Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations (33545 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Naychuzzy(m): 7:40am On Sep 25, 2018
adioolayi:
I think Ambode will win the primary.....APC can only call him to order... they won't gamble with Lagos

Wise statement. You may not believe this but I'm so freaking sure Tinubu himself is re-analysing his decision to drop him. APC loses Lagos, they all doomed..
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 25, 2018
Nonsense claim!

Anybody can cook up stories just to ensure Ambode is seen in bad light. It is obvious he has power over the LG and LCDA Chairmen so what better way for them to want to protect their jobs than to cry wolf where there is none.

The tenses in the story sef!

6 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by filitech070: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2018
Make ambode go down alone� angry
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by coluka: 7:43am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
I've got a very strong feeling this issue will be resolved before the primaries on Saturday.

My question is that,

Does it mean that the 57 local government chairmen control all the delegates for the primaries?
The fifty seven chairmen of the party at local council level will ultimately oversee the process of selecting the delegates that will vote at the Congress

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Lyoncrescent: 7:44am On Sep 25, 2018
I wish Ambode well but he settled Tinubu accordingly but didnt settle Tinubus foot soldiers and the politicans that brought him to power while he ambode was eating money by hyper inflating contracts and refusing to reveal the cost of most of the projects he has executed. Fashola settled the foot soldiers so well such that he was able to build his own group known as the Justice group to stand up to the mandate group of Tinubu. Ambode has only praise singers. Fashola worked five times more than ambode but still played his politics well.

I posted the below in a seperate thread and i am posting it here again to clarify that TINUBU didnt cause the travails of Ambode and as such Tinubus hands are tied:

It's amazing how people are blaming tinubu for this ambode fiasco. Tinubu has no issue with ambode. If tinubu backs ambode today,ambode may still loose the primaries.

Fashola went all out to campaign for ambode. He did a lot for ambode including a last minute 30 minutes appeal to lagosians on all the major TV stations few days to the election. At the end of the day , ambode tried to rubbish fasholas legacy by not continuing some of fasholas projects and even scrapping some agencies fashola created. He also publicly called out fashola on the airport road.

Politics in Nigeria is I chop you chop. Ambode blocked the livelihood of a lot of grassroots politicians such as scrapping the private waste collectors and also blocked every means civil servants can make money. That's excellent but ambode himself and his PA and the attorney general of Lagos are making billions by inflating projects. I am not talking about PPP projects but public projects and we don't know how much our governor spends. Under fashola , even though the contracts were inflated we knew how much they cost but this government is hiding the cost info of a lot of road projects . Also waste collection is a disaster. Waste under fashola was collected every Monday morning in my house but now it's once a month. Another example is under fashola the public works that fixes potholes were so active that they often broadcast routes they will fix on LTV station every day and you can also call to report portholes.

Ambrose also refused to seek inspiration and dialogue with APC leaders. Tinubu is the face of a Cabal ruling Lagos. Some low key people like baba Eto and musuliu Smith the current police service commission couldn't seek audience or talk to ambode . In fact local government chairmen can't reach him. During ileya, fashola used to release funds and gifts, ambode reduced all this while he was still eating money.

When fashola had issue with tinubu approaching his second term, the civil servants and all the grassroots politicians and some party leaders stood with fashola and tinubu had no choice

Most of alausa where civil servants are don't like ambodes style of governance. Is it tinubu that told civil servants to detest ambode? Senators, house of reps, councillors, state house of assembly, local government chairmen and even fashola who is minister from Lagos are all turning their backs at ambode. Or do people think it's tinubu that told all these people to turn their backs against ambode. At all At all, fashola should come out and back ambode if ambode has done well. You can ask around why ambode left the civil service Under fashola . Fashola didn't like ambode as a choice but he campaigned seriously for ambode against Jimi Agbaje and when ambode won instead of him to liaise with fashola he got on a revenge mission. Fashola did that because he understands the party comes first.

The truth is ambode is politically naive and stupid. He believed that since he settles tinubu accordingly he doesn't need to play his politics and ensure all is well. If you don't want people to eat government money you too don't eat government money. Check the budget of Lagos from 2015 till date and mention tangible projects ambode has done regarding healthcare,housing and education. Fashola is a legend and I dare say ambode is a step down from fashola. Apart from mega inflated road contracts that no oneknows the price and LRU,ambode has done nothing significant.

Finally, politics in Lagos is let people chop and let people work. That's the reality. I wish ambode and APC well but tinubu didn't kill ambode. Ambode and his praise singers killed ambode.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by technicallyrich(m): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2018
No mans land lagos is the smallest state in the zoo nigeria.how come they have more local goverment than rivers,bayelsa etc or is it because they are biafrans.
I need answers.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by tesppidd: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2018
coluka:

The fifty seven chairmen of the party at local council level will ultimately oversee the process of selecting the delegates that will vote at the Congress
ooh I see

So you think Ambide is done right?
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by rock003: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
I've got a very strong feeling this issue will be resolved before the primaries on Saturday.

My question is that,

Does it mean that the 57 local government chairmen control all the delegates for the primaries?

It only means that Tinubu controls the 57 LG chairmen; they are here to do his bidding. And the LG chairs have grassroot control
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Kdon2: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2018
spafu:
Deal withbThiefnubu and all his animalistic supporters.

Pained. Your bitterness will not help you

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by rock003: 7:54am On Sep 25, 2018
Naychuzzy:
Ambode has no idea how important he already is to the people of Lagos.. Trust me, if I was him, I wouldn't be that scared, if at all. Becos the real voters would prefer him over some imposed candidate as they've known and seen what he is made of and can do. There is no two way about that.. Come Friday, if he loses the primary. All he needs do immediately is join the fcking PDP and APC will be doomed.

He doesn't need to campaign much anymore. The real lagosians have seen his works in every part so all he need to do is never give up. And there will be so much possibility that both Tinubu and his so called loyalists will end up regretting why they rejected him. I know the reason they rejected him in the first place is so meaningless and insignificant and unrelated to the actual growth and development of Lagos state so FCK APC.

Ambode has done nothing but led the way his instincts and morals have taught him. Too bad he isn't the type to line up people's pockets with govt money.

I don't think nigerians, including lagosians, really have control over their votes. It is always about what the godfathers say
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DavSagacity(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2018
englishmart:
Godfatherism is unhealthy to any nation's democracy. Tinubu should be shown the way out
Don't forget that the incumbent Governor came in through the same godfatherism process....so he can't fight against it and WIN.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DavSagacity(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Why don't he take police to arrest tinubu? Abi is tinubu above the law. MR Governor, you have dossiers and files of corruption against the brown teeth afonja. Arrest the bastard.
I don't know how old you are....but my 3 years old cousin reason better than you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Naychuzzy(m): 7:58am On Sep 25, 2018
rock003:

I don't think nigerians, including lagosians, really have control over their votes. It is always about what the godfathers say

And THAT has got to stop.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:58am On Sep 25, 2018
DavSagacity:

I don't know how old you are....but my 3 years old cousin reason better than you.

What is there to reason about my post? Tinubu is corrupt, everyone knows it even if u deny the fact. Ambode served as the Accountant General of the state under Tinubu, if there's any one that shld know the level of corruption of tinubu, he is the one. He should get him arrested. It seems u don't know the level of power a governor have.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DavSagacity(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2018
Naychuzzy:
Ambode has no idea how important he already is to the people of Lagos.. Trust me, if I was him, I wouldn't be that scared, if at all. Becos the real voters would prefer him over some imposed candidate as they've known and seen what he is made of and can do. There is no two way about that.. Come Friday, if he loses the primary. All he needs do immediately is join the fcking PDP and APC will be doomed.

He doesn't need to campaign much anymore. The real lagosians have seen his works in every part so all he need to do is never give up. And there will be so much possibility that both Tinubu and his so called loyalists will end up regretting why they rejected him. I know the reason they rejected him in the first place is so meaningless and insignificant and unrelated to the actual growth and development of Lagos state so FCK APC.

Ambode has done nothing but led the way his instincts and morals have taught him. Too bad he isn't the type to line up people's pockets with govt money.
Honestly. Unfortunately he's scared to move to the PDP and contest under the umbrella platform where to me he has greater change to defeat the APC in a fair election process.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by phabulux: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Dont fall without a fight, when we take control 2019 we shall pay you back

Bastttaarddd...

Win first.
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by slapacha: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2018
Wow betide this guild. And the person that wrote this fake news.
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Naychuzzy(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2018
DavSagacity:

Don't forget that the incumbent Governor came in through the same godfatherism process....so he can't fight against it and WIN.

Brother you are right, but then I am sure he has a whole lot of options. I can even tell you that PDP is somewhere in the corner meticulously watching all this. Once he loses the primary, I put my money on the certainty that they could call on him to represent them. Then the battle will be in BTW APC and PDP and also the good work of Ambo's hands.
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Franzinni: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2018
His window of opportunity is closing because of hesitation

Fortune favors the brave!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DavSagacity(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

What is there to reason about my post? Tinubu is corrupt, everyone knows it even if u deny the fact. Ambode served as the Accountant General of the state under Tinubu, if there's any one that shld know the level of corruption of tinubu, he is the one. He should get him arrested. It seems u don't know the level of power a governor have.
You can't arrest the power and the man on whose backbone and platform you came to power and limelight. let's be frank here. HE CANNOT ARREST TINUBU.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by FBIL: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2018
OP with terrible English! Are you writing from Yobe West? grin
Journalism has been destroyed by these desperate half-baked job seekers. The days of SWEET ENGLISH is gone. I mean, the era of Ray Ekpu of Concord Newspapers and Newswatch magazine.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by coluka: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
ooh I see

So you think Ambide is done right?
He is gone, there's no way he can win if his opponents are the ones in charge of selecting the delegates to vote

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Naychuzzy(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2018
DavSagacity:

Honestly. Unfortunately he's scared to move to the PDP and contest under the umbrella platform where to me he has greater change to defeat the APC in a fair election process.

Brother, you see the word 'Scared' that you used there? That would only last till the primaries are done. Trust me, he'll have no other option than to fight. Whichever way. Even if it means defecting .. In fact, especially if it means defecting!
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Hotfreeze: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2018
Hahaha
Ambode is finally falling headlong into the trap.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2018
DavSagacity:

You can't arrest the power and the man on whose backbone and platform you came to power and limelight. let's be frank here. HE CANNOT ARREST TINUBU.

Reason why he cannot arrest him is FEAR. Infact, the guy is a coward.. OK, u can't arrest him cos he gave u the seat. Has Hw given ambode his second term? NO.. he should fight back, he has the backing of the presidency, and some northern state governors.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by rock003: 8:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Naychuzzy:

And THAT has got to stop.

And who will bell the cat?
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by DavSagacity(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Naychuzzy:

Brother you are right, but then I am sure he has a whole lot of options. I can even tell you that PDP is somewhere in the corner meticulously watching all this. Once he loses the primary, I put my money on the certainty that they could call on him to represent them. Then the battle will be in BTW APC and PDP and also the good work of Ambo's hands.
And am very sure he'll defeat the APC clean without any inconclusive issue if he decide to pitch his tent under the Umbrella party ...
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by phabulux: 8:04am On Sep 25, 2018
spafu:
Deal withbThiefnubu and all his animalistic supporters.

O ni opolo eyo kan ba i!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by Naychuzzy(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2018
DavSagacity:

Yes bro trust me that is his only viable plan, once the primaries are conducted and he loses. Through opportunism, pdc might just win all these vital states.
Re: Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations by olowo1995(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2018
Wait a minute, does he think they will be afraid of those threat, has he not been doing it before wen every civil servant will be afraid of going to office coz who knows wen the so called governor wil walk in to lay dem off, turning to have a compulsory leave in order to ran away of being fired all because of one silly excuse.

Abeg dem dey wait im for epe, make im dey go back epe and come dey collect money for constructing statue or road bus stop wen all road is not good. Failed government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Visits Bola Tinubu / Uzodimma, Wife, Cubana Chief Priest & Friends Celebrate His Re-Election / Ekweremadu Blasts APC: 'APC Yet To Fulfill A Single Campaign Promise'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.