Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" (59545 Views)

Any Guess What This Lady’s Reply Will Be To This Convo’ Pic / I Can't Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook - See Lady Reply / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

Keep barking like a mad dog , Idiot
Why do you like online banter?

Oh stop it already, it doesn't suit you bruh
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by akilo1: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Amberon:
Is it your wife or mother that is the hoe?
I can't have a wife who will slap my mother ,any man who married a woman that can slap his mother married a hoe

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Airforce1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:
Why do you like online banter?

Oh stop it already, it doesn't suit you bruh

I hear you
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Amberon: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
You're no different from the usual dimwitted Nigerian male then. Calling a woman a hoe because she retaliated not because she's actually a prostitute.
akilo1:
I can't have a wife who will slap my mother ,any man who married a woman that can slap his mother married a hoe

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
garripack:

Listen dude I feel u really don't know much about the importance of the union between a husband and a wife.

Saying u 're very senseless ain't really fair....

And am very sure u wouldn't want to end up marrying ur mum.. very sure about it... buh incase u would I advice u marry her instead of getting a wife...

And ur fada dead or alive would teach u how to behave..

Have a blessed day

U sure don't value your mother ...

Tollzara:
See what shyte you talking mayne. undecided

Was your brain manufactured when there was pandemonium in heaven?

What if your wife called your mother a slut and she slapped her... You'd still talk this nonsense ?

Or you just don't care what your wife did? And whatever she did doesn't matter ?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by tech18: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:
Lolz... You better use your money play nairabet grin
grin grin grin, I have never played nairabet b4 ooo.Playing nairabet with your bride price ....grin
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
Shugavee:
shut up ,,, he is right, no mother hv the right to slap ur wife no matter the reason n u let ur mum continue to cm around?,,, except u planed for the fight to happen again. N she continue hiting ur wife

What if the wife called her mother a slut and she slapped her... You'd still talk this nonsense ?

Or you just don't care what the wife did? And whatever she did doesn't matter ?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
ImaIma1:

It should be treated as a case of domestic violence. Whatever the wife did should have been reported to the husband or her MIL should have cautioned rather than slapped her.

No one should be slapping anyone.

What if the wife called her mother a slut and she slapped her... there are very extreme things a wife can say to provoke her husband and a MIL...

No one is saying the slapping is right... But what if it was done based on a reaction to a very extreme statement made by the wife ...

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:
See what shyte you talking mayne. undecided

Was your brain manufactured when there was pandemonium in heaven?

And back to your childish talk, why do you think God said after him, our parents are he next thing we shld worship literally?

I'm very sure you're still a teenager who knows nothing about marriage and you can fantasize all abt a girlfriend you presently have

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Born2Breed:

Ofcourse I won't slap her in retaliation. Not just because she is my mother inlaw but she is also an elder. I will forgive her and my husband must apologise to me on behalf of his mum, if not I will slap him in our bedroom.

This is very close to my response... I will apologize to my mum on your (my wife) behalf knowing that my mum felt offended and infuriated for a reason, get into the bedroom with my wife, get details of what happened, apologize to my wife also and meet my mother alone and discuss with her on how to handle things with my wife as son to mother ...

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

What if your wife called your mother a slut and she slapped her... You'd still talk this nonsense ?

Or you just don't care what your wife did? And whatever she did doesn't matter ?
If my wife called my mother a slut, that's most-likely the end of our relationship. But I'll chastise my mum for slapping her, since, like I keep emphasizing, physical assault is plain wrong. If she slaps her back, in this case, while I owe my wife no apology (they're already even, and she's no longer my wife anyway), I would apologize to my mum because my wife started it first by calling her a slut, while emphasizing that hitting people for insulting and disrespecting you is wrong and uncivilized, and is even dangerous since their revenge might be brutal, so she shouldn't do that to anyone again.

However, what if my mum did something irrational that started the whole saga by irritating my wife and making her go gaga, which resulted in her blurting out the distasteful word, not out of share disregard and disrespect, but uncontrollable anger (perhaps, as retaliation to something offensive that my mum might have said to her, out of a sense of entitlement to being placed on a pedestal for her unmatched elderly wisdom)? You can be sure, that that's a more complex situational equation, and wouldn't be quite black and white no matter how you try to paint it one way or the other. I will have to pacify both women and end the rift by having them apologize to each other, then make them move apart a little and stay in peace, than come closer together and clash, at least for a while. I sure won't be ending my marriage with my wife in this case.

It depends on how deep the situation is. You judge each case purely on its own merits, as there are scenarios that will have quite a lot of nuances, variables and peculiarities.

My main point is that your mum slapping your wife for whatever reason is wrong. If your wife disrespects or insults her, let her bring it to your awareness, then you let her know the kind of son she has by the next action you take. She shouldn't go around slapping people. She's not John Cena or Triple-H.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

And back to your childish talk, why do you think God said after him, our parents are he next thing we shld worship literally?

I'm very sure you're still a teenager who knows nothing about marriage and you can fantasize all abt a girlfriend you presently have
A teenager? If true, how would that matter? I'm smarter than most adults I know, you inclusive. Any reference to my age is stupid and irrelevant.

When your parents do something wrong, you make them realize it. You don't worship them like a blind, senseless fool. Doing that is the childish thing here. And that places you right below a teenager anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Shugavee(f): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

What if the wife called her mother a slut and she slapped her... You'd still talk this nonsense ?

more reason to keep them apart. She might be wrong but u hv to prevent another occurrence

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by elipheleh(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
If my wife or any of my brothers' wives slaps my mum (retaliation or not, doesn't matter). She has disrespected me, the whole of my siblings and my own father. Insult to a married woman is an insult to the husband.

How I will handle it. Two ways.:
1. I will invite my wife's father to my compound. Once he arrives, I will call my wife and in her presence I will slap her father left right and center, kneel the old man down on his knees and raise his hands in the air. All the while I will slap him severally. Wetin want happen make em happen. The useless father didn't train his daughter responsibly.

2 option two, if the wife's father is late already, I will go to my village, call my blood relations.-strictly teenage girls in secondary and primary school. I will bring as many as possible..
Then Pay them, bring them to my home and ask them to all join hands and beat my wife blue black. After beating her, she'll feel the same humiliation my elderly mum felt by an idiot like my wife for slapping my mum. It is woman to women after all.

I DON'T BEAT WOMEN, I EITHER BEAT MY FELLOW MEN OR CALL MY SISTERS TO BEAT A WOMAN FOR ME.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:
No matter the level of disrespect, which can't go beyond insult or plain humiliation and disregard, at the very worst of it, physical assault is not justified. She has rights under the law that protects her against such attacks. It is LEGALLY wrong, hence criminal, for my mum to do that. And it would be contemptible if she did. If your wife decides to sue your mum for assault, you will understand the gravity of what she did.

If my wife disrespects my mum and my mum slaps her, I will chastise my mum for slapping my wife and apologize to the person who was slapped. Depending on what she did that my mum termed "disrespect", I would either break ties with my wife or remain with her.

If the disrespect is not a matter of my mum being petty, but really goes as deep as my wife humiliating my mum out of contempt and disregard, without any justifiable reason, I will definitely break ties with such devil after settling the rift, even though my mum was wrong to have slapped her. She could have just reported her to me without any need for violence, and I would still have ended the marriage just as before, but without having to condemn her for the vice of her slapping the lady. It's just plain wrong.

Now you are making a good statement which is my opinion too. Earlier you were sounding like you are going to praise her for retaliating even though she aggravated your mum to slapping her. The mum has every right to be respected too. Though the law doesn't impose a penalty to anyone who disrespects an older person unjustly but it's equally wrong.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Greyworld: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
zubinike:

are u expecting to fight back? Greyworld...!!!
Nah I'm just saying.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

People tend to forget human nature... She said no matter what the wife did. She forgot that for every action there is equal and opposite reaction. Even the most calm mother-in-law can be provoked to the point of slapping the wife because she can't stand and watch her daughter-in-law disrespect her that much like her own daughter wouldn't.

To the lady will she look happily to her husband if both of them were walking and a small boy comes yelling at her slut slut without her husband beating the boy black and blue. grin
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by CAPSLOCKED: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:

When your parents do something wrong, you make them realize it. You don't worship them like a blind, senseless fool. Doing that is the childish thing here.

CERTAIN PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT PARENTS CAN'T BE WRONG. THAT PARENTS AND ELDERS ARE EVER WISER AND THAT WHAT EVER THEY SAY MUST BE ACCEPTED AS THOSE THINGS ARE USUALLY REVEALED TO THEM BY A HIGHER AUTHORITY.

I'VE SEEN PEOPLE NOT GET MARRIED BECAUSE THEIR MOTHER DISAPPROVED. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE FAIL IN LIFE BECAUSE THEY TOOK THEIR PARENTS ADVICE. I'VE SEEN PARENTS DO A LOT OF DAMAGE IN THE LIVES OF THEIR CHILDREN. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE THAT PARENTS ARE AUTHENTIC, OR DIVINE AND MORE SPECIAL THAN THE NEXT PERSON. THEY'RE JUST THE SET OF HUMANS WHO BORE AND BRED US. NOTHING MORE. DECISIONS SHOULDN'T BE MADE FOR ADULTS BY THEIR PARENTS. I BELIEVE THAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by CAPSLOCKED: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:
Marry this fat fool at your own peril .

The day you disrespect my mom will signal your end of days .

I will not only Unlove you , I will make sure you're seriously dealt with after which you will apologise to my mom for your misconduct.

My mom is a calm and loving woman , she no dey pass her boundary .
If she gets angry at you , thats because you've done something terribly wrong .

No man should condone a disrespectful house wife/girlfriend.

IDĮOTIC POST. NO ADULT HUMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO HIT ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN, IN THE FIRST PLACE.
MY MOM DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIT ANYBODY. NOT TO TALK OF MY WIFE NO MATTER WHAT THE YOUNG LADY DOES. I GO CHANGE AM FOR AM, MY GUY, THAT'S MADNESS.

IMAGINE YOUR WIFE'S DAD SLAPPING YOU OR BREAKING YOUR HEAD WITH HIS WALKING STICK OR EMBARRASSING YOU IN A PUBLIC PLACE. DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE?
PEOPLE MESSING YOU UP JUST BECAUSE YOU MARRIED FROM THEIR FAMILY.. I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY THAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

CERTAIN PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT PARENTS CAN'T BE WRONG. THAT PARENTS AND ELDERS ARE EVER WISER AND THAT WHAT EVER THEY SAY MUST BE ACCEPTED AS THOSE THINGS ARE USUALLY REVEALED TO THEM BY A HIGHER AUTHORITY.

I'VE SEEN PEOPLE NOT GET MARRIED BECAUSE THEIR MOTHER DISAPPROVED. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE FAIL IN LIFE BECAUSE THEY TOOK THEIR PARENTS ADVICE. I'VE SEEN PARENTS DO A LOT OF DAMAGE IN THE LIVES OF THEIR CHILDREN. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE THAT PARENTS ARE AUTHENTIC, OR DIVINE AND MORE SPECIAL THAN THE NEXT PERSON. THEY'RE JUST THE SET OF HUMANS WHO BORE AND BRED US. NOTHING MORE. DECISIONS SHOULDN'T BE MADE FOR ADULTS BY THEIR PARENTS. I BELIEVE THAT.
I Tozaralically Apollonianly endorse this in Dionysian mode, bro.

Legitimized by the seal of reason as golden water flowing down the fountain of the highest wisdom.

You're wiser than Yahweh, Allah, Orunmila, and Vishnu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by AdaNonye: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

What if the wife called her mother a slut and she slapped her... there are very extreme things a wife can say to provoke her husband and a MIL...

No one is saying the slapping is right... But what if it was done based on a reaction to a very extreme statement made by the wife ...

dont be angry o and don't take offense. Did someone call ur mum a slut? Dunno why u have to keep hammering on it......no matter what,physical abuse is never right

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ThatKING(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
gloria34:
u deserve a permanent space in heaven
lol I'd rather stay with the devil. Heaven will be boring as fhuk
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ImaIma1(f): 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

But why do you guys imagine the worst from a wife? Why would she call her MIL a slut? Why don't you imagine the worst of your mum?

What could your mum do to your wife that would make her be called a slut? Or don't you think your mum is a human being that can provoke someone? Or she is given a free pass because she is elderly?

Slapping will still be termed as domestic violence and if reported, the MIL will face the law.

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Shugavee(f): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
elipheleh:
If my wife or any of my brothers' wives slaps my mum (retaliation or not, doesn't matter). She has disrespected me, the whole of my siblings and my own father. Insult to a married woman is an insult to the husband.

How I will handle it. Two ways.:
1. I will invite my wife's father to my compound. Once he arrives, I will call my wife and in her presence I will slap her father left right and center, kneel the old man down on his knees and raise his hands in the air. All the while I will slap him severally. Wetin want happen make em happen. The useless father didn't train his daughter responsibly.

2 option two, if the wife's father is late already, I will go to my village, call my blood relations.-strictly teenage girls in secondary and primary school. I will bring as many as possible..
Then Pay them, bring them to my home and ask them to all join hands and beat my wife blue black. After beating her, she'll feel the same humiliation my elderly mum felt by an idiot like my wife for slapping my mum. It is woman to women after all.

I DON'T BEAT WOMEN, I EITHER BEAT MY FELLOW MEN OR CALL MY SISTERS TO BEAT A WOMAN FOR ME.
this will only cause more problems
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by CharlesJok3r: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IDĮOTIC POST. NO ADULT HUMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO HIT ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN, IN THE FIRST PLACE.
MY MOM DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIT ANYBODY. NOT TO TALK OF MY WIFE NO MATTER WHAT THE YOUNG LADY DOES. I GO CHANGE AM FOR AM, MY GUY, THAT'S MADNESS.

IMAGINE YOUR WIFE'S DAD SLAPPING YOU OR BREAKING YOUR HEAD WITH HIS WALKING STICK OR EMBARRASSING YOU IN A PUBLIC PLACE. DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE?
PEOPLE MESSING YOU UP JUST BECAUSE YOU MARRIED FROM THEIR FAMILY.. I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY THAT.
SAY NO TO ANY FORM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=zubinike post=71328993][/quote]my father is very responsible and cannot do such, those who have crazy parents should visit d proper channels

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

nothing is worth it, she should have waited 4 d husband, he should b d 1 to handle d situation
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
ImaIma1:

But why do you guys imagine the worst from a wife? Why would she call her MIL a slut? Why don't you imagine the worst of your mum?

What did your mum do to your wife that would make her be called a slut? Or don't you think your mum is not a human being that can provoke someone? Or she is given a free pass because she is elderly?

Slapping will still be termed as domestic violence and if reported, the MIL will face the law.
no o, their mother's are always saintz

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
gloria34:
my father is very responsible and cannot do such, those who have crazy parents should visit d proper channels

you are probably not married, i can bet on that. God help you when you get to that stage. Learn lessons to make you grow my dear
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
zubinike:

you are probably not married, i can bet on that. God help you when you get to that stage. Learn lessons to make you grow my dear
didn't mean to b rude, hope it didn't come across that way? my parents don't hit me, my mum used d cane on my while I was still in sec sch. I find it very offensive 4 an adult to raise hands on another, it shows how uncultured she is. from my own perspective, if d girl let it slide, it will happen again whenever there is any issue btw them cos she will see it as her way of correcting her. but with this, she will b scared to repeat such act

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Elparaiso(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
Amberon:
But your wife can receive slaps from your mother, right?

That's her ish, her and my mom.

All I know is my face is for smooches, not slaps.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
AdaNonye:

dont be angry o and don't take offense. Did someone call ur mum a slut? Dunno why u have to keep hammering on it......no matter what,physical abuse is never right

And who said physical abuse is right...

U seem not to comprehend the topic... "If your mother Inlaw slaps you, as a wife, what will you do"?

No one is saying it's right for her to slap you for any reason but a scenario where it happens, what will you do?

That's a simple question but yll keep bringing multiple topics out of this singular topic

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What A Lady Posted Online About Broke Guys Toasting Her & The Reply She Got / I Love Her But She Is An Undergraduate And Poor / When The Spirit Is Willing, But The Body Is Weak (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.