Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday (6097 Views)

Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, October 3rd, Public Holiday / FG Declares May 1 Public Holiday / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Islie: 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
The Federal Government has declared Monday, Oct. 1 as public holiday to commemorate Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary.

The federal government made the declaration in a statement issued by the Minister of Interior, retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, on Thursday in Abuja.

The statement was signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Interior, Dr Mohammed Umar.

Dambazau, who congratulated Nigerians on the anniversary, urged them to sustain President Muhammadu Buhari Administration’s efforts at maintaining and strengthening the unity and peace of the country.

He emphasised government’s commitment to promoting national unity, economic growth, social and political development based on democratic principles.

The minister added that in the past 58 years, Nigeria had made a lot of progress and positive impact not only on the lives of its citizens but also on infrastructure development as well as international relations.

https://independent.ng/independence-anniversary-fg-declares-monday-oct-1-public-holiday/amp/

lalasticlala
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by fratermathy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2018
The strike has already made sure of a mandatory sit-at-home!

3 Likes

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by chomchom1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
Failed country tongue.. Buhari is aterrorist... Yarimo and sarki come and beat me am on my bed tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Banmeallday: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
NIGERIA MEANS ACTUALLY NOTHING IN ANY LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD. A MADE UP NAME BY A COMMON OYIBO ASHAWO TO CALL SEVERAL NATIONS A DEROGATORY WORD STARTING WITH N....

THINK CRITICALLY FOLKS....

BUT THOSE HARD WORKING PEOPLE THAT CAN BE HOME ON MONDAY TAKE TIME TO TELL YOUR CHILDREN THE PAINFUL TRUTH ABOUT THEIR FAKE IDENTITY

5 Likes

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by chriskosherbal(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
OK we have heard ..
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NIGERIA........in advance!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by jumpandpas(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
Independence indeed.

what's independent about Nigeria when a sitting president can spend over 100 days in foreign hospital.

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
chomchom1:
Failed country tongue.. Buhari is aterrorist... Yarimo and sarki come and beat me am on my bed tongue

1 Share

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Olohunjedalo(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
chomchom1:

2 Likes

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by weezweezweez(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Rexnegro(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
funny govt, which workers are they declaring holiday for ?

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by BanevsJoker(m): 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
Banmeallday:
NIGERIA MEANS ACTUALLY NOTHING IN ANY LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD. A MADE UP NAME BY A COMMON OYIBO ASHAWO TO CALL SEVERAL NATIONS A DEROGATORY WORD STARTING WITH N....

BUT THOSE HARD WORKING PEOPLE THAT CAN BE HOME ON MONDAY TAKE TIME TO TELL YOUR CHILDREN THE PAINFUL TRUTH ABOUT THEIR FAKE IDENTITY
The Land of Niggers. This is Nigger-Area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by EnglishUsa: 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
How many public holiday we go get, I am tired of this country somebody should give me visa I am going out of Nigeria to my state in ;sambisa Forest shocked
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Akosbaba(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lol
Everyday na holiday for govt workers before
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by hezy4real01(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
58yrs of confusion and bad governance

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by uuzba(m): 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
Banmeallday:

The region of land around river Niger is called NIGER AREA.
We are named after River Niger not after anybody's language.

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by iykeism(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
holiday Abi strike.... this presidency act like they are nt part of the country
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by uuzba(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
hezy4real01:
58yrs of confusion and bad governance

Most oyibo countries are made of one tribe, one language - After one or more nasty Kings overpowered everybody and killed all who opposed him. Oyibo history is full of war and violence.

Nigeria is made up of more than 300 ethnic groups, villages and chiefs each dancing different cultural dance and wearing different cloth.

If you are the president, how do you get everyone to agree on anything without being nasty and violent as the kings of European Counties were? How do you even become the President, the head over all the chiefs and villages in Nigeria without fighting somebody?

Will you allow me to be the head of your chief in your village and tell him to sit down?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by uuzba(m): 12:12am On Sep 28, 2018
EnglishUsa:
How many public holiday we go get, I am tired of this country somebody should give me visa I am going out of Nigeria to my state in ;sambisa Forest shocked
Whomever should just carry visa and give you like that. Because you are tired?
OK. Only you are tired in the whole of Nigeria abi?

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2018
I almost thought the events of Osun election had annulled it..... some Workers are already on break though all thanks to NLC.
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Xander85: 12:58am On Sep 28, 2018
1st Oct' should be a day of national mourning!

Just what da fuc/k are you celebrating? You're at the bottom or near the bottom of all developmental indices ever designed by developmental experts and you want to take a day off to celebrate and make merry!?

Confused bunch of mudafuckers! sad

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Kingspin(m): 1:34am On Sep 28, 2018
Longtime i stop celebrating the shithole because it seems we celebrating politicians. Shameless country and some useless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by 3Ceagle(m): 1:56am On Sep 28, 2018
The minister is evening congratulating you and I for our long years of docility.

Either we die to correct this country by revolution or we die in docility and our offspring continue in servitude. The choice is yours.

This grave yard peace, driven by corrupt politicians using state law enforcement agencies will collapse one day soon if we continue in this part. And surprisingly, majority are comfortable with the grave yard peace. We always have an excuse. A vision less man will always be comfortable with the status quo.

No wonder, nobody want to tinker with our socio political and economic structure to suit our need.

Same basic issues the likes of Fela fought since late 70s are same issues today, it is even worst. Wake up my country men and stand up for something. There is nothing to congratulate anyone for because we are still not independent. Only thinking minds will understand.

1 Like

Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by donqx: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2018
smiley
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2018
58 years of waste...
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by bayelsaowei(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2018
Celebrating independence and still not getting it right with elections.. Nigeria is the very country satan landed when he was driven away from heaven.. too cursed a country with brainless and useless citizens....
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 28, 2018
This is no news we know since 1960 that October 1st is a sit-at-home day. Next news please...
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by Charmingpet: 9:32am On Sep 28, 2018
Oct 1st, public holiday/strike holidays continue. Hmmmmm, the lord is our strength ohhhhh.
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by BluntBoy(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2018
chomchom1:

Cry me a river cheesy
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by BanevsJoker(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2018
bayelsaowei:
Celebrating independence and still not getting it right with elections.. Nigeria is the very country satan landed when he was driven away from heaven.. too cursed a country with brainless and useless citizens....
Google the history of Yorubas. Someone crash-landed from heaven. I think they call him Oduduwa.
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by BanevsJoker(m): 11:45am On Sep 28, 2018
bayelsaowei:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/african-mythology.php?deity=ODUDUWA
you're welcome.
Re: Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, Oct. 1 Public Holiday by mbos: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2018
A ZOOLOGICAL CELEBRATION OF BACKWARDNESS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife / If Obi Wins 7 States In 2023, I Will Give Out N250k To Selected Members Here / After Rigging For Tinubu, Wike Calls For Meeting With Igbos In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.