Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors (4281 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Bishop Sam Zuga: "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You and your God can keep your salvation.

People are suffering. People cannot eat. Yet one pastor wants to collect tithe from them and sell them salvation.

Nonsense

Excuse me, who is responsible for that?, God?. You can't be serious!. So all I have said so far doesn't make sense to you?. You can't be blaming God for the wrong things going on in the world!.

We have babalawos, Juju priests, charmers, magicians and scammers who parade around as men of God. The accuracy of their predictions and prophecies, and the fact that signs and wonders happen in their meetings does not guarantee that they are from God and for God. Moses's rode turned to snake by the power of God, so also the rod of pharaoh's magicians, but of cause the power of God overcame theirs. That's what is happening today too. If you allow what these people are doing to come between you and God, such that you now start seeing God as an indifferent person who doesn't care about us, then I can tell you that the devil would have succeeded in separating you from your maker.

I wish God would open your eyes for just few minutes so that you can see what it takes to keep men alive on earth. I assure you that, you will constantly be thanking God!. Sin gives Satan power over us, and God respects our choices, He never will force you.

My dear, even in the middle of tragedy, God is still faithful. Many people will apologies to God on the final day when they finally realise that some of the things that God allowed to happen, which didn't go down well with them, were actually for their own good.

But sicknesses and diseases and death and destruction and poverty and conflict are not God's makin, Sin is!, repent and receive Jesus Christ, so you can truly Live. If you want God to help you, it must be in His own terms not yours, you must sincerely and genuinely repent and come to Him, He doesn't need us,
but we need Him!, how do you treat someone like that, who is absolutely indispensable, someone who literally holds your life, yet chooses not to force you. He wants to restore all things, but you must decide.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
hahn:

Lol.

Summary: Still can't name any

Happy Sunday cheesy

As long as God can see them, you don't have any excuse. The diligent will see them. Shalom.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
LordReed:

Do you know the history of this Jesus you speak of? Do you know that the things written about him in the Bible were not written by people who were there? That it was written decades after the fact? By what means do you determine that what you believe is true?

Oh sorry!, all you need is a personal encounter with this Jesus Christ, and your life will never remain the same. I think you see the bible as a book of mere legend or history of dead men. Far from that!.

How can you really explain what you know that you know, but don't have the means if explaining it?.

It sounds stupid for me, and African, a Nigerian for that matter, to believe in someone who was born in Israel some years ago, who was reported to have been dead and risen again, and was said to have gone into heaven!. See, I will be frank with you, it sounds stupid and foolish, but dear, that us what God used to bring salvation to all mankind. That mystery cannot be expounded to you if you try to use human understanding to decode it. All you need to do, is to go to God in humility and sincerity, and really ask Him to show you the way, like He did to Saul who later became Paul. You see, Paul was a learned laywer, ordinarily the apostles can not stand him in argument about God. By logic and reasoning, Saul was very correct, but when he encountered Jesus Christ along the way, he realised he was all along working against God.

My dear, as stupid as the while bible story may sound in the ear, it is very real and accurate. One truth is, the more you draw close to God, the more of Himself He reveals to you, no one can know all if Him, neither can you explain Him from the outside, that's not possible. You can't just read the bible and understand it, what you think you understand will be flowed. It begins with a genuine and sincere desire for God through Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

My dear, what I now know goes beyond what my pastor said, or what one man of God said, I know this fora personal knowing that God exist and that the bible is real. Otherwise, I would have been dead long ago, because a time came when all I could depend on to survive was the word of God, if it were fake or made up, ah, I would have long died.

The bible is not a book of comical stories made up by someone. It's real and effective. It is God's manual for the Salvation of all mankind. Shalom
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
Primesky:

Oh sorry!, all you need is a personal encounter with this Jesus Christ, and your life will never remain the same. I think you see the bible as a book of mere legend or history of dead men. Far from that!.

How can you really explain what you know that you know, but don't have the means if explaining it?.

It sounds stupid for me, and African, a Nigerian for that matter, to believe in someone who was born in Israel some years ago, who was reported to have been dead and risen again, and was said to have gone into heaven!. See, I will be frank with you, it sounds stupid and foolish, but dear, that us what God used to bring salvation to all mankind. That mystery cannot be expounded to you if you try to use human understanding to decode it. All you need to do, is to go to God in humility and sincerity, and really ask Him to show you the way, like He did to Saul who later became Paul. You see, Paul was a learned laywer, ordinarily the apostles can not stand him in argument about God. By logic and reasoning, Saul was very correct, but when he encountered Jesus Christ along the way, he realised he was all along working against God.

My dear, as stupid as the while bible story may sound in the ear, it is very real and accurate. One truth is, the more you draw close to God, the more of Himself He reveals to you, no one can know all if Him, neither can you explain Him from the outside, that's not possible. You can't just read the bible and understand it, what you think you understand will be flowed. It begins with a genuine and sincere desire for God through Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

My dear, what I now know goes beyond what my pastor said, or what one man of God said, I know this fora personal knowing that God exist and that the bible is real. Otherwise, I would have been dead long ago, because a time came when all I could depend on to survive was the word of God, if it were fake or made up, ah, I would have long died.

The bible is not a book of comical stories made up by someone. It's real and effective. It is God's manual for the Salvation of all mankind. Shalom

At least you acknowledge that it sounds stupid but why you'd choose to continue to believe a stupid story that was cobbled together by some religious priests looking to gain an edge is something I think you should consider carefully. There is no objective evidence, personal encounter with Jesus? Did you see him or you felt him? Ever seen an angel?

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
CodeTemplar:
If a pastor criminalizes on yahoo boy why would that yahoo boy refer other yahoo boys to him? Think humbly and stop trying to garner likes and shares childishly.

So he won't do the right thing and report these ppl to the right authorities just because he doesn't want to loose customers?

You just proved the OP right

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nailed it OP
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Primesky:

There are many of them. It's either you're looking in the wrong direction, or you are simply biased.

But either way, that's not an excuse to not believe in Jesus Christ and obey His word. They make their choices and you make yours, in the end, everybody will will give account of those choices and receive the consequences.

My dear you are waffling!

How hard can it be to name real pastors? What happened to ur holy spirit of discernment?

You might actually be helping a few souls you know?

Jheez!
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by hahn(m): 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
Primesky:

As long as God can see them, you don't have any excuse. The diligent will see them. Shalom.

Summary: Still can't name any but I have to resort to gibberish so I totally don't seem dumb cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
hahn:

Summary: Still can't name any but I have to resort to gibberish so I totally don't seem dumb cheesy

Lmaaoo my broda. We have a new felix0mor
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
1Sharon:

Lmaaoo my broda. We have a new felixomor

Lol.....where is felixomor sef?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 12:06am On Sep 20, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Lol.....where is felixomor sef?

He'll pop up soon grin
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by CAPSLOCKED: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
Primesky:

PLEASE BUDAATUM I'M TIRED OF SEEING THIS GUY IN MY "SHARED".

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by CAPSLOCKED: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
JeromeBlack:

People are suffering. People cannot eat. Yet one pastor wants to collect tithe from them and sell them salvation.

Nonsense

ITS EITHER THAT OR THEY'RE GOING TO HELL.

-THE LORD, GOD.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
Primesky:

Excuse me, who is responsible for that?, God?. You can't be serious!. So all I have said so far doesn't make sense to you?. You can't be blaming God for the wrong things going on in the world!.

We have babalawos, Juju priests, charmers, magicians and scammers who parade around as men of God. The accuracy of their predictions and prophecies, and the fact that signs and wonders happen in their meetings does not guarantee that they are from God and for God. Moses's rode turned to snake by the power of God, so also the rod of pharaoh's magicians, but of cause the power of God overcame theirs. That's what is happening today too. If you allow what these people are doing to come between you and God, such that you now start seeing God as an indifferent person who doesn't care about us, then I can tell you that the devil would have succeeded in separating you from your maker.

I wish God would open your eyes for just few minutes so that you can see what it takes to keep men alive on earth. I assure you that, you will constantly be thanking God!. Sin gives Satan power over us, and God respects our choices, He never will force you.

My dear, even in the middle of tragedy, God is still faithful. Many people will apologies to God on the final day when they finally realise that some of the things that God allowed to happen, which didn't go down well with them, were actually for their own good.

But sicknesses and diseases and death and destruction and poverty and conflict are not God's makin, Sin is!, repent and receive Jesus Christ, so you can truly Live. If you want God to help you, it must be in His own terms not yours, you must sincerely and genuinely repent and come to Him, He doesn't need us,
but we need Him!, how do you treat someone like that, who is absolutely indispensable, someone who literally holds your life, yet chooses not to force you. He wants to restore all things, but you must decide.

Oga, Nigerians have been christians for almost a century. Look how far we have progressed. Religion has not helped Nigeria.

God is as useless as a spare tyre on a boat.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ITS EITHER THAT OR THEY'RE GOING TO HELL.

-THE LORD, GOD.

One wonders if God is desperate for money given the amount churches collect in his holy name grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2018
JeromeBlack:

One wonders if God is desperate for money given the amount churches collect in his holy name grin grin

A god that invented everything o. What does he need paper money for?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
1Sharon:

A god that invented everything o. What does he need paper money for?

As in, don't people realise how like babalawos these churches are? Collecting money for the blessings of god.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Oga, Nigerians have been christians for almost a century. Look how far we have progressed. Religion has not helped Nigeria.

God is as useless as a spare tyre on a boat.

May God have mercy on you. Look at how ungrateful you are?. Christianity is not the problem, neither is it your problem. Christianity is not a religion. Yes, it's true some con men have taken advantage of the liberty Jesus Christ brought to us to deceive others, the very thing He warned us against.

It is absolutely disrespectful for you to make such a foolish statement against God.

I respect the patience and love of God, otherwise you won't live a day more!. It is foolishness to joke about what you don't know. Even Satan himself will not try the nonsense you said.

Note, if God is what you said, you do not exist!. F you exist,then God is wiser than all because the small brain and sense with which you use to attack His majesty, was given you by him. Who then needs who?.

Repent from this madness!.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PLEASE BUDAATUM I'M TIRED OF SEEING THIS GUY IN MY "SHARED".

grin Tell me, foes the truth hurt?.

The truth may hurt you, shake you and even destabilize you before it heals and position you. If you're honest with yourself, you will cherish the truth.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 9:09am On Sep 23, 2018
hahn:

But is it wise to resort to gibberish, isn't that itself dumb?. If you say there are no good pastors, that also means there are no good people, not even one person, including you.

But the truth is, there are many good Christians and pastors, because God keeps such by Himself, else the whole world would have collapsed. Be thankful that we have faithful Christians praying all over the world.

Repent and be saved.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2018
1Sharon:

My dear you are waffling!

How hard can it be to name real pastors? What happened to ur holy spirit of discernment?

You might actually be helping a few souls you know?

Jheez!

Don't you know what is good?. Why should you blame some else?. What Jesus said is, by there fruit you shall know them.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by CAPSLOCKED: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2018
Primesky:

grin Tell me, foes the truth hurt?.

The truth may hurt you, shake you and even destabilize you before it heals and position you. If you're honest with yourself, you will cherish the truth.

THE TRUTH MIGHT HURT BUT YOUR STUPIDITY CAN CAUSE CANCER.
PLEASE GO FAR FROM ME.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Glink2018(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Nonsense

If you like repent , and if you like don't repent.
Like other believers, our own responsibility is to let you know the truth about life and teach you ways to leave a holy and santify life. And it is your own responsibility to believe and do or reject and condemn.
But it is in the records that you have been told.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by 1Sharon(f): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
Primesky:

Don't you know what is good?. Why should you blame some else?. What Jesus said is, by there fruit you shall know them.

Who exactly did I blame? undecided
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2018
Glink2018:

If you like repent , and if you like don't repent.
Like other believers, our own responsibility is to let you know the truth about life and teach you ways to leave a holy and santify life. And it is your own responsibility to believe and do or reject and condemn.
But it is in the records that you have been told.

And if you didnt tell me, it would have been okay for me to continue blaspheming? See how silly religious logic is?

Repent from what? A sensible and honest life? Most atheists live better lives than majority of christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
Primesky:

May God have mercy on you. Look at how ungrateful you are?. Christianity is not the problem, neither is it your problem. Christianity is not a religion. Yes, it's true some con men have taken advantage of the liberty Jesus Christ brought to us to deceive others, the very thing He warned us against.

It is absolutely disrespectful for you to make such a foolish statement against God.

I respect the patience and love of God, otherwise you won't live a day more!. It is foolishness to joke about what you don't know. Even Satan himself will not try the nonsense you said.

Note, if God is what you said, you do not exist!. F you exist,then God is wiser than all because the small brain and sense with which you use to attack His majesty, was given you by him. Who then needs who?.

Repent from this madness!.

This God that you are talking about, what do you really know about him?

Do you know what he looks like? No
Do you know what his voice sounds like? No
Do you know where he comes from? No
Do you know what his touch feels like? No

In short, you want me to respect a God that you know nothing about!
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by iamphenomenal(m): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
another species of baboon

don't judge every other pastors, they're not like yours
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
iamphenomenal:
another species of baboon

don't judge every other pastors, they're not like yours

You seem to worship your own pastor.

Don't be a slave

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
JeromeBlack:

This God that you are talking about, what do you really know about him?

Do you know what he looks like? No
Do you know what his voice sounds like? No
Do you know where he comes from? No
Do you know what his touch feels like? No

In short, you want me to respect a God that you know nothing about!

Hmm...If I tell you yes now, you will mock and sneer. But because you haven't seen Him physically like Thomas, that's why you doubt His existence, right?.

I wonder if you believe you have a mind, have you ever seen your mind, but you believe it.

Now to your question, God is real, Jesus Christ is real and the Holy Spirit is real!. I do not believe in God sorly because some persons in clerical collar told me so, I do because, I as a person AFTER I believed the report of the bible and the messengers of God, did have a personal encounters with God, that have continued till now.

God is real, talks with us, guides us, warns and delivers us from danger. Most importantly, He forgives us our sins and puts us right. A man who haven't had an encounter with God can not understand just how sweet knowing and walking with God can be.

The sweetest moments with Him is in the place of private worship and prayers. You start, you just don't want to go or stop, such sweetness you never experience anywhere else, it just flows unending. And when you do get up, you rise with ideas that leave people amazed at you, you rise with solutions and guidance for that day. I really feel for those who still doubt this God. The issue is, you can never bring Him to act on your own terms. It's believe and you will receive, see and have. But we tend to want to see and touch first before we believe, now that's the problem.

God is a person, He can be your personal friend and person, a Father like no other to you, if only you will accept Him as one.

Jesus lives you.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
1Sharon:

Who exactly did I blame? undecided

Oh boy!, understand the english. It's futuristic!, I didn't say you blamed anybody.

It's like saying, tell me who to marry because I can't seem to find a good girl or a good man, and when asked why, you say because they're all mad and stupid.

That can't be accepted because there are alot of good ladies and gentle men around. You look out and decide for yourself. My pick for you, may not be your delight. If that happens and issues arise tomorrow, as is the case with human relationships, you will quickly blame me, just as Adam blamed God. So, I said, you look out for yourself and choose, and I said there are many to choose from in the midst of the bad eggs.

May God guide you because you surely need a mentor.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE TRUTH MIGHT HURT BUT YOUR STUPIDITY CAN CAUSE CANCER.
PLEASE GO FAR FROM ME.

I forgive you. I will recommend you to see the Savior Jesus Christ urgently, so that He can remove this bitterness and hurt you have inside. I am not your problem at all. I only offer you help by pointing out the direction for you. You have the right of refusal. So please be civil and human, if you think you are.

Once again as someone who cares for your soul, I advice you to urgently seek the Lords mercy and pardon, so that you can be saved. Do not realise your mistake rather too late a time.

May God save your soul.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 7:37am On Oct 01, 2018
Primesky:

Hmm...If I tell you yes now, you will mock and sneer. But because you haven't seen Him physically like Thomas, that's why you doubt His existence, right?.

I wonder if you believe you have a mind, have you ever seen your mind, but you believe it.

Now to your question, God is real, Jesus Christ is real and the Holy Spirit is real!. I do not believe in God sorly because some persons in clerical collar told me so, I do because, I as a person AFTER I believed the report of the bible and the messengers of God, did have a personal encounters with God, that have continued till now.

God is real, talks with us, guides us, warns and delivers us from danger. Most importantly, He forgives us our sins and puts us right. A man who haven't had an encounter with God can not understand just how sweet knowing and walking with God can be.

The sweetest moments with Him is in the place of private worship and prayers. You start, you just don't want to go or stop, such sweetness you never experience anywhere else, it just flows unending. And when you do get up, you rise with ideas that leave people amazed at you, you rise with solutions and guidance for that day. I really feel for those who still doubt this God. The issue is, you can never bring Him to act on your own terms. It's believe and you will receive, see and have. But we tend to want to see and touch first before we believe, now that's the problem.

God is a person, He can be your personal friend and person, a Father like no other to you, if only you will accept Him as one.

Jesus lives you.

You know that you are talking rubbish. If you have seen God yourself, you wouldnt be writing all these epistles. You would be telling me what he looks like and what he sounds like.

My guy, I dont waste time with invisible people. I'm too old to be believing in fairy tales and invisible sky daddies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom / How Often Do You Read Your Bible? / The Solution To The Problems Of This World Is Adoption Of A True Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.