Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge (4956 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by maclatunji: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
These school girls are waiting to cross the extremely busy Gbagada Expressway at Gbagada/Mobil bus stop. This road has cars zooming past at high speeds. People living in the area are put at risk whilst crossing the expressway everyday. Someone should do something about this!

Photo sourced from http://www.facebook.com/theamateurphotographerng

Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Lasinoh: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
So you can be looking up to their pants abi?
Make one pedo-phile go mount camera for under the bridge dey look them toto abi? cheesy
Mtchewwwww!
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Dabss(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
^^^^^ another nl schmuck.
smh
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
Haba, na only toto enter ur brain wit this write-up? So u will rather see dem crushed to death than savely walk on pedestrian bridge?
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Lasinoh, you are a real mu-mu toto don enter ya head finish. Someone posted something that is important you are bastardising it
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by OAM4J: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
I agree with you OP. About time the FG or State govt do something and not after losing someone.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by houvest: 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Arent there nearby bridges they can use? I do think that the federal ministry of works locate bridges at certain intervals. Probably the ministry may revisit that policy and shorten the intervals between bridges in certain areas due to usage or population density.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by kelz88(f): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2011
Are we asking for see through bridge? I don't get how you can see anything.

There should be traffic lights or something. Gosh!
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by muyoto: 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
whatever happened to zebra crossing?

traffic wardens?
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by tpia5: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
lasinoh

sharrap there.

maclatunji isnt s.ex crazed like you.

abi you're trying to get his attention?
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by tpia5: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
muyoto:

there are no zebras in nigeria- so nothing for them to cross.

are you on safari with the way you're seeing zebras.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by thehomer: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
muyoto:

traffic wardens?

Zebra crossing? Now that is just asking to be crippled or worse. Some of those bus drivers are untrained and insane.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by GAR3TH(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
what this, even though one was built they still cross the road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRdUMS7CAv0
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by nanidee(f): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
Lasinoh:

Make one pedo-phile go mount camera for under the bridge dey look them toto abi? cheesy
Mtchewwwww!

tpia@:

there are no zebras in nigeria- so nothing for them to cross.

are you on safari with the way you're seeing zebras.

lmao
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
I remember that there was a pedestrian bridge built along that road close to Charly Boy bus stop or id this a different road?
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by maclatunji: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2011
dayokanu:

I remember that there was a pedestrian bridge built along that road close to Charly Boy bus stop or id this a different road?

The distance is too long now. It is about 15 minutes walk. Considering the fact that you have Gbagada Phase 2, Atunrase Estate on both sides of the express. This particular spot is overdue for a pedestrian bridge.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by eghost247(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2011
of course the kids need a pedestrian bridge
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by kokoA(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2011
Lasinoh:

Mtchewwwww!

LWKMD. Gwad! Are you for real?! cheesy cheesy
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by stepo707: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2011
That place is a dangerous spot.The kids would have to manage though cos i dont see them building any pedestrian bridge close to there.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by DrummaBoy(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2011
What is needed is an over-head bridge @dat place
Zebra crossing are for less busy, inner city roads and not major roads.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by TEEGBE: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2011
There is need for pedestrian Bridge, not only in gbagada, also along Lagos Ibadan express way, the population of the people living in that area is very high Opic, Wawa, Mowe, Arepo, IBAFO, REDEEM e.t.c angry
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by alex406(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2011
There are some brainless humans on ND,its necessary for pedestrian bridges built all over the bustops.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by queensmith: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2011
TEEGBE:

There is need for pedestrian Bridge, not only in gbagada, also along Lagos Ibadan express way, the population of the people living in that area is very high Opic, Wawa, Mowe, Arepo, IBAFO, REDEEM e.t.c angry
thank you

@poster- this is nothing! u ever tried to cross at MOWE? u said high speed? u aint seen nothing yet! people get killed there on a daily basis! u have to take a bus into lagos, cross a safe road then take the bus back!
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by 2AMLasgidi: 11:40am On Dec 15, 2011
Hunmmm, that expressway has a pedestrian bridge by charlie boy bus stop, these girls could have also used the Gbagada link bridge in front of Mobil gas station. Unfortunately, children of nowadays do not want to walk at all, in our day we'll walk from Palmgrove to obanikoro to attend the Great school LASCA, I did say BABSACA oooo,
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by maclatunji: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

Hunmmm, that expressway has a pedestrian bridge by charlie boy bus stop, these girls could have also used the Gbagada link bridge in front of Mobil gas station. Unfortunately, children of nowadays do not want to walk at all, in our day we'll walk from Palmgrove to obanikoro to attend the Great school LASCA, I did say BABSACA oooo,

@bolded, granted that the link bridge exists but you and I know that it was never designed for pedestrians and using it is almost as dangerous as crossing the expressway. A pedestrian bridge should be put in that place.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by queensmith: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

gerrout! lol palmgrove is not far from obanikoro :p
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Exponental(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
U cant build bridges evrywhere.
If they can exercise patience, there is always a time d road will be less busy that they can walk pass.
Speaking from experience. I crossed d sanya express daily in my JSS n 2nd rainbow in SS, both of apapa oshodi expressway. Till today, i dont run on expressway if i cross over.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Outstrip(f): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nobody should be crossing an expressway for goodness sake and you cannot put bridges everywhere. The solution is a good busing system that drops people off in places that makes sense. If you have to walk 10 minutes to cross then so be it. Kind of reminds me of how cars where driving on the wrong side of traffic in Nigeria simply because the next point of exit would have been another 2 miles. Life no get duplicate. Walk the 15 minutes to cross at the proper location.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Pukkah: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
Exponental:

U cant build bridges evrywhere.
If they can exercise patience, there is always a time d road will be less busy that they can walk pass.
Speaking from experience. I crossed d sanya express daily in my JSS n 2nd rainbow in SS, both of apapa oshodi expressway. Till today, i dont run on expressway if i cross over.

This is being inconsiderate.  And the fact that you crossed the express way on your student days does not mean every student has to pass through that ordeal. Bridges can and should be built everywhere there is a need for it.  This is the development mindset. It also shows how much regard we have for human lives.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Kilode1: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
Not sure a pedestrian bridge will work. They are often too few and too far away for many pedestrians that it becomes impractical.

Most of these roads should not be highways/ freeways at all.

It's unfortunate that govt over the years have neglected road infrastructure. These roads in close proximity to residential areas should have street lights and walk crossings for pedestrian folks. Unfortunately due to the limited road infrastructure we have, the roads are too busy for such solutions.

A freeway to bypass these residential areas will free these smaller roads up for such solutions. (traffic lights, pedestrian crossings e.t.)

It will be better to build expressways/ freeways to drain fast moving traffic from these "Trunk B" roads so they can be more pedestrian and commuter friendly
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Goodnessy: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
Please everyone, this is not a joking matter. I commend the efforts of the original poster. I could have been long dead on this road if not for God. This road really needs an overhead bridge because it is an eight lane road on which you must sprint for your life to cross with the roaring noise of juggernauts in your ear drums. It is not a good thing to see school children crossing this road daily. I cross this road to get to work everyday because I don't have a choice than to do it. The nearest overhead bridge is at 1st Pedro, miles from Gbagada and the Gbagada link bridge is not a pedestrian bridge. Should I back oncoming traffic to cross? What is the point then. And who says you cant build pedestrian bridges all over? I dare to say that is a wrong reasoning please, it is not only necessary but expected for a government that values the lives of its citizenry. No one needs to be told that Nigerian government does not value our lives. I'll quit the job if nothing changes, I cannot go and die because of a job, Yes, I can quit my job but these children must continue to go to school. Concerned authorities should please be contacted to do something about it.
Re: Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge by Ironi: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2011
In situations like this someone always get killed whiles crossing the road.

On a fast express way pedestrians are bound to always make a wrong timing of distance and speed of vehicles and this always results in brutal and fatal accidents.

I have seen it happen on many occasions.

You are right; the government should spend a couple of thousand dollars to have a simple pedestrian bridge built before it’s too late.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could Our Comparative Advantage Be Health Care? / Rotimi Amaechi Breaks Record Of The Biggest Political Gathering In Africa (pix) / Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.