Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere (42692 Views)

CEMENT TECHNOLOGY: Federal Roads Under Senator David Umahi’s Watch Will Last 50 / If APC Loses Ebonyi The PDP From The Following State Should Prepare To Lose- Joe / SE: We Can Make Ebonyi The Silicon Valley Of Nuclear Technology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2018
laplace19:

The practice is to use a lower water-cement ratio making the concrete mix a little stiff(and not slippery) with higher compressive strength (minimum of 30N/m^2) achieved.
Nice one bro,e be like say u get A1 for strength of materials when u dey uni
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by EternalTruths: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2018
TimeMachine:

You dey mind them ?

But the technology is good, but the governor is supposed to do a better job. Drainage is needed, and all he needed was to replace butimen with cement and construct a nice road with gutter. But he bleeped up in attempt to show the 'thickness' of the cement to justify his inflated budget.

I love politicians, because they can lie, and steal without being jailed. I will like my kids to be politicians, but for me, I have politicians in my pocket.

Stop deceiving yourself that a drainage must necessary exist in road construction especially for concrete asphalt roads or pure concrete roads.

Do you know that the thicker a road is, the more difficult it will be to erode it especially when it is not being covered by water and the edges are reinforced with concretes in order to prevent water from washing away the soil on which it was built on.

Besides, a concrete road is like a rock that water can not break up.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by okenwaa(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2018
laplace19:

The practice is to use a lower water-cement ratio making the concrete mix a little stiff(and not slippery) with higher compressive strength (minimum of 30N/m^2) achieved.

The road is usually very slippery when it's raining....though it's still under construction cus it'll still be asphalted,a drainage system constructed coupled with the side-walks too.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Fawklicant: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:

I've been on Nairaland since 2006!
I am a well seasoned and practiving engineer. I have travel to 4 continents and tens of countries wink. I celebrate success when I see it. I am no empty barrel. Mediocrity is what I don't tolerate.

We have all seen your CV. Now answer the question I asked.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by EternalTruths: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2018
bixton:

Apologies but please kindly check the tyres of your friend if they are not yet expired. Check the expiration code by the sides.

Concrete roads are done in most communities in Bayelsa State. So it's not new.
They should just ensure that the surface is not too smooth.

The only problem I have with this road as shown on the pix is that the sides are exposed. They should use sand/laterite to lap the sides of the concrete so it does not wear out too soon.

If only flyca can understand

Fawklicant , pls ignore flyca.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:
Jos lukat the nonzenz! angry
So this is what we are suppose to be celebrating in Nigeria OP! This road is death trap!

Any road less than 50km is not worth celebrating!

Any road less than 200meters width, with no corridors, no side walks, no streetlights, no interchanges, no highway direction boards, no road markings, no pavements, no drainge is not news worthy!

OP, This is 21st century. Building a road is no innovation. The internet is a very broad network consisting of millions of users within and outside your narrow brain range. Please stop disgracing us!

Mr. 21st century standards, that is clearly an inter City link road. Winding through remote areas, linking cities together.
You don't build side walks and street lights on inter cities or inter state roads undecided undecided
Side walks and street lights for who exactly?? undecided undecided
Interchanges?? To divert what traffic?? undecided lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Fawklicant: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2018
EternalTruths:

If only flyca can understand

Fawklicant , pls ignore flyca.

Good advice bro!
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Airfort: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2018
This is a waste of money, I can assure anybody of that. Give the road 2 years and come back with report.

Lucky Igbinedion did this cement road project close to my house at uwelu Benin city, it was a waste of money.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Fawklicant: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2018
Rgade:

Mr. 21st century standards, that is clearly an inter City link road. Winding through remote areas, linking cities together.
You don't build side walks and street lights on inter cities or inter state roads undecided undecided

I taya my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by flyca: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2018
Rgade:

Are you daft or are you just trying?
This road is not news worthy! If it's a village road, then that gives the governor right to build it anyhow? No side parking pavements, no railings, no streetlights, no markings because it's a village road? You guys are just annoying! So why bring “a village road” to NL to celebrate?

Even if the governor wants let him build with his spit! It's his job as the governor. We cannot be celebrating road as achievement in 21st century. Get sense or get out! You and that Fawklicant!
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Alexrayz(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2018
KunAviero:
Yeah, President Buhari was talking with Dangote about building roads with concrete some years back. I wonder what happened to those talks.

I think if d road is not constructed along residential area or structure around it ...it of no paramount importance
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by flyca: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Fawklicant:

We have all seen your CV. Now answer the question I asked.
What is your question?
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by wisdomkid: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2018
laplace19:

I don't know you....
But your school fees is well invested.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2018
the guy is smart...better nigeria replace all asphalt streets with concrete streets.....asphalt streets is not good for nigeria.....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2018
concrete streets may crack but can be repaired easily.....

just keep on feeling the cracks with wet concrete.....

it will last very long.....

dont let whites deceive you with asphalt streets...aspalt streets need too much maintenace....

concrete streets is best for a culture that only understand to build and forget.....

i am a construction worker as profession and i can definitly tell you concrete streest are better for rough enviroment...

and we produce cement in hugh amounts anyways....

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2018
you blacks have to learn to keep whites out of your internal matters....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2018
you people cant even breathe without consulting whites...its foolish...you have already black engineers....

use them...!!!!
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by babaztee: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2018
Kudos to Gov. Umahi. Most governors will NOT use this road building technology because, they MUST do roads every 2-3 years in order to embezzle government funds and deceive the poor masses. Most governors in Nigeria have no tangible developmental projects to showcase other than roads, more so poorly built roads. Is all about governance in building roads? Human Capital development is one of the vital projects any reasonable government should embark on.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2018
you dont need expats for anything....

nigerians are smart enough to do everything themselves....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Fawklicant: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:

What is your question?

Just like I thought.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2018
expat my foot....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by flyca: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2018
Fawklicant:

Just like I thought.
What was your question? In case I skipped it, please ask again. I'm waiting.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 10:01am On Sep 27, 2018
Grupo:

See as you just wasted explanation. The person you were explaining to would not even understand half of the things you wrote

he doesnt have to...have some respect....he or she may understand other things better than you....dont insult others because they dont understand somethings.....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:02am On Sep 27, 2018
I can't see any drainage channel for water to flow throough and avoid erosion, the soil in the east are erosion friendly and cement in concrete can be real slippery.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2018
bantudra:
you dont need expats for anything....

nigerians are smart enough to do everything themselves....

What do you think? There aren't any drainage channels in that picture and don't you think that combination can be real slippery when it rains??
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2018
okenwaa:

The road is usually very slippery when it's raining....though it's still under construction cus it'll still be asphalted,a drainage system constructed coupled with the side-walks too.

This has cleared my doubts , thanks..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Pacesetter123(m): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2018
dellyjoe10:
HE SHOULD PUT RAILINGS NA. ABI MAKE VEHICLE DEY VEER INSIDE BUSH?

WCH KAIN ENGINEER BE THIS
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

What do you think? There aren't any drainage channels in that picture and don't you think that combination can be real slippery when it rains??

for what do you need a drainage for a rural area...??...the enviroment is already drainage enough for the moment...when the area get more developed,then you can build a drainage beside the road...

slippery...??...i dont know about slippery....if your tires still have good grips then you dont have to worry about slippery....
even on aspalt your car will slipp with bad tires....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Pacesetter123(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2018
Offpoint:
In saner country it'll last that long, but in Nigeria I doubt... someone will purposely go there with a sledge hammer just to test it toughness.

Gush! I hate to be the last to comment, everyone will just drop their shíts on me.
kikikikikikikikikikikiiii
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by VULCAN(m): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2018
You insulted him for asking a question while an engineer above answered the same question.

What does that tell us about you?

kaorama:

Close your mouth if you don't know what to say. Which one is friction and did they tell you the road was plastered or something? Why not google anything you dont understand before you make comment.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2018
bantudra:

for what do you need a drainage for a rural area...??...the enviroment is already drainage enough for the moment...when the area get more developed,then you can build a drainage beside the road...

slippery...??...i dont know about slippery....if your tires still have good grips then you dont have to worry about slippery....
even on aspalt your car will slipp with bad tires....

To the best of my knowledge, i know those soils in the east are liable to erosion , so i feel if there aren't any channels for water to flow off, it will eventually eat into the road but not to worry @okenwaa has cleared my doubts already..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

To the best of my knowledge, i know those soils in the east are liable to erosion , so i feel if there aren't any channels for water to flow off, it will eventually eat into the road but not to worry @okenwaa has cleared my doubts already..

ehnnn...i wouldnt fight nature....its too expensive.....

the earth is always shifting...better dont fight the earth...better adjust to the earth....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / Receipt Of Goodluck Jonathan’s N100M APC Presidential Form - Photos / Lagos Removes Oba Ogunji Statue, Dismantles Roundabout For Agege Flyover Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.