Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors (4288 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Bishop Sam Zuga: "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You know that you are talking rubbish. If you have seen God yourself, you wouldnt be writing all these epistles. You would be telling me what he looks like and what he sounds like.

My guy, I dont waste time with invisible people. I'm too old to be believing in fairy tales and invisible sky daddies

Lol at a small boy saying he's too old, what do you know, or what have you seen. Just for the brief existence God has allowed you on His earth, you're making a noise. What do you know?!. Be humble and learn. God reveals Himself to the humble.

A lion and a sheep are never the same you know?. What is meat for one is not for the other, and that's how it will be for those who are yet to be born again.

The bible said, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, all things are past away, behold all the things are become new.

The qustion is, those who are not in Christ,what kind of creatures are they?. That's why the things of God will appear and sound foolish and rubbish to some persons. But thanks be to God, who has graciously made a way to change us from people who reason foolishly to those who see things the way He sees.

God is real. If you are waiting to see Him the way He is before you believe, then know for sure you will surely see Him someday. Only pray you survive it. Because that's not the standard He set.

He said this is the way you should go, you said no, this is the way I want to go. At the end of the day, you will have to prove your wisdom before Him.

It is crass foolishness for a mortal to question his maker. May God have mercy.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
JeromeBlack:

You should also be able to see that one profession is more criminal than the other
Ahhh, who cares!? It's not as if they putting their dirty fingers in our pockets, na we empty our purses in their hands on our knees begging them to take it please, even!

Gave me laugh you did, but I swear to god, only fools don't become pastors!
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:

Yes there are sincere pastors but they are sincerely "fake" because all religion is "fake".
How is all religion "fake"?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
JeromeBlack:

They are all fake. Until I see a pastor that truly loves for the masses, I will continue to say that they are faje
For research into my new profession, what would you need to see to accept that a "pastor truly loves the masses"?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 5:41am On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

It's all "fake" for 2 reasons:

1. Beliefs may be sincerely held but being based on unproven, untestable, lack of readily available evidence, they are built on very faulty foundations.

2. Given 1 above one must still allow that there is diminishing possibility that a god exists and wants to be worshipped in all the peculiar ways men have devised.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

1. Beliefs may be sincerely held but being based on unproven, untestable, lack of readily available evidence, they are built on very faulty foundations.

2. Given 1 above one must still allow that there is diminishing possibility that a god exists and wants to be worshipped in all the peculiar ways men have devised.
I do not think this answers my question, Lord! I did not ask about 'belief', or "god", or "worship".

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

I do not think this answers my question, Lord! I did not ask about 'belief', or "god", or "worship".

Religion arises because of belief does it not?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

I don't think so. "Religion" sure isn't "belief", least not as far as I know.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

I don't think so. "Religion" sure isn't "belief", least not as far as I know.

So from what does religion arise from?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

Practise perhaps, repetition, code of behaviour, set of doctrines, stories, myths, ritual etc.

Religion is a word which refers to approaches to human spirituality which usually encompass a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, which give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power or truth. It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience. The term "religion" refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

Practise perhaps, repetition, code of behaviour, set of doctrines, stories, myths, ritual etc.

Religion is a word which refers to approaches to human spirituality which usually encompass a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, which give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power or truth. It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience. The term "religion" refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction.

Is tennis religion? Is football religion? Even the definition you posted has belief in it as one of the key components so I am not sure why you are nitpicking.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

Is tennis religion? Is football religion? Even the definition you posted has belief in it as one of the key components so I am not sure why you are nitpicking.
Tennis can be religion. Football very well is religion for some, in my opinion. They both can be based on and or involve beliefs. But belief being a component does not necessarily define religion, as you claimed.

P.s. I am nitpicking to flesh out understanding and feel you can assist with so doing. Please don't mistake it for arguing.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
Have you heard of preppers? There also called survivalists, who practise survivalism. It is based on beliefs, as you say, despite not having a deity, I would call it religion. I'd also say Scientology is a religion, as is Pastafarianism if taken seriously. I've recently decided to become a pastor myself, of atheism, without a deity, but religionised all the same.

It's why I ask, why is all religion fake?

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
Primesky:

While I will not dispute the fact that there are fake pastors and fake prophets, the fact remains that there are still real pastors and prophets today. So, in addressing the pastors, clear distinction must be made. There is no way a thief, cheat and swindler can be better than a born again pastor.

Besides, what you said now, is subtly encouraging criminality whether you know it or not!. Yahoo yahoo is evil and criminal and remains so for all ages. Fake pastors are not pastors, they were not called by God, and should not be roped into God's activities. They are thieves disguised as pastors.
you are right, you should also bear it in mind that majority of the pastors in nigeria portray the attributes of being fake.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

Tennis can be religion. Football very well is religion for some, in my opinion. They both can be based on and or involve beliefs. But belief being a component does not necessarily define religion, as you claimed.

P.s. I am nitpicking to flesh out understanding and feel you can assist with so doing. Please don't mistake it for arguing.

budaatum:

The term "religion" refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction.

I don't know how you can read the above that yourself posted and say belief does not define religion. If there is no shared conviction or communal faith then that thing is not a religion. Football is not a religion because it lacks the component of belief.

Take meaning from what you posted and apply it to my reply, I think you will understand it that way.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:
Have you heard of preppers? There also called survivalists, who practise survivalism. It is based on beliefs, as you say, despite not having a deity, I would call it religion. I'd also say Scientology is a religion, as is Pastafarianism if taken seriously. I've recently decided to become a pastor myself, of atheism, without a deity, but religionised all the same.

It's why I ask, why is all religion fake?

Now you are deliberately conflating issues and you are just being mischievous, as though you do not understand what I mean by religion.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

I don't know how you can read the above that yourself posted and say belief does not define religion. If there is no shared conviction or communal faith then that thing is not a religion. Football is not a religion because it lacks the component of belief.

Take meaning from what you posted and apply it to my reply, I think you will understand it that way.
I have accepted your definition, though I think its rather simplistic. My research however collaborates what you say, so I concede that point and have shown examples that agree with you.

Now, how about it all being fake? Is it any faker than Aesop Fables perhaps or Arabian Nights?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

I have accepted your definition, though I think its rather simplistic. My research however collaborates what you say, so I concede that point and have shown examples that agree with you.

Now, how about it all being fake? Is it any faker than Aesop Fables perhaps or Arabian Nights?

On the same level except of course it has now been incorporated into the lives and daily routine of the believers. Imagine genuflecting before the shrine of the blessed tortoise that beat the hare in a race or before a bottle that is said to contain a genie.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

On the same level except of course it has now been incorporated into the lives and daily routine of the believers. Imagine genuflecting before the shrine of the blessed tortoise that beat the hare in a race or before a bottle that is said to contain a genie.
It would be odd, but genuflecting is not the only form of worship (we have included 'belief'). I may have some beliefs that make the shrine of the tortoise or bottle that makes me worship them (yuk!). Say, I got some profound understanding from them, that could do it.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by MuttleyLaff: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

LordReed:

budaatum:
I do not think this answers my question, Lord!
I did not ask about
'belief', or "god", or "worship".

I wish I could see you now, and rub your chubby ebony face together and plant a kiss on it

LordReed:

budaatum:
I don't think so.
"Religion" sure isn't "belief", least not as far as I know.
I agree totally with this comment without demur
"Religion" correctly and surely, isn't "belief", and it surely doesnt arise because of "belief"

LordReed:
Religion, that is true, that is pure, that is undefiled, that is faultless, arises from compassion, empathy, sympathy, consideration for others and sensitiveness

budaatum:
You nailed it with "practise"
I now am strongerly wishing I could see you, and rub your chubby ebony face together and plant kisses on each cheek

budaatum:
Religion is a word which refers to approaches to human spirituality which usually encompass a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, which give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power or truth.
It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things.
It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle.
Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience.
The term "religion" refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction.
This is an academic/wikiquote definition

In the purest and an oversimple way,
religion that is pure, true and undefiled, is activity arising out from having compassion, empathy, sympathy, kindness, consideration for others genuine concern for others and sensitiveness

LordReed:
Is tennis religion? Is football religion?
Even the definition you posted has belief in it as one of the key components so I am not sure why you are nitpicking.
Tennis is religion and football is a religion too

budaatum:
Tennis can be religion. Football very well is religion for some, in my opinion.
They both can be based on and or involve beliefs.
But belief being a component does not necessarily define religion, as you claimed.

P.S. I am nitpicking to flesh out understanding and feel you can assist with so doing.
Please don't mistake it for arguing
I am still trying to understand how some often miscontrue discoursing for arguing

LordReed:
I don't know how you can read the above that yourself posted and say belief does not define religion. If there is no shared conviction or communal faith then that thing is not a religion.
Football is not a religion because it lacks the component of belief.

That's why I called his definition an acdemic/wikiquote one

budaatum:
I have accepted your definition, though I think its rather simplistic.
My research however collaborates what you say, so I concede that point and have shown examples that agree with you.

Now, how about it all being fake?
Is it any faker than Aesop Fables perhaps or Arabian Nights?
Ah-ha, like religion can be fake?
Like religion can be full of faults, faulty, false, defiled, ruined, mucked up?

LordReed:
On the same level except of course it has now been incorporated into the lives and daily routine of the believers.
Imagine genuflecting before the shrine of the blessed tortoise that beat the hare in a race or before a bottle that is said to contain a genie

budaatum:
It would be odd,
but genuflecting is not the only form of worship (we have included 'belief').
I may have some beliefs that make the shrine of the tortoise or bottle that makes me worship them (yuk!).
Say, I got some profound understanding from them, that could do it.
Realy odd indeed.
That wouldnt be a wise thing to do
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 1:19am On Oct 03, 2018
budaatum:

It would be odd, but genuflecting is not the only form of worship (we have included 'belief'). I may have some beliefs that make the shrine of the tortoise or bottle that makes me worship them (yuk!). Say, I got some profound understanding from them, that could do it.

Why does anything need worship?
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by MuttleyLaff: 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
budaatum:
It would be odd, but genuflecting is not the only form of worship (we have included 'belief').
I may have some beliefs that make the shrine of the tortoise or bottle that makes me worship them (yuk!).
Say, I got some profound understanding from them, that could do it.

LordReed:
because whatever that anything is, is worth the worship

It's interesting that budaatum,
toyed with the idea that the shrine of the tortoise or bottle is worthy of worship cos of "beliefs" but then throws up in disgust at the thought.
He does concede though, that, if its a matter of, he got some profound understanding from them, then it likely will propel him to worship them
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2018
LordReed:

Nothing needs worship. Anything that claims to need worshipping is worshipped because of the anthropomorphism of that which is worshipped or a complete lack of understanding.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

because whatever that anything is, is worth the worship

It's interesting that budaatum,
toyed with the idea that the shrine of the tortoise or bottle is worthy of worship cos of "beliefs" but then throws up in disgust at the thought.
He does concede though, that, if its a matter of, he got some profound understanding from them, then it likely will propel him to worship them
Profound, but mistaken. My showerhead once told me I was a perfectionist but since I was not perfect yet, I wouldn't do anything. I argued with it, but on realising what was meant and how profound showerhead was being, I freed myself from perfectionism, but I did not then start worshipping the profound showerhead!
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by mystiquerebirth(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2018
JeromeBlack:

The fact that Yahoo boys run to pastors (rather than reporting themselves to police) shows that pastors are bigger crimina...........

A very stupid thread by a confused fellow
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2018
mystiquerebirth:

A very stupid thread by a confused fellow

Let me guess, you are a religious fanatic that doesn't understand sarcasm.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2018
Primesky:

Lol at a small boy saying he's too old, what do you know, or what have you seen. Just for the brief existence God has allowed you on His earth, you're making a noise. What do you know?!. Be humble and learn. God reveals Himself to the humble.

A lion and a sheep are never the same you know?. What is meat for one is not for the other, and that's how it will be for those who are yet to be born again.

The bible said, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, all things are past away, behold all the things are become new.

The qustion is, those who are not in Christ,what kind of creatures are they?. That's why the things of God will appear and sound foolish and rubbish to some persons. But thanks be to God, who has graciously made a way to change us from people who reason foolishly to those who see things the way He sees.

God is real. If you are waiting to see Him the way He is before you believe, then know for sure you will surely see Him someday. Only pray you survive it. Because that's not the standard He set.

He said this is the way you should go, you said no, this is the way I want to go. At the end of the day, you will have to prove your wisdom before Him.

It is crass foolishness for a mortal to question his maker. May God have mercy.

I have been a Christian, a Muslim and now, an atheist.

You have only been a Christian. You know nothing

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by LordReed(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2018
budaatum:

Profound, but mistaken. My showerhead once told me I was a perfectionist but since I was not perfect yet, I wouldn't do anything. I argued with it, but on realising what was meant and how profound showerhead was being, I freed myself from perfectionism, but I did not then start worshipping the profound showerhead!

Shrine of the Wise Showerhead. LMFAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by budaatum: 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
LordReed:

Shrine of the Wise Showerhead. LMFAO!
Wouldn't that be funny. O Showerhead, blessed art though among gods. Yet most gods are no different to my showerhead with which I had a fifteen minute argument. It was a profound revelation about my nature too, which when the showerhead made me realise, changed my life in such a way that it wouldn't be wrong to claim the showerhead saved me. Eventually, I didn't even need to be in the shower for its head to minister the to me as it seemed to follow me everywhere I went and be full of knowledge and wisdom too.

I tell you that if I it wouldn't have been wrong to have worshipped that showerhead. It at least communicated with me directly.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I have been a Christian, a Muslim and now, an atheist.

You have only been a Christian. You know nothing

SMH. Just that?. You've been a Christian, a Muslim, an atheist. Hmm... Impressive CV. So tell me, what do you know?. How old are you?. All your experiences combined, how long have you experienced what it is you've experienced?.

See, let me tell you. We all are still learning about this great God. No angel knows everything about God, they like us, are learning about Him everyday, despite being in existence before us. So, what do you know?.

If you're left alone with Satan, or even his least ranking fallen angel companion to argue a point, they individually will floor and disgrace you. Imagine, they believe in the existence of God and really fear Him but you don't!. So what do you know?.

How well do you now the oceans God made?. How well have you traveled across the Cosmos the almighty made?. How well do you know your own very body?.

What do you know?.

Scientists and discoverers have not stopped discovering more things God made, so what have you really seen?.

Scientists are constantly updating and changing their stand about what they think they know exist with knew discoveries. So who are you and what do you know?.

So you're telling me now that all these things, as ordered and unique as they are, came out of nothing, fixed themselves together, established laws for themselves and have continued till now in perfect order by themselves?. Please can you replicate that in your house?.

What is the idea behind 'cause and effect' theory?. So what caused everything to come about since there is no God?. Please tell me. Thank you.
Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by JeromeBlack: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
Primesky:

SMH. Just that?. You've been a Christian, a Muslim, an atheist. Hmm... Impressive CV. So tell me, what do you know?. How old are you?. All your experiences combined, how long have you experienced what it is you've experienced?.

See, let me tell you. We all are still learning about this great God. No angel knows everything about God, they like us, are learning about Him everyday, despite being in existence before us. So, what do you know?.

If you're left alone with Satan, or even his least ranking fallen angel companion to argue a point, they individually will floor and disgrace you. Imagine, they believe in the existence of God and really fear Him but you don't!. So what do you know?.

How well do you now the oceans God made?. How well have you traveled across the Cosmos the almighty made?. How well do you know your own very body?.

What do you know?.

Scientists and discoverers have not stopped discovering more things God made, so what have you really seen?.

Scientists are constantly updating and changing their stand about what they think they know exist with knew discoveries. So who are you and what do you know?.

So you're telling me now that all these things, as ordered and unique as they are, came out of nothing, fixed themselves together, established laws for themselves and have continued till now in perfect order by themselves?. Please can you replicate that in your house?.

What is the idea behind 'cause and effect' theory?. So what caused everything to come about since there is no God?. Please tell me. Thank you.

Your questions make no sense.

First, if you apply cause and effect to God, you would realise that something had to cause/create God.

Secondly, ignorance is not an argument. You cannot argue that God exists since we do not know everything in the cosmos.

Satan does not exist and neither does God. Stop believing in imaginary things. You are a Nigerian. After all your prayers has Nigeria changed for the better?

1 Like

Re: Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors by Primesky(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Your questions make no sense.

First, if you apply cause and effect to God, you would realise that something had to cause/create God.

Secondly, ignorance is not an argument. You cannot argue that God exists since we do not know everything in the cosmos.

Satan does not exist and neither does God. Stop believing in imaginary things. You are a Nigerian. After all your prayers has Nigeria changed for the better?

I think I believe the bible. The bible said, only a fool says there is no God. Who am I to think otherwise. Such have existed right from the beginning.

God cannot not be subjected to the limitations of man. What makes God almighty is because He is self existent, untreated and Ominificient.

God exit and Satan exist also. If light and darkness exist and life and death exist, take a clue from there and learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

America, The LovePeddler Of Babylon? Repent And Seek God For Mercy! / What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? / Does The Soul Differs From The Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.