Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437874 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geefivez(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2011
hi guys,
can somebody plz help me on procedure on downgrading a firmware. Am currently on 1.23p but i want to downgrade to 1.20p.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2011
bodejohn:

Can someone just open a thread for all these upgrade/software stuffs? It's becoming annoying to see the same questions on software/upgrading of boxes,

wetin man pikin go do? those that are expected to correct the wrong are the ones providing help all in the name of 'being recognized'.

browncube:

fellow nairalanders can i use my 90m dish to track nilesat because i reside in lagos.

very well, its possible, thats what am using at home at the moment, just use this freq 12728H, 30000 SR, you'll enjoy a lot of free channels there, from movies, musicals, Bleep e.t.c
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2011
geefivez:

hi guys,
can somebody plz help me on procedure on downgrading a firmware. Am currently on 1.23p but i want to downgrade to 1.20p.

the way a 'pencil' is inserted into a 'sharpener' is also the way its removed, i just dont know why people like being a copy-cat, because someone was talking about downgrading, that's what u wanna do too., mchewww, by the way who helped you with the upgrading
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2011
@mavon
i don't know what you are or what you think you are but 1 thing is sure,you have a problem understanding the difference btw'a recommendatn & a condemnation'.
After all,i still gave you what you requested.
if you so much hate this thread,why then do you still show up?. this is a new &good year,if not,i would have put you in your place.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geefivez(m): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2011
enitan2002:

the way a 'pencil' is inserted into a 'sharpener' is also the way its removed, i just dont know why people like being a copy-cat, because someone was talking about downgrading, that's what u wanna do too., mchewww, by the way who helped you with the upgrading
I believe we are here to learn news things we dont know and is not by force that answer the question i asked.
My new yr resolution is never to have a problem with anybody and that includes you.
So i free you with your I TOO KNOW problem.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2011
@enitan

you have said it all, is becoming frustrating, but wetin we go do than to dey watch hmmm

90cm = nilesat, good one
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
enitan2002:

hmmmmm he's even talking of nile sat wit 90cm i'm even using 60cm to get Hispasat here in Port Harcourt!! But y will such come from him.soo embarrassing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sophieamore1(f): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ENITAN2002,
JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT SATELLITE AND YOU ARE AN OLDIE IN THIS FORUM DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD THREAT THE NEWBIES LIKE TRASH.
WE ARE ALL LEARNING, LIKE THEY SAY THE FALL OF A MAN IS A LESSON, I HOPE THAT IS NOT YOUR PORTION.
THANK YOU.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
browncube:

fellow nairalanders can i use my 90m dish to track nilesat because i reside in lagos.
no its not possible. I remember myself George and some others joking about this when the Nilesat201 first came on board with the hope that their footprint will cover more of this our side but thats the case. In lagos i think the minimum may be 2.4m. I use 4m myself but i don't know if 1.8m will get u to receive nilesat. I once tried at my end but got nothing.
BTW ur 90cm can still get u other interesting FTA satellite if u want
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
Sophieamore1:

@ENITAN2002,
JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT SATELLITE AND YOU ARE AN OLDIE IN THIS FORUM DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD THREAT THE NEWBIES LIKE TRASH.
WE ARE ALL LEARNING, LIKE THEY SAY THE FALL OF A MAN IS A LESSON, I HOPE THAT IS NOT YOUR PORTION.
THANK YOU.
who is talking about being an oldie here, what i am now is a result of hard work and over reliance on others, so its better you cultivate that habit too, you can hate me if you wish, but you can never take away what i've gathered over the years.
Childboards are available to make your findings before asking questions, some years ago when satellite has bot become the norm, question upon questions, reasonable and unreasonable ones were asked, so as to give you guys the opportunity not to ask that and even move at a faster rate than we did some years ago, but you all wish to be spoon fed till death, always looking for a short way. Do you know what guys here passed thru before we could get to where we are, midnight calls were made making us stay awake thru out the night, olason, pitodenz, e.t.c can testify to that. Do you know what it means to go through the stress of installing a satellite having stations that the languages spoken makes you like you are a dumbarsse? And still yet, we dont let down by that, always watching those stations with beam of smiles across our faces and having that hope there's light at the end of the tunnel. Its high time you guys awake from slumber of taking up responsibility, i dont know how you'll be useful to society at large. Satellite is not a must, if you dont have the zeal, dont find your way here. We've so many people on here that even dont bother posting, they contact technical-know-how guys here to help them out, and not making nuisance out of themselves. I'll continue to speak out no matter what, hate me, kill me, i'll remain who i am, and i think its high time this thread regain its effectiveness in providing information to those that have intrest in satellite.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
geefivez:

I believe we are here to learn news things we dont know and is not by force that answer the question i asked.
My new yr resolution is never to have a problem with anybody and that includes you.
So i free you with your I TOO KNOW problem.

its not in my resolution never to have issues with someone, thats what makes us stronger on a daily basis. I don't know how a seedling will be able to fight its out from the soil beneath onto the surface, if it never fights its way out there.

TOO KNOW? No man is an island of knowledge, but some are really long penissula that you can never fathom. I'm still a learner by the way.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sophieamore1(f): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ENITAN2002,
I AM ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU POSTED THAT YOU HAD SLEEPLESS NIGHTS BECAUSE OF THIS LITTLE KNOWLEDGE, I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE A PARENT OR RATHER A CHRISTAIN.
IF YOU ARE REMEMBER CHRIST SACRIFISED HIS LIFE FOR US SINNERS.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
what the newbies need is encouragement,we shouldn't talk to them anyhow.i was a novice before but with the support of the great guys in this forum, i can nail any bird i want.my greatest testimony is that i nailed nilesat with a 1.8m dish in ogbomosho.so pls.let help each other so that peace will continue to reign in this lovely forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
You people have started again o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

You people have started again o.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ sophieamore,
sometimes ago a forum member wanted to know more about some birds and how to nail them.
well i kindly asked him to read the child threads so that he would gain more knowledge and be more informed about the intricacies of FTA. it nearly resorted to something else and at the end of the day you provided the required answers.
that was a good job done and i commend you.
but one thing i wanted you to know is that the more we keep on repeating the same things over and over again the aim of education (as simple as it is) becomes defeated.
sometimes a simple common sense is all it requires to figure things out. . .which a lot of us sometimes don't want to apply.

Already the same person is now at logger heads with a few members of the forum.If you had just kept discreetly quiet and watched things  (like some of us do) i'm sure that by now he and a host of others would have been forced to read the threads and gained more.

The misconception that most people harbour in this forum about people not wanting to help is just wrong.

from my posts you can see that i am equally new to this forum. . . . and when you take a look at what i have so far posted you will see that its just far and between.
All this is because i read Most of season 4,and the child threads before i finally started to post.

so when you see some of the founders of the this thread getting irked by some posts. . . you just have to understand with them.

the issue of being ashamed. . .
I AM ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU POSTED THAT YOU HAD SLEEPLESS NIGHTS BECAUSE OF THIS LITTLE KNOWLEDGE, I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE A PARENT OR RATHER A CHRISTAIN.
. . .should not even come up.
One day i assure you in the near future you will (i hope) come to understand why. . .why it simply cant be condoned  any longer.
Happy new year and brighter future for all of us.

VIVA FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
@freshp. You have just said my mind. I hope people will learn.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
@freshp

you have just said it all, thats is the truth,, but dont be surprise that you will see another poster tomorrow asking if he can use DSTV decoder to watch NILESAT!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikeduru: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
browncube:

Guys,check this man dish size very well. Not even 2,3 or 4m,but 9m . Where,on earth,is this size of dish ? Lol .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2011
ikeduru:

Guys,check this man dish size very well. Not even 2,3 or 4m,but 9m . Where,on earth,is this size of dish ? Lol .

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
ikeduru:

sir,e be like say you didnt  put on your spectacles.The guy wrote 90m not 9m.  grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikeduru: 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

sir,e be like say you didnt put on your spectacles.The guy wrote 9cm not 9m. grin grin
Not even 9cm or 9m but 90m !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
OMG 90m
that is nta ait satellite dishes combined!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by niddle9(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2011
Na wa o!
So dis our beloved thread don come turn to an official Funny thread,
90m solid pan dish! guy Amercan beam signal quality go dey blow your decoder. In fact, na titan go mount the dish. And your lnb go be like a Brt bus. lol
@all
Lets not encourage laziness on our beloved thread. This part 5 should be more utilized. Don't be surprise when the thread is locked by the moderator.
@newmembers
lets not be too lazy. There's a FTA reference library. Where most of your questions if not all is been solved. If you cant read thru part 2,and 3 then you should able to use a search box provided on the forum. And finally don't forget your GOOGLE is always there for answers.
Sophieamore1:

@ENITAN2002,
does the teaching of christ encourages laziness?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yemoxtra(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2011
True talk @fresh p
What da_ _ _ 90 meter ko space shuttle niii,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akakaroro(m): 5:08am On Jan 10, 2011
Please can somebody send hinolly and music one biss key to mail box alwaysak47@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akakaroro(m): 5:20am On Jan 10, 2011
@ll free dstv channels on eutelsat w4 11842v27500 only 4669x decorder
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2011
@ lovala thanks for ur reply, i have just tried that and the problem still remains, what do you think could be going wrong
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2011
lovala:

@hisoccer
Reload your stb with either 1.10p or 1.11p and tell us if the problem persists

@lovala thanks for reply, i have tried that but de problem still remains what do you think thanks***
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bodejohn(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2011
, to keep knowledge from a black man, just put it in a book!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spy005: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2011
I,m now enjoying the new 1.11p software,very wonderful,H/W VERSION:1,00 BOOT VERSION :5.10 CH VERSION A021 boot version is 5:10 alittle higher than other softwares ,and with time shedules icon on sceen as well,good picture and superior sound out-put,no problem with rdv,26e badr 5/ku scambleds.download from www.wizkid.persiangig.com .thank you

@gadotor. are you saying the scrambled channels at 26e badr can be free if i use either of these sw. please kindly post tp of those channels .thankyou
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2011
I,m now enjoying the new 1.11p software,very wonderful,H/W VERSION:1,00 BOOT VERSION :5.10   CH VERSION A021 boot version is 5:10 alittle higher than other softwares ,and with time shedules icon on sceen as well,good picture and superior sound out-put,no problem with rdv,26e badr 5/ku scambleds.download from    www.******.**********.com  .thank you
You know something my brother.I know you are so enthusiastic and overzealous about fta and stuff but you have to be a little bit discreet at times.You go about posting some stuff without regards for it's future consequences.Why should you be posting primary sources of information whiles there are numerous other secondary sources.Look at twinskenny and love4sat,when newbies ask for softwares,they direct them to crosat,sat-universe,and a whole lot of other smaller file sites.eg.
go to sat upload center on www.crosat.us

your problem is solved
and
Or try www.sat-universe.com
Why can't you do the same?What will happen if one day you woke up and your favourite site is no more due to the fact that every tom,dick and harry now knows the place so there is a server overload.Or maybe providers are now aware of the site so have intended,sued the site for hosting the files.Or just maybe,because it is now common place to access the site,the uploader's IP has been tracked and now he's been jailed so now no more updates.Do you sincerely think those files are legal?A lot of us know this site years even before you got to know yet we don't go around spreading it like you do.Look at another post you made
My brother at kumasi ECG you ask me something time ago that whather you can give some channels on 26e badr 5/ku the answer is yes if you are on followings softwares 1.20p, 1.21p, 1.10p and the new 1.11p softwares,you [B]will be able to see these scambled channels[/B],CINEMA STAR,CUISINE,PIWI,TELETOON,ENJOY YOURSELF.THANK YOU
.You could have simply said [B]you can watch these             channels[/B] rather than indicating they were are scrambled.Which means you are stealing it.What if an agent canal+ is reading this now?Posting itself is an art.You just have to learn it.This is not a personal attack on you but a reminder to you and all other satmates who behave in the same unregulated or uncontrolled manner is that,the reason why we always get what we get,for all these years and still enjoying it is because we've learnt how to handle the information we get so the people who always put their necks on the line to discover them are always more than happy to share what they know with us.A typical example is the G-group.I'm sure it was because of the way people are not able to handle some sensitive information that was why that group was created.A word,

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.