 140 million nigerians  sent into the wilderness for two years
this is our number one sport, and our emotion is being toyed with
mr presodent should pls have a rethink
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

Arrest and prosecute current NFF officials who embezzled money; invite more qualified candidates to run for office in the next elections; allow the FA of each state to vote openly on LIVE TV the candidate for which they voted

The last time , you called those that support the president's move fools but are you so dimwitted not to understand that all you highlighted above will be tantamount to "interference"(according to fifa) and would attract the same ban?
In case you dont have an inkling, the Minister met with FIFA officials after our ouster and intimated them of the massive waste and fraud in the NFF and how they need to probe the activities. What did the monster FIFA say? They chose to cover the criminals at NFF and warned the goverment of interference. What was the Government to do after that? Jonathan didnt just wake up and take the decision. Government had reached out to FIFA about our peculiar case before this decision but the corrupt FIFA(Note that Blatter is FIFA and FIFA is Blatter) would not hear of any probe.

You all should go siddon for corner jare .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

African Nations Cup Adjusted For Ramadan, To Begin On June 21 (PHOTO) / Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / Africa Cup Of Nations Equatorial Guinea 2015. The Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.