Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship (1398 Views)

Before You Become A Casual Friend To A Lady As A Guy Read This / Stop Having Casual Sex. See Why (photo) / 7 Reasons Why I'll Always Collect Money After Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2018
You can be single but still maintain some friendships with ‘benefits’. This type of relationship is causal. No strings. No commitment expected. No one fussing over anything.

However, a casual relationship can be tricky because of the mutual attraction between the parties involved.

You know you guys are into something but it is not defined. You both get to exhibit real qualities found in a real relationship.

It is very essential you get involved with someone who wants the same as you – an easy breezy noncommittal relationship

Below are the 7 reasons why you should be in a casual relationship

1. You Are Not Obligated To Check On Each Other
You don’t have to check in on them, ask how their day went, because you don’t really want know and you probably don’t care. Whenever you text them, it is just to book the next appointment

2. There Is No Commitment
Neither of you is obligated to each other. You guys are not on each other’s priority list. Your obligations go your family, work, friends and your personal lives.

3. Cool And Easy Company
Because there are no expectations from you both, you guys can just meet up and chill. All you guys do most of the time is ‘movies and chilling’.

You can attend social event together. Because there is no pressure and no expectations, relationship between you both is easy.

4. No Future Plans
Relationship like this involves zero commitment, so you don’t get to make future plans. All You do is to enjoy what you have right now. The down side to this type of casual relationship is that it can end at any time, hence the need to avoid making future plans.

You don’t want to plan something for the future and they end up cancelling in the last minute. You’ll find it embarrassing and awkward.

Besides, the whole essence of this type of relationship is not to have plans for each other at all.

5. They’ll Always Be Your ‘Friend’
You can comfortably bring them close to your inner circle of friends and family and say “hey, meet my friend” And the introductions will not sound awkward because you guys already have an understanding of what’s happening between you both.

6. No Sentiments And Mushy Stuff
there’s no need to give them gifts or have a special dinner made for them. No need to take them to see a movie because they want to, or count anniversaries. No need to text each other saying words like ‘I miss you’, or ‘I love you’… None of that mushy stuff.

7. You Have Other Options
You are very much single and very active on social media. You can go on dates with other people and if you want, start a serious relationship with them.

You can easily and quickly end the casual relationship you have with this person and move on to a new one if you want.

You are very much single and not in any way, accountable to them. You can be seen with anyone in public.

In as much as this type of relationship is cool, one party eventually gets to develop feelings for the other… When that happens and you are not on the same page with them, it is wise to end things with them, let them go.

Source: https://www.afrourbanstyle.com/7-reasons-why-you-should-be-in-a-casual-relationship/

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 19, 2018
No be where naija men dey, cos they will start feeling jealous when they see u with another guy
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
This days it's called friends with benefit, not casual relationship, i still have someone like that though wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by raquel97: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Have one but the guy says he's having feelings for me but to me, I'm just having nice time, with a blank heart though cos I cannot come and go and die. Love sucks grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
Biglittlelois:
This days it's called friends with benefit, not casual relationship, i still have someone like that though wink
modified...I just realised you mean something else different from what I was thinking
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
raquel97:
Have one but the guy says he's having feelings for me but to me, I'm just having nice time, with a blank heart though cos I cannot come and go and die. Love sucks grin
so u giviing it to him on a steady just like that? if if wanted out would you feel like you lost someone important?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by raquel97: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:

so u giviing it to him on a steady just like that? if if wanted out would you feel like you lost someone important?
why should I? We only benefit from each other so NO undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by sexy74(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
Vichot:
No be where naija men dey, cos they will start feeling jealous when they see u with another guy
What of the women?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
With cash you could have bout 20 of em

But they be running to you when they've got money issues
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:

modified...I just realised you mean something else different from what I was thinking

Now i'm curious, what were you thinking?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Now i'm curious, what were you thinking?
well from the way you structured it, it came across like you were bleeping a guy with no strings attached...was I right?
I'm not asking cos I don't know the answer though...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
raquel97:
why should I? We only benefit from each other so NO undecided
again I'm curious
how do these kind of relationships start? does he say it bluntly that that's what he wants or u r the one who pushes for it or it just happens without anyone saying anything?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:

well from the way you structured it, it came across like you were bleeping a guy with no strings attached...was I right?
I'm not asking cos I don't know the answer though...

Yeah i was, i had peace of mind then, twas cool.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Yeah i was, i had peace of mind then, twas cool.
aite...was? if it was cool why end it? Distance separated you guys?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by raquel97: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:

how do these kind of relationships start? does he say it bluntly that that's what he wants or u r the one who pushes for it or it just happens without anyone saying anything?
we are friends though, he came visiting spending hours and me bblah blah blah and he started having feelings but I told him bluntly that I can't date him cos I'm not ready for relationship saga undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:
aite...was? if it was cool why end it? Distance separated you guys?
Nahh, wanted to stay away from sex.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Nahh, wanted to stay away from sex.
ow...ok...and good old heads too...anyways nice...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
raquel97:
we are friends though, he came visiting spending hours and me bblah blah blah and he started having feelings but I told him bluntly that I can't date him cos I'm not ready for relationship saga undecided
eyah...poor guy...and poor you too...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:
ow...ok...and good old heads too...anyways nice...

Hehehehe, always reminding me of heads, leave me with my "heads" ooo cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Hehehehe, always reminding me of heads, leave me with my "heads" ooo cheesy
lol...Let's just say it's one thing we both love...I love to give and receive...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Biglittlelois(f): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
OneSentence:

lol...Let's just say it's one thing we both love...I love to give and receive...

Lol, okay
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Be In A Casual Relationship by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Some of us are not wired that way.
I have only been with one person but I'm very sure I can't have sex without catching feelings at all.

I have been propositioned twice this year by a friend and my married next-adoor neighbor. I blocked one (neighbor) and stylishly sidestepped the other.

(1) (Reply)

Slay Queen Dating A Monkey Because She Doesn’t Want Broken Heart / The Lekki Club (erotica BDSM Novel On Okadabooks) / 'I'll Die If I Don’t Have Sex In A Day' – Prophet Osei Kumchacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.