Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians (5097 Views)

No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 2:29am On Jul 16, 2010
GBawe and Co,

I have followed your writings about the corrupt nature of Nigeria, your defence of Kenyan education system by citing Ngugi Wa Thiongo and perhaps I may add Ngugi Wa Miiri. It is obvious that Kenyans as well as Nigerians are a product of the same British colonial educational system. Bearing the same heritage makes it more necessary for us to deal with our own post colonial problems in the African way.

We do not need foreign solutions, we need to look to Africa to solve our African problems. It was okay to blame the British or the west in 1960's, but today we must rise beyond the blame cards and face our own music.

What I'm saying is that the compus that Chinua Achebe brings and many Kenyan authors bring immediately after independence can and are good classics of African literature, but NOW we need to move beyond this literature of BLAME of the west on politics, faith, and values education to creating our own home made systems that work and emulate our African image.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by THEAMAKA(f): 4:40am On Jul 16, 2010
kenyaman:

The Amaka

You are commenting but not responding to the issue at hand. We know that most Nigerians will agree with me that politicians in Nigeria are very corrupt than the Kenyan Politicians. Having said all this which is supported by by Nigerian sources, I am quick to say that Kenyan politicians are also corrupt though in variation of degree.

The question we must address is:

What can we the citizens of the African commonwealth of Nations do?

Kenyaman
BLAH!!!
we know the Nigerian government is corrupt. WE HEAR IT EVERYDAY!
yes we can discuss it times without number, but for what?
mentioning it everyday will do nothing in Aso Rock.
so i suggest you go back to your side of the continent and figure out your own problems instead of butting in over here talking about "Nigerian politicians are MORE CORRUPT than Kenyan politicians." ? ? ? ? undecided
at the end of the day they are all corrupt and talking about it for the umpteenth time will not solve anything.
good-bye.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2010
AMAKA,

My dear sister of our blessed Commonwealth of Nations,

The very paragraph you lifted has the answer to your question. There has been more issue raising but less response thinking. Now we need not only to ask questions, BUT post our SOLUTIONS to this huge problem of Corruption.

I know you may think that if you post your SOLUTION, Nigerian leaders will not listen. This may be the case, but new Nigerians will utilize the collective wisdom of the SOLUTIONS you post to further our agenda of getting ride of corruption across the Continent of Africa.

No idea, my sisters and brothers over in Nigeria, parents and comrades across distant lands of the commonwealth of African nations, is too small to solve our collective problem of CORRUPTION.

YES WE CAN GET RIDE OF CORRUPTION in AFRICA and this includes NIGERIA and Kenya.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2010
I daresay, I find this kenyaman more articulate and pragmatic than most of our well-read NL contributors. grin
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2010
Ajalenkoko,

I deeply appreciate your kind remarks. I as well know of very informed writers such as Chinua Achebe. Things Fall Apart. Such writers from within the continent, along with many other African and Caribean writer have taught me to appreciate the depth and wisdom that comes from our continent. We need solutions born from our mother lands not from alien continents of the world.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2010
Sorry for the error above.

Should have read: I very well know, etc
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Onlytruth(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
Damn! is this thread still here? shocked

Where are the moderators?

It should be moved to the International Politics section.

There is no Kenyan enclave inside Nigerian sovereign territory.

Please move urgently.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 19, 2010
Kenyaman

Perhaps you might find the link below to be more worthy of your time rather than this forum

NL is for Nigerians and f[b]riends[/b] of Nigeria

stay well brother!

http://www.mashada.com/forums/kenya/129244-these-people-giving-kenya-bad-name-abroad.html
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Kenyaman

Perhaps you might find the link below to be more worthy of your time rather than this forum

NL is for Nigerians and f[b]riends[/b] of Nigeria

stay well brother!

http://www.mashada.com/forums/kenya/129244-these-people-giving-kenya-bad-name-abroad.html

The only reason they come on NL is because their websites are dead and boring. I doubt he'll go to that website.

From Kenya to S. A to Ethiopia.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 2:19am On Jul 19, 2010
Dear writer,

You have missed the whole point of my discourse in the political forum. I am not in any way implying that the street of Nairobi or Mombasa Kenya are evil free. Neither I'm I suggesting that the jails in Nairobi are empty or Lagos Nigeria are empty because the civilian populations in both Nations are heaven bound by virtue that they are not politicians.

On the contrary, I know there is immorality and evil in all nations of Africa, but thus not our focus in this topic. Our focus and only focus is that of POLITICIANS. You do well to stay in topic and contribute intelligently.

I look forward to rational contribution to the topic of Corruption in Nigerian and /or Kenyan politicians in the future.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 19, 2010
Yawnnnn awwwwn.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
Jonnie/Google

I have noted your views. Will answer in detail.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
Kuntamana,

"Dede" in my own dialect ans some Igbo dialect in Nigeria. I can understand your view point fully, but we cannot run away with the noise and leave this problem of corruption of our politicians alone. While it is true that Nigerian politicians are more corrupt than Kenyan politicians, Kenya on the other hand has its politicians corrupt as well.

What we need to do, is to put our powerful ideas together on how we can correct the course of our commonwealth of Nations. This issue must be dealt with in all African nations for our people particularly the poor to experience upward mobility.

Send me your solution ideas

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
Amanka,

Please do not give up, give me a list of your best ideas on how to get ride of corruption. "He or she is no fool who gives what they cannot keep to gain what whey cannot loose."

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
Alelkoko

I find your comments very inspiring and I believe that in ideas you contribute on getting ride of corruption in the continent of Africa will be very powerful and a remedy that African awaits in our life time.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
Onytruth,

You know that there is no truth in what you are saying in Nigeria. I believe that the foreign embassies are all over the map in Nigeria. This means we cannot just assume that all foreign people coming to Nairaland will settle in the Political Nation.

It may be the case that it would be too much for the aliens to settle where there is no audience that is serious about SOLUTIONS.

Please join me in giving a list of SOLUTIONS to get ride of CORRUPTION in both Nigeria and Kenya.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2010
Jonnie, Google and Onye,

I am very much aware of your skepticism regarding my genuine desire to get to the bottom of corruption by tapping into the best minds like yours to deal with a very profound problem in Nigeria and Kenya namely "CORRUPTION".

You are well served to use this opportunity to list all possible ways to ride our nations of corruption. Until corruption in Nigeria, Kenya and all the Nations of African are clean, the richer will get richer and our poor will continue to be poor.

Let us collectively work together in the commonwealth of nations to resolve this issue of CORRUPTION in NIGERIA, Kenya and the rest of Africa.

Kenyaman
Dede (Igbo and in my dialect)
Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Elaineh: 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
Kenyaman, as you can see no one is really interested in this topic. Just let it rest already.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
Eleanah dear,

Surgery is not of interest to patients but once the surgery is complete, many people get healed. Listen, if you have any solutions to corruption please list those under this topic. Every contribution for the good of our African commonwealth helps under this topic of Corruption among politicians in Nigeria and Kenya.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
Elaineh:

[size=18pt]Kenyaman, as you can see no one is really interested in this topic. Just let it rest already.[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by THEAMAKA(f): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2010
kenyaman:

Amanka,

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Elaineh:

Kenyaman, as you can see no one is really interested in this topic. Just let it rest already.
BAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 4:26am On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke- Ide,

Great events require great patience. We cannot give up on dealing with Corruption in our lands or ration it to the w3western world to deal with our problems. You must rise beyond compliance and contribute your solution ideas to corruption in Africa.

This is not simple easy topic. You require to think to contribute intelligently and there will be few but the right people to meaningfully contribute.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 4:36am On Jul 22, 2010
corrections above

or let western nations,
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 22, 2010
Let the topic die. Nobody cares. Stop using style to bring it back up
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
Yes it is very easy to give up. It does not cost a penny to give up. It does not task your mind to be creative to give up. What I think is material is to stand for what you believe to be right even though, the whole world may say otherwise.

I think what is material here is that African politicians are corrupt. The degree of corruption may vary from country to country, but whether less corrupt or more corrupt, the issue is we need to GET RIDE OF CORRUPTION IN AFRICA. We need to work together, hand and glove to resolve the issue of CORRUPTION IN AFRICA.

IT IS OF NO MATERIAL OR MORAL OR INTELLECTUAL BENEFIT TO ABANDON THE issue of corruption of our African politicians.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 5:47am On Aug 10, 2010
My Nigerian members of the Common Wealth of Nations.Kenya has taken the first steps in removing corruption. Removing the Western elements in the Kenyan Constitution. Making sure that the New Constitution of Kenya would do the following:

1. Make the Kenyan proud all around the world by giving in the Constitution- dual citizenship.
2. Human dignity by legislating fair wages into the constitution- all government positions including teaching will be determined by legislation from Parliament
3. Kenya will have at the federal level- the Judicial, the legislative assembly, and the senate

4. There will be 47 counties and federal money will be equally shared among the 47 counties.

5. 997 billion shillings means that each county will have roughly 21.2 billion shillings; perhaps $12.5 million for each county. I have never seen such money flow into TIVI before in Nigerian federation.
6. Corrupt leaders will be removed by law and never to serve in any capacity within the Kenyan republic.
7. When a man or woman reaches the age of 75, the Kenyan government will provide housing, food and medical care until death.
8. Land issues have been thoroughly dealt with in this constitution

9. Abortion is not permitted as a rule, but where ethical issues are to be decided- the mother must be favored.
10. Read the Kenya New Constitution, the Law of the Republic of Kenya.

www. Kenya New Constitution, August 4, 2010
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2010
TO ALL OF YOU CHECK THIS LINK ON KENYA AND NIGERIA COMPARISON

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000016507&cid=4&

KENYAMAN
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 6:01am On Aug 22, 2010
Namaka,

Look at Kenya today at5 this link.

ALSO CHECK These ones below
Kenya ntv
Kenya Citizen tv

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 6:24am On Aug 22, 2010
I have been away from my desk for extended time period. We know that Nigerian President Jonathan is trying very hard to change things around but its very hard to change our African systems. Kenya on the other hand has managed to pull out from the spiders web.

Check this out:

Let me know what you all think about this. Can we change in Africa? YES WE CAN

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Elaineh: 7:30am On Aug 22, 2010
Oh my goodness, Kenyaman. No one cares about Kenya here, neither do we care to compare Kenya with Nigeria! Get a f***ing life already, Jeezus! Why not move your discussion to Mashada?! Trust me, they'll be all ears ---- > http://www.mashada.com/
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Sharonf(f): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2010
Can't believe people replied to this obvious trolling attempt.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 2:58am On Dec 20, 2010
]Now it has been over two months since the Kenyaman wrote on the vital issue of corruption in the land.  I hear Jonathan is about to bring healing to the land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. / Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo / Abuja Vs Hong Kong In Pictures. 7up The Diff Is Clear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.